Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry to inform you all ... 18:19 - Sep 3 with 5205 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

My Dad, a Dale fan for the last 79 years, sadly passed away on Sunday morning. Anyone who stood in the Sandy Lane end for the past 20 odd years would probably have recognised him in his light coloured coat, thrusting his right arm aloft to celebrate a goal.

He saw his first Dale game during the Second World War when we played in regional divisions. He was one of four generations of our family who attended a game at Gigg Lane together. Quite a remarkable feat back in the 1940`s.

The funeral will not be for a while due to a backlog at Rochdale Crematorium, but anyone wishing to donate something in his name (Philip Ridehaugh) to Spinghill Hospice, can do so without having to contact his family.

You will be sorely missed at Spotland Dad, but you will live on, in me and your grandsons, as we carry on the family tradition.

R.I.P. Dad
Sorry to inform you all ... on 18:03 - Sep 4 with 1019 viewsDalenet

Condolences from me too. Very sad time for you but what a great memory and a dale stalwart

As others have said it will get easier. You'll remember lots of nice things and have a cheeky smile to yourself once the sadness passes. Take care
Sorry to inform you all ... on 17:01 - Sep 20 with 811 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I`d just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has sent their condolences both on here and in person. My Dad seemed to be known to a lot more people than I had known about and I take comfort from that.
The funeral cars went along Sandy Lane on Wednesday and at the ground they slowed down as a mark of respect. It was a lovely touch by the funeral directors but it set me off blubbering like nobody`s business.
All in all the service and wake went well (Ratcliffe Arms) and we raised well over £200 for Spring Hill Hospice.
Once again thank you.

R.I.P. Dad xx
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024