Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our prime minister 11:51 - Sep 24 with 20660 viewsrochdaleriddler

After the ruling of the Supreme Court surely he has to resign? I’m not wanting to start a brexit post here. His actions have been ruled unlawful by our most senior court, not been a great few days coming after the revelations of his dalliance with the American woman

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Our prime minister on 13:11 - Sep 24 with 1517 viewsjudd

" Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s turbulent path to Downing Street, serial philandering and ethical sloppiness became part of his schtick, blots on a career so chaotic and beguiling that the British public always seemed to forgive the mistakes."

I absolutely love this summation.

Not sure if BJ was a married man and in a position of trust at the time of the alleged dalliance with the blonde, but hey ho.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Our prime minister on 13:12 - Sep 24 with 1500 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 13:11 - Sep 24 by judd

" Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s turbulent path to Downing Street, serial philandering and ethical sloppiness became part of his schtick, blots on a career so chaotic and beguiling that the British public always seemed to forgive the mistakes."

Not sure if BJ was a married man and in a position of trust at the time of the alleged dalliance with the blonde, but hey ho.

A bit of a night mayor
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 13:13]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Our prime minister on 13:13 - Sep 24 with 1518 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 13:11 - Sep 24 by judd

He was mayor of London and took her on trade missions she wasn’t eligible to be on!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Our prime minister on 13:14 - Sep 24 with 1506 viewsmingthemerciless

Only one thing for Boris to do now- appeal to the European Court Of Human Rights ! Just heard him waffling on the radio as though nothing has happened ! Somebody needs to hand him the glass of whiskey and the petal handled revolver.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 13:21]
Our prime minister on 13:16 - Sep 24 with 1481 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 13:13 - Sep 24 by rochdaleriddler

He was mayor of London and took her on trade missions she wasn’t eligible to be on!

She was eligible to be on them, but whether she was eligible for the resulting funding is a different matter

Our prime minister on 13:16 - Sep 24 with 1476 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 13:14 - Sep 24 by mingthemerciless

Only one thing for Boris to do now- appeal to the European Court Of Human Rights ! Just heard him waffling on the radio as though nothing has happened ! Somebody needs to hand him the glass of whiskey and the petal handled revolver.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 13:21]

The case isn't eligible to be taken to that court

Our prime minister on 13:16 - Sep 24 with 1487 viewsjudd

Our prime minister on 13:13 - Sep 24 by rochdaleriddler

"Took her on trade missions"

Is that a bit like stag do's?

Our prime minister on 13:18 - Sep 24 with 1465 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 13:16 - Sep 24 by judd

According to BBM, the players celebrating after the draw was made against ManU was like a stag do

The mind boggles

Login to get fewer ads

Our prime minister on 13:25 - Sep 24 with 1448 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 13:16 - Sep 24 by D_Alien

She was eligible to be on them, but whether she was eligible for the resulting funding is a different matter

Was she though? He hadn’t declared their relationship, and any potential conflict of interest

Our prime minister on 13:26 - Sep 24 with 1441 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 13:16 - Sep 24 by judd

There may be toys involved

Our prime minister on 13:27 - Sep 24 with 1435 viewssoulboy

Just watched the interview with Johnson on the BBC news, unbelievable! Is he that thick skinned or just as thick as two short planks?
Our prime minister on 13:27 - Sep 24 with 1419 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 13:25 - Sep 24 by rochdaleriddler

Was she though? He hadn’t declared their relationship, and any potential conflict of interest

A fair point

She was, at the time, a legitimate businesswoman and eligible to be included on the trade mission

There were other emissions that weren't taken into account

Our prime minister on 13:34 - Sep 24 with 1405 viewsmingthemerciless

Our prime minister on 13:16 - Sep 24 by D_Alien

The case isn't eligible to be taken to that court

I know, I was being sarcastic.
Our prime minister on 13:50 - Sep 24 with 1361 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 13:34 - Sep 24 by mingthemerciless

I know, I was being sarcastic.

Fair enough, but there's been plenty of similar comments in the media by those who weren't aware of it not being eligible, and for the purposes of clarity, i replied

Our prime minister on 14:28 - Sep 24 with 1321 viewselectricblue

Our prime minister on 13:27 - Sep 24 by soulboy

Just watched the interview with Johnson on the BBC news, unbelievable! Is he that thick skinned or just as thick as two short planks?

Or just plain ignorant.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Our prime minister on 15:11 - Sep 24 with 1273 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 13:27 - Sep 24 by soulboy

I’m becoming more and more convinced that he’s actually way out of his depth. He’s said that the Court’s decision will make getting a deal more difficult (very questionable). That infers that the real reason he suspended Parliament was indeed Brexit. He’s confirming the Court’s Judgement. He then, however, says that he disagrees with the Court’s Judgment. Boris, the only way you can do that is to insist that your suspension of Parliament had nothing to do with Brexit.
It’s becoming increasingly apparent every time he opens his mouth why the Court found the way it did and why the Judges were unanimous.
You can’t have it both ways Boris. You can’t insist that your decision to suspend Parliament was nothing to do with Brexit but then bemoan the recalling of Parliament as a hindrance to Brexit.
He seems to want to have the right to lie, and because the reason is Brexit then that’s somehow alright.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 15:19]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Our prime minister on 15:13 - Sep 24 with 1262 viewsjudd

Our prime minister on 15:11 - Sep 24 by BigDaveMyCock

I’m becoming more and more convinced that he’s actually way out of his depth. He’s said that the Court’s decision will make getting a deal more difficult (very questionable). That infers that the real reason he suspended Parliament was indeed Brexit. He’s confirming the Court’s Judgement. He then, however, says that he disagrees with the Court’s Judgment. Boris, the only way you can do that is to insist that your suspension of Parliament had nothing to do with Brexit.
It’s becoming increasingly apparent every time he opens his mouth why the Court found the way it did and why the Judges were unanimous.
You can’t have it both ways Boris. You can’t insist that your decision to suspend Parliament was nothing to do with Brexit but then bemoan the recalling of Parliament as a hindrance to Brexit.
He seems to want to have the right to lie, and because the reason is Brexit then that’s somehow alright.

