Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes thread 10:37 - Aug 1 with 27916 viewsSandyman

Convicts win the toss and bat.
Ashes thread on 16:13 - Aug 25 with 1704 viewsDale23years

This is gonna give me an heart attack

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Ashes thread on 16:18 - Aug 25 with 1699 viewsfitzochris

Jofra Archer May have the X factor as they say, but Ben Stokes is a complete cricketer. Absolutely first rate.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ashes thread on 16:19 - Aug 25 with 1697 viewsSandyman

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ben Stokes, Jack Leach - unbelievable. What a match
Ashes thread on 16:23 - Aug 25 with 1675 viewsD_Alien

Ashes thread on 14:09 - Aug 23 by D_Alien

Okay, so if England can limit the Aussies to around 180 in the second innings and have to chase less than 300, i reckon we'll get them!

Never give up believing

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashes thread on 16:23 - Aug 25 with 1676 viewsEllDale

WOW
Ashes thread on 16:23 - Aug 25 with 1674 viewsMoonyDale

WTF just happened there? Unbelievable Jeff......Stokes you absolute hero... Stunned.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Ashes thread on 16:24 - Aug 25 with 1665 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ashes thread on 16:23 - Aug 25 by MoonyDale

WTF just happened there? Unbelievable Jeff......Stokes you absolute hero... Stunned.

Feeling the same. Can’t believe what has just happened!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ashes thread on 16:27 - Aug 25 with 1649 viewsMolly

Ashes thread on 14:43 - Aug 25 by isitme

Not with three gift wickets this afternoon we won't!

OH YES WE WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Ashes thread on 16:28 - Aug 25 with 1644 viewsSandyman

From being bowled out for 67 and looking beaten.... a comeback that will be as legendary as Headingley 1981.
Ashes thread on 16:34 - Aug 25 with 1619 viewsMolly

I wonder who they'll pick as man of the match?
Ashes thread on 16:35 - Aug 25 with 1611 viewsShun

I’ve only really started watching cricket this year, I never thought it would be entertaining. But Jesus was I wrong, between this and the World Cup it’s been bloody sensational!
Ashes thread on 16:44 - Aug 25 with 1567 views442Dale

Stokes will rightly get all the plaudits, but Leach’s resistance and mental strength was equally as important.

Absolutely shocking review by the Australians cost them, maybe they can blame Jason Pearce.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ashes thread on 16:44 - Aug 25 with 1565 viewsmacro

Ashes thread on 16:44 - Aug 25 by 442Dale

Stokes will rightly get all the plaudits, but Leach’s resistance and mental strength was equally as important.

Absolutely shocking review by the Australians cost them, maybe they can blame Jason Pearce.

The greatest 1 Not Out you’ll ever see
Ashes thread on 16:56 - Aug 25 with 1539 viewskiwidale

Incredible and I missed it I stopped watching it when 9 down choosing to watch the city bore fest. I still cant believe it how was that possible. I will still enjoy watching endless repeats

This is not the time for bickering.

Ashes thread on 17:03 - Aug 25 with 1526 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ashes thread on 16:56 - Aug 25 by kiwidale

Incredible and I missed it I stopped watching it when 9 down choosing to watch the city bore fest. I still cant believe it how was that possible. I will still enjoy watching endless repeats

Remember where you were when this happened, this is comparable to 81, and again at Headingley.

Still stunned!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ashes thread on 17:08 - Aug 25 with 1524 viewsfitzochris

Ashes thread on 13:40 - Aug 25 by fitzochris

Problem is, the ECB, in my opinion, doesn’t rate county cricket anymore (the schedule for 2020 backs that up) and this 100 big bash competition looks like more quick gratification for both a young market and the coffers.

Still, we may just pull this off today/tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

😂

Ashes thread on 17:22 - Aug 25 with 1483 viewsDaleiLama

Ashes thread on 17:03 - Aug 25 by Thacks_Rabbits

Remember where you were when this happened, this is comparable to 81, and again at Headingley.

Still stunned!

