Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Lincoln 18:53 - Sep 17 with 10508 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:19 - Sep 17 with 2495 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:08 - Sep 17 by richfoad32

Where is Alby? He was supposedly on the verge of a return a few weeks ago but there's been nothing since.

Not quite ready according to the pre match interview.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:20 - Sep 17 with 2485 viewsfirgrovedale51

Match thread: Lincoln on 21:39 - Sep 17 by SunningDale

Not surprising really, Lincoln probably operating on at least twice our budget. They can afford to leave Akinde on the bench, we can't be expected to compete.

Budget had nothing to do with it we did the same as we did against Carlisle we sat back in defence no players up and depended on breakaways of which there was not many, thought we had a couple good penalty claims turned down .
Match thread: Lincoln on 22:21 - Sep 17 with 2477 views1907

Some of the comments and shouts from fans tonight was absolutely embarrassing.

“I want to be entertained” was one. Alright Julias Cesar I think you should go support City.

We were brilliant first half. They were better second half.

The concern is having a lack of Plan B when Plan A stops working in my opinion.

We have little pace in the squad & I feel the lack of substitutions tonight also had an impact.
Match thread: Lincoln on 22:21 - Sep 17 with 2469 viewsjudd

That was a truly awful.second half showing. I think Dooley completed 1 pass and was absolutely knackered. Credit to Lincoln for taking the game to us.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:24 - Sep 17 with 2438 viewsSandyDrum

We were crying for a striker or just some sort of attacking outlet in that 2nd half.

Every time we went forward, it ended up with the midfield turning around and passing it back.
I have no problem with being patient and keeping the ball, and those who booed tonight ought to have a word with themselves.

That being said, I do understand the frustrations. We have scored one 2nd half goal in the league at home this season and even that was a cross that just bobbled it's way in.

We need a striker and I really hope Alby is fit soon and is willing to put in a shift, because he is needed, especially 2nd half.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:27 - Sep 17 with 2390 viewsD_Alien

Most of it's already been said, but i'll just add one more thing

Second half we were total shit, and in the end didn't even deserve a point

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:29 - Sep 17 with 2366 viewsShun

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:20 - Sep 17 by firgrovedale51

Budget had nothing to do with it we did the same as we did against Carlisle we sat back in defence no players up and depended on breakaways of which there was not many, thought we had a couple good penalty claims turned down .

I think SD was having a joke.
Match thread: Lincoln on 22:29 - Sep 17 with 2366 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:24 - Sep 17 by SandyDrum

We were crying for a striker or just some sort of attacking outlet in that 2nd half.

Every time we went forward, it ended up with the midfield turning around and passing it back.
I have no problem with being patient and keeping the ball, and those who booed tonight ought to have a word with themselves.

That being said, I do understand the frustrations. We have scored one 2nd half goal in the league at home this season and even that was a cross that just bobbled it's way in.

We need a striker and I really hope Alby is fit soon and is willing to put in a shift, because he is needed, especially 2nd half.

The fact that BBM failed, despite his efforts, to bring in a forward before the transfer deadline won’t be lost on him. We can’t just hope it will somehow work itself out before January, however.

It will be interesting to see how we approach the next game now.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:35 - Sep 17 with 2309 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:29 - Sep 17 by fitzochris

The fact that BBM failed, despite his efforts, to bring in a forward before the transfer deadline won’t be lost on him. We can’t just hope it will somehow work itself out before January, however.

It will be interesting to see how we approach the next game now.

That coupled with the fact Hendo comes deeper and deeper looking for the ball that someone else should really be used to find him with, leading to nothing uo front at all.

God only knows why we bring every single player back for every set piece in our own box is staggering and just invites constant pressure, it must be something in the coaching manual as Hilly absolutely loved the idea too.

Very good first half and should have been out of sight if we had a foward to help Hendo out, and a poor second under pressure for most of it.
Match thread: Lincoln on 22:38 - Sep 17 with 2266 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:35 - Sep 17 by nordenblue

That coupled with the fact Hendo comes deeper and deeper looking for the ball that someone else should really be used to find him with, leading to nothing uo front at all.

