Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Optimistic 21:49 - Aug 13 with 2809 viewsKnowlesy

Despite conceding two and going behind twice, I think tonight was a big test of our character and ability to play this new system under pressure. We stuck to our guns and it paid off as we had far too much for them in the end, despite a battling performance for most of the game from them. Their two goals were a direct result of a slip and a moment of madness.

In the two games I’ve seen so far the biggest positive has been Camps. He has been like a new signing and is finally looking like he might fulfil that potential. I think he will be class for us this season.

Unfortunately for me, and I know it was on only his first game, but Magloire looks miles off to me. Yes he is quick but he isn’t confident on the ball and doesn’t fit in with the style of play we are promoting this season. On tonight’s evidence he would cost us goals this season and o’connell needs to play when he’s fit. A tad worrying for me that he wasn’t in the squad today.
Optimistic on 21:56 - Aug 13 with 2705 viewsisitme

Agree about Camps. Disagree about Magloire, who apart from his moment of madness looked very comfortable on the ball and his pace could be invaluable. I suppose that's the good thing about football, it's all about opinions.
Optimistic on 22:16 - Aug 13 with 2564 viewsleedsdale

Don’t think it’s a worry about O’Connell. He hasn’t had a preseason really so it was a good chance to rest him
Optimistic on 22:17 - Aug 13 with 2542 viewsjudd

Camps and Dooley shone tonight but the impetus brought by Rathbone and Pyke for me turned the game.
Pyke looked most likely to score 1st half Saturday and his header tonight was sublime.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Optimistic on 23:33 - Aug 13 with 2266 viewsSandyman

Optimistic on 22:17 - Aug 13 by judd

Camps and Dooley shone tonight but the impetus brought by Rathbone and Pyke for me turned the game.
Pyke looked most likely to score 1st half Saturday and his header tonight was sublime.

MJ and Morley shone as well. Again. Nice to watch. Well done BBM.
Blackburn lad very quick but was a bit "rabbit in headlights" under pressure. Experience will sort that out.
Optimistic on 00:24 - Aug 14 with 2120 viewsrochdale_ranger

We are going into the unknown as to whether or not we are actually decent or shit after two seasons of bland sideways football, players underperforming and generally being demoralised. We were very good against tranmere and were ok against Donny. I expected a win tonight but I think we will have a better picture after the Shrewsbury and Sunderland game.
Optimistic on 07:49 - Aug 14 with 1840 viewsEllDale

I was thinking the same about Pyke.
Having rewatched the highlights from last Saturday he could have easily have had two goals in the first half against Doncaster given a little bit of luck.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024