Well whatever it takes to get us out off of that stupid fookin Eurovision is fine by me.

And who the fook is Simon Cowell to judge?

Eh?

Our prime minister on 15:25 - Sep 24 with 1226 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 15:11 - Sep 24 by BigDaveMyCock

I don't think there's any doubt - by anyone - as to why he took the decision to prorogue parliament

If however, he'd (quite legitimately) called for a parliamentary recess to allow for the usual party conferences and then a Queen's speech i doubt anyone would've batted an eyelid

It was the unnecessary length of the prorogation that caused the legal challenge, not the reason for it. The Supreme Court only adjudicated that the action was unlawful by dint of preventing parliamentary scrutiny due to the length of the prorogation. To have adjudicated that the action was unlawful due to the reason for it would've been to overstep into the realm of politics, which it was very careful not to do (unlike the Scottish court)
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 15:26]

Our prime minister on 15:26 - Sep 24 with 1228 viewsDaleiLama

Our prime minister on 15:13 - Sep 24 by judd

Well whatever it takes to get us out off of that stupid fookin Eurovision is fine by me.

And who the fook is Simon Cowell to judge?

Eh?

Next Eurovision entry?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Our prime minister on 16:27 - Sep 24 with 1162 viewsEllGazzell

Our prime minister on 13:12 - Sep 24 by D_Alien

A bit of a night mayor
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 13:13]

We have a night mayor here in a place that is not there - thank god it's not bojo.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Our prime minister on 16:48 - Sep 24 with 1122 viewsnordenblue

Our prime minister on 13:18 - Sep 24 by D_Alien

According to BBM, the players celebrating after the draw was made against ManU was like a stag do

The mind boggles

I've heard apparently there's a few at the club partial to a good stag do,so that would have gone down a storm. They might even need to book an extra room for them all...
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 16:51]
Our prime minister on 17:31 - Sep 24 with 1063 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 15:25 - Sep 24 by D_Alien

I don't think there's any doubt - by anyone - as to why he took the decision to prorogue parliament

If however, he'd (quite legitimately) called for a parliamentary recess to allow for the usual party conferences and then a Queen's speech i doubt anyone would've batted an eyelid

It was the unnecessary length of the prorogation that caused the legal challenge, not the reason for it. The Supreme Court only adjudicated that the action was unlawful by dint of preventing parliamentary scrutiny due to the length of the prorogation. To have adjudicated that the action was unlawful due to the reason for it would've been to overstep into the realm of politics, which it was very careful not to do (unlike the Scottish court)
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 15:26]

Preventing scrutiny vis-a-vis Brexit and it was this that led them to the conclusion that the prorogation was unlawful, that is, it wasn’t for the reasons he provided. Boris’s position has always been that the prorogation had nothing to do with stopping Brexit scrutiny. By logic then he can’t say that recalling Parliament will hinder Brexit. In doing so, he’s admitting that the prorogation was to stop Parliament scrutiny of Brexit. He’s contradicting himself massively. The only way he can disagree with the Court’s Judgement is by sticking to his assertion that it had nothing to do with Brexit.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 17:35]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Our prime minister on 18:01 - Sep 24 with 1026 viewsCrede_Sign0

Our prime minister on 12:39 - Sep 24 by rod_leach

I accidentally clicked up not down, so your post should be on -2 now.

You don't agree with the rule of law or the sovereignty of Parilament then? If he could prorogue for 5 weeks legally, what's to stop any PM proroging for 2 years and just ruling via the executive, cutting out the representatives of the people?

Are they basically saying the length of time requested must be proportionate to the reasoning given in advising for/requesting prorogation?
Maybe if Boris and Jacob had submitted 500 pages of horse shit to support and explain’ their reasoning to request a longer than usual closure - it would have worked.
With no constitutional legal length of time stated anywhere for the max period that that can be reasonably asked for to prepare for a queens speech - then to my mind a paper that supported the reasoning would have been very difficult to take apart. The overwhelming ruling comes because Boris and Jacob provided FA. I’d love know what has been provided in the past at the ending of parliament and before a legal prorogation prior to the Queens Speech - what supporting evidence or docs has made all the other prorogation’s ok?
It would have been really interesting what the outcome would have been had Boris and Jacob submitted something in support of the extended closure. Submitting nothing and asking for 5 weeks not cricket........ would have providing something and asking for 3 weeks say have been game on?
Our prime minister on 18:51 - Sep 24 with 980 viewsjonesy

I think it is brilliant. Keep everything dragging on and make businesses really confused. Hope trade goes downhill as a result. Hope Corbyn becomes PM! Or Swinson! Hope the country remains a laughing stock round the world. Hope the country continues it’s plummet into the mire. What a crap country we live in! Still,we’ve got the media to keep telling us what a fantastic country we are. It is for the establishment. They won’t give the people another chance to express themselves.
Our prime minister on 18:52 - Sep 24 with 978 viewsrochdale_ranger

Should Brexit not happen or we end up with Brexit in name only will there be any point in voting for anything ever again?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024