Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These new rules 16:58 - Aug 11 with 2928 viewsBartRowou

VAR
Man United have just scored a penalty.
When Rashford takes it, a United player is clearly in the D and therefore not 10 yards from the ball. I VARed it myself using the remote and the pause button.
1. Why have our VAR overlords not ordered the penalty to be retaken?

This new subs idea.
2. Why do subs warming up have to wear bibs but a subbed player can walk halfway round the pitch bibless?

This new drop ball thing
3. Why?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

These new rules on 17:42 - Aug 11 with 2830 views442Dale

VAR only gets involved in the penalty situation if it affects play I think. They explained it when Rice had encroached and cleared the ball after Aguero’s penalty was saved yesterday.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

These new rules on 17:43 - Aug 11 with 2827 viewsDalenet

I am sure that the TV pundits were saying yesterday that the VAR overlords won't rule on penalty taking unless the ref asks them to have a look.

As for the subs rule. Kettle couldn't wait to give a yellow card yesterday to Morley, yet when they made a sub they weren't required to take the shortest journey off the pitch. Again a ref can make up his own rules. Just as well that there is no rule that you needed to take a thrown in within 10 yards of where it went out of play because Kettle would need to make a right decision for that too!!! Can't stand his inconsistency or his pendantic approach.
These new rules on 17:55 - Aug 11 with 2787 viewsTVOS1907

These new rules on 17:43 - Aug 11 by Dalenet

I am sure that the TV pundits were saying yesterday that the VAR overlords won't rule on penalty taking unless the ref asks them to have a look.

As for the subs rule. Kettle couldn't wait to give a yellow card yesterday to Morley, yet when they made a sub they weren't required to take the shortest journey off the pitch. Again a ref can make up his own rules. Just as well that there is no rule that you needed to take a thrown in within 10 yards of where it went out of play because Kettle would need to make a right decision for that too!!! Can't stand his inconsistency or his pendantic approach.

He gave Morley more than sufficient time to leave the pitch and actually pointed to where he should walk, which Morley then chose to ignore by ambling in an arc towards the touchline instead of the byline. NorthYorksDale described it perfectly yesterday.

The Doncaster substituted players and later Pyke left the field where they were told to. One Doncaster player was probably equidistant from the byline and the touchline as they were waiting to take a throw-in, so where he left the field made no difference.

We also had our goalkeeper booked for time-wasting at Tranmere.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 17:56]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

These new rules on 17:56 - Aug 11 with 2780 viewsD_Alien

These new rules on 17:43 - Aug 11 by Dalenet

I could be wrong (and hope i am) but are refs instructed to make sure players being subbed leave by the shortest route only if their team are ahead at the time?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

These new rules on 18:08 - Aug 11 with 2727 viewsTVOS1907

These new rules on 17:56 - Aug 11 by D_Alien

I could be wrong (and hope i am) but are refs instructed to make sure players being subbed leave by the shortest route only if their team are ahead at the time?

Not sure about that, but unfortunately Morley invited his own booking yesterday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

These new rules on 18:30 - Aug 11 with 2674 viewsjudd

That ref makes my blood boil

Poll: What is it to be then?

These new rules on 19:07 - Aug 11 with 2597 viewsmodelboydave

I agree

The way he goose steps around !

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

These new rules on 20:06 - Aug 11 with 2511 viewsdingdangblue

These new rules on 18:30 - Aug 11 by judd

That ref makes my blood boil

There is always trouble brewing when he's reffing.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

These new rules on 20:32 - Aug 11 with 2453 viewsYorkshire_Dale

These new rules on 20:06 - Aug 11 by dingdangblue

There is always trouble brewing when he's reffing.

.......yes,he's always got the Kettle on!
These new rules on 21:39 - Aug 11 with 2322 viewsnordenblue

These new rules on 20:32 - Aug 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

.......yes,he's always got the Kettle on!

Polly?
These new rules on 10:54 - Aug 12 with 2043 viewsjonahwhereru

I am interested to know with the fine margins the offside rule is going to, how is the the passing of the pass being interpreted. Is it the moment the foot makes contact with ball or the moment the ball starts travelling forward. Guess it is not that precise, but if a players is going full tilt, say 5ml is nothing in terms of time.
Think VAR will lead to less goals from open play and more penalties. Which would be a shame. I think most supporters were comfortable that a touch and go offside would some times work for you and some times against.
While on the rules the new handball rule could change the way attacking play is managed. If you are lacking support near the bye line just blast it into the box and hope it hits a hand, rather than hold the ball up for support. Some of these will be given.
I won’t celebrate when VAR arrives at Rochdale league games.
These new rules on 11:05 - Aug 12 with 2020 viewsSandyDrum

These new rules on 10:54 - Aug 12 by jonahwhereru

I am interested to know with the fine margins the offside rule is going to, how is the the passing of the pass being interpreted. Is it the moment the foot makes contact with ball or the moment the ball starts travelling forward. Guess it is not that precise, but if a players is going full tilt, say 5ml is nothing in terms of time.
Think VAR will lead to less goals from open play and more penalties. Which would be a shame. I think most supporters were comfortable that a touch and go offside would some times work for you and some times against.
While on the rules the new handball rule could change the way attacking play is managed. If you are lacking support near the bye line just blast it into the box and hope it hits a hand, rather than hold the ball up for support. Some of these will be given.
I won’t celebrate when VAR arrives at Rochdale league games.

With VAR, they take the last frame that the ball is in contact with the foot.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024