God only knows why we bring every single player back for every set piece in our own box is staggering and just invites constant pressure, it must be something in the coaching manual as Hilly absolutely loved the idea too.

Very good first half and should have been out of sight if we had a foward to help Hendo out, and a poor second under pressure for most of it.

Poor tactics I thought, no out ball and no attempt to change things which just allowed them to attack at will.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:58 - Sep 17 with 2121 views_Windydale

We seemed to switch off 2nd half, the creativity and passing options vanished. Lincoln's heads were up and we looked to concentrate more on defending and seeing out a one nil win. We have a problem with how we play when we are under pressure and not go to pieces. Barry needs to work on this with the team.

The will and concentration, passing and supporting towards their goal need to go on more than 50% of the game. It's going to be our undoing if we keep dropping the tempo like we did today.

Maybe tired and a lack of confidence when the going gets tough or still hurting from the 6-0 drubbing.

We look leggy but is it a lack of composure.

Matheson coming on might have invigorated the team with his positive play and skill.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 0:41]
Match thread: Lincoln on 23:05 - Sep 17 with 2070 viewsAncoats_Blue

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:24 - Sep 17 by SandyDrum

People booed? Wow, missed that.
Match thread: Lincoln on 23:24 - Sep 17 with 1998 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Lincoln on 23:05 - Sep 17 by Ancoats_Blue

People booed? Wow, missed that.

I do hope Brian didn't hear any booing.

Match thread: Lincoln on 23:29 - Sep 17 with 1970 viewsDaley_Lama

Well played Lincoln second half, their pressure finally paying dividend with a thoroughly deserved equaliser.

Can we get extra St John’s staff in the TDS going forward please, for there are many fans in danger of either exploding or heart attack when we over play it at the back.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Lincoln on 23:30 - Sep 17 with 1964 viewsDaleiLama

Wish I had a quid for every time I've seen that script played out.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Lincoln on 23:34 - Sep 17 with 1940 views_Windydale

Always going to be a few tiny, tiny minority who act extreme..let em boo, leave em to it.. but clap, shout and support the team louder.
Match thread: Lincoln on 23:42 - Sep 17 with 1906 viewsSandyDrum

Match thread: Lincoln on 23:29 - Sep 17 by Daley_Lama

Well played Lincoln second half, their pressure finally paying dividend with a thoroughly deserved equaliser.

Can we get extra St John’s staff in the TDS going forward please, for there are many fans in danger of either exploding or heart attack when we over play it at the back.

At least you get to see some action in the TDS!

I can't remember the last time something remotely exciting happened in front of the Sandy.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match thread: Lincoln on 00:02 - Sep 18 with 1836 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:08 - Sep 17 by richfoad32

Where is Alby? He was supposedly on the verge of a return a few weeks ago but there's been nothing since.

Waiting for the Man Utd game
Match thread: Lincoln on 00:20 - Sep 18 with 1785 viewsSandyman

4 home league games:
Doncaster - Should've won but let them equalise by sitting back for too long.
Lincoln - Should've won but let them equalise by sitting back for too long.
Sunderland - Robbed.
Blackpool - got away with a draw.
Still no home league win in 4 and 2 gimmes thrown away by the same tactical decisions.

We play some lovely stuff first half, get worked out, pressured, and become all weak and feeble. Repeat. Repeat.

There is enough in this squad to stay up but the floundering late on in games is reminiscent of a Hill bad run. We can't sit back and defend a lead late on in games. It's obvious to our fans. It's obvious to the opposition.
Please BBM recognise it, and get it sorted. The League table is catching up with our weaknesses.

The one chorus of booing I heard in The Sandy when we were winning was a disgrace. Walter Joyce, Barrowball, Steve Eyre (sorry FRMSE), this team is a million miles better than any of those. Not perfect but not dire at all. Nowt a few tweaks and lessons from mistakes won't cure.

BBMBA
Match thread: Lincoln on 00:23 - Sep 18 with 1781 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:21 - Sep 17 by judd

That was a truly awful.second half showing. I think Dooley completed 1 pass and was absolutely knackered. Credit to Lincoln for taking the game to us.

Worryingly, in the second half the majority of the team looked leggy. The thin squad could become a real issue going forward and has taken another hit with Done apparently getting injured as is being speculated by some.

