Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With Just Under A Week To Go... 20:13 - Sep 19 with 6680 viewsCleedale

...what are the thoughts of fellow Dalies on expectations against Man U and the kind of side they'll put out?

Guess we'll be making a whole lot more on gate receipts than the meagre £10k for winning a 3rd round tie when even winning the Carabao Cup still only offers £100k; Ok added Wembley gate receipts too.

Any takers for a shock result or should we be concentrating on League? Plus, is there any stipulation for the type of team they must/can play?
With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:04 - Sep 19 with 2503 viewschalky_ncfc

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:58 - Sep 19 by nordenblue

Crystal Palace is now in Brighton?
Did you ever find out why they chased you,a fruity bunch them lot down there...

I've no idea why I put the Eagles rather than the Seagulls,I was going to blame autocorrect but it's not changed it in this post

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:09 - Sep 19 with 2477 viewsJames1980

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:04 - Sep 19 by chalky_ncfc

I've no idea why I put the Eagles rather than the Seagulls,I was going to blame autocorrect but it's not changed it in this post

They sound similar

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:18 - Sep 19 with 2460 viewsTVOS1907

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:59 - Sep 19 by chalky_ncfc

Notts once won the Anglo Italian Cup at Wembley and then got relegated from the league

Anglo-Italian Cup

FA Trophy

It will be the FA Vase before you know it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 01:40 - Sep 20 with 2386 viewschalky_ncfc

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:01 - Sep 19 by James1980

Eagles = Palace
Seagulls = Brighton
When I picked a team by way of teletext Brighton weren't in the 4th division, Rochdale were.
At least there was no permanent damage Chalky.

I live near Lewes
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 22:02]

Why go for a 4th division team rather than say a club in the championship who are nearer,don't get me wrong you have shown that you are a true Dale supporter but most people get drawn to their home town team rather then chose one by teletex,I'm presuming that you don't come from a footballing family or you would have followed them
Have you had to buy a flat cap and hobnail boots to blend in and have you developed a taste for black pubbing yet?

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 05:59 - Sep 20 with 2346 viewsBartRowou

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:04 - Sep 19 by chalky_ncfc

Interestingly, this is from Wikipedia...

During the 1974/75 season (Brighton) became known as 'The Dolphins' and by the beginning of the following season, a new club crest had been introduced. Both this nickname and crest were to prove short-lived, however, following an incident said to have taken place in the Bo'sun public house in Brighton. Prior to a 'derby' fixture with fierce rivals, Crystal Palace, a few away supporters started chanting, "Eagles, Eagles" to which a group of Brighton & Hove Albion fans responded with a chant of "Seagulls, Seagulls". Current club director, Derek Chapman, is said to have been among the group who first christened the club with this nickname. The club has been known as 'The Seagulls' ever since and in 1977 the club crest was changed once again to represent this.[3] A round seagull crest was used on club shirts until 1998 when the current design was introduced. New chairman Dick Knight wanted to sweep away all the remnants of the old, disgraced regime and saw an updated crest as a sign to supporters of new beginnings and happier times ahead.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 06:02 - Sep 20 with 2341 viewsD_Alien

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 01:40 - Sep 20 by chalky_ncfc

Why go for a 4th division team rather than say a club in the championship who are nearer,don't get me wrong you have shown that you are a true Dale supporter but most people get drawn to their home town team rather then chose one by teletex,I'm presuming that you don't come from a footballing family or you would have followed them
Have you had to buy a flat cap and hobnail boots to blend in and have you developed a taste for black pubbing yet?

Black pubbing?

We have a non-discriminatory pub policy in Rochdale

Do you have to wear blackface in some Nottingham pubs?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 07:57 - Sep 20 with 2278 viewsrichfoad32

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:55 - Sep 19 by chalky_ncfc

Do you live in Brighton James and if you do what made you want to support Dale rather than The Eagles?
I once got chased around Wembley by some Brighton fans who was peeved at having lost to the mighty Pies 3-1 back in the early 90's,I'm glad to say that I was younger and fitter.in those days

If that was the Playoff Final, I was there with my Brighton supporting mates (not doing the chasing). Wanted Albion to win but wasn't too bothered. Seem to remember Tommy Johnson running the show and your fookin annoying song about a wheelbarrow......I live in Brighton but before you give me the third degree I support Dale from way back when I lived in a town with no league team. Your neck of the woods in fact, Newark.

As for the original post, I don't know why but I'm finding it hard to get too enthusiastic about the game. I know it's a decent payday for the club and hopefully a chance to attract a few new supporters but the whole tournament just seems Mickey Mouse to me these days and am really more worried about the bread and butter of the league and tomorrow's game at Fleetwood if I'm honest.
With Just Under A Week To Go... on 13:15 - Sep 20 with 2137 viewsD_Alien

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 07:57 - Sep 20 by richfoad32

If that was the Playoff Final, I was there with my Brighton supporting mates (not doing the chasing). Wanted Albion to win but wasn't too bothered. Seem to remember Tommy Johnson running the show and your fookin annoying song about a wheelbarrow......I live in Brighton but before you give me the third degree I support Dale from way back when I lived in a town with no league team. Your neck of the woods in fact, Newark.

As for the original post, I don't know why but I'm finding it hard to get too enthusiastic about the game. I know it's a decent payday for the club and hopefully a chance to attract a few new supporters but the whole tournament just seems Mickey Mouse to me these days and am really more worried about the bread and butter of the league and tomorrow's game at Fleetwood if I'm honest.

