Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our prime minister 11:51 - Sep 24 with 20806 viewsrochdaleriddler

After the ruling of the Supreme Court surely he has to resign? I’m not wanting to start a brexit post here. His actions have been ruled unlawful by our most senior court, not been a great few days coming after the revelations of his dalliance with the American woman

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Our prime minister on 20:45 - Sep 30 with 2204 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 20:29 - Sep 30 by BigDaveMyCock

All about self-interest, eh?

To you in particular:

No, it's about not wishing to engage with someone with such an utterly prejudiced view of those with a different opinion. Your words regarding Leave voters are on a similar level with racism or sexism - classifying people according to a specific characteristic

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to retract that view, but you haven't - instead you tried to make a clever remark, exacerbating it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Our prime minister on 20:54 - Sep 30 with 2178 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 20:45 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

To you in particular:

No, it's about not wishing to engage with someone with such an utterly prejudiced view of those with a different opinion. Your words regarding Leave voters are on a similar level with racism or sexism - classifying people according to a specific characteristic

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to retract that view, but you haven't - instead you tried to make a clever remark, exacerbating it

Of course it’s to me in particular, you responded to my post.
Is it cos you is a leaver?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 21:00]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Our prime minister on 22:11 - Sep 30 with 2097 viewsrochdale_ranger

To you in particular:

Racism is the new black. Embrace it.
Our prime minister on 22:26 - Sep 30 with 2077 viewsroccydaleian

Our prime minister on 20:18 - Sep 30 by dawlishdale

Germany isn't yet in recession, the economy having shrunk by 0.1% in the last quarter, following a growth the quarter before. True; it's likely to fall into recession soon, but seeing as the UK economy contracted by double the rate of the German economy, and is also set to fall into recession, I don't understand your point, as we are, according to Government data, doing twice as poorly as the Germans, despite the huge fall in the value of the £, which should have been a massive boost to exporters, but isn't.

The whole of Europe is seeing a negative effect from the protracted and totally humiliating Brexit negotiations, which are causing havoc for all of UK manufacturing industires.

Lord help us if we leave with no deal and have to rely on WTO terms. Prepare for a national outcry when people actually realise what they have done, and what they were never told . And that's without mentioning the N Ireland border mess, which could wreck the Good Friday agreement and bring a return to terrorist activities.

This is why the whole Brexit debate has no winners and losers... for every positive, there are negatives, and vice versa. It's a bloody mess, and one we should never have been taken into.

You say the UK economy is set to fall into recession as if it’s a fact. Well according to some reports out today, it probably isn’t.
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-7520401/UK-recession-fears-l
Strangely enough I had the exact conversation in a pub before the game at OT last Wednesday, where I showed the person some figures and how the economy has been a bit distorted because of the uncertainty of Brexit. The person I was talking to, was talking ballox about Britain’s car manufacturing woes as well, blaming everything on Brexit even though some manufacturers themselves have said their problems aren’t Brexit related.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47287386
Our prime minister on 22:47 - Sep 30 with 2046 viewsEllGazzell

Our prime minister on 11:21 - Sep 30 by 49thseason

And you dare to accuse me of cut and pastig without knowlede of the subject ... I give you facts, can you now present your so-called benefits that outweigh them and then we can debate their relative merits? Simply accusing others without producing the details of your own argument is puerile nonsense. Mind you I expected little else.

You're wrong where you repeated what you read on the internet about the "German Car Industry", and I can fully quantify my assertion:

2 days a week I teach, English, in a tier-two automotive supply chain company. Anything VW ([sub]group(s)), Daimler, BMW produced in the last 8-11 years, depending on manufacturer, contains varying percentages of their 'stuff'.

The German automotive industry is switching from combustion-technology to electrotechnology. The burn rate on R&D investment, facility adaption etc. etc. is mind-boggling.

As part of my companies translation and proofreading service, last month, I oversaw, from an English language perspective, a document outlining the confidentiality agreement pertaining to future (and existing) technologies.

Projects which have been running for 3 years (of 6) are being extended currently and the FPIF contracts are all being upgraded (higher output/more demand).

Based on my knowledge from a company rooted in this industry, I can put forth my view that the German Automotive industry is going through a tough time, but the amount of it influenced/caused by Brexit is negligible. You've (all) been waiting for the "German Car Industry" to come running/pushing Merkl for a free trade deal/bla bla deal since vote day, but I'm afraid you're way off.

Deal or no deal, they don't give a fúck - deal = relative continuation, no deal = competing on a level playing field with the rest of the world's manufacturers who, cannot now in the days of combustion and will not in the future of electro, be able to compete with ze Germans.