In fairness to Dooley he put in a hell of a lot of work tracking back to help Keohane nullify the threat of Andrade. No disrespect to Jimmy because he's doing a great job filling in but we miss McLaughlin. Unfortunately he's another one whose return doesn't appear imminent.
Match thread: Lincoln on 05:28 - Sep 18 with 1617 viewsThe_Knightowl

Two difficult games to go in Sept, Dale find themselves in familiar territory. Position at the end of Sept 2018 17th Played 10 Points 11 Currently 16th Played 8 Points 10
Match thread: Lincoln on 07:45 - Sep 18 with 1438 viewsfitzochris

As said pre-season, it’s always a risk going in with a small squad, as you’re basically relying on luck with regards to injuries and suspensions.

With a reduced budget, BBM said he was happy to put his faith in the young players. Morley has certainly stepped up in the early games but, mercifully perhaps, we’ve not had to go any deeper yet.

In my opinion, and I’ve not really changed this since the beginning of August, we are still a couple of experienced players light, especially up front.

Where do we find those players within our budget? If I knew the answer to that I’d be working for the football club.

There is still something that can be done until January with the existing squad, though. Starting positively and then reverting to a more negative style needs to go, for a start. It’s simply not how a home team should play. I know the risk is getting another Peterborough result but we could just as easily get another Tranmere, the irony being these were both away from home. That said, without the attacking options, it’s easier said than done.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Lincoln on 08:16 - Sep 18 with 1340 viewsHopwoodblue

Match thread: Lincoln on 07:45 - Sep 18 by fitzochris

As said pre-season, it’s always a risk going in with a small squad, as you’re basically relying on luck with regards to injuries and suspensions.

With a reduced budget, BBM said he was happy to put his faith in the young players. Morley has certainly stepped up in the early games but, mercifully perhaps, we’ve not had to go any deeper yet.

In my opinion, and I’ve not really changed this since the beginning of August, we are still a couple of experienced players light, especially up front.

Where do we find those players within our budget? If I knew the answer to that I’d be working for the football club.

There is still something that can be done until January with the existing squad, though. Starting positively and then reverting to a more negative style needs to go, for a start. It’s simply not how a home team should play. I know the risk is getting another Peterborough result but we could just as easily get another Tranmere, the irony being these were both away from home. That said, without the attacking options, it’s easier said than done.

Very well summed up as usual Fitz.
Hopefully it’s a learning curve for BBM. Sadly for him he will have to learn quick.
We definitely are light up front, no pace and no poacher for the scruffy goals which at this level wins you quite a few close games.Poor Hendo can’t do everything and needs the pressure taking off his shoulders sometimes. I do believe unlike some Alby has a lot to offer once fit and will make difference but we still need some pace as it always provides an out ball.
Where we find these players from god only knows, but January could be key to us staying in div one for another season.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 12:00]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Match thread: Lincoln on 08:53 - Sep 18 with 1252 viewsJames1980

A negative aspect of selling players for a low initial fee with jam for tomorrow add ons is there isn't a decent sum of money to bolster the squad in the window. I would be surprised if we couldn't have got close to a million for Adshead had we lowered some of the add on clauses.
Well aware that any money from transfers must first go to balance the books. But a greater fee may have given extra cash for BBM to add to the squad.

Match thread: Lincoln on 09:24 - Sep 18 with 1173 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Lincoln on 08:16 - Sep 18 by Hopwoodblue

Very well summed up as usual Fitz.
Hopefully it’s a learning curve for BBM. Sadly for him he will have to learn quick.
We definitely are light up front, no pace and no poacher for the scruffy goals which at this level wins you quite a few close games.Poor Hendo can’t do everything and needs the pressure taking off his shoulders sometimes. I do believe unlike some Alby has a lot to offer once fit and will make difference but we still need some pace as it always provides an out ball.
Where we find these players from god only knows, but January could be key to us staying in div one for another season.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 12:00]

I think the general consensus on here is that most believe Alby will make a difference upon his return. It's just that nobody knows when that will be. I read summat a few weeks ago where apparently the physio said he was close to full fitness, since then, nada.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024