Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man U tickets 21:11 - Sep 2 with 42471 viewsdingdangblue

On sale tomorrow.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/september/ticket-news--manchester-united
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 21:13]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Man U tickets on 22:23 - Sep 2 with 3647 viewsdingdangblue

Man U tickets on 21:30 - Sep 2 by 442Dale

Which won’t happen. But even if it did we’d get more tickets then.

If we take 6000 at those prices it would be a very good turnout.

You dont think we will take 6000?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Man U tickets on 22:27 - Sep 2 with 3600 viewsMolly

Man U tickets on 21:24 - Sep 2 by DevonDale

I agree - if all season ticket holders take up their 3 tickets, then pretty much the full initial allocation would be sold before going on general sale.

From the official site---

ALLOCATION

We have received an allocation of just under 8000 tickets. Should these have sold out on or before close of play on Saturday 14th September, then it has been agreed with Manchester United that we will receive a further allocation of tickets.
Man U tickets on 22:32 - Sep 2 with 3568 views442Dale

Man U tickets on 22:23 - Sep 2 by dingdangblue

You dont think we will take 6000?

I think that’ll be a good following with the prices as they are. Can only go off the reaction of possible floating fans so far and a few people who’ve mentioned that £37 is far too much for them.

Who knows.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Man U tickets on 22:42 - Sep 2 with 3502 viewsjudd

Man U tickets on 22:32 - Sep 2 by 442Dale

I think that’ll be a good following with the prices as they are. Can only go off the reaction of possible floating fans so far and a few people who’ve mentioned that £37 is far too much for them.

Who knows.

I hope we sell 10,000 but like 442Dale I have heard first hand a number of fans bemoaning the price having just paid out for school holidays and new uniforms etc.

We have a different fan base to premier league clubs.

I'm sure the club did it's best to drive Manu pricing down.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Man U tickets on 22:55 - Sep 2 with 3459 viewsSuddenLad

Man U tickets on 22:42 - Sep 2 by judd

I hope we sell 10,000 but like 442Dale I have heard first hand a number of fans bemoaning the price having just paid out for school holidays and new uniforms etc.

As ever, those that set the prices, never have to pay them. Prawn sandwiches are extra for us.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Man U tickets on 23:14 - Sep 2 with 3404 viewsdingdangblue

Man U tickets on 22:42 - Sep 2 by judd

Mind you, compared to new school shoes those Man U tickets look rather cheap!

Man U tickets on 06:36 - Sep 3 with 3245 viewsAncoats_Blue

I’ll bump a comment I put on the other thread. I’ve no issue with the pricing policy but it’s clear a number of people do.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I've read and heard several fans claim that our club has inflated the ticket price for Dale fans and engineering a way to charge us more than Utd fans.

I understand that's bollocks in the same way that there are Utd home tickets at the same price as ours just like Dale's pricing structure means that our Main Stand prices = the away stand but the Sandy & Pearl Street are cheaper.

However, I do think it's worth the Trust putting some pressure on the club to make a statement about this to avoid any more false negativity and misguided ill-will directed at the club leading up the game.

Maybe the club can do some rough maths and show that selling the away end out will generate £X for the club to invest in our future.

I get the tickets are expensive and out of some fan's price range but in reality we all know that there'll be a mad rush to get to this game. Several sick days pulled, shifts swapped around and overdrafts dipped into. This is a once in a decade type of game for us and surely the sort of fixture that we dream for as a supporter of a lower league club?
Man U tickets on 06:55 - Sep 3 with 3223 viewsAncoats_Blue

Man U tickets on 21:30 - Sep 2 by 442Dale

Which won’t happen. But even if it did we’d get more tickets then.

If we take 6000 at those prices it would be a very good turnout.

We took around 6000 to Spurs (Wembley). Although the match tickets were cheaper given the distance involved this meant a much higher cost for transport, food, drink etc. The group I went with all stayed in london.

So for Spurs I reckon I spent at least ...

match ticket £15
Travel £50 fuel / 4 = £12.50
Parking £8 / 4 = £2
Hotel £100
Food & drink £60

I’m not self employed so not lost any money by taking 2 days off, I know people that will have

Feasibly those of you living in Rochdale could attend and travel to the game and spend not a penny more.
Ticket £37
Public transport ~£8

On that basis it’s already cheaper than Spurs. If we don’t sell this out i’ll be shocked.

Also, factor in the Spurs replay was televised and occurred during the worst winter in living memory. We still took thousands to London mid week. The worst we’ll see in Manchester in September is a bit of rain.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 9:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Man U tickets on 09:00 - Sep 3 with 3004 viewsBobsAdaley

I think it’s relatively clear, but if you have a question for the trust we are always open, info@daletrust.co.uk. With your question and we will get a clarification
Man U tickets on 09:25 - Sep 3 with 2945 views442Dale

Man U tickets on 09:00 - Sep 3 by BobsAdaley

I think it’s relatively clear, but if you have a question for the trust we are always open, info@daletrust.co.uk. With your question and we will get a clarification

Please could you give clarification around the exact process raising issues with the Trust, including where answers will appear to questions that might affect/interest all supporters.

As part of this, as there has been a response in this thread, could there be further clarication in terms of a response to the question asked in the ‘Trust Quiz Night’ thread where it was asked whether the Trust will address concerns raised via this messageboard as part of that agreed process.

