Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fixture Board 17:18 - Aug 13 with 2223 viewsblackdogblue

Just talking to a guy about football & said on way to match tonight, he honestly said he looked at the board on his way home & still says Doncaster & thought it was next week!!

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Fixture Board on 17:24 - Aug 13 with 2187 viewsSuddenLad

Surprisingly, half way down Whitworth Road, near to Mizzy Road is an electronic street sign, used for advisory message, seat belts, speed limits and the like.

That sign was advertising the Dale v Bolton fixture this morning. Nice to see.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Fixture Board on 17:29 - Aug 13 with 2154 viewsD_Alien

Fixture Board on 17:24 - Aug 13 by SuddenLad

Surprisingly, half way down Whitworth Road, near to Mizzy Road is an electronic street sign, used for advisory message, seat belts, speed limits and the like.

That sign was advertising the Dale v Bolton fixture this morning. Nice to see.....

Similarly, the one on Halifax Rd near the junction with Red Lane yesterday

Advising about potential congestion due to the Bolton fixture, in view of the serious holdups along that stretch at the moment

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fixture Board on 17:30 - Aug 13 with 2147 viewsrochedale

One across from the library at small bridge head same message, never seen that before.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Fixture Board on 17:33 - Aug 13 with 2131 viewsblackdogblue

Fixture Board on 17:30 - Aug 13 by rochedale

One across from the library at small bridge head same message, never seen that before.

Get an electric one at the side of the Sandy then?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Fixture Board on 18:10 - Aug 14 with 1719 viewsaleanddale

The board needs to go full stop.

Something electronic that's a similar size to replace it that can be updated without a ladder remotely should be something the club looks at.

its 2019 and we do look stuck in 1978 with that board!

It would pay for itself in 12 months if used correctly for advertising.
Fixture Board on 18:42 - Aug 14 with 1662 viewsColDale

it was advertising the Bolton game from first thing Monday morning
Fixture Board on 21:10 - Aug 14 with 1457 viewstracedale82

Credit where it’s due, the board was advertising Dale v Sunderland when I drove past about 11am. Hopefully this will be seen more often this season.
Fixture Board on 21:13 - Aug 14 with 1447 views442Dale

Fixture Board on 21:10 - Aug 14 by tracedale82

Credit where it’s due, the board was advertising Dale v Sunderland when I drove past about 11am. Hopefully this will be seen more often this season.

We’d not be able to get down Sandy Lane for all the mugs if it is.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Fixture Board on 21:15 - Aug 14 with 1440 viewsjudd

Fixture Board on 21:10 - Aug 14 by tracedale82

But we'll only play them once won't we?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fixture Board on 21:18 - Aug 14 with 1423 viewstracedale82

Fixture Board on 21:15 - Aug 14 by judd

But we'll only play them once won't we?

Fixture Board on 21:42 - Aug 14 with 1370 viewsjudd

In all seriousness it is great that the club utilise an antiquated relic to advertise games and it is relatively up to date in line with promises made to the Trust, and that we have someone so prepared to monitor and report on when it is displaying our next home opponents. But it is a bit shit and far too much hitting the club with it goes on. I'll bet it has never, ever generated 1 ticket sale. Even to a local Oldham fan. Who wasn't one.
It should reside with the retired tyres and pallets stored in a sterile area adjacent opposing fans.

Fixture Board on 21:57 - Aug 14 with 1327 viewsD_Alien

Fixture Board on 21:42 - Aug 14 by judd

In all seriousness it is great that the club utilise an antiquated relic to advertise games and it is relatively up to date in line with promises made to the Trust, and that we have someone so prepared to monitor and report on when it is displaying our next home opponents. But it is a bit shit and far too much hitting the club with it goes on. I'll bet it has never, ever generated 1 ticket sale. Even to a local Oldham fan. Who wasn't one.
It should reside with the retired tyres and pallets stored in a sterile area adjacent opposing fans.

"...the club utilise an antiquated relic to advertise games..."

Isn't that a bit mean on Frances?

Fixture Board on 22:07 - Aug 14 with 1297 viewsjudd

Fixture Board on 21:57 - Aug 14 by D_Alien

"...the club utilise an antiquated relic to advertise games..."

Isn't that a bit mean on Frances?

I'm not sure that public displays of who are our opponents playing away fall under her .

Fixture Board on 22:50 - Aug 14 with 1229 viewsD_Alien

Fixture Board on 22:07 - Aug 14 by judd

I'm not sure that public displays of who are our opponents playing away fall under her .

I'm sure you're right. Time to move into the digital era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024