Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's team 12:32 - Aug 13 with 9516 viewsD_Alien

Will BBM make a few changes to the starting line-up from the first two games of the season, or will he fall foul of the (mooted) requirement to play his "best available team"?

I'm expecting a few changes

I'd like to see Magloire in action and Done replace Dooley at the very minimum. Also, if Rathbone was "touch and go" for last Saturday, he might be ready for tonight

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tonight's team on 21:10 - Aug 13 with 2671 viewsSuddenLad

Make that 3-2 to Dale....

Couple of quick goals from Pyke and then Camps.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 21:12]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Tonight's team on 21:14 - Aug 13 with 2596 viewsdingdangblue

Tonight's team on 21:08 - Aug 13 by Yorkshire_Dale

Panic stations?......subs on but Dooley is still on.

I'm not quite sure that BBM does panic.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tonight's team on 21:16 - Aug 13 with 2551 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Tonight's team on 21:10 - Aug 13 by SuddenLad

Make that 3-2 to Dale....

Couple of quick goals from Pyke and then Camps.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 21:12]

...with an assist from Dooley for Pyke. Inspired substitutions from BBM
Tonight's team on 21:17 - Aug 13 with 2534 viewsSuddenLad

4-2 Dale (Camps)
[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 21:19]

Tonight's team on 21:20 - Aug 13 with 2490 viewsDaleiLama

Quite the game it would seem!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Tonight's team on 21:30 - Aug 13 with 2362 viewsSuddenLad

5-2 now

Rathbone with the 5th.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 21:32]

Tonight's team on 21:31 - Aug 13 with 2348 viewsfitzochris

More pleasing is the reports from the ground of the football on display.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Tonight's team on 21:32 - Aug 13 with 2324 viewsJumeirahDale

Can't be many seasons we've started with 9 goals in 3 games.
Login to get fewer ads

Tonight's team on 21:33 - Aug 13 with 2293 viewsNigeriamark

Tonight's team on 21:31 - Aug 13 by fitzochris

Sounds like our worst player on Saturday is one of the best tonight. Dooley seems to have been involved in 3 or 4 of the goals.

Edit . Just named MOM
[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 21:37]
Tonight's team on 21:36 - Aug 13 with 2247 views_Windydale

Dooleys having a great game and putting some great wide crosses in.MOM.... good for him!
Tonight's team on 21:38 - Aug 13 with 2208 viewsSuddenLad

Finished. Dale win 5 - 2

Round 2 here we come....

Tonight's team on 21:39 - Aug 13 with 2191 viewsdingdangblue

What about the keeper though?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Tonight's team on 21:43 - Aug 13 with 2105 viewsfitzochris

Tonight's team on 21:39 - Aug 13 by dingdangblue

What about the keeper though?

A valid debate to be had about replacing Lillis season after season with loan keepers who make mistakes, I’m sure.

Tonight's team on 21:47 - Aug 13 with 2045 viewsrochdaleriddler

Tonight's team on 20:57 - Aug 13 by Sandymandy

Dooley is the quickest headless chicken I've ever seen.

Really

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Tonight's team on 21:48 - Aug 13 with 2028 viewsjonahwhereru

Tonight's team on 20:39 - Aug 13 by rochdaleriddler

Really good first half performance , play like that in second we should win easily

Riddler after 48 minutes you are a curse, by 86 minutes a quality pundit. Bet you never had a moments doubt.
Camps’s confidence must be at its highest level for years. Nice for Pyke to break his duck and for Rathbone to get some minutes.
Would be interested to hear how the loanee CB got one.
The feel good factor continues. UTD
Tonight's team on 21:49 - Aug 13 with 1995 viewsrochdaleriddler

MOM must have been difficult to pick , camps, and Williams played really well. Too much messing at the back for my liking. Good game again though

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Tonight's team on 21:51 - Aug 13 with 1966 viewsKnowlesy

Tonight's team on 21:43 - Aug 13 by fitzochris

A valid debate to be had about replacing Lillis season after season with loan keepers who make mistakes, I’m sure.

