Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend - Travel Issues 15:36 - Aug 28 with 1220 viewsjonahwhereru

Just been along Victoria Avenue the main artery past the ground and there are road works through onto the A127 out of town. I can’t get any info of ir it will be cleared for the weekend
It’s a bugger to get out off at the best of times. So my tips to avoid frustration less than 2 miles from the ground and to use the back roads to get out are below.

Inward:
Exit the A127 to the right onto Hoblethick Lane at the Bell Pub crossroads.
At the lights in Hoblethick Lane turn left onto Prittlewell Chase
If you are early enough to park down there then great, better still follow it down to Fairfax Drive, where the away end is, then swing up onto the other side of Prittlewell Chase
Another option is to park in the high school, post code SS0 0RG. Know idea on the cost

Downside is that I think the Blue Boar is the away fans pub and that is the end of the ground.

Outward

Avoid Victoria Avenue
Get on Prittlewell Chase.
Turn first right onto Hoblethick Lane
First left onto Carlingford Drive
First right onto Lavender Grove
First Left onto Carlton Avenue
First right onto Colmans Avenue

That leads straight onto the A127

The weather looks set fair and the sun should not get low enough to cause any issues.

Haven’t seen that Southend have sacked Bond as yet. Which is good for him and probably for us. I hate it when clubs bounce against us when they have a changed manager.

Anyway have a safe journey and see you on Saturday. Let’s hope for the same result as last year.

Ping me if you want any more info.

[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 16:57]
Southend - Travel Issues on 13:33 - Aug 30 with 934 viewsjonahwhereru

The road works around Southend Victoria Avenue are now clear.

The above details are still the quickest for access to and from the ground.

Sorts, cap and Dale shirt weather tomorrow.
Southend - Travel Issues on 16:26 - Aug 30 with 842 viewsAncoats_Blue

Cheers. First time i’ll Drive to Southend tomorrow. Only got the train before. What is parking like near the ground?
Southend - Travel Issues on 16:57 - Aug 30 with 806 viewsjonahwhereru

Southend - Travel Issues on 16:26 - Aug 30 by Ancoats_Blue

Cheers. First time i’ll Drive to Southend tomorrow. Only got the train before. What is parking like near the ground?

Ancoats,it is pretty competitive. The surrounding streets are rammed at the best of times as the majority of houses do not have any off street parking. Which is why I recommend Prittlewell Chase. But that is not lost on the locals either, so again An early arrival will help.
The St Anne’s road area may be a shout. To get there you would need to take Sutton Road, east street, then turn right by the Railway pub / entrance to Prittlewell station.

The area is safe enough, so no worry that you alloys will go missing.

Have a safe journey.
Southend - Travel Issues on 17:56 - Aug 30 with 751 viewsAncoats_Blue

Southend - Travel Issues on 16:57 - Aug 30 by jonahwhereru

Ancoats,it is pretty competitive. The surrounding streets are rammed at the best of times as the majority of houses do not have any off street parking. Which is why I recommend Prittlewell Chase. But that is not lost on the locals either, so again An early arrival will help.
The St Anne’s road area may be a shout. To get there you would need to take Sutton Road, east street, then turn right by the Railway pub / entrance to Prittlewell station.

The area is safe enough, so no worry that you alloys will go missing.

Have a safe journey.

Sorry I’ve just realised you did mention parking on your first post! My fault for skim reading. Cheers for the heads up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024