Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biffo Bovver 19:42 - Aug 22 with 804 viewsmikehunt

Sorry I asked now but this was the response I got when I asked an Oldham supporting mate about how Oldham we’re getting on this season:

“I’ve watched the Latics twice this season and at the moment I can see us heading towards non-league. Really poor football, load of French non-league players, coach who coaches but can’t pick the team as that’s the owners job. Coach also French with no experience of league 2. Don’t own the ground or stands. Only just managed to open the new stand as there is a big fight going on between the owner and the so called fans lead group. No hospitality in the new stand, toilets ripped of the walls and no kiosks opening for refreshemnts. 1500 less season ticket holders and 1000 down on gates. Its an absolute shambles. Protests to get the owner out etc.
Think they will end up in exactly the same situation as Bury having said that perhaps the owner has realised this and that’s why we are playing with a load of non-league French lads: cant be paying them too much. Football is in ruins I’m afraid. Something needs to be done and fast for lower league football in general. I feel sorry for Bolton and Bury I really do but come the end of this season I have a feeling there will be a lot more clubs perilously close to going out of business.

Hope I’m wrong about the latics but I can’t see any positives at all !!!!! “

I was quite shocked by this. Does this show that these shenanigans really are endemic in football?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Biffo Bovver on 20:06 - Aug 22 with 694 viewsSuddenLad

It shows that living beyond your means and ignoring the signs is a one-way ticket to disaster. No amount of changing managers will prevent that.

When you have an owner picking the team, it's time to save money by dispensing with the position of manager altogether and save the money.

Then get ready for the consequences.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Biffo Bovver on 20:09 - Aug 22 with 673 viewsAncoats_Blue

Oldham haven’t struck me as a side that splashes the cash. 16 years in league one evidence of stinginess. I might be wrong but I think their problems stem from not owning their ground and a lack of saleable player assets over the last 5-10 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024