Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great To See Morley... 10:37 - Aug 28 with 2661 viewsCleedale

...scoring another goal last night; bring it on!

He's obviously getting game time now and perhaps so he should be - 20 early next year.

How far do others see him going in the game?
Great To See Morley... on 10:47 - Aug 28 with 2622 viewsSaxonDale

I’ve only seen him in parts (most recently at Charlton last year) but there’s a clear player there. What struck me against Charlton was the faith his teammates had in him. His passing wasn’t always accurate but he still always showed for the ball and received it probably more than anyone on the pitch. The defensive side of his game clearly needed a bit of work on (can’t comment on whether this has improved) but that should also come with experience of playing men’s football. He looks a proper footballer though (pretty sure Hendo said he’s technically the strongest in the squad) and BBM has got a style that proper footballers will enjoy playing in- I’d have loved to have seen Adshead in this system.
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:47 - Aug 28 with 2622 viewsSaxonDale

Great To See Morley... on 11:10 - Aug 28 with 2548 viewsdingdangblue

Great To See Morley... on 10:47 - Aug 28 by SaxonDale

I’ve only seen him in parts (most recently at Charlton last year) but there’s a clear player there. What struck me against Charlton was the faith his teammates had in him. His passing wasn’t always accurate but he still always showed for the ball and received it probably more than anyone on the pitch. The defensive side of his game clearly needed a bit of work on (can’t comment on whether this has improved) but that should also come with experience of playing men’s football. He looks a proper footballer though (pretty sure Hendo said he’s technically the strongest in the squad) and BBM has got a style that proper footballers will enjoy playing in- I’d have loved to have seen Adshead in this system.

Personally from seeing Adshead and Morley both play I'd rate Morley as the better player.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Great To See Morley... on 11:15 - Aug 28 with 2522 viewsD_Alien

Great To See Morley... on 11:10 - Aug 28 by dingdangblue

Personally from seeing Adshead and Morley both play I'd rate Morley as the better player.

Adshead's gone, and i agree. Morley now has the opportunity to develop to his full potential. Having two teenagers in midfield would've probably been a step too far; it was one or the other, and i reckon Morley has the greater potential

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Great To See Morley... on 11:18 - Aug 28 with 2514 views49thseason

Great To See Morley... on 11:10 - Aug 28 by dingdangblue

Played really well last night. I think the lad has a serious career in front of him, he has all the attributes, size, touch, vision and an eye for goal. He is 2 or 3 years older than Adshead so the comparison isnt really fair but I think he has already cemented his place in the side and will now go from strength to strength and will cost someone a lot of money to take him away.
Great To See Morley... on 11:19 - Aug 28 with 2509 viewsboromat

Think they're both quite different. Morley has always had some strength about him making it easier to transition into the men's game. Adshead was still pretty light weight and it'll be interesting to see how he progresses as he bulks up a bit. Both great prospects in my eyes.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Great To See Morley... on 11:57 - Aug 28 with 2402 viewsdingdangblue

Great To See Morley... on 11:18 - Aug 28 by 49thseason

Played really well last night. I think the lad has a serious career in front of him, he has all the attributes, size, touch, vision and an eye for goal. He is 2 or 3 years older than Adshead so the comparison isnt really fair but I think he has already cemented his place in the side and will now go from strength to strength and will cost someone a lot of money to take him away.

I was more impressed with Morley even at Adsheads age. That debut v Southend 3 years ago was impressive - just upset he wasn't given a chance sooner. Guess we are reaping the rewards now though - he is more than making up for lost time.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Great To See Morley... on 12:00 - Aug 28 with 2393 viewsdawlishdale

I genuinely don't think Hill knew how good Morley was...otherwise he'd probably have sold him.
Login to get fewer ads

Great To See Morley... on 12:04 - Aug 28 with 2379 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It's like having a new player at the Club,and a good player at that......the lad has acquired all the attributes to be a great attacking midfielder with goals attached.....
Great To See Morley... on 12:10 - Aug 28 with 2358 viewsboromat

Great To See Morley... on 12:00 - Aug 28 by dawlishdale

I genuinely don't think Hill knew how good Morley was...otherwise he'd probably have sold him.

I think he did otherwise he wouldn't have given him the chance at 17, given him a long contract and talked him up in the media.

Going off camps interview the other day and a few by Hill and BBM it sounds to me that Morley has lacked confidence in the past and maybe still does a little bit. He's obviously been working very hard over the last 2 years to develop behind the scenes in the 'bounce' games. This is obviously the way the club is now going with the integration squad. Should imagine Tavares, Wade, Hooper etc will all play tonight.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Great To See Morley... on 12:27 - Aug 28 with 2314 viewsDaleFan7

I think Morley has great potential. I think where he is at the moment, he's further forward/better than what Allen and Camps were at this point in their development.
Great To See Morley... on 12:33 - Aug 28 with 2288 viewsaleanddale

Morley can go a long way.

He oozes class. The best I have seen at Dale I recon at his age in that position.

If he was a centre forward he would be a prized asset.

What a start to this season he is having sensational last night.
Great To See Morley... on 15:06 - Aug 28 with 2091 viewselectricblue

Great To See Morley... on 11:18 - Aug 28 by 49thseason

"A lot of money"
Surely you dont mean more than the usual £300k....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Great To See Morley... on 16:06 - Aug 28 with 2005 views49thseason

Great To See Morley... on 15:06 - Aug 28 by electricblue

"A lot of money"
Surely you dont mean more than the usual £300k....

Yes, I do actually. Fortunately, I think there are others who are further forward in the "for sale" stakes at the moment, O'Connell for one and possibly Matheson if only because of his early arrival in the first team.
Great To See Morley... on 16:35 - Aug 28 with 1953 views442Dale

Great To See Morley... on 12:33 - Aug 28 by aleanddale

Morley can go a long way.

He oozes class. The best I have seen at Dale I recon at his age in that position.

If he was a centre forward he would be a prized asset.

What a start to this season he is having sensational last night.

He’s playing well but Jamie Allen was impacting the team much more at the same stage in that role.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Great To See Morley... on 16:47 - Aug 28 with 1920 viewsdingdangblue

Great To See Morley... on 16:06 - Aug 28 by 49thseason

Yes, I do actually. Fortunately, I think there are others who are further forward in the "for sale" stakes at the moment, O'Connell for one and possibly Matheson if only because of his early arrival in the first team.

The worry would be someone getting Matheson on the cheap - at 16 he wont even have a proper contract yet.

Great To See Morley... on 16:56 - Aug 28 with 1893 viewsDale23years

Great To See Morley... on 16:47 - Aug 28 by dingdangblue

The worry would be someone getting Matheson on the cheap - at 16 he wont even have a proper contract yet.

Hopefully he's signed a pre contract agreement with the club sure Adshead did this as well.

Where's your nephew playing these days is he still at Wolves??

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Great To See Morley... on 17:40 - Aug 28 with 1812 viewsdingdangblue

Great To See Morley... on 16:56 - Aug 28 by Dale23years

Hopefully he's signed a pre contract agreement with the club sure Adshead did this as well.

Where's your nephew playing these days is he still at Wolves??

He's still contracted at Wolves yes, got a new 2 year deal, he's currently been loaned out to a Slovakian team. He scored in the Europa League qualifiers last month and he's playing regularly which is the main thing. Broke a rib last week though so he's out for a while now. He's also a regular now for the Eire U21's.

Great To See Morley... on 17:41 - Aug 28 with 1810 viewselectricblue

Great To See Morley... on 16:47 - Aug 28 by dingdangblue

Need to tie him down to a long term deal then.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024