Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our prime minister 11:51 - Sep 24 with 20692 viewsrochdaleriddler

After the ruling of the Supreme Court surely he has to resign? I’m not wanting to start a brexit post here. His actions have been ruled unlawful by our most senior court, not been a great few days coming after the revelations of his dalliance with the American woman

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Our prime minister on 21:42 - Sep 24 with 1258 views49thseason

Our prime minister on 12:32 - Sep 24 by rochdaleriddler

He broke the law

No, he didn't, there is no "law" about the proroguing of Parliament, like Your "Chairman Corbyn" you have accused the Prime Minister of something he has not done.
The Queen prorogues Parliament. The Prime Minister based on advice from the Attorney General asked for 4 weeks for party conferences and 5 days for the preparation of the Queen's speech to open a new session of Parliament, normally these actions would be separated by the Summer recess and thought unremarkable. The two were combined because the dates of party conferences were already agreed and as a new Government and Prime Minister, the Queen must introduce her Governments business to Parliament.
The decision to declare this "unlawful" was carefully worded to prevent anyone from calling it illegal (which is what you have just done), It would seem that the Queen's advisors, though cognisant of what was being said in Parliament in the week leading up to the decision to prorogue, could not advise against the prorogation and the Queen accepted the Prime ministers request at face value. Unlawful means "not authorised by law" Illegal means "forbidden by law" the differences are subtle but important.

There is no requirement for Boris to resign, indeed you might argue that using the law to decide a matter on behalf of Parliament sets a very dangerous precedent and has effectively thrown the country into the biggest constitutional crisis in 400 years. The matter could be easily decided by a General Election but Corbyn knows he will be wiped out if he tries to stop Brexit before the end of October and consequently wants to wait until after the 31st October on which date we "legally" leave the EU.

It has been an interesting piece of theatre but all that has been achieved is for millions of people to become more aware of the depth of the UK swamp. Boris has now got a decision to make. Note, there is no forfeit attached to this judgement, it is an opinion and nothing more than an opinion. If he(Boris) decides to bow to this judgement he may well destroy the constitutional monarchy which implies huge further constitutional change as a result. If he ignores it, he upholds the constitutional monarchy as it stands. I know the left hate the monarchy but I'm not sure this is the way to try and abolish it. Corbyn is really in no better a place than Boris over this if the people are forced to choose between the Queen and Corbyn, I fear it will not go well for him.

"The Supreme Court ruled that it did have the power to rule on this matter. But so what? It was none of its business. It does not become its business just because the Supreme Court says it is"... Andrew Lilico Daily Telegraph.

Finally, isnt it interesting that Remainers were irate that millions of elderly people voted to leave the EU but are delighted when a bunch of very elderly Judges come to a conclusion that they approve of?
Our prime minister on 21:43 - Sep 24 with 1255 viewsnordenblue

Our prime minister on 21:38 - Sep 24 by rochdaleriddler

If you have better things to do why are you on here making party political comments, and then say you ain’t bothered and are planning to ‘fuq off’ most of JC’s constituents think he is doing a great job, must all be children I guess, or maybe they just see through all the attacks on him

"All the attacks on him"...aww bless, they must all be telling nasty tales about the poor man

I'm sure I said I've better things to do than protest or write to my MP, rather than actually post on this topic, don't let the facts get in the way though you're telling a lovely story please carry on....tell me more about this JC messiah like figure you've mentioned?
Our prime minister on 21:48 - Sep 24 with 1231 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 21:41 - Sep 24 by soulboy

What a ridiculous sweeping statement.

Literally everything corbyn and co have said/come out with recently. Not a sweeping statement. Google it all. By the way it’s nearly 2020 not 1920 nobody wears cloth caps.
Our prime minister on 21:48 - Sep 24 with 1224 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 20:30 - Sep 24 by jonesy

I think we are turning into a banana republic. Oops. Can I say that?

