Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets 20:42 - Sep 20 with 11490 viewssoulboy

Does anyone know whats happening at Hornets? Theres been no mention of them in the Observer for the last 3 weeks to my knowledge. Admittedly they've not had much to shout about this season, and in their last 3 games they've been hammered but at least you would expect the local paper would give them some coverage, or have they gone bust?
Hornets on 12:12 - Oct 10 with 2961 viewsJames1980

Hornets on 12:03 - Oct 10 by AussieDale

'The pricing structure is heading that way'. I wouldn't know living in Oz but any idea what our season ticket prices are in comparison with other clubs in both our division and the division below

I think they mean the increase if a fan pays on the gate plus category a & b pricing. Designed to encourage purchase of season tickets

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hornets on 12:48 - Oct 10 with 2912 viewsDalenet

Hornets on 12:03 - Oct 10 by AussieDale

'The pricing structure is heading that way'. I wouldn't know living in Oz but any idea what our season ticket prices are in comparison with other clubs in both our division and the division below

To answer the question directly...our advance season ticket prices are dirt cheap compared to pay on the day or other clubs in our league. And so were Hornets. But it isn't putting enough bums on seats and the fan base of both clubs is dying - literally. We need to keep the focus on grabbing occasional fans and use the pester power of kids. But it has to be priced accordingly. I get that the mainstand needs to be priced to allow us to charge the away fans a higher price too. But the Pearl street is half empty and the family section barely a quarter full. We need to wake up. It is probably to late for hornets now
Hornets on 17:19 - Oct 10 with 2757 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hornets on 12:48 - Oct 10 by Dalenet

To answer the question directly...our advance season ticket prices are dirt cheap compared to pay on the day or other clubs in our league. And so were Hornets. But it isn't putting enough bums on seats and the fan base of both clubs is dying - literally. We need to keep the focus on grabbing occasional fans and use the pester power of kids. But it has to be priced accordingly. I get that the mainstand needs to be priced to allow us to charge the away fans a higher price too. But the Pearl street is half empty and the family section barely a quarter full. We need to wake up. It is probably to late for hornets now

The issue with hornets has always been the “bURY” style mentality that they, and the board have.
They have approximately 1/4 of the fans the football club have, but think they are an equal or (according to an ex chairman) bigger than the football club.

Hornets burnt a lot of bridges with the non payment of rent and generally taking the piss years back, but they could attract support if they worked closely with the football club, for example a joint season ticket for 300 quid would attract casual followers, maybe only a couple of 100, but Hornets mentality would be we want half the money, not say £75 quid is better than nothing.

Hornets, without the vile Rush and his cronies are screwed, at least the wage bill employing Australian barman on twice the normal wage should help the employment statistics in Some of the local areas!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hornets on 06:25 - Oct 11 with 2565 viewshammerdale

Hornets on 17:19 - Oct 10 by Thacks_Rabbits

The issue with hornets has always been the “bURY” style mentality that they, and the board have.
They have approximately 1/4 of the fans the football club have, but think they are an equal or (according to an ex chairman) bigger than the football club.

Hornets burnt a lot of bridges with the non payment of rent and generally taking the piss years back, but they could attract support if they worked closely with the football club, for example a joint season ticket for 300 quid would attract casual followers, maybe only a couple of 100, but Hornets mentality would be we want half the money, not say £75 quid is better than nothing.

Hornets, without the vile Rush and his cronies are screwed, at least the wage bill employing Australian barman on twice the normal wage should help the employment statistics in Some of the local areas!

" Vile" now that is the pot calling the kettle black Thicks Rabbit😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Hornets on 16:52 - Oct 11 with 2305 viewsrochdaleriddler

Spoke to a hornets fan today, they said that if the club doesn’t fold, they will be playing next season at Mayfield. Apparently our pitch is to be completely renovated and will be out of action for 3 months.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hornets on 19:25 - Oct 12 with 2000 viewsNinco

I seem to remember that when Hornets went out of business, before the new company was formed, there was a suggestion from a football club board member that the football club board take over the running of the rugby club, and run it more businesslike to make it work, and they felt that more football fans would go because there would be no conflict over rent issues etc.

For some reason, they chose not to go ahead with the takeover. Anyone know why the change of mind?
Hornets on 21:19 - Oct 12 with 1875 viewspioneer

Hornets on 19:25 - Oct 12 by Ninco

I seem to remember that when Hornets went out of business, before the new company was formed, there was a suggestion from a football club board member that the football club board take over the running of the rugby club, and run it more businesslike to make it work, and they felt that more football fans would go because there would be no conflict over rent issues etc.

For some reason, they chose not to go ahead with the takeover. Anyone know why the change of mind?

I think a fairly large proportion of their fans (still a very small number) expressed the view that they would rather see the club die than be run by the football club. It looks like they could be getting their wish.

Too many egos took over as everything became focussed on being a ‘member’. They dropped the towns name from the club and ditched the coat of arms for a cartoon character because according to one of them they didnt want on their shirt what also appeared on the towns dustbins.

Under their one member one vote principle it means someone looking to put lots of money into the club has no more say than someone paying onlythe annual membership fee, 20 quid I think. So meetings can turn into bun fights and the one bloke who did put in big bucks (in hornets terms) got frustrated at events and left. Similarly some of the recent board appointees had money to put in but resigned when they had no greater clout than the ‘20 pounders’.
Hornets on 06:18 - Oct 13 with 1735 viewshammerdale

Hornets on 21:19 - Oct 12 by pioneer

I think a fairly large proportion of their fans (still a very small number) expressed the view that they would rather see the club die than be run by the football club. It looks like they could be getting their wish.

Too many egos took over as everything became focussed on being a ‘member’. They dropped the towns name from the club and ditched the coat of arms for a cartoon character because according to one of them they didnt want on their shirt what also appeared on the towns dustbins.

Under their one member one vote principle it means someone looking to put lots of money into the club has no more say than someone paying onlythe annual membership fee, 20 quid I think. So meetings can turn into bun fights and the one bloke who did put in big bucks (in hornets terms) got frustrated at events and left. Similarly some of the recent board appointees had money to put in but resigned when they had no greater clout than the ‘20 pounders’.

You are correct, the member set up wanted nothing to do with the old regime and took life membership off former directors who had served the club well and put in considerable amounts of money. A couple of the principle players in the members dispute are so far up themselves, you don't know if they are talking through their mouth or their a**e
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024