Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our prime minister 11:51 - Sep 24 with 20811 viewsrochdaleriddler

After the ruling of the Supreme Court surely he has to resign? I’m not wanting to start a brexit post here. His actions have been ruled unlawful by our most senior court, not been a great few days coming after the revelations of his dalliance with the American woman

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Our prime minister on 17:31 - Oct 5 with 1840 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 17:07 - Oct 5 by rochdale_ranger

Apart from the economy might go down the pan I don’t recall him actually making a positive pro EU case. Ever.

I’ve made numerous positive EU posts. In particular about passporting in financial services and how American and Chinese firms investing here love it because it gives them instant access to the 500 million strong EU market.
I also refer to a FT article in this thread.
Ding, next.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 17:32]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Our prime minister on 17:36 - Oct 5 with 1826 viewsroccydaleian

Our prime minister on 17:27 - Oct 5 by BigDaveMyCock

Germany’s trade surplus in July 2019 alone was €21.4 billion. It will have absolutely no problem whatsoever finding another €9 billion annually.

So you really think the Germans are going to bank roll the EU unilaterally? Ha, ha, ha. Good one clever lad.
Our prime minister on 17:41 - Oct 5 with 1813 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 17:36 - Oct 5 by roccydaleian

So you really think the Germans are going to bank roll the EU unilaterally? Ha, ha, ha. Good one clever lad.

Mmmmm I’ve not said that have I?

Our prime minister on 17:45 - Oct 5 with 1807 viewsroccydaleian

Our prime minister on 17:41 - Oct 5 by BigDaveMyCock

Mmmmm I’ve not said that have I?

So how many other EU countries have a large enough trading surplus to help make up the deficit?
Our prime minister on 18:00 - Oct 5 with 1793 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 17:45 - Oct 5 by roccydaleian

So how many other EU countries have a large enough trading surplus to help make up the deficit?

I think you’re getting a bit confused. If, for example, Germany was to make up the deficit then that does not mean Germany will be unilaterally funding the EU as per your post. Rather, what will happen is Germany’s contributions will increase.
I suspect, however, the other 26 nations will all have their contributions increased but it will be weighted accordingly with Germany and France paying more.
Either way, they don’t seem to be making the same song and dance about it as you are. That’s because, relatively speaking of course, and Germany’s trade surplus for July indicates this, it’s not a huge amount of money. It’s certainly not worth risking the sanctity of the single market for.
You’ve also got to remember that if we leave we’re going to want access to the 500 million strong market and that will come at a cost.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 18:02]

Our prime minister on 18:33 - Oct 5 with 1761 viewsroccydaleian

Our prime minister on 18:00 - Oct 5 by BigDaveMyCock

I think you’re getting a bit confused. If, for example, Germany was to make up the deficit then that does not mean Germany will be unilaterally funding the EU as per your post. Rather, what will happen is Germany’s contributions will increase.
I suspect, however, the other 26 nations will all have their contributions increased but it will be weighted accordingly with Germany and France paying more.
Either way, they don’t seem to be making the same song and dance about it as you are. That’s because, relatively speaking of course, and Germany’s trade surplus for July indicates this, it’s not a huge amount of money. It’s certainly not worth risking the sanctity of the single market for.
You’ve also got to remember that if we leave we’re going to want access to the 500 million strong market and that will come at a cost.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 18:02]

Well seeing that sixteen countries take out more than they contribute, it’s gonna take some doing.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48256318
Our prime minister on 19:01 - Oct 5 with 1743 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 18:33 - Oct 5 by roccydaleian

Well seeing that sixteen countries take out more than they contribute, it’s gonna take some doing.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48256318

It really isn’t.

Our prime minister on 12:40 - Oct 8 with 1522 viewsdawlishdale

Our prime minister on 22:26 - Sep 30 by roccydaleian

You say the UK economy is set to fall into recession as if it’s a fact. Well according to some reports out today, it probably isn’t.
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-7520401/UK-recession-fears-l
Strangely enough I had the exact conversation in a pub before the game at OT last Wednesday, where I showed the person some figures and how the economy has been a bit distorted because of the uncertainty of Brexit. The person I was talking to, was talking ballox about Britain’s car manufacturing woes as well, blaming everything on Brexit even though some manufacturers themselves have said their problems aren’t Brexit related.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47287386

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49971853

Oh dear
Login to get fewer ads

Our prime minister on 11:59 - Oct 10 with 1359 viewsroccydaleian

Our prime minister on 12:40 - Oct 8 by dawlishdale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49971853

Oh dear

Oh dear indeed.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-49998074
Our prime minister on 12:22 - Oct 10 with 1337 viewsdawlishdale

Our prime minister on 11:59 - Oct 10 by roccydaleian

Oh dear indeed.

Oh dear indeed. I guess you haven't even bothered to read through the link you provided?