Unless you decide to start walking to work or taking a bicycle... or buy a British car...

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Our prime minister on 07:49 - Oct 1 with 1897 viewsBigDaveMyCock

To you in particular:

Wanting to leave the EU is an opinion. It’s not a ‘characteristic’. To liken the criticism you receive for that opinion, criticism you rightly give the other way I may add, to being a victim of racism or sexism is quite frankly embarrassing.
Your post is an example of playing the victim card par excellence.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 7:51]

Our prime minister on 08:08 - Oct 1 with 1881 views_Windydale

Good argument for leave.

Our prime minister on 08:28 - Oct 1 with 1850 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 07:49 - Oct 1 by BigDaveMyCock

Wanting to leave the EU is an opinion. It’s not a ‘characteristic’. To liken the criticism you receive for that opinion, criticism you rightly give the other way I may add, to being a victim of racism or sexism is quite frankly embarrassing.
Your post is an example of playing the victim card par excellence.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 7:51]

A retraction, rather than more struggling blather, is all you need to do

Login to get fewer ads

Our prime minister on 12:40 - Oct 1 with 1736 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 08:28 - Oct 1 by D_Alien

A retraction, rather than more struggling blather, is all you need to do

I don’t need to do fook all.
However, I’ve written a song for you instead. A song of struggle.

It goes something like this.

Cause, cause, cause I remember when we used sit...
in Wetherspoons back yard in town.
...good Prime Minister we have, oh good Prime Ministers we’ve lost along the way.

No Brexit, I’m gonna cry
No Brexit, I’m gonna cry
No Brexit, I’m gonna cry
Noooo Brexit, I’m gonna cry

...said, said, said I remember when we used to sit...
in Wetherspoons back yard in town
Good Prime Minister we have, oh good Prime Ministers we’ve lost along the way.

(Altogether now)

Everything’s turned out shite
Everything’s turned out shire

No Brexit, I’m gonna cry.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 12:58]

Our prime minister on 14:06 - Oct 1 with 1660 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 12:40 - Oct 1 by BigDaveMyCock

I don’t need to do fook all.
However, I’ve written a song for you instead. A song of struggle.

It goes something like this.

Cause, cause, cause I remember when we used sit...
in Wetherspoons back yard in town.
...good Prime Minister we have, oh good Prime Ministers we’ve lost along the way.

No Brexit, I’m gonna cry
No Brexit, I’m gonna cry
No Brexit, I’m gonna cry
Noooo Brexit, I’m gonna cry

...said, said, said I remember when we used to sit...
in Wetherspoons back yard in town
Good Prime Minister we have, oh good Prime Ministers we’ve lost along the way.

(Altogether now)

Everything’s turned out shire

No Brexit, I’m gonna cry.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 12:58]

Excellent

In the space of the past 3 days, i've had my posts compared with Franz Kafka, Oscar Wilde & Raymond Chandler, and now i've had a special song composed in my honour

Keep it up lads

[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 14:10]

Our prime minister on 14:45 - Oct 1 with 1619 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 14:06 - Oct 1 by D_Alien

Excellent

In the space of the past 3 days, i've had my posts compared with Franz Kafka, Oscar Wilde & Raymond Chandler, and now i've had a special song composed in my honour

Keep it up lads

[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 14:10]

Alright, I fooking will.

Here’s another one for you, you oppressed flower you.

Sometimes it’s hard to be a leaver.
Believing it’s about kippers from the Isle of Man.
We had good times before May’s redlines and
Remainers keep saying things we don’t understand.
But if you love him you’ll believe him.
Even though he gave that yank he fooked a hundred grand.
Let’s hope the Queen will forgive him.
Even though he’s got a wandering hand, cause after all Boris is your man.
Stand by your man.
Give him two journalists to cling on to.
Stand by your man
Because he’s got a fantastic trade deal with Nauru.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 15:05]

Our prime minister on 15:02 - Oct 1 with 1582 viewsD_Alien

To continue the real debate:

Here's an interesting excerpt from an article i've just been reading in the Sunday Times. It's written in his regular column in the Business Section (pg 4) by the highly respected and experienced US economist and business advisor, Irwin Selzer, whose balanced views make him a must-read. This week, it was about comparisons between Boris Johnson & Donald Trump

I'll quote just two paragraphs:

"Both countries are facing man-made trauma. In Britain, the prime minister is creating uncertainty by insisting he will somehow carry out the expressed will of the people, and by October 31, even if he cannot get a deal with the EU. Trump is creating uncertainty with his trade-policy-by-tweet, with the prospect of a settlement alternating with grim news about the impossibility of a deal with the perfidious Chinese almost hourly.

