Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who can / should be shipped out on loan 13:10 - Aug 4 with 3391 viewsjonahwhereru

The first match day squad gives a good indication of the pecking order for the season ahead. Given the window doesn’t close until the end of the month who would you like to see loAned out to make room for some new faces. My views:

Lillis - unless he is injured I have no idea what is going on there. If he is still in the mix I would go with two keepers and loan out Wade
Gilliam - not seen much of him, but have not been overwhelmed by him. Would ship him out rather than Tavares who could be anything at this stage
Bradley - if there is an area we are well stocked in it’s midfield. I know he is a first season pro, but with a small squad you cannot have squad members who always watch from the stand
Hooper - similar comment to Bradley; is he part of the plan?
Andrew - I am a fan, think he is better from of the bench than when starting so would keep

Any other views?
Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 13:32 - Aug 4 with 3321 viewsisitme

I expect Lillis to leave sometime this week, especially as he wasn't on the bench yesterday. I think Gilliam could be the lowest down the pecking order in the squad and doesn't offer anything others ahead of him do. At least with Tavares he has pace. I think the first year pros are better staying here learning and playing in checkatrade/bounce games.
Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 13:55 - Aug 4 with 3263 viewsDareToCalvin

I think BBM does intend to use all the squad, as he did mention he wants a small but high-quality squad, so he must want to give the 3 first year pros some game time. I would also expect Lillis to leave at some point this season, hopefully now if he is leaving so we can cash in as he is out of contract.
Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 14:58 - Aug 4 with 3095 viewstodmordendale

I agree with you Isitme. Gillam offers little with no sign of development over the past couple of years. Must be 6th in the pecking order to play in an attacking role.
I’ve seen Bradley a few times now and there is no doubt some skill there, but he always seem to look lost in space. Waiting rather than going for it. Some regular game time elsewhere may improve him. He’s not ready yet.
Don’t know about Lillis. We’ve had Pereria, Logan, Magnus Normal, Donny Lonnigan and a few others but Lillis always makes the reliable comeback.
I’m sure BBM will manage what he feels is right.
Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 15:55 - Aug 4 with 2970 views49thseason

Having a six-feet six-inch goalkeeper who can actually judge and catch a cross will make a huge difference to our defensive frailties. having a lad that size who is comfortable with the ball at his feet and who can find a blue (or pink) shirt wth his clearances adds hugely to the team. my personal view is that if someone wants Lillis, I would be happy for him to go.
Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 15:57 - Aug 4 with 2965 viewsboromat

I also think Lillis will leave. Hopper is the only one that might get loaned out but only because he's been missing from all the preseason games, maybe this is due to him being injured? But I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Gilliam is an interesting one he's 21 now and needs to be making headway into the first team this year he signed pro in 2016 and had nearly 20 appearances but he's not played since. Selection during preseason doesn't look great for him either. When he has played he's done ok and physically looks ready. I don't think he can be loaned out. He needs to be here fighting for some game time.

Tavares and Bradley are still young enough to learn from being around our first team squad and being involved in the checkatrade games.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 16:20 - Aug 4 with 2905 viewsVivaDonaldo

The squad is so much more than just who makes the subs bench each week.

We need all our players in order to make training worthwhile, encourage competition and provide back up in emergencies.

Only one I could really see being shifted on is lillis and hopefully the wage saved can be immediately reinvested.
Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 16:24 - Aug 4 with 2879 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Young Luke Matheson made a big impact (against bury) in the Checkatrade last season,would be great to see him in similar form.
Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 02:00 - Aug 6 with 2336 viewsParechart

Lillis is bound for Bury if they survive extinction.
Login to get fewer ads

Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 06:46 - Aug 6 with 2275 viewsfitzochris

Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 02:00 - Aug 6 by Parechart

Lillis is bound for Bury if they survive extinction.

Where did you pops that info from?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 21:18 - Aug 6 with 1921 viewstodmordendale

My mate in the pub who is mates with Scunny fans in the pub says Lillis is on his way to Scunny.
Ironing
Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 12:35 - Aug 8 with 1602 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Prior to Saturday you’d have expected a fit Alby to start and that Kelvins Andrews would be his back up. Not sure it bodes well for Kelvins that, despite Alby not being available, Kelvins didn’t get any (league) game time at all. A returning Alby would indicate that Kelvins would be further away from getting (league) game time.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 12:46 - Aug 8 with 1545 viewsSandyDrum

Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 12:35 - Aug 8 by BigDaveMyCock

Prior to Saturday you’d have expected a fit Alby to start and that Kelvins Andrews would be his back up. Not sure it bodes well for Kelvins that, despite Alby not being available, Kelvins didn’t get any (league) game time at all. A returning Alby would indicate that Kelvins would be further away from getting (league) game time.

FYI the whole Kelvin thing isn't funny.
Never was, never will be.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 13:13 - Aug 8 with 1472 viewsTVOS1907

Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 21:18 - Aug 6 by todmordendale

My mate in the pub who is mates with Scunny fans in the pub says Lillis is on his way to Scunny.
Ironing

Which pub?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 22:45 - Aug 8 with 1284 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Who can / should be shipped out on loan on 12:46 - Aug 8 by SandyDrum

FYI the whole Kelvin thing isn't funny.
Never was, never will be.

Apologies, I’ll go back to calling him Julie again.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024