Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's team 12:32 - Aug 13 with 9800 viewsD_Alien

Will BBM make a few changes to the starting line-up from the first two games of the season, or will he fall foul of the (mooted) requirement to play his "best available team"?

I'm expecting a few changes

I'd like to see Magloire in action and Done replace Dooley at the very minimum. Also, if Rathbone was "touch and go" for last Saturday, he might be ready for tonight

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tonight's team on 22:29 - Aug 13 with 2267 viewsjudd

Tonight's team on 22:27 - Aug 13 by D_Alien

There's also a huge gash (yeah) to the surface a couple of feet to the right of the goal at the Sandy Lane end. A ball bouncing there could go in any direction

There was also a pastie lobbed on in that area after Camp's 2nd.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Tonight's team on 22:32 - Aug 13 with 2250 viewsfitzochris

Tonight's team on 22:29 - Aug 13 by judd

There was also a pastie lobbed on in that area after Camp's 2nd.

At £3.50 a pop, that’s a hell of a protest.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Tonight's team on 22:37 - Aug 13 with 2201 viewsjudd

Tonight's team on 22:32 - Aug 13 by fitzochris

At £3.50 a pop, that’s a hell of a protest.

It could have had someone's eye out

Tonight's team on 22:42 - Aug 13 with 2129 viewsfitzochris

Tonight's team on 22:37 - Aug 13 by judd

A mouthful, an eyeful.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Tonight's team on 22:43 - Aug 13 with 2113 viewsD_Alien

Tonight's team on 22:37 - Aug 13 by judd

Expect the Hong Kong police force will have their order in already

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tonight's team on 22:44 - Aug 13 with 2098 viewstodmordendale

The midfield is looking good, creative and confident with options of rotation for injuries.
Williams is becoming a stand out player, non stop commitment from Rathbone and Camps up front is a player re-born. Morley looks like a class act in the making. Dooley can be capable of more of tonight.
I think with O’Connell gives more confidence and less pressure on Jim. Magloire is not quite ready yet.
Positive and pleasing with good movement and creativity.
Tonight's team on 22:50 - Aug 13 with 2029 viewsjudd

Tonight's team on 22:44 - Aug 13 by todmordendale

The midfield is looking good, creative and confident with options of rotation for injuries.
Williams is becoming a stand out player, non stop commitment from Rathbone and Camps up front is a player re-born. Morley looks like a class act in the making. Dooley can be capable of more of tonight.
I think with O’Connell gives more confidence and less pressure on Jim. Magloire is not quite ready yet.
Positive and pleasing with good movement and creativity.

Well said. Don't forget our left back. He's non stop action.

Tonight's team on 23:03 - Aug 13 with 1902 viewsTVOS1907

First time we've scored five at home since beating Macclesfield 5-0 in April 2007!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight's team on 23:11 - Aug 13 with 1838 viewsNerazzurri

Tonight's team on 23:03 - Aug 13 by TVOS1907

First time we've scored five at home since beating Macclesfield 5-0 in April 2007!

When did we beat Chester 6-1, was that not after that, or does that not count cause it was 6?

Forza Nerazzurri

Tonight's team on 23:22 - Aug 13 with 1765 viewsTVOS1907

Tonight's team on 23:11 - Aug 13 by Nerazzurri

When did we beat Chester 6-1, was that not after that, or does that not count cause it was 6?

Yep, I should have been clearer. I meant "exactly 5".

The Chester game was in October 2008.

Good spot.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tonight's team (n/t) on 23:32 - Aug 13 with 1726 viewskiwidale

Tonight's team on 23:22 - Aug 13 by TVOS1907

Yep, I should have been clearer. I meant "exactly 5".

The Chester game was in October 2008.

Good spot.

This is not the time for bickering.

Tonight's team on 06:09 - Aug 14 with 1500 viewsdownunder

After reading the BBC report, was Dennis Politic as impressive as the number of mentions he got?
Going of that he was involved in everything they did.
Tonight's team on 07:47 - Aug 14 with 1326 viewsEllDale

I can only echo some of those earlier sentiments about the way we played tonight.
Our use of the ball was imaginative and we wanted to go forward.
Camps is a different player. I can see why Peterborough were alleged to be sniffing on this form.
And we've unearthed a gem of a leftback in RND.
Mention too for Bolton. They fielded a team of youngsters who were quite competitive until they ran out of steam.Parkinson and Parkin must be working hard to try and mould a team there and some of their kids looked quite good.
And their fans were tremendous given the circumstances and the summer that they've had.
Tonight's team on 08:11 - Aug 14 with 1262 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Yesterday, Bury, the club whose supporters consider Bolton as their genuine rivals, had their fourth game of the season postponed.
Yesterday, Dale smashed Bolton, the club whose supporters consider Bury not worthy of such rivalry.
Lovely stuff.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 8:12]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Tonight's team on 09:01 - Aug 14 with 1140 viewsaleanddale

Tonight's team on 07:47 - Aug 14 by EllDale

I can only echo some of those earlier sentiments about the way we played tonight.
Our use of the ball was imaginative and we wanted to go forward.
Camps is a different player. I can see why Peterborough were alleged to be sniffing on this form.
And we've unearthed a gem of a leftback in RND.
Mention too for Bolton. They fielded a team of youngsters who were quite competitive until they ran out of steam.Parkinson and Parkin must be working hard to try and mould a team there and some of their kids looked quite good.
And their fans were tremendous given the circumstances and the summer that they've had.

I agree flares aside Bolton fans were very good and supported the young lads until the very end even after our 5th they were singing and encouraging.

The introduction of Pyke and Rathbone was the turning point.

Rathbone was a man possessed. His finest cameo in a Dale shirt I think he was superb.

This playing out from the back though is giving me sleepless nights!
Tonight's team on 09:30 - Aug 14 with 1067 viewsBigKindo

On checking their starting 11 it wasn't anywhere near their Youth Team. Only 4 were teenagers the other 7 being between 20 and 27 years old.
Tonight's team on 09:31 - Aug 14 with 1065 viewsdawlishdale

Can't add much to whats been said... some of our passing moves are excellent, and I think we had the 3 best players on the pitch in Williams, Camps and Dooley.

I agree that a half decent L1 team will take advantage of the over elaborate passing about at the back, but can see that against lesser opposition it opens up play once they press up. Two good tests coming up next...Shrewsbury look like they will be tough, and Sunderland will want to prove that they really are promotion candidates following a slow start.

Another bit of praise for Bolton and their supporters. Thought their kids did very well for an hour, and then, understandably, they tired, dropping deeper which allowed our midfield players too much space to run at them. They would be better if allowed to attack more. I was sat behind their bench, who kept telling them to drop back when they were 2-1 up. Strange.

Their fans were (apart from the idiots with flares) magnificent. Hope they can sort the takeover out and start to rebuild.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024