It's a pretty good evening out for those that can make it, but i agree with you, the starry-eyed attraction it might've once held has gone

It's been referred to as "the game of a lifetime" by some but imo that's a false perspective. Far outweighing this fixture is a fifth round tie (both home & away) against a Spurs team which was competing in the Champions League final not long after with pretty much the same personnel

We now know what type of line-up Utd are likely to field, and i don't blame them. It's no disrespect to Dale or the competition at all, again imo; it's simple facts of life in the football world. People will always either overhype the fixture or find reasons to knock Utd (as they did with Spurs is seem to recall)

Why not just enjoy it for what it is? A chance for Dale to show our relative ability away from the harsh points-gathering of L1 and in a glorious stadium

Login to get fewer ads

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 13:37 - Sep 20 with 2086 viewsblackdogblue

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 01:40 - Sep 20 by chalky_ncfc

If you mean Black “Pudding”, a local delicacy in these parts made in a market town you will not of heard of as the do not have a football team Chalky lad...

Isn’t it time Robin Hood wanted his merry men back, you had better fook off 😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 14:11 - Sep 20 with 2041 viewsJames1980

A cooked breakfast is not complete with out a few slices of black pudding.

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 14:48 - Sep 20 with 1995 views1949er

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:58 - Sep 19 by nordenblue

Crystal Palace is now in Brighton?
Did you ever find out why they chased you,a fruity bunch them lot down there...

Did Palace sing Hotel California?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:02 - Sep 20 with 1823 viewschalky_ncfc

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 06:02 - Sep 20 by D_Alien

Black pubbing?

We have a non-discriminatory pub policy in Rochdale

Do you have to wear blackface in some Nottingham pubs?

Errmm... I blame the autocorrect again

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:05 - Sep 20 with 1820 viewschalky_ncfc

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 14:11 - Sep 20 by James1980

A cooked breakfast is not complete with out a few slices of black pudding.

I'm marking you down James because black pudding is disgusting just like tripe,they haven't got you eating that as well have they?

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:56 - Sep 20 with 1767 viewsJames1980

You obviously haven't had decent black pudding

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:17 - Sep 20 with 1742 viewsTVOS1907

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 21:05 - Sep 20 by chalky_ncfc

I'm marking you down James because black pudding is disgusting just like tripe,they haven't got you eating that as well have they?

Talking of tripe, who are non-league Notts playing tomorrow?

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:41 - Sep 20 with 1715 viewschalky_ncfc

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:17 - Sep 20 by TVOS1907

Bromley

You seem to be taking an interest in non league Notts lately TVOS,you coming down for a game?

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:44 - Sep 20 with 1710 viewsTVOS1907

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:41 - Sep 20 by chalky_ncfc

Bromley

You seem to be taking an interest in non league Notts lately TVOS,you coming down for a game?

Nah, I'll stick to the extensive half-hour highlights package on BT Sport, ta very much.

Would that be the same Bromley we beat 4-0 in the FA Cup a couple of years ago?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 22:46]

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:49 - Sep 20 with 1706 viewschalky_ncfc

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:44 - Sep 20 by TVOS1907

Nah, I'll stick to the extensive half-hour highlights package on BT Sport, ta very much.

Would that be the same Bromley we beat 4-0 in the FA Cup a couple of years ago?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 22:46]

Dunno,I will settle for a 0-1 win tbh

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 11:29 - Sep 21 with 1530 viewsSalegraham

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:17 - Sep 20 by TVOS1907

The same tripe Notts have churned out for the last couple of seasons
With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:45 - Sep 21 with 1358 viewsD_Alien

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:49 - Sep 20 by chalky_ncfc

Dunno,I will settle for a 0-1 win tbh

No disgrace losing to the top of table, chalky

Even if it's a non-league table...

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 14:49 - Sep 24 with 1072 viewsAncoats_Blue

Every match going United fan I’ve spoken to is genuinely worried we’ll win.
I can’t see it myself, even with injuries they should win this at a canter. I’d be happy to come out of the game with no injuries and keep the score line respectable. Anything else is a bonus.
With Just Under A Week To Go... on 15:09 - Sep 24 with 1038 viewsYorkshire_Dale

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 14:49 - Sep 24 by Ancoats_Blue

Every match going United fan I’ve spoken to is genuinely worried we’ll win.
I can’t see it myself, even with injuries they should win this at a canter. I’d be happy to come out of the game with no injuries and keep the score line respectable. Anything else is a bonus.

Yep, Dignity intact will do me too....we have such a small squad we can't afford any more injuries, do our best give em a game and take the money.Showcase some of our own kids talent.

There are two more Cup opportunities yet this season....two more chances to land some dosh.

More important that we are up for the challenge of Wycombe on Saturday and the return of the "Refridgerator"
With Just Under A Week To Go... on 15:22 - Sep 24 with 1012 viewsAncoats_Blue

With Just Under A Week To Go... on 15:09 - Sep 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

Yep, Dignity intact will do me too....we have such a small squad we can't afford any more injuries, do our best give em a game and take the money.Showcase some of our own kids talent.

There are two more Cup opportunities yet this season....two more chances to land some dosh.

More important that we are up for the challenge of Wycombe on Saturday and the return of the "Refridgerator"

Offered a choice of a win tomorrow or vs Wycombe and I’d say the latter. Going a month without a league win won’t be good and we need to keep an eye on the bread and butter fixtures. That said, win both and I won’t complain.
With Just Under A Week To Go... on 15:56 - Sep 24 with 958 viewsSaxonDale

Pogba and Greenwood set to feature.
With Just Under A Week To Go... on 22:47 - Sep 24 with 834 viewssweetcorn

I just want it to be competitive and us be in the game for most of it. Can’t think of anything worse than being 3-0 after 15 minutes.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024