Must see TV. So I was in the car. But listening to R5L was no less enthralling. Immense comeback. Can we put spineless to bed now please?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ashes thread on 18:00 - Aug 25 with 1411 viewsisitme

Ashes thread on 16:27 - Aug 25 by Molly

OH YES WE WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable, especially when we were 9 down. Ben Stokes what a legend. His bowling during the Australian second innings shouldn't be down played as well. He put in a long shift and nipped a couple out as well.
Ashes thread on 20:12 - Aug 25 with 1310 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Absolutely brilliant. Greatest test winning innings I have seen. Great test, proving that nothing beats test cricket at its best.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Ashes thread on 21:57 - Aug 25 with 1239 viewsD_Alien

Sport, eh?

Often read that it's "not as important as real life". Well imo that's just plain wrong. It's as real as anything else, and can unite people (or divide them) in ways which would be hard to replicate in any other context

The sporting behaviour of the Aussies in defeat was exemplary. They knew they'd simply been part of something very special, and were willing to feel proud of their role in it whilst they must be hurting

Ben Stokes - vilified by many as the unacceptable face of English sport. Withdrawn from the England squad until his court case was completed. During those bleak months, he must've told himself time and again - if he ever got the chance again, he'd go to the limits of sporting endeavour to try and redeem himself

And how. First, the World Cup final, when it looked unlikely. Today, keeping our Ashes hopes alive, when it seemed impossible

As a metaphor for rising from the gutter to achieve true greatness, his is an object lesson to be told down the ages. It's sport, but it could apply to "real life" too. That's why we treasure it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashes thread on 22:10 - Aug 25 with 1223 viewsMoonyDale

Ashes thread on 21:57 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

Sport, eh?

Often read that it's "not as important as real life". Well imo that's just plain wrong. It's as real as anything else, and can unite people (or divide them) in ways which would be hard to replicate in any other context

The sporting behaviour of the Aussies in defeat was exemplary. They knew they'd simply been part of something very special, and were willing to feel proud of their role in it whilst they must be hurting

Ben Stokes - vilified by many as the unacceptable face of English sport. Withdrawn from the England squad until his court case was completed. During those bleak months, he must've told himself time and again - if he ever got the chance again, he'd go to the limits of sporting endeavour to try and redeem himself

And how. First, the World Cup final, when it looked unlikely. Today, keeping our Ashes hopes alive, when it seemed impossible

As a metaphor for rising from the gutter to achieve true greatness, his is an object lesson to be told down the ages. It's sport, but it could apply to "real life" too. That's why we treasure it

Watched it live, watched the C5 highlights and just watched it again on Sky.......Guess what, my heart was still pounding as those last few overs were bowled....Only sport can do this, you live every ball and every run...That is as real life as it gets,

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Ashes thread on 22:29 - Aug 25 with 1191 viewsfitzochris

Ashes thread on 22:10 - Aug 25 by MoonyDale

Watched it live, watched the C5 highlights and just watched it again on Sky.......Guess what, my heart was still pounding as those last few overs were bowled....Only sport can do this, you live every ball and every run...That is as real life as it gets,

I’m with you there. You half expect the the dropped catch to be taken, and the stumps smashed at the fumbled run out, during every viewing.

Can’t get over how good that was from both Stokes and Leach. Stokes with the shots and Leach taking a chamois to his lenses.

As was rightly discussed on The Debate by Willis and Stewart, this result should be celebrated and then a long hard look at the batting line up should take place to ensure we have more second innings than first going forward.

Oh and Lancs won. Again.

Great day for North West cricket fans.

Ashes thread on 08:52 - Aug 26 with 1010 viewsTVOS1907

Ashes thread on 02:00 - Aug 24 by pioneer

They aren’t’ bad? That’s like saying bury aren’t skint.

They are bloody awful....setting records for all time futility.

Yes they won the beer and skittles, despite losing to all sorts and a quirky decision in the final that has since been acknowledged to have been an error.

They are consistently failing to get even reasonable scores.

Time to burn some more bails.

Good job a Test match isn't decided on one innings, isn't it?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Ashes thread on 09:01 - Aug 26 with 990 viewsDaley_Lama

Ashes thread on 15:22 - Aug 23 by EllDale

I'm glad I haven't got a ticket for the last couple of days of this one. It could be all over in three days.

😊

Enjoy Old Trafford sire.

Poll: DF in or out

Ashes thread on 09:27 - Aug 26 with 970 viewsEllDale

Haha shows what I know doesn't it?
Can't wait for the next test.
Reminds me vividly of 1981 when Botham, after his heroics at Headingley, scored another fine hundred at Old Trafford.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024