No, I think we’re turning into a big Wetherspoons in Stoke.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Our prime minister on 21:58 - Sep 24 with 1186 viewsmingthemerciless

Our prime minister on 21:42 - Sep 24 by 49thseason

No, he didn't, there is no "law" about the proroguing of Parliament, like Your "Chairman Corbyn" you have accused the Prime Minister of something he has not done.
The Queen prorogues Parliament. The Prime Minister based on advice from the Attorney General asked for 4 weeks for party conferences and 5 days for the preparation of the Queen's speech to open a new session of Parliament, normally these actions would be separated by the Summer recess and thought unremarkable. The two were combined because the dates of party conferences were already agreed and as a new Government and Prime Minister, the Queen must introduce her Governments business to Parliament.
The decision to declare this "unlawful" was carefully worded to prevent anyone from calling it illegal (which is what you have just done), It would seem that the Queen's advisors, though cognisant of what was being said in Parliament in the week leading up to the decision to prorogue, could not advise against the prorogation and the Queen accepted the Prime ministers request at face value. Unlawful means "not authorised by law" Illegal means "forbidden by law" the differences are subtle but important.

There is no requirement for Boris to resign, indeed you might argue that using the law to decide a matter on behalf of Parliament sets a very dangerous precedent and has effectively thrown the country into the biggest constitutional crisis in 400 years. The matter could be easily decided by a General Election but Corbyn knows he will be wiped out if he tries to stop Brexit before the end of October and consequently wants to wait until after the 31st October on which date we "legally" leave the EU.

It has been an interesting piece of theatre but all that has been achieved is for millions of people to become more aware of the depth of the UK swamp. Boris has now got a decision to make. Note, there is no forfeit attached to this judgement, it is an opinion and nothing more than an opinion. If he(Boris) decides to bow to this judgement he may well destroy the constitutional monarchy which implies huge further constitutional change as a result. If he ignores it, he upholds the constitutional monarchy as it stands. I know the left hate the monarchy but I'm not sure this is the way to try and abolish it. Corbyn is really in no better a place than Boris over this if the people are forced to choose between the Queen and Corbyn, I fear it will not go well for him.

"The Supreme Court ruled that it did have the power to rule on this matter. But so what? It was none of its business. It does not become its business just because the Supreme Court says it is"... Andrew Lilico Daily Telegraph.

Finally, isnt it interesting that Remainers were irate that millions of elderly people voted to leave the EU but are delighted when a bunch of very elderly Judges come to a conclusion that they approve of?

Any, and I mean any, previous Prime Minster would have tendered his or her resignation by now.
Our prime minister on 22:00 - Sep 24 with 1176 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 21:58 - Sep 24 by mingthemerciless

Any, and I mean any, previous Prime Minster would have tendered his or her resignation by now.

Who would you like to replace him?
Our prime minister on 22:05 - Sep 24 with 1155 viewsjudd

Our prime minister on 21:58 - Sep 24 by mingthemerciless

Every and I mean every Prime Minister clings on to power like an old man and this years model.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Our prime minister on 22:05 - Sep 24 with 1155 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 21:42 - Sep 24 by 49thseason

Hmm, I don’t have a chairman, I’m not a member of any political party. The purpose of suspending parliament was to silence it, nothing to do with conferences and queen’s speeches. That is the Court’s view. If the tories hadn’t introduced the fixed term parliament act, we would be having an election v shortly, I hope Corbyn keeps his nerve, and doesn’t call for one, I want The tories to fully own this debacle right to the end. If the brexiteers had backed May we would already be out!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Our prime minister on 22:16 - Sep 24 with 1119 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 22:05 - Sep 24 by judd

Every and I mean every Prime Minister clings on to power like an old man and this years model.

Call me Dave didn’t

Our prime minister on 22:16 - Sep 24 with 1118 viewsmingthemerciless

Our prime minister on 22:00 - Sep 24 by rochdale_ranger

Who would you like to replace him?

Yep but not with another Tory. In the old days the senior suits in the Tory Party would have had a PM who unlawfully advised the Queen walking the plank by now. It shows just how far they've sunk over recent years.
Our prime minister on 22:17 - Sep 24 with 1114 viewsjudd

Our prime minister on 22:16 - Sep 24 by rochdaleriddler

Call me Dave didn’t

Well a faint heart never fooked a pig

Poll: What is it to be then?

Our prime minister on 22:28 - Sep 24 with 1084 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 21:48 - Sep 24 by rochdale_ranger

Literally everything corbyn and co have said/come out with recently. Not a sweeping statement. Google it all. By the way it’s nearly 2020 not 1920 nobody wears cloth caps.

