Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man U tickets 21:11 - Sep 2 with 43047 viewsdingdangblue

On sale tomorrow.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/september/ticket-news--manchester-united
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 21:13]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Man U tickets on 17:25 - Sep 10 with 4591 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Man U tickets on 17:04 - Sep 10 by James1980

Just a thought is it possible that the price has been set to discourage fans of United's 'rivals' turning up?

Can't see Scousers being right bothered about this one, and bury do't exist anymore.
Man U tickets on 06:26 - Sep 11 with 4196 viewsnordenblue

Man U tickets on 17:04 - Sep 10 by James1980

Just a thought is it possible that the price has been set to discourage fans of United's 'rivals' turning up?

It seems a standard price they charge for the cup regardless of opposition?
Man U tickets on 18:01 - Sep 15 with 3400 viewsJames1980

4638 tickets sold

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Man U tickets on 09:18 - Sep 18 with 2892 viewsJames1980

Man U tickets on 09:35 - Sep 18 with 2868 viewsdingdangblue

Map of stadium and tickets sold by Utd.
Fair to say it's not going to be their biggest crowd ever. Upper sections hardly being used. What we reckon? 30,000 crowd?
Should beat the crowd we had at Wembley v Spurs.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/muticketsandmembership/EDP/Event/Index/4850

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Man U tickets on 09:52 - Sep 18 with 2826 viewssoulboy

Nearly 5000 sold for next week, but well under 3000 turn up last night. Pathetic.
Man U tickets on 10:00 - Sep 18 with 2802 viewsSuddenLad

Man U tickets on 09:52 - Sep 18 by soulboy

Nearly 5000 sold for next week, but well under 3000 turn up last night. Pathetic.

Yes, but not a surprise. Par for the course, in the same way, ManUre supporters will stay away, because it will be 'beneath them' to turn out in the dark to see a League One side 'soil their pitch'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Man U tickets on 10:00 - Sep 18 with 2802 viewsSandyDrum

It's not pathetic - going to Spotland on a Tuesday night when there is Champions League footy on the tv is not an attractive experience unless you're a die hard Rochdale fan.

You know that, I know that, everybody knows that.

Next week I'm bringing a Wolves fan, an Accrington fan (who was at the game last night with me actually...I'm working on him) and a Liverpool fan with me to the game - they're coming because it's an attractive experience.

They all work in Manchester, they can have a few drinks before the game in the city centre, they get to go to the biggest league ground in the country and generally have a good evening out.

If we were a Championship club I could maybe get why you think it's pathetic, but we're not. We are a small, bang average, northern League One side fighting for survival week in, week out.

To get 5000 people wanting to come and watch us is excellent, and we need to be loud and proud at OT next week.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Login to get fewer ads

Man U tickets on 10:08 - Sep 18 with 2781 viewschalky_ncfc

Isn't 3000 around your average for a Tuesday night?
Not everybody can make a night time game but they will put themselves out to go to a game with their young uns that may never happen again,if Dale got to Wembley would you expect or want 3000 to turn up on the day,I doubt it,it's all about the experience

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Man U tickets on 10:18 - Sep 18 with 2752 viewssoulboy

Man U tickets on 10:00 - Sep 18 by SandyDrum

It's not pathetic - going to Spotland on a Tuesday night when there is Champions League footy on the tv is not an attractive experience unless you're a die hard Rochdale fan.

Next week I'm bringing a Wolves fan, an Accrington fan (who was at the game last night with me actually...I'm working on him) and a Liverpool fan with me to the game - they're coming because it's an attractive experience.

They all work in Manchester, they can have a few drinks before the game in the city centre, they get to go to the biggest league ground in the country and generally have a good evening out.

If we were a Championship club I could maybe get why you think it's pathetic, but we're not. We are a small, bang average, northern League One side fighting for survival week in, week out.

To get 5000 people wanting to come and watch us is excellent, and we need to be loud and proud at OT next week.

Pretty sad if you think that, watching theses overpaid actors on TV when the Dale are at home, no contest.
Man U tickets on 10:31 - Sep 18 with 2726 viewsdingdangblue

Man U tickets on 10:18 - Sep 18 by soulboy

Pretty sad if you think that, watching theses overpaid actors on TV when the Dale are at home, no contest.

Some decent acting going on at Dale last night too - although the pay isn't comparable.

Man U tickets on 10:42 - Sep 18 with 2694 viewsSandyDrum

I was at the game last night, as I said.

If you take off your rose tinted specs, the world doesn't revolve around Rochdale AFC.

For you that might be the case, but if you ask any kid who isn't a die hard Rochdale fan if they'd rather watch Napoli v Liverpool or Rochdale v Lincoln City, come on you know what the answer will be, sorry to break it to you.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Man U tickets on 10:44 - Sep 18 with 2691 viewsSuddenLad

Man U tickets on 10:42 - Sep 18 by SandyDrum

If you take off your rose tinted specs, the world doesn't revolve around Rochdale AFC.

For you that might be the case, but if you ask any kid who isn't a die hard Rochdale fan if they'd rather watch Napoli v Liverpool or Rochdale v Lincoln City, come on you know what the answer will be, sorry to break it to you.

