Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Cricket is booming' 20:12 - Aug 29 with 2326 viewsisitme

'Cricket is booming,' Gould said after the rush of ticket sales has seen the fifth Test sold-out and sell-out crowds for both T20 matches at the ground this week.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-7404195/Ashes-2019-Oval-stoked
'Cricket is booming' on 15:30 - Aug 30 with 2135 viewsTVOS1907

Impossible!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

'Cricket is booming' on 15:55 - Aug 30 with 2113 viewsDaley_Lama

'Cricket is booming' on 15:30 - Aug 30 by TVOS1907

Impossible!

Lancs have opened the party stand (aka the permanent temporary stand) for tonight’s final group T20 match.

The crowd last Monday was the biggest non Roses crowd ever.

Might be partly because Lancs doing well but definitely a cricket feel good factor at the moment.

Poll: DF in or out

'Cricket is booming' on 15:58 - Aug 30 with 2099 viewsisitme

'Cricket is booming' on 15:55 - Aug 30 by Daley_Lama

Lancs have opened the party stand (aka the permanent temporary stand) for tonight’s final group T20 match.

The crowd last Monday was the biggest non Roses crowd ever.

Might be partly because Lancs doing well but definitely a cricket feel good factor at the moment.

Attendances have been good at Old Trafford in the T20 this season. Some thoughtful pricing and scheduling have helped, although it was a shame that the Yorkshire game was rained off.
'Cricket is booming' on 16:04 - Aug 30 with 2089 viewsTVOS1907

'Cricket is booming' on 15:58 - Aug 30 by isitme

Attendances have been good at Old Trafford in the T20 this season. Some thoughtful pricing and scheduling have helped, although it was a shame that the Yorkshire game was rained off.

And that's even with games being shown on that nasty Sky Sports.

'Cricket is booming' on 16:04 - Aug 30 with 2086 viewsfitzochris

'Cricket is booming' on 15:58 - Aug 30 by isitme

That was a huge shame, especially given the excitement of the Headingley game.

T20 is generally more spectator-friendly in terms of duration and start times, too. Lancashire have really capitalised on that with their pricing.

Getting people to County Championship games is an age-old problem due to when they tend to be played, and it seems the ECB has given up on it somewhat, especially looking at next season’s schedule, but there is no denying that there is a real appetite for the game at the minute.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

'Cricket is booming' on 16:09 - Aug 30 with 2073 viewsisitme

'Cricket is booming' on 16:04 - Aug 30 by TVOS1907

And that's even with games being shown on that nasty Sky Sports.

I'm sure the BBC would clear The One Show, Gardern Rescue, Eastenders, A Question of Sport, Hold The Sunset and Would I Lie to You from their schedules to fit in a game from the final round of the group stages of the T20 or ITV might be prepared to not show Emmerdale, Coronation Street, Rescue, Coronation Street (again) and Lethal Weapon?
'Cricket is booming' on 16:13 - Aug 30 with 2061 viewsDaley_Lama

I thought there was poor in handling the Yorkshire game myself.

It absolutely teamed it down but by 18:55 it had stopped and there was only the odd wispy cloud in the sky.

Not a thing was done between 18:55 and 19:30 when the game was called off.

I am not saying that any kind of game could have been manufactured, more that nothing was done for 35 minutes before the inevitable calling off of the game.

We left at 19:20 as we could tell what was going on, but there were thousands and thousands of people spending money on food and beer who were hopeful of some kind of play.

My personal view was that they could have called it off earlier but did not for revenue reasons.

Pricing has indeed been very good, £1 for kids, varying adult prices (£8 Monday, £5 tonight) but one small further gripe.

If you buy 1 adult and child (£5 + £1) online it costs you £9

£5+£1 booking fee
£1+£1 booking fee
£1 Delivery fee

The £1 delivery fee is for you to download and print out your own tickets.

'Cricket is booming' on 16:16 - Aug 30 with 2056 viewsfitzochris

'Cricket is booming' on 16:13 - Aug 30 by Daley_Lama

I thought there was poor in handling the Yorkshire game myself.

It absolutely teamed it down but by 18:55 it had stopped and there was only the odd wispy cloud in the sky.

Not a thing was done between 18:55 and 19:30 when the game was called off.

I am not saying that any kind of game could have been manufactured, more that nothing was done for 35 minutes before the inevitable calling off of the game.

We left at 19:20 as we could tell what was going on, but there were thousands and thousands of people spending money on food and beer who were hopeful of some kind of play.

My personal view was that they could have called it off earlier but did not for revenue reasons.

Pricing has indeed been very good, £1 for kids, varying adult prices (£8 Monday, £5 tonight) but one small further gripe.

If you buy 1 adult and child (£5 + £1) online it costs you £9

£5+£1 booking fee
£1+£1 booking fee
£1 Delivery fee

The £1 delivery fee is for you to download and print out your own tickets.

The club has no say in if and when the game is called off, though.

I agree Lancs refund policy could be better. I had to get a refund from them and it was something like a 28-day wait.

Login to get fewer ads

'Cricket is booming' on 16:16 - Aug 30 with 2053 viewsTVOS1907

'Cricket is booming' on 16:16 - Aug 30 by fitzochris

I agree Lancs refund policy could be better. I had to get a refund from them and it was something like a 28-day wait.

Well you do live in another country, tbf.

'Cricket is booming' on 16:19 - Aug 30 with 2046 viewsfitzochris

'Cricket is booming' on 16:16 - Aug 30 by TVOS1907

Well you do live in another country, tbf.

Arf. Yes, the stagecoach they sent my refund on did have a little trouble at the border.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 16:19]

'Cricket is booming' on 16:24 - Aug 30 with 2014 viewsDaley_Lama

'Cricket is booming' on 16:16 - Aug 30 by fitzochris

Agree the club has no input in calling the game off (Umpires call).

Around 18:50 either the club or the umpires made the decision that nothing was going to be done and the game was not going to happen.

Both parties would have known this and an early decision should and could have been made. It wasn't I believe for the reason I gave, revenue.

Still waiting for my refund for that game.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024