Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Donny (H) 14:11 - Aug 10 with 11867 viewsShun

Morley in for Rathbone.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 14:13 - Aug 10 with 7182 viewsShun

3 defenders and 3 forwards on the bench. That doesn’t leave much scope to change the midfield if it isn’t working or we get another injury.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 14:28 - Aug 10 with 7080 viewsboromat

Chuffed for Morley but worrying that Ollie is injured again. Also great to see tavares on the bench think he could be a good option. And an unknown for the opposition.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread: Donny (H) on 14:44 - Aug 10 with 6996 viewsCanadaDale

BBM said in his interview the Rathbone was touch and go from the bad challenge that forced him off last week. Obviously not quite right yet and the right back is still injured from pre-season
Match thread: Donny (H) on 16:09 - Aug 10 with 6606 views_Windydale

Good game. Theplayers have obviously worked hard closed season. We got battered by Doncaster last year and this season donny don't look a bad side. Pressing dale hard in our own half.
 Some hard work and great passing moves by dale though. Although trying to work the ball without much penetration into their area.

Pykes having a great game. Sanchez looks assured and he's got fantastic distribution.  Central decence looking solid. Could go either way 2nd half. Still think  a dale win though
Match thread: Donny (H) on 16:31 - Aug 10 with 6498 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Get in, Aaron Morley!
Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:07 - Aug 10 with 6202 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Donny (H) on 16:31 - Aug 10 by RespectTheChemistry

Get in, Aaron Morley!

Finished 1-1. Late goal by Doncaster but in that last 5 minutes we just couldn’t get our foot on the ball ir any possession. Free header for the goal but he placed it well. Our goal had a bit of luck as it was a cross that evaded everyone and crept in. Encouraging team performance with no terrible individual performances but still nice they went behind and decided to attack we struggled little. Still think we are crying out for another striker to support Hendo who ran his socks of today. Would have taken 4 points from 6 at the start up of the season but always disappointing to lose 2 points so late on
Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:10 - Aug 10 with 6161 viewsDaleFan7

There were some good performances. Morley was brilliant and I thought Keohane had a good game. Dooley, however, was awful.

Disappointing to concede so late and the corner should never have come about, too much p*ssing about again. On a reflection of the game probably a fair result, just hard to take how it happened.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:11 - Aug 10 with 6147 views442Dale

We lost our control a bit when Morley went off - deserved MotM - and you could see us getting deeper and deeper and unable to move up the pitch like we had. Point was a fair result but that’s three goals conceded in the last few minutes now so we need to look at ways of playing out games further away from our own goal.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:13 - Aug 10 with 6110 viewsisitme

If Done had let the ball go it was a goal kick. The throw becomes a corner, which becomes a goal! Small margins. A great header by their player.

Played some good some at times but sort of lost our way when Morley went off.

Overall a good start to the season with football that's pleasing on the eye and much better than most of the last two seasons.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:26 - Aug 10 with 6003 viewsShun

Probably a fair result in the end, and two teams who (going off that) won’t be challenging the top 6 and won’t be worrying too much about the bottom 4.

We played some lovely, lovely stuff. We’re going to out-football a lot of teams this season, but by god it’s going to be nerve-wracking as we continually play tiki-taka across our box as the opponent surround us. I already love Bobby Sanchez and he and EOC especially seem so adept at this style of football but they really need to be given orders that they’re allowed to hoof it clear at times.

Morley played really well, and Keohane was excellent. Doncaster look impotent without Marquis, but I’m glad to see they’ve abandoned the rotten gamesmanship that typified their play under McCann and Ferguson.

All in all, a good start to the season, but it’s worth noting that if we could hold on for about 7 minutes longer each game we’d be in first place now!
Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:27 - Aug 10 with 5993 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:11 - Aug 10 by 442Dale

We lost our control a bit when Morley went off - deserved MotM - and you could see us getting deeper and deeper and unable to move up the pitch like we had. Point was a fair result but that’s three goals conceded in the last few minutes now so we need to look at ways of playing out games further away from our own goal.

Yes, Shun pinpointed it at the top of the thread, no options in midfield and we lost our shape. The ball stopped progressing beyond the back 5 and whilst an equaliser wasn't inevitable it was far from unexpected

Overall though - and this was my first viewing - i was impressed and saw enough to believe we'll be in for a decent season, possibly better than decent with a few tweaks

Thought everyone put in at least a decent showing if not better, although i'd have taken Dooley off after the goal since he offers nothing defensively

A draw was perhaps fair on the balance of play - but those 3 points would've made the wet weekend so much sweeter!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:34 - Aug 10 with 5897 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:13 - Aug 10 by isitme

If Done had let the ball go it was a goal kick. The throw becomes a corner, which becomes a goal! Small margins. A great header by their player.

Played some good some at times but sort of lost our way when Morley went off.

Overall a good start to the season with football that's pleasing on the eye and much better than most of the last two seasons.

Yes not quite sure why Done kept the ball in ? This ultimately led to him giving the ball away then conceding the corner. We've scored our fair share of late goals v Donny at Spotland recently so can't really complain. Other than that I thought we were superb with O'Connell and Morley the stand outs.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:36 - Aug 10 with 5878 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:34 - Aug 10 by dingdangblue

Yes not quite sure why Done kept the ball in ? This ultimately led to him giving the ball away then conceding the corner. We've scored our fair share of late goals v Donny at Spotland recently so can't really complain. Other than that I thought we were superb with O'Connell and Morley the stand outs.

