Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stevenage 11:42 - Aug 12 with 1990 viewsrochdaleriddler

Reading about them selling £300’000 worth of shares to directly boost their playing budget. The new shareholders have voting rights, and will receive a 25% dividend if they get to league one, and 75% if they attain championship status. Two years ago 200 fans invested £600k to build a new stand. Maybe we should look at this model. The owner states that in his main business he turns over £1.6 billion, but he can’t make Stevenage break even.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Stevenage on 12:17 - Aug 12 with 1873 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/revealed-how-stevenage-became-the-lower-leagu

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stevenage on 12:27 - Aug 12 with 1839 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Most fans that buy shares in Football Clubs do so out of goodwill and do not expect a divi or any return on their investment.

Are shares in RAFC worth anything and are they readily available?

I know there was a Share Offer many moons ago....did it work out?
Stevenage on 12:39 - Aug 12 with 1793 viewsrochdaleriddler

Stevenage on 12:17 - Aug 12 by SuddenLad

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/revealed-how-stevenage-became-the-lower-leagu

Thanks, I read it in the paper version!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Stevenage on 12:40 - Aug 12 with 1787 viewsrochdaleriddler

Stevenage on 12:27 - Aug 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

Most fans that buy shares in Football Clubs do so out of goodwill and do not expect a divi or any return on their investment.

The difference here is the revenue from the shares went straight into the playing budget

Stevenage on 12:51 - Aug 12 with 1739 viewsjudd

Stevenage on 12:40 - Aug 12 by rochdaleriddler

The difference here is the revenue from the shares went straight into the playing budget

I believe the club was relatively pleased with the last share issue, but would those of us being accused of destabilising the club ever be invited to partake in another issue?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Stevenage on 13:20 - Aug 12 with 1662 viewsAncoats_Blue

Stevenage on 12:27 - Aug 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

I'd be interested in buying in if the club did another share issue. How do they normally announce such an event? To the existing shareholders on a first-come-first-served basis I presume because I've never seen any mention of a share issue in the past yet there seem to be a lot of fans with nominal holdings in the club.
Stevenage on 13:25 - Aug 12 with 1643 viewsjudd

Stevenage on 13:20 - Aug 12 by Ancoats_Blue

I'd be interested in buying in if the club did another share issue. How do they normally announce such an event? To the existing shareholders on a first-come-first-served basis I presume because I've never seen any mention of a share issue in the past yet there seem to be a lot of fans with nominal holdings in the club.

It may be worth phoning the club and asking if you can buy some.

Stevenage on 19:53 - Aug 12 with 1354 viewsDalenet

Stevenage on 13:20 - Aug 12 by Ancoats_Blue

You do realise that the purchase price of shares in Dale is in effect just a "gift". You are very very unlikely to ever get anything back or be able to sell them.
Login to get fewer ads

Stevenage on 20:07 - Aug 12 with 1335 viewsjudd

Stevenage on 19:53 - Aug 12 by Dalenet

You do realise that the purchase price of shares in Dale is in effect just a "gift". You are very very unlikely to ever get anything back or be able to sell them.

You'd get a say at a shareholders meeting.

Stevenage on 09:44 - Aug 13 with 1112 viewselectricblue

Stevenage on 20:07 - Aug 12 by judd

You'd get a say at a shareholders meeting.

Perhaps the club should do another share offer.....
Depends upon how much per share though..

If all thrust members bought £100 worth of shares would it give the trust more of a say.
Jeez i would even by £100 worth and give them to the trust....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stevenage on 12:26 - Aug 13 with 1022 viewsupthedale

It happened about ten years ago I think because I debated buying them at the time but I was on a trainee wage so it would have been a large amount of my salary. You got a couple of other things in, a commemorative certificate (I assume as well as the share certificate) and some other things.

As others have said, you have to buy on the basis you'll never get a penny back.
Stevenage on 17:07 - Aug 13 with 880 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hope Frances is reading this thread?

We could have a share issue with ALL the proceeds going towards a rain/snow/frost tent jobby to cover our hallowed turf in the winter. Now that would work.

But don't let Hornets use it, or leave on the car park when not in use.
Stevenage on 17:17 - Aug 13 with 864 views49thseason

Its a great idea. I expect it would have to be used for Hornets games to try and prevent damage. , equally if the pitch is protected properly maybe the cost of the annual maintenance would be much less. Maybe the trick is to find out what these things cost and then figure out the fnancing between the Club and the Trust. A lease option might be viable.
Stevenage on 17:21 - Aug 13 with 850 viewsAncoats_Blue

it's really easy to launch an equity raise online with crowdfundnig platforms like Seedrs.
So easy in fact that fellow L1 club Wimbledon are doing just that right now ;) https://www.seedrs.com/afcwimbledon
Stevenage on 17:55 - Aug 13 with 803 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Stevenage on 17:21 - Aug 13 by Ancoats_Blue

it's really easy to launch an equity raise online with crowdfundnig platforms like Seedrs.
So easy in fact that fellow L1 club Wimbledon are doing just that right now ;) https://www.seedrs.com/afcwimbledon

As we know our dear neighbours down the road like a bit of Crowdfunding.

Good ideas developing here.....and a certain amount of "I would back that " campaign?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024