Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes thread 10:37 - Aug 1 with 27908 viewsSandyman

Convicts win the toss and bat.
Ashes thread on 16:03 - Sep 23 with 1837 viewsNigeriamark

Ashes thread on 18:59 - Sep 15 by kiwidale

Just my opinion see if you agree or not. It was A series dominated by two men Steve Smith and Ben Stokes. Australia won 2 Tests and ultimately retain the ashes the on the back of Smiths batting while England managed to a Win a test they had no right to win and stay in the series long enough to draw the series because of Stokes heroics with both Bat and ball. Australia just shaded the series and Smith just shaded the Man of the series.

Interesting changes for the NZ tour and well done to the 2 lancs debutants. Bairstow out will surprise some although I don’t think it is the worse move they could make. Parkinson mahmood Crawley and Sibley called up. Looking to the future and a decent squad. The big question is Anderson Has he been dropped or rested? Will he get in for SA?
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 16:04]
Ashes thread on 16:05 - Sep 23 with 1832 viewsSuddenLad

Anderson still receiving treatment for the injury that kept him sidelined in the Ashes series.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ashes thread on 16:21 - Sep 23 with 1805 viewsisitme

Interesting, but very pleasing selections for the New Zealand tour, especially from a Lancashire perspective. It is nice to see some of the younger players I championed earlier in the thread earning selection.

The T20 squad also makes sense with those who have undertaken a heavy work load already this year being rested.
Ashes thread on 16:49 - Sep 23 with 1766 viewsfitzochris

Ashes thread on 16:21 - Sep 23 by isitme

Interesting, but very pleasing selections for the New Zealand tour, especially from a Lancashire perspective. It is nice to see some of the younger players I championed earlier in the thread earning selection.

The T20 squad also makes sense with those who have undertaken a heavy work load already this year being rested.

Parkinson’s leg spin just had to feature. It gives England a whole other option.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ashes thread on 17:09 - Sep 23 with 1752 viewsNigeriamark

Ashes thread on 16:05 - Sep 23 by SuddenLad

Anderson still receiving treatment for the injury that kept him sidelined in the Ashes series.

Do you think he would get into the squad for SA though ( if fit)? Not always a country known for his type of pitches. The same with Sri Lanka in March. I would be tempted to leave him until next years home matches as long as he and the selectors are up for that and there is still a place for him. A good long rest and a couple of warm ups with Lancs might be what he needs
Ashes thread on 11:05 - Oct 26 with 1612 viewssweetcorn

Ashes thread on 15:48 - Aug 5 by mingthemerciless

Same with all our sporting teams I'm afraid. When the going gets tough we fold ! We're bringing through a generation of players who have had it easy all their lives and when it come to a real scrap they haven't got what it takes to deal with it.
Football, Cricket, Rugby - we can knock over the small nations but when the big boys come calling we s--t ourselves.

BUMP.

There’s your English bottle.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Ashes thread on 11:27 - Oct 26 with 1576 viewsdownunder

Fully deserved, no complaints.
Ashes thread on 12:57 - Oct 26 with 1537 viewsDaleiLama

Ashes thread on 11:05 - Oct 26 by sweetcorn

BUMP.

There’s your English bottle.

Bottle by the barrel-load!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Ashes thread on 16:00 - Nov 10 with 1416 viewsJames1980

We won the T20 series this morning 2-3 beating NZ in a super over in the final match. Something to smile about.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Ashes thread on 16:32 - Nov 10 with 1389 viewsfitzochris

Ashes thread on 16:00 - Nov 10 by James1980

We won the T20 series this morning 2-3 beating NZ in a super over in the final match. Something to smile about.

Yep and the two Lancashire debutants have more than merited their place.

Ashes thread on 21:31 - Nov 10 with 1318 viewspioneer

Ashes thread on 16:00 - Nov 10 by James1980

But the kiwis get their revenge by sweeping the rugby league series.
Ashes thread on 00:00 - Nov 11 with 1275 viewsNigeriamark

Ashes thread on 16:32 - Nov 10 by fitzochris

Yep and the two Lancashire debutants have more than merited their place.

I was lucky enough to be there yesterday ( even luckier that there was any play due to the rain earlier). Mahmoud was the pick yesterday & with Rashid slowed down the onslaught of the first 5 overs. Aprkinson has done himself no harm either & bowled well in games 3 & 4 on batter friendly pitches. Hopefully he can get a chance in the tests

Lot of miserable Kiwis. They gave me a load of stick with 3 balls left of Englands innings and Jordan coming in to face. At the end of the super overs when I turned around they had vanished !!!
Ashes thread on 23:26 - Nov 20 with 1122 viewsfitzochris

A nice solid start from our new opening partnership in NZ. Shame I’ll need to turn in in half an hour or so.

