Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? 12:37 - Aug 26 with 3435 viewsD_Dale

Presumably it would be the case that the 5-2 FL Cup win stands?

But the four clubs who have taken league points from Bolton will lose them?

At the end of the season, three clubs will be relegated into L2 (two if bury also fold)?

What about the FL (Leasing) Trophy, in which Dale are due to play Bolton on 1st October?
Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 13:13 - Aug 26 with 3325 viewsscarrow

If bolton fol
the 5-2 will cease to exist
The points earned by other teams will be wiped
the other cup game wont happen

Poll: Final position

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 13:20 - Aug 26 with 3292 viewsTVOS1907

Given that we're playing in round two tomorrow night, Bolton's possible demise has no effect on that competition.

The Leasing.com Trophy will become a three team group.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 13:48 - Aug 26 with 3200 viewsdale1968

Matey FM will be gutted as they will have to give other clubs in the area a look in

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 13:53 - Aug 26 with 3183 viewsrochdaleriddler

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 13:48 - Aug 26 by dale1968

Matey FM will be gutted as they will have to give other clubs in the area a look in

They will probably cancel the football programme

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 14:56 - Aug 26 with 3032 viewsEllDale

The teams with most to lose here are Wycombe, Tranmere and Ipswich if their results are expunged.
Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 15:29 - Aug 26 with 2960 viewsD_Dale

Is it too fussy to suggest that Dale could be slightly disadvantaged in the leasing.com trophy?

Dale would play Man City U21 at home (next week) and Bradford away. Bradford's other match would be at home to Man City U21 - they'd not be playing in Bolton on 3 Sept, thus enjoying home ground advantage in both their matches.

On the other hand, I suppose if two of the three clubs in the group go through to round 2, that might work in Dale's favour.

All this of course assumes that Bolton won't pull off a last-minute escape from liquidation.
Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 15:54 - Aug 26 with 2876 views49thseason

They had a couple of forwards that would not be out of place in our squad if they were to become available.
Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:06 - Aug 26 with 2830 viewsTVOS1907

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 15:29 - Aug 26 by D_Dale

Is it too fussy to suggest that Dale could be slightly disadvantaged in the leasing.com trophy?

Dale would play Man City U21 at home (next week) and Bradford away. Bradford's other match would be at home to Man City U21 - they'd not be playing in Bolton on 3 Sept, thus enjoying home ground advantage in both their matches.

On the other hand, I suppose if two of the three clubs in the group go through to round 2, that might work in Dale's favour.

All this of course assumes that Bolton won't pull off a last-minute escape from liquidation.

I’m not sure it matters that much in the grand scheme of the season.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:23 - Aug 26 with 2786 viewssoulboy

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 13:53 - Aug 26 by rochdaleriddler

They will probably cancel the football programme

Will be interesting to see how they will justify having Bolton v Wythenshawe Town or Irlam as their commentary game.
Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:24 - Aug 26 with 2782 viewsSuddenLad

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:23 - Aug 26 by soulboy

Will be interesting to see how they will justify having Bolton v Wythenshawe Town or Irlam as their commentary game.

or Bury ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:25 - Aug 26 with 2777 viewsSandyman

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:23 - Aug 26 by soulboy

It'll be the headline game of course. Home or away. Complete with Jack Dearden and Alan Gowling.
Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:26 - Aug 26 with 2772 viewssoulboy

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:24 - Aug 26 by SuddenLad

or Bury ??

Yes, Sudden, a real clash of the giants.
Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:36 - Aug 26 with 2731 viewsfinberty

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:25 - Aug 26 by Sandyman

It'll be the headline game of course. Home or away. Complete with Jack Dearden and Alan Gowling.

Who could ask for more?

The dream team.

What do you think Alan Gowling?
Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:40 - Aug 26 with 2723 viewsEllDale

More like a wet dream team.
Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:46 - Aug 26 with 2703 viewsSuddenLad

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:26 - Aug 26 by soulboy

Yes, Sudden, a real clash of the giants.

El Brassico

Trotters v Shakers. Bring it on.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 17:20 - Aug 26 with 2586 viewsShun

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 15:54 - Aug 26 by 49thseason

They had a couple of forwards that would not be out of place in our squad if they were to become available.

Did they? The morale-sapping conditions and lack of match practice aside, I wasn’t impressed with any of them. Only a few of them were actually kids and I didn’t see anything in them that, say, Gilliam couldn’t offer. I’d prefer us to focus on our own youth players.
Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 17:43 - Aug 26 with 2534 viewselectricblue

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 16:25 - Aug 26 by Sandyman

Isnt it about time those two hung up their mics and headphones and retired....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 18:13 - Aug 26 with 2456 views49thseason

Impact of Bolton folding on Dale? on 17:20 - Aug 26 by Shun

Did they? The morale-sapping conditions and lack of match practice aside, I wasn’t impressed with any of them. Only a few of them were actually kids and I didn’t see anything in them that, say, Gilliam couldn’t offer. I’d prefer us to focus on our own youth players.

I thought Politic and Darcy played really well in the circumstances , they would fit in on our bench with no trouble and may be looking for a club by the middle of the week. Producing players is what we do, why shouldnt we pick up a few more if the circumstances arise ? We have a good academy and a reputation for bringing kids through, why wouldnt we offer a couple more the opportunity?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024