Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Geoffrey 18:52 - Sep 10 with 2527 viewskiwidale

Sir Geoffrey Boycott I like him almost as much as I dislike the interviewer who trying to be smart and ambush him was completely out of order and no match for Sir Geoffrey of Yorkshire.

This is not the time for bickering.

Sir Geoffrey on 19:50 - Sep 10 with 2439 viewssoulboy

Once again the honours list has shown to be an out dated meaningless waste if space, highlighted even more so today with the "honour" dished out to the rude, obnoxious, self gratifying convicted woman beater patronising oaf Boycott. Of course the interviewer was no match for him as he couldn't give a toss. What a pillock.
Sir Geoffrey on 21:28 - Sep 10 with 2340 viewspioneer

Sir Geoffrey on 19:50 - Sep 10 by soulboy

Once again the honours list has shown to be an out dated meaningless waste if space, highlighted even more so today with the "honour" dished out to the rude, obnoxious, self gratifying convicted woman beater patronising oaf Boycott. Of course the interviewer was no match for him as he couldn't give a toss. What a pillock.

Agree, great batter, awful captain, typical celebrity - full of himself. Ticks all the boxes for a knighthood,
Sir Geoffrey on 21:33 - Sep 10 with 2321 viewspnc4eva1

Sir Geoffrey on 21:28 - Sep 10 by pioneer

Agree, great batter, awful captain, typical celebrity - full of himself. Ticks all the boxes for a knighthood,

Not too good when it comes to keeping his fists down either

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Sir Geoffrey on 22:39 - Sep 10 with 2230 viewsjudd

Let's hope the Queen finally earns her keep and tvvats Boycott with her sword on behalf of all battered partners.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sir Geoffrey on 23:03 - Sep 10 with 2193 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Sir Geoffrey on 19:50 - Sep 10 by soulboy

Posts like this make me believe all is not lost.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Sir Geoffrey on 08:35 - Sep 11 with 1986 viewsmingthemerciless

I wonder what Ian Botham thinks about it all. He deliberately ran Boycott out in one match apparently. Boycott said to him " What have you done ? " Botham said " I've just run you out you ----".
Sir Geoffrey on 09:38 - Sep 11 with 1897 viewsMoonyDale

I am amazed that anyone is supportive of this absolute tosser getting a knighthood, the sooner the honours system is scrapped the better to stop disgusting creatures like Geoff the abuser getting to be called Sir. Botham was right, he is a c**t.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Sir Geoffrey on 15:04 - Sep 11 with 1692 viewsfermin

I suppose it depends how safe you think the conviction was. For example, there was this article a few years ago:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/honours-list/11922112/Geoffrey-Boycott-m
Login to get fewer ads

Sir Geoffrey on 16:37 - Sep 11 with 1598 viewsD_Alien

Sir Geoffrey on 15:04 - Sep 11 by fermin

I suppose it depends how safe you think the conviction was. For example, there was this article a few years ago:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/honours-list/11922112/Geoffrey-Boycott-m

Must admit, i'm surprised at the invective being thrown at Boycott

His trenchant views are often misplaced, but that's why he's never been out of work as a tv pundit since he speaks his mind and if he's wrong it just adds to the fuel that creates interest and therefore eyes watching the screen

I also view his verdict by the French court as unsafe. It'll never be overturned, and he had no chance of defending himself in a system where you're guilty until proven innocent, but there's enough circumstantial evidence to suggest he was the victim rather than a woman beater. Apart from anything else, he's had a number of partners and in such cases, others tend to come forward with corroborative stories. No-one else has. I don't know the truth, and therefore won't pass judgement. I do enjoy his perspective on cricket, even though i disagree with him more often than not

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sir Geoffrey on 17:37 - Sep 11 with 1519 viewskiwidale

Sir Geoffrey on 15:04 - Sep 11 by fermin

Thanks for the link fermin however any calls for balance on here will be ignored as evidenced by the replies thus far, some people are quick to judge and condemn also mud sticks. Boycott would never have been convicted in a British court be thankful you never find yourself in front of a French court where you have to prove you're innocence.