Pleasant change from the football

Ashes thread on 09:15 - Nov 21 with 1023 viewsaleanddale

Can the OP change the thread title to England Cricket rather than Ashes thread now we are in New Zealand?

Attritional start! And Root struggles again.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 9:16]
Ashes thread on 18:32 - Nov 21 with 980 viewsNigeriamark

Ashes thread on 09:15 - Nov 21 by aleanddale

Can the OP change the thread title to England Cricket rather than Ashes thread now we are in New Zealand?

Attritional start! And Root struggles again.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 9:16]

Pity Denly was out with 30 minutes left otherwise it would easily have been Englands day. 1st session of day 2 is key with Buttler in next and Stokes and Pope at the crease now. A bit of a tail on this side but 350 should be the minimum expected from here
Ashes thread on 23:11 - Nov 21 with 940 viewsSuddenLad

England now in full 'collapse mode' at 296 - 8.

Stokes out for 91 playing a stupid shot.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ashes thread on 23:23 - Nov 21 with 938 viewsSandyman

Indeed, but Leach + Buttler on paper has stickability. (Cue a quick wicket!)
Ashes thread on 23:40 - Nov 21 with 929 viewsfitzochris

Southee has been the difference after the first half hour. Just need to hope Leach can support Buttler long enough to push nearer 400.

Ashes thread on 23:49 - Nov 21 with 927 viewsTVOS1907

Ashes thread on 23:40 - Nov 21 by fitzochris

Southee has been the difference after the first half hour. Just need to hope Leach can support Buttler long enough to push nearer 400.

My summer prediction that Broad will soon be down to number 11 has come true.

Don't understand why Archer is above Leach in the order either. He's averaging just over 6.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Ashes thread on 00:26 - Nov 22 with 913 viewsD_Alien

Ashes thread on 23:49 - Nov 21 by TVOS1907

My summer prediction that Broad will soon be down to number 11 has come true.

Don't understand why Archer is above Leach in the order either. He's averaging just over 6.

Archer's first class batting average is 28, Leach's 12

Stats, eh?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashes thread on 00:53 - Nov 22 with 904 viewsAtThePeake

Ashes thread on 00:26 - Nov 22 by D_Alien

Archer's first class batting average is 28, Leach's 12

Stats, eh?

Archer just hasn't looked comfortable with the bat for England yet but he definitely has the capability. Hopefully it will come to fruition in the Test side at some point.

Tangled up in blue.

Ashes thread on 06:19 - Nov 22 with 882 viewsNigeriamark

Ashes thread on 00:53 - Nov 22 by AtThePeake

Archer just hasn't looked comfortable with the bat for England yet but he definitely has the capability. Hopefully it will come to fruition in the Test side at some point.

Good day in the end when it looked as if they would blow it. Kiwis still 200 behind with their 2 main men out. Nothing for archer as yet but a couple more wickets & he may blow the tail away. Still a very good batting surface so work to be done but we are ahead at this stage
Ashes thread on 06:57 - Nov 22 with 873 viewsfitzochris

Ashes thread on 00:53 - Nov 22 by AtThePeake

He batted well in the warm up game but in actual tests he’s failed to deliver. He seems to want to smash everything to the rope which, as we all know, is a style not necessarily best suited to this format.

Ashes thread on 07:39 - Nov 22 with 847 viewsD_Alien

Ashes thread on 06:57 - Nov 22 by fitzochris

He batted well in the warm up game but in actual tests he’s failed to deliver. He seems to want to smash everything to the rope which, as we all know, is a style not necessarily best suited to this format.

Yes, hopefully he'll settle down and start playing with greater care

I also think Leach has chiselled out a half decent test average so far as a no.10 by simply being asked to occupy the crease whilst his partners score more freely,which he's done superbly

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashes thread on 09:51 - Nov 22 with 818 viewsAtThePeake

Ashes thread on 07:39 - Nov 22 by D_Alien

Yes, hopefully he'll settle down and start playing with greater care

I also think Leach has chiselled out a half decent test average so far as a no.10 by simply being asked to occupy the crease whilst his partners score more freely,which he's done superbly

That ridiculous knock as night watchman vs Ireland won't have hurt either!

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024