Whilst there was a growth in the construction industry (which is normal in August) and a bonus from the film and tv sector due to exports of UK made series sold all over the world, the facts remain that Manufacturing contracted by 0.7% and services (which is often heralded as the UK's great strength) was static.

The Bank of England says that growth has "lost momentum" and the economy is limping along due to Brexit, with the failure of firms investing in factories and new machines set to have long reaching implications

Senior economists, who had predicted a reasonable, but slower period of growth for the next couple of years are all downgrading their estimates .

A no-deal Brexit would be likely to throw the UK into a prolonged period of recession

These are all from the link you so kindly provided.

Fantastic news that we may escape a technical recession for the time being, but it's only papering over the cracks in the weakness of the overall economy...one that appears to be propped up by film and tv for the time being.

As I keep trying to say, Brexit is bad in the short and medium term for the UK's manufacturing and agricultural sectors....and a no deal Brexit is a disaster akin to turkeys voting for Xmas due to the WTO tariffs that we will face.
Our prime minister on 12:23 - Oct 10 with 1336 viewsAncoats_Blue

Our prime minister on 11:59 - Oct 10 by roccydaleian

Oh dear indeed.

?
Despite the headline "avoid recession" suggesting so that is not a positive article.

Predictive growth of 0% for Aug 19
Actual contraction of -0.1%
Our prime minister on 13:11 - Oct 10 with 1296 viewsroccydaleian

Our prime minister on 12:22 - Oct 10 by dawlishdale

Oh dear indeed. I guess you haven't even bothered to read through the link you provided?

Whilst there was a growth in the construction industry (which is normal in August) and a bonus from the film and tv sector due to exports of UK made series sold all over the world, the facts remain that Manufacturing contracted by 0.7% and services (which is often heralded as the UK's great strength) was static.

The Bank of England says that growth has "lost momentum" and the economy is limping along due to Brexit, with the failure of firms investing in factories and new machines set to have long reaching implications

Senior economists, who had predicted a reasonable, but slower period of growth for the next couple of years are all downgrading their estimates .

A no-deal Brexit would be likely to throw the UK into a prolonged period of recession

These are all from the link you so kindly provided.

Fantastic news that we may escape a technical recession for the time being, but it's only papering over the cracks in the weakness of the overall economy...one that appears to be propped up by film and tv for the time being.

As I keep trying to say, Brexit is bad in the short and medium term for the UK's manufacturing and agricultural sectors....and a no deal Brexit is a disaster akin to turkeys voting for Xmas due to the WTO tariffs that we will face.

You said the UK was entering a recession, I said it wasn't true. I was correct, you was wrong. Typical remoaner response though I suppose, can't accept the truth.
Our prime minister on 13:57 - Oct 10 with 1262 viewsAncoats_Blue

Our prime minister on 13:11 - Oct 10 by roccydaleian

You said the UK was entering a recession, I said it wasn't true. I was correct, you was wrong. Typical remoaner response though I suppose, can't accept the truth.

I admire ardent Brexiteers optimism on the economy but many economists reckon we are due a recession in the next 12 months and I think it's looking increasingly likely.

This reminds me of the tit for tat post-match arguments we hear this season.

Fan 1 "Dale are on track to get relegated this season"

Fan 2 "No they're not. Look at the table they're above the bottom 3".

Fan 1 "Yes but they haven't won in so long the momentum is lost. They're getting worse, not better. Their points-per-game is down so much they'd finish on 40 points or less if they don't improve. That'd see Dale relegated in the last 6 seasons"

Fan 2 "Yes but there are 4 teams worse than Dale"

Fan 1 "But those teams are currently in better form and picking up more points than Dale. If they catch Dale up then Dale will get relegated"

Fan 2 : But the table doesn't lie.
Our prime minister on 14:03 - Oct 10 with 1247 viewsroccydaleian

Our prime minister on 13:57 - Oct 10 by Ancoats_Blue

I admire ardent Brexiteers optimism on the economy but many economists reckon we are due a recession in the next 12 months and I think it's looking increasingly likely.

This reminds me of the tit for tat post-match arguments we hear this season.

Fan 1 "Dale are on track to get relegated this season"

Fan 2 "No they're not. Look at the table they're above the bottom 3".

Fan 1 "Yes but they haven't won in so long the momentum is lost. They're getting worse, not better. Their points-per-game is down so much they'd finish on 40 points or less if they don't improve. That'd see Dale relegated in the last 6 seasons"

Fan 2 "Yes but there are 4 teams worse than Dale"

Fan 1 "But those teams are currently in better form and picking up more points than Dale. If they catch Dale up then Dale will get relegated"

Fan 2 : But the table doesn't lie.