He slipped and took half the pitch with him. Don’t think we can be too harsh on him as that can happen to anyone at any time. Made a good save not long after to keep us in it.
Tonight's team on 21:53 - Aug 13 with 1902 viewsisitme

Indeed. We played a lot of lovely football. Camps' goal was a great finish. Lots of well worked goals, two against the bar and a goal mouth scramble. It could have been a lot more. Camps had a blinder. He is so much more effective in a more advanced role.

The only negative was the two awful goals we conceded. Keeper slipped for the first then Magloire getting caught in possession.
Tonight's team on 21:56 - Aug 13 with 1841 viewsdingdangblue

2nd round draw coming up tonight.

Tonight's team on 21:57 - Aug 13 with 1813 viewsfitzochris

Tonight's team on 21:51 - Aug 13 by Knowlesy

He slipped and took half the pitch with him. Don’t think we can be too harsh on him as that can happen to anyone at any time. Made a good save not long after to keep us in it.

I had a lot of messages after it happened, hence my post about the keeper debate after the match. If it’d cost us the game, I imagine it would be a lot more lively.

I’m in the camp of being mystified by the treatment of Lillis, but I’ll support whoever is in between the posts for us.

And, despite the result being like that video of Michael Owen ruining that 14-year-old keeper, I’m in celebratory mood.

Tonight's team on 22:05 - Aug 13 with 1693 viewsShun

Can only echo others’ comments in that I’m really encouraged by tonight and the great start to the season. It would’ve been easy to panic tonight, going behind twice to a Make A Wish team, but we remained calm and believed that our superior football would triumph, and triumph it did. Some marvellous passing on display tonight for the third game in a row.

Bolton played like the team of kids they are - eager to please but pretty limited, and fell to pieces when we applied some consistent pressure. Realistically we should’ve won that about 7-0. Camps was outstanding again. Pyke and Rathbone both excellent when they came on. Magloire, there’s something there but I’m not sure he’s ready yet.

5-2 and we play our bills. Bye, cheats.
Tonight's team on 22:09 - Aug 13 with 1648 views442Dale

Another worry irrespective of the goals is that Sanchez appeared to hurt his foot when clearing in the second half. Whatever happens with Lillis we need an experienced back-up for when there’s an injury/loss of form, tonight has illustrated we cannot ignore that situation. Quite why that can’t be Lillis is a strange one as he’s always responded in the past.

Some more impressive, progressive football tonight. There’s a clear difference in how many times our passes go forward when there’s an opportunity.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tonight's team on 22:09 - Aug 13 with 1643 viewsD_Alien

Well, that was worth a tenner of anyone's money in the Sandy, even if most of the action took place at my usual end

Couple of things from earlier posts - we can see that Magloire is a useful addition to the squad but O'Connell is the man for the job. Dooley had imo his best game in a Dale shirt and that should build his confidence, so full marks to BBM for getting the selection spot on, and providing a few answers to selection questions

Have to say, huge credit to the Bolton lads and their support, they provided an entertaining backdrop to our victory, with something for them to take forward too

Tonight's team on 22:11 - Aug 13 with 1618 viewsjudd

That pitch really did crumble under the keeper attempting to change direction.

Pre match the groundstaff were filling a large hole just in front of where Sanchez later slipped as their lad shot

Poll: What is it to be then?

Tonight's team on 22:27 - Aug 13 with 1435 viewsD_Alien

Tonight's team on 22:11 - Aug 13 by judd

That pitch really did crumble under the keeper attempting to change direction.

Pre match the groundstaff were filling a large hole just in front of where Sanchez later slipped as their lad shot

There's also a huge gash (yeah) to the surface a couple of feet to the right of the goal at the Sandy Lane end. A ball bouncing there could go in any direction

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024