Thank you.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 9:27]

Man U tickets on 09:46 - Sep 3 with 2892 viewsTVOS1907

Man U tickets on 09:00 - Sep 3 by BobsAdaley

Or answers could just be provided on here, as has been done over other issues.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Man U tickets on 10:31 - Sep 3 with 2798 viewsNafelad

Man U season ticket holders pay a lot less for their ticket, so I have a question - if a Dale senior season ticket holder buys 3 senior concession tickets , is there any check made that two of them will be used by over 65 year olds?

Topcat

Man U tickets on 11:35 - Sep 3 with 2652 viewsD_Alien

Man U tickets on 10:31 - Sep 3 by Nafelad

Man U season ticket holders pay a lot less for their ticket, so I have a question - if a Dale senior season ticket holder buys 3 senior concession tickets , is there any check made that two of them will be used by over 65 year olds?

I raised this question on another thread, but no answer so i've phoned the club ticket 'hotline' and been assured that no proof of concessionary age is required when purchasing on behalf of someone else

I'm not going to comment on the potential implications. It's possible i suppose that proof might be required at the turnstile

[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 11:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Man U tickets on 12:20 - Sep 3 with 2505 viewsBuckTheTrend

What is the age threshold for Senior Concessions please??
Man U tickets on 12:25 - Sep 3 with 2479 viewsD_Alien

Man U tickets on 12:20 - Sep 3 by BuckTheTrend

What is the age threshold for Senior Concessions please??

Man U tickets on 13:12 - Sep 3 with 2315 viewspioneer

Man U tickets on 10:31 - Sep 3 by Nafelad

Wonder what the reaction would be on here if other clubs fans tried to pull that one on us when they visit Spotland.
Man U tickets on 13:21 - Sep 3 with 2275 viewsNafelad

If proof of age is required at the turnstile, what happens if you haven't got any? Wouldn't the club need to inform people in advance that proof of age will need to be shown, if using a concession ticket?

Topcat

Man U tickets on 13:21 - Sep 3 with 2274 viewsD_Alien

Man U tickets on 13:12 - Sep 3 by pioneer

Wonder what the reaction would be on here if other clubs fans tried to pull that one on us when they visit Spotland.

I'd hope there'd be checks at the ground, i.e. if someone using a concessionary ticket intended for 65s-and-over looked like they were clearly below that age

Couple of things though. I'm happy with the club not requiring ST-holders having to provide proof of age for additional tickets since it'd be difficult to obtain, requiring a journey to collect (and even then, is that really proof unless they're there in person?)

Modern turnstiles (i.e. not Dale's) are often automated so there's no human being checking the veracity of those using concessionary tickets

I don't know what the answer is, but relying on people's honesty is probably unwise

Man U tickets on 13:29 - Sep 3 with 2225 viewsNafelad

I think that, with such a price differential (£37 v £22), there is a greater probability that 'older people' would use a concessionary ticket, especially as the turnstile check is electronic.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 13:30]

Topcat

Man U tickets on 13:29 - Sep 3 with 2225 viewsSuddenLad

Man U tickets on 13:21 - Sep 3 by D_Alien

I'd hope there'd be checks at the ground, i.e. if someone using a concessionary ticket intended for 65s-and-over looked like they were clearly below that age

Couple of things though. I'm happy with the club not requiring ST-holders having to provide proof of age for additional tickets since it'd be difficult to obtain, requiring a journey to collect (and even then, is that really proof unless they're there in person?)

Modern turnstiles (i.e. not Dale's) are often automated so there's no human being checking the veracity of those using concessionary tickets

I don't know what the answer is, but relying on people's honesty is probably unwise

It's much too difficult to enforce, due to time and manpower considerations at the point of entry to the ground and consequent congestion caused as a result.

Any checking should/could only be realistically done at the point of purchase.

Man U tickets on 13:33 - Sep 3 with 2198 viewsdale_spotland

Man U tickets on 13:21 - Sep 3 by D_Alien

I know some clubs have stewards in a position where they can see the turnstiles, and for the different age brackets, a different coloured light flashes, alerting the stewards who to expect through.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Man U tickets on 13:38 - Sep 3 with 2167 views442Dale

Can anyone who’s been up confirm that it’s ok for a ST holder to take more than one book to get tickets? eg. one person with two ST books can get six tickets.

Tried ringing the club but it rings out, understandably with tickets now on sale.

Man U tickets on 13:39 - Sep 3 with 2163 viewsSuddenLad

Man U tickets on 13:38 - Sep 3 by 442Dale

Can anyone who’s been up confirm that it’s ok for a ST holder to take more than one book to get tickets? eg. one person with two ST books can get six tickets.

Tried ringing the club but it rings out, understandably with tickets now on sale.

That's exactly what I did. Took 2 season tickets and bought 6 match tickets.

Man U tickets on 13:59 - Sep 3 with 2098 viewsSheffdale

Helpful and straightforward on the phone as I just bought tickets for myself and a son. Jan Marsh took the call and is as excited as the rest of us. Wanted photos of my season ticket and voucher A. Old Trafford here we come.
Man U tickets on 14:32 - Sep 3 with 2004 viewsboromat

Straight forward enough on the phone they're obviously busy and a bit stressed. I got through on the second attempt. Just need to give in the voucher when I collect.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024