I'm not arguing about future economic predictions. I'm merely pointing out that Dawlish insisted the UK was going into recession, I pointed it out that he wasn't correct. I was right, whatever spin people put on it, the UK is not presently entering a recession. I was correct, it's as simple as that.
Our prime minister on 14:12 - Oct 10 with 1235 viewsdawlishdale

Our prime minister on 13:11 - Oct 10 by roccydaleian

As I have pointed out several times... I really don't want the UK economy to fall into recession. Just because i said something, does not make me want it to happen.

I actually said that as it's likely that the German economy would soon fall into recession, and that as our economy contracted by double their rate, we too were likely to fall into recession. I stand by that .

I'm delighted that, due to very strong TV show sales and movie sales income (which I hadn't factored in at all...so my bad) we haven't yet fallen into recession....however, I do stand by my assumption that we are almost certain to do so if we leave with a bad or no deal situation. This , of course won't become fact until several months following a withdrawal as the data is collected retrospectively.

I once again invite you to comment regarding all the highlighted points surrounding senior economists voicing their growing concerns about the economy post Brexit. Or are you happy the way it's going? Seeing as it was yourself that provided the link as a way of backing up your point; I assume you wholeheartedly agree with it's content?
Our prime minister on 15:09 - Oct 10 with 1195 viewsroccydaleian

Our prime minister on 14:12 - Oct 10 by dawlishdale

As I have pointed out several times... I really don't want the UK economy to fall into recession. Just because i said something, does not make me want it to happen.

I actually said that as it's likely that the German economy would soon fall into recession, and that as our economy contracted by double their rate, we too were likely to fall into recession. I stand by that .

I'm delighted that, due to very strong TV show sales and movie sales income (which I hadn't factored in at all...so my bad) we haven't yet fallen into recession....however, I do stand by my assumption that we are almost certain to do so if we leave with a bad or no deal situation. This , of course won't become fact until several months following a withdrawal as the data is collected retrospectively.

I once again invite you to comment regarding all the highlighted points surrounding senior economists voicing their growing concerns about the economy post Brexit. Or are you happy the way it's going? Seeing as it was yourself that provided the link as a way of backing up your point; I assume you wholeheartedly agree with it's content?

Are these the economists who said not joining the Euro Zone would be disaster for the UK economy? Are these the economists who didn't predict the banking crises? Are these the economists who said by even voting to leave the EU, eight hundred thousand jobs would be lost and Britain would go into recession? The truth is, they don't actually know. They can try and predict but they don't actually know. So I'll say again as I've said before, I think once we're out, after some probable initial turbulence, the UK is easily capable of prospering outside of the EU. I'll also predict when we do leave the EU will eventually collapse. So let's wait and see eh?
Our prime minister on 16:46 - Oct 10 with 1130 viewsfermin

Our prime minister on 15:09 - Oct 10 by roccydaleian

Are these the economists who said not joining the Euro Zone would be disaster for the UK economy? Are these the economists who didn't predict the banking crises? Are these the economists who said by even voting to leave the EU, eight hundred thousand jobs would be lost and Britain would go into recession? The truth is, they don't actually know. They can try and predict but they don't actually know. So I'll say again as I've said before, I think once we're out, after some probable initial turbulence, the UK is easily capable of prospering outside of the EU. I'll also predict when we do leave the EU will eventually collapse. So let's wait and see eh?

I don't really want to get involved in this debate, but this post reminded me of when I was at university many years ago an economics student joked to me that if you put 10 economists in a room you get 11 opinions. Other economist jokes here (to lighten the mood):

https://www.equities.com/news/a-look-at-some-of-the-best-jokes-about-economists
Our prime minister on 16:54 - Oct 10 with 1110 viewsdawlishdale

Our prime minister on 16:46 - Oct 10 by fermin

I don't really want to get involved in this debate, but this post reminded me of when I was at university many years ago an economics student joked to me that if you put 10 economists in a room you get 11 opinions. Other economist jokes here (to lighten the mood):

https://www.equities.com/news/a-look-at-some-of-the-best-jokes-about-economists

Indeed. Using a link to bolster your argument isn't very sensible especially when much of its content argues against what you are trying to prove !!!

Hopefully, my worries will be unfounded, and hopefully, everything will be as rosy as Roccy predicts. Time will tell I suppose.
Our prime minister on 17:01 - Oct 10 with 1104 views49thseason

Our new centre half is a fan of our Prime Minister!
Our prime minister on 17:47 - Oct 10 with 1084 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 16:54 - Oct 10 by dawlishdale

Indeed. Using a link to bolster your argument isn't very sensible especially when much of its content argues against what you are trying to prove !!!

Hopefully, my worries will be unfounded, and hopefully, everything will be as rosy as Roccy predicts. Time will tell I suppose.

THing is if it all turns out rosy, I will happily say I was wrong, if it turns into a disaster the brexit were will blame snowflakes, the EU, God etc

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024