Of particular note in the article is this telling part

Dismissed as a liar by British court.
Miss Moore (Boycotts accuser) had been dismissed by a British judge as a liar during one of several hearings relating to her business.

Mr Registrar James, who made a bankruptcy order against Miss Moore, said her evidence was “characterised by inconsistency which was of such a degree as to suggest a deliberate lack of truthfulness”.

Dr Peter Wood, a consultant forensic psychiatrist who was consulted by Boycott’s legal team, concluded that Miss Moore: “Has a diagnosable psychiatric disorder in the form of a personality disorder with hysterical and psychopathic features. It is likely that there is an additional factor, namely chronic excessive intake of alcohol, probably alcoholism…there is clear evidence of her lying on a repeated basis. She is probably a pathological liar.”

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" - Albert Einstein

All this will be irrelevant to those who have judged Boycott... Sir Geoffrey Boycott well deserved I like it.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2019 18:00]

Sir Geoffrey on 17:47 - Sep 11 with 1483 views442Dale

Sir Geoffrey on 17:37 - Sep 11 by kiwidale

Thanks for the link fermin however any calls for balance on here will be ignored as evidenced by the replies thus far, some people are quick to judge and condemn also mud sticks. Boycott would never have been convicted in a British court be thankful you never find yourself in front of a French court where you have to prove you're innocence.

Of particular note in the article is this telling part

Dismissed as a liar by British court.
Miss Moore (Boycotts accuser) had been dismissed by a British judge as a liar during one of several hearings relating to her business.

Mr Registrar James, who made a bankruptcy order against Miss Moore, said her evidence was “characterised by inconsistency which was of such a degree as to suggest a deliberate lack of truthfulness”.

Dr Peter Wood, a consultant forensic psychiatrist who was consulted by Boycott’s legal team, concluded that Miss Moore: “Has a diagnosable psychiatric disorder in the form of a personality disorder with hysterical and psychopathic features. It is likely that there is an additional factor, namely chronic excessive intake of alcohol, probably alcoholism…there is clear evidence of her lying on a repeated basis. She is probably a pathological liar.”

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" - Albert Einstein

All this will be irrelevant to those who have judged Boycott... Sir Geoffrey Boycott well deserved I like it.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2019 18:00]

Saying this respectfully after the last few days (and previous instances where similar situations have developed unnecessarily), maybe it’s possible to post with one’s own views without feeling the need to mention others/the board as a whole. Doing this would help ensure subjects are debated on their own merits rather than descending into rows that do nobody any favours.

And yes, I understand the irony in my post around mentioning others, but it’s done with the best of intentions.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sir Geoffrey on 17:59 - Sep 11 with 1439 viewssoulboy

There seems to be an awful lot of lawyers who were in court commenting on here.
Sir Geoffrey on 18:18 - Sep 11 with 1403 viewskiwidale

Sir Geoffrey on 17:47 - Sep 11 by 442Dale

Saying this respectfully after the last few days (and previous instances where similar situations have developed unnecessarily), maybe it’s possible to post with one’s own views without feeling the need to mention others/the board as a whole. Doing this would help ensure subjects are debated on their own merits rather than descending into rows that do nobody any favours.

And yes, I understand the irony in my post around mentioning others, but it’s done with the best of intentions.

When have you ever been disrespectful 442 and with respect to you, it would be nigh impossible not to reply to a post or posts without mentioning others either as an individual or as a group. My intention was not to denigrate the forum in general or other views but rather to highlight the lack of balance. I accept my views are often at odds with any consensus but in that I am not alone.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2019 18:19]

Sir Geoffrey on 18:50 - Sep 11 with 1351 views442Dale

Sir Geoffrey on 18:18 - Sep 11 by kiwidale

When have you ever been disrespectful 442 and with respect to you, it would be nigh impossible not to reply to a post or posts without mentioning others either as an individual or as a group. My intention was not to denigrate the forum in general or other views but rather to highlight the lack of balance. I accept my views are often at odds with any consensus but in that I am not alone.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2019 18:19]

Indeed, but I think we all know what I meant.

Please proceed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024