Talking of Wetherspoons, the Regal Moon is Rochdale Cloth Cap Central

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Our prime minister on 22:33 - Sep 24 with 1074 viewssoulboy

Our prime minister on 21:37 - Sep 24 by nordenblue

I've never mentioned Boris nor the judges, nothing like changing the direction of your point though, well done on that. You'd make a good partner in crime to that shitbag Steptoe lookalike chap with them sort of tricks

I'll take that as a compliment, thanks.
Our prime minister on 22:40 - Sep 24 with 1043 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 22:28 - Sep 24 by D_Alien

Talking of Wetherspoons, the Regal Moon is Rochdale Cloth Cap Central

I blame peaky blinders. Terrible fashion faux pas
Our prime minister on 22:41 - Sep 24 with 1042 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 21:48 - Sep 24 by rochdale_ranger

Lots of people wearing them, I had one in myself on Saturday , mind you I was in a peaky blinders bar in Tynemouth at the time

Our prime minister on 22:42 - Sep 24 with 1035 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 22:40 - Sep 24 by rochdale_ranger

I blame peaky blinders. Terrible fashion faux pas

Not when the cloth cap is the most fashionable item of attire on show. And the cleanest

Our prime minister on 22:46 - Sep 24 with 1027 views49thseason

Hmm.... It all going wrong for Boris ... Oh!

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 37% (-)
LAB: 22% (-3)
LDEM: 17% (+1)
BREX: 12% (-1)
GRN: 4% (-)
Our prime minister on 22:47 - Sep 24 with 1018 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 22:46 - Sep 24 by 49thseason

Hmm.... It all going wrong for Boris ... Oh!

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 37% (-)
LAB: 22% (-3)
LDEM: 17% (+1)
BREX: 12% (-1)
GRN: 4% (-)

There's plenty would like to see a hung parliament

Our prime minister on 01:04 - Sep 25 with 945 viewskiwidale

Our prime minister on 21:22 - Sep 24 by soulboy

The cloth cap tories are out in force tonight!

So are the ragged trousered philanthropists.

This is not the time for bickering.

Our prime minister on 08:00 - Sep 25 with 855 viewsnordenblue

Our prime minister on 21:14 - Sep 24 by soulboy

Theres nothing more surprising than a grown adult. Just look how many of them voted for this shower. As far as trust goes, eleven top judges thought he lied, or wouldn't you trust them to run a bath either?.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 21:21]

Eyy that would be fair, if reports are to be believed with alleged 10 of the 11 remainers the outcome was hardly a surprise either.

Let's get rid of the current crop and bang your boy JC in he's always been known to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, perfecto
Our prime minister on 08:11 - Sep 25 with 846 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 08:00 - Sep 25 by nordenblue

Eyy that would be fair, if reports are to be believed with alleged 10 of the 11 remainers the outcome was hardly a surprise either.

Let's get rid of the current crop and bang your boy JC in he's always been known to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, perfecto

Who is alleging the judges are remainers, and how would they know? And this issue isn’t about Brexit so why would it matter?

Our prime minister on 08:43 - Sep 25 with 812 viewsDaleFan7

Our prime minister on 22:05 - Sep 24 by rochdaleriddler

Hmm, I don’t have a chairman, I’m not a member of any political party. The purpose of suspending parliament was to silence it, nothing to do with conferences and queen’s speeches. That is the Court’s view. If the tories hadn’t introduced the fixed term parliament act, we would be having an election v shortly, I hope Corbyn keeps his nerve, and doesn’t call for one, I want The tories to fully own this debacle right to the end. If the brexiteers had backed May we would already be out!

The court didn't comment on the reasons for him proroguing parliament.
Our prime minister on 08:49 - Sep 25 with 810 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 08:43 - Sep 25 by DaleFan7

The court didn't comment on the reasons for him proroguing parliament.

The denial has begun.

Our prime minister on 08:52 - Sep 25 with 807 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 08:00 - Sep 25 by nordenblue

10 of the 11 remainers?
I’ve got a good tip for you. Stop believing everything you read and you won’t be so angry and disappointed when it turns out to be a load of bollox.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 8:53]

Our prime minister on 08:54 - Sep 25 with 803 viewsDaleFan7

Our prime minister on 08:49 - Sep 25 by BigDaveMyCock

The denial has begun.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong in my statement, if you can show me a quote from them that has commented on it?

I'm not saying that wasn't the reason for it. I'm saying the Supreme Court didn't comment on it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024