Think he wasn't 100% sure it hadn't taken a touch off a Dale player - letting it go out would've made him look silly if it had

Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:46 - Aug 10 with 5781 viewsblackdogblue

Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:36 - Aug 10 by D_Alien

Think he wasn't 100% sure it hadn't taken a touch off a Dale player - letting it go out would've made him look silly if it had

Overall thought it was a good effort, agree Dooley wasn’t the best & surprised he wasn’t subbed for Done..,

Still, better start to the season than usual..

Bolton not off to the best of starts, let’s see what Tuesday brings

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:46 - Aug 10 with 5780 viewsCanadaDale

Thought we played very well and kept the ball excellently.
Tough one to take so late on with the goal.
Thought everyone had a good game from back to front apart from Dooley. I thought he was very poor and never really got going at any point.
Was good to watch and the possession stats where fantastic. Nice to see us playing with such confidence at home and playing easy on the eye football.
Last season we probably lose that game 3-1 after falling apart at the back.
Rather Pyke need to play in the middle or we need another striker who can score some goals, because I feel we are completely relying on Hendo for all of them.
Up The Dale!
Match thread: Donny (H) on 18:06 - Aug 10 with 5630 views442Dale

Interesting interview. “we worked them out” and they sat off and let us have it in our own third in the second half. Something we need to recognise is going to be worked out more and more as the season goes on.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Donny (H) on 18:31 - Aug 10 with 5450 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Donny (H) on 17:10 - Aug 10 by DaleFan7

There were some good performances. Morley was brilliant and I thought Keohane had a good game. Dooley, however, was awful.

Disappointing to concede so late and the corner should never have come about, too much p*ssing about again. On a reflection of the game probably a fair result, just hard to take how it happened.

Done did absolutely nowt when he came on...he runs along side an opponent but invariably does not put a tackle in and then fades away to let the attacker do what he wants....Calvin also added nothing at all...we were far weaker after our subs yet again..

.......and we will be getting a name for conceding late on AGAIN.

Yes some good stuff on view but this pissing about at the back will cost us....like today.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 18:50 - Aug 10 with 5338 viewstodmordendale

A good performance overall. Scouse Williams was solid today and the combination with Morley was good to see. Morley’s distribution was excellent and he looks to have grown into a man over the summer. Camp’s weight loss and playing further forward works well.
Agree about Dooley. There was little or no end product to all his scurrying around.
Substitutions lost the shape and probably cost us the win.
And a plea to BBM, stop them pissing around at the back. We are not Man City.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 18:59 - Aug 10 with 5294 viewsjpresto

Thought Mr Kettle was up to his usual standard. Morley was booked after leaving the field behind the goal and Done allowed on by the 4th official, yet every Donny sub left the field on the half way line, not the nearest point.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:00 - Aug 10 with 5267 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Donny (H) on 18:59 - Aug 10 by jpresto

Thought Mr Kettle was up to his usual standard. Morley was booked after leaving the field behind the goal and Done allowed on by the 4th official, yet every Donny sub left the field on the half way line, not the nearest point.

He was booked for coming back onto the field to cut out the corner by the flag...

I know... I know...

Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:05 - Aug 10 with 5229 viewsBarrowdale

Just for balance. Booking of Morley was correct, he’ll learn but had a great game. Also thought MJ ran everyone close for Mom
Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:17 - Aug 10 with 5157 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:05 - Aug 10 by Barrowdale

Just for balance. Booking of Morley was correct, he’ll learn but had a great game. Also thought MJ ran everyone close for Mom

Booked for timewasting - Kettle wasted more time by booking him! Pedantic prick - always been a bad un and when he disallowed that Accrington goal a few years ago when he blew his whistle for ht as the ball was going in the net will remain for me one of the worst pieces of refereeing in the history of football.

[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 19:18]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:20 - Aug 10 with 5138 viewsNorthYorksDale

Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:00 - Aug 10 by D_Alien

He was booked for coming back onto the field to cut out the corner by the flag...

I know... I know...

He never actually left the field over the goal line. He was initially directed behind the goal to the left of the goal as he faced it, by the time he’d walked a few more paces the ref again directed him to the goal line but to the right of the posts. Morley then curved his slow walk off until he ended up going off at the touchline. Completely justified booking.

I don’t recall all the Donny subs but the one shortley after was more or less from the middle of the pitch so the shortest route was to the touch line, yes he could probably have walked directly to the Dale bench saving a yard or so but that and Morley’s were in no way comparable.
Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:20 - Aug 10 with 5138 viewsDaley_Lama

O Connell was absolutely immense in defence today, including 2 absolute last ditch saving tackles towards the end.

Our back 6 (inc MJ) gives me far more confidence than at any time last season.

Decent team, Donny.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Donny (H) on 19:34 - Aug 10 with 5042 viewsChaffRAFC

Only mentioned a couple of times in this thread but MJ Williams was MOTM for me today. Thought he, along with Morley were outstanding.

Also really like O'Connell in the centre of defence. He looks superb on the ball and also seems to link well with McNulty. Norrington-Davies looks like he should have been nowhere near the level of Barrow as well. Superb so far from him.

Disappointing to concede but a very good start and an awful lot more positives than negatives.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024