Both have powerful, self-interested opponents. The EU bureaucrats have a strong incentive to leave Britain worse off after Brexit lest other countries, especially those lumbered with Germany's favourite currency, the euro, see the virtues of abandoning the organisation that pays their salaries."

Now, it's not a matter of whether he's right on every single point (and there's a lot more in the full article). For instance, the initial point around "creating uncertainty" by the two leaders doesn't take into account the wider uncertainty caused by delay and three and half years of political fudge. Interesting to note that he knows how to use the expression "self-interest" though (at the start of the second paragraph) in the full knowledge that intelligent readers will understand what he means by the expression in it's context

Our prime minister on 15:50 - Oct 1 with 1526 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 08:08 - Oct 1 by _Windydale

Good argument for leave.

Would we get better outcomes if we only let property owners vote or made IQ testing mandatory for voters?
Our prime minister on 16:46 - Oct 1 with 1497 viewsrdale39

Who would have thought !! the 2006 cult sci-fi comedy "Idiocracy" was to become a world goverment Blueprint .
Our prime minister on 16:51 - Oct 1 with 1492 viewsrdale39

Hard to argue with people who only know 'reeeeeeee' and racism.
Our prime minister on 20:01 - Oct 3 with 1257 viewsoff2div1

Our prime minister on 21:24 - Oct 4 with 1105 viewsrochdale_ranger

It’s been announced that an extension will be asked for if a deal hasn’t been reached by the 31st. So much for dying in a ditch. Also reported that there has been secret meeting with Hungary and they have been asked by the government to veto the extension. Read into that what you will.
Our prime minister on 21:32 - Oct 4 with 1090 viewssoulboy

Our prime minister on 21:24 - Oct 4 by rochdale_ranger

It’s been announced that an extension will be asked for if a deal hasn’t been reached by the 31st. So much for dying in a ditch. Also reported that there has been secret meeting with Hungary and they have been asked by the government to veto the extension. Read into that what you will.

What do expect from a compulsive liar?
Our prime minister on 21:50 - Oct 4 with 1060 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 21:32 - Oct 4 by soulboy

I don’t put much faith in any politician. Looks like a wider strategy of getting an election on. I think he’ll win in a general election aswell.
Our prime minister on 21:56 - Oct 4 with 1057 viewsmingthemerciless

Our prime minister on 21:50 - Oct 4 by rochdale_ranger

I don’t put much faith in any politician. Looks like a wider strategy of getting an election on. I think he’ll win in a general election aswell.

If the Tories and the Brexit Party are still competing for the Brexit vote Johnson's on a loser.
Our prime minister on 22:02 - Oct 4 with 1054 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 21:56 - Oct 4 by mingthemerciless

If the Tories and the Brexit Party are still competing for the Brexit vote Johnson's on a loser.

I think the Brexit party will be swept into irrelevance now we have a euro sceptic government, or they will form a pac.
Our prime minister on 07:57 - Oct 5 with 942 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 21:32 - Oct 4 by soulboy

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that, similar to Bury fans, Brexiteers actually want to be lied to. Like Stewie Day, Boris tickles bellies. I just can’t quite believe how many roll over with bellies protruding.
If that’s what they want to do then fair enough I suppose, just don’t be surprised, shocked, angry and/or disappointed when the reality of the lies end up being errrrrrr lies.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 9:32]

Our prime minister on 11:49 - Oct 5 with 852 viewsroccydaleian

Our prime minister on 07:57 - Oct 5 by BigDaveMyCock

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that, similar to Bury fans, Brexiteers actually want to be lied to. Like Stewie Day, Boris tickles bellies. I just can’t quite believe how many roll over with bellies protruding.
If that’s what they want to do then fair enough I suppose, just don’t be surprised, shocked, angry and/or disappointed when the reality of the lies end up being errrrrrr lies.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 9:32]

Actually, bury fans are very much like remoaners, not accepting the inevitable and trying every dirty trick in the book to try and stop the inevitable from happening. They lost the battle eventually, and so will the Remoaners.
Our prime minister on 12:00 - Oct 5 with 840 views49thseason

Our prime minister on 21:24 - Oct 4 by rochdale_ranger

Not much of a "secret meeting" if everyone knows about it . Maybe just another layer of disinformation to put the wind up the EU negotiators?
Our prime minister on 12:28 - Oct 5 with 825 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 11:49 - Oct 5 by roccydaleian

Actually, bury fans are very much like remoaners, not accepting the inevitable and trying every dirty trick in the book to try and stop the inevitable from happening. They lost the battle eventually, and so will the Remoaners.

Yeah, dirty filthy tricks like Parliament and the law of the land.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024