Strange to say, that a guy sat behind me had travelled all the way from Milan to see the Mighty Dale.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Man U tickets on 12:14 - Sep 18 with 2559 viewssoulboy

Man U tickets on 10:42 - Sep 18 by SandyDrum

No need to apologise, ive heard it all before
Man U tickets on 13:22 - Sep 18 with 2445 viewspioneer

So remind me, what was the admission for folks deciding they might want to trot along to rochdale, who lost their last game 6-0, and lincoln city?

I think it was a more than reasonable crowd, given the circumstances.
Man U tickets on 13:30 - Sep 18 with 2430 viewsShun

Man U tickets on 13:22 - Sep 18 by pioneer

So remind me, what was the admission for folks deciding they might want to trot along to rochdale, who lost their last game 6-0, and lincoln city?

It is pathetic, let’s not try and pretend otherwise. For a town the size of ours to only have 3,000 regular fans is pathetic. It’s pathetic that that number hasn’t increased much over the years either. So the attendance last night wasn’t surprising in the least, but it was still pathetic.
Man U tickets on 15:25 - Sep 18 with 2290 views442Dale

Man U tickets on 13:30 - Sep 18 by Shun

It is pathetic, let’s not try and pretend otherwise. For a town the size of ours to only have 3,000 regular fans is pathetic. It’s pathetic that that number hasn’t increased much over the years either. So the attendance last night wasn’t surprising in the least, but it was still pathetic.

The pricing policy will affect those who are thinking about turning up on the night though.

The reasons for the regulars not increasing much are down to a number of factors, but we certainly shouldn’t be putting up barriers to those who *might* come.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Man U tickets on 15:51 - Sep 18 with 2233 viewsnordenblue

Man U tickets on 15:25 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

The pricing policy will affect those who are thinking about turning up on the night though.

The reasons for the regulars not increasing much are down to a number of factors, but we certainly shouldn’t be putting up barriers to those who *might* come.

It's suicide really, I made a last minute decision to go last night, my brother however also didn't know he could attend until near to kick off,he didn't bother purely down to the increase of price to go.

Whilst I understand the club are trying to push all fans towards buying a ST, for some it's simply not an option to start with due to varying commitments,for god sake let's not chuck a few more hurdles in the way to make people's decision to stay at home even easier on a cold night against not so attractive opposition.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 15:52]
Man U tickets on 17:18 - Sep 18 with 2106 viewsJames1980

Back to next Wednesday. Had tickets been ÂŁ29 therefore below the psychological barrier of over ÂŁ30. I think we would have already sold out our allocation.

Man U tickets on 18:06 - Sep 18 with 2016 viewsDaleiLama

Man U tickets on 10:44 - Sep 18 by SuddenLad

Strange to say, that a guy sat behind me had travelled all the way from Milan to see the Mighty Dale.

And he's an AS Roma fan too SL! He was very complementary about our first half performance, but sad that we were "scared" to play in the second half. So many runs and good moves which petered out and went backwards.

As for Man U fans, I know two who are going in the home main stand and one who will be in the away end as an honorary Daley with me.

I'm working on a conversion too SD. Going to use the bring a friend voucher for a fiver on her dad as well if I can. Maybe for the Ipswich game? Neither will switch though, but the honorary Daley is coming to Fleetwood away as well. Small steps...….

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Man U tickets on 20:21 - Sep 18 with 1817 viewssoulboy

Man U tickets on 13:22 - Sep 18 by pioneer

The admission is considerably less than the admission at the swamp next week, but people (pretending to be staunch Dale fans) will still pay it even though they don't turn up at the COA.
Man U tickets on 20:46 - Sep 18 with 1756 viewsTVOS1907

Man U tickets on 10:00 - Sep 18 by SandyDrum

I agree with all you say, SD, but we've just had a summer where people have been saying they haven't been able to see much cricket because it's on Sky, so I'm not sure the Champions League being on BT Sport is going to keep as many fans away from Spotland on a Tuesday night as you might think.

Basically, if you're going to come to Rochdale v Lincoln on a Tuesday night, you're going to come, regardless of what's on TV.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Man U tickets on 20:46 - Sep 18 with 1756 views442Dale

Man U tickets on 20:21 - Sep 18 by soulboy

The admission is considerably less than the admission at the swamp next week, but people (pretending to be staunch Dale fans) will still pay it even though they don't turn up at the COA.

There’s some truth in that but we need only look at how the pricing at Old Trafford has affected our potential support there. Some talked of a sellout, but even a previous post saying 6000 would be good at those prices is looking a bit optimistic.

Price is a major thing for many of our floating fans. It’s a balancing act between season ticket prices and those on a matchday. Until this is focused on ahead of short-term gain from away followings, we may as well not bother grumbling about the lack of home supporters.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Man U tickets on 20:49 - Sep 18 with 1744 viewspioneer

chalk and cheese....seeingrochdale playing one of the worlds most famous clubs at one of the worlds top grounds versus seeing them play against lincoln at willbutts.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:50 - Sep 18 with 1743 viewspioneer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024