Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our prime minister 11:51 - Sep 24 with 20827 viewsrochdaleriddler

After the ruling of the Supreme Court surely he has to resign? I’m not wanting to start a brexit post here. His actions have been ruled unlawful by our most senior court, not been a great few days coming after the revelations of his dalliance with the American woman

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Our prime minister on 15:51 - Sep 29 with 1346 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 15:47 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

Yep, read that too

It was the ST that broke the story a couple of weeks ago, but as it's evolved the question of her eligibility has changed from how it was first reported. That in itself isn't the main issue though - nor is being in an extramarital relationship; it's the funds/grants that her company received as a result

Will be interesting to see how this unfolds further

[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 15:51]

Definitely , as it appears she wasn’t uk resident and the company phone calls were diverted to USA!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Our prime minister on 15:52 - Sep 29 with 1346 viewsrochdale_ranger

Well parliaments been back a week and all the are going on about is whether metaphorical language is incitement to violence or not. Another own goal for the Labour Party.
Our prime minister on 17:30 - Sep 29 with 1248 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 15:52 - Sep 29 by rochdale_ranger

Well parliaments been back a week and all the are going on about is whether metaphorical language is incitement to violence or not. Another own goal for the Labour Party.

They’ve only in fact sat for two days.
One of the things to have been established is that Michael Gove is bullshitting re no deal preparations. He informed the House that representatives from the auto and retail sectors have told him, in meetings with them, that they are prepared for a no deal. The said representatives responded by saying that they most certainly did not say any such thing to him and that they are not.
You see, Parliament is important because numb people like you would have just believed anything that Gove told them.
You hate Corbyn, fair enough, but that should not translate into disdain for parliamentary democracy and it’s role as a scrutiniser of the executive.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 17:53]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Our prime minister on 17:41 - Sep 29 with 1229 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 15:47 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

Yep, read that too

It was the ST that broke the story a couple of weeks ago, but as it's evolved the question of her eligibility has changed from how it was first reported. That in itself isn't the main issue though - nor is being in an extramarital relationship; it's the funds/grants that her company received as a result

Will be interesting to see how this unfolds further

[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 15:51]

There was an interesting article written by former editor of the Times, and employer of Boris, Max Hastings during the Tory leadership contest. He was scathing about him and his propensity to lie and asserted that the man was just was not fit for high office.

Our prime minister on 18:17 - Sep 29 with 1184 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 17:30 - Sep 29 by BigDaveMyCock

One of the things to have been established is that Michael Gove is bullshitting re no deal preparations. He informed the House that representatives from the auto and retail sectors have told him, in meetings with them, that they are prepared for a no deal. The said representatives responded by saying that they most certainly did not say any such thing to him and that they are not.
You see, Parliament is important because numb people like you would have just believed anything that Gove told them.
You hate Corbyn, fair enough, but that should not translate into disdain for parliamentary democracy and it’s role as a scrutiniser of the executive.

Humbug
Our prime minister on 18:27 - Sep 29 with 1159 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 17:41 - Sep 29 by BigDaveMyCock

There was an interesting article written by former editor of the Times, and employer of Boris, Max Hastings during the Tory leadership contest. He was scathing about him and his propensity to lie and asserted that the man was just was not fit for high office.

Labour have said they will go for a deal then campaign against that deal In another referendum if they got in power. The conservatives have said they want a deal (I don’t think they do) but will pull out regardless. The sensible thing to do would be to delay Brexit again and have another election, it would give whoever the PM is more of a leg to stand on and would in effect work as another referendum. Or does that only sound like common sense to someone as numb as me?
Our prime minister on 18:28 - Sep 29 with 1154 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 17:30 - Sep 29 by BigDaveMyCock

So we needed parliament back to establish an MP is a bit of a bullshitter.
Our prime minister on 18:29 - Sep 29 with 1151 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 18:17 - Sep 29 by rochdale_ranger

Humbug

Brilliant.

Login to get fewer ads

Our prime minister on 18:32 - Sep 29 with 1142 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 18:29 - Sep 29 by BigDaveMyCock

Brilliant.

I’m sorry I didn’t reply to your irrelevant and insulting post with enough intellectual gusto.
Our prime minister on 19:27 - Sep 29 with 1073 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 18:27 - Sep 29 by rochdale_ranger

Labour have said they will go for a deal then campaign against that deal In another referendum if they got in power. The conservatives have said they want a deal (I don’t think they do) but will pull out regardless. The sensible thing to do would be to delay Brexit again and have another election, it would give whoever the PM is more of a leg to stand on and would in effect work as another referendum. Or does that only sound like common sense to someone as numb as me?

All seems very sensible. That sensible I’m surprised your previous post blamed Labour for the return of Parliament given that they did not bring the cases re prorogation nor did they decide that the prorogation of Parliament was unlawful. Whether you like them or not, and I’m undecided, it actually had fook all to do with them. In fact the most effective anti Brexit or no deal Brexit moves have been made by Conservatives. Quite how it’s a Labour own goal, fook knows.
You hate them that much that you’re willing to believe anything by their adversaries. It reminds me of New Labour. It’s believers hated the Tories that much that they were willing to swallow anything.
I’m sure a big tough right winger like yourself can handle the insult.
I thought we were supposed to be the snowflakes?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 19:41]

Our prime minister on 20:03 - Sep 29 with 1037 viewsmingthemerciless

Our prime minister on 17:41 - Sep 29 by BigDaveMyCock

I think he said words along the lines that he " wouldn't trust Johnson with either his cheque book or his wife ".
Our prime minister on 20:09 - Sep 29 with 1019 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 20:03 - Sep 29 by mingthemerciless

I think he said words along the lines that he " wouldn't trust Johnson with either his cheque book or his wife ".

With regards to the latter, there’s a story broken in today’s Times about the wandering of that which he signs his cheques with.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 20:17]

Our prime minister on 20:25 - Sep 29 with 977 viewsD_Alien

This is all very interesting (or not, depending on your point of view) but what actually matters is the stench of democratic betrayal lingers over the country and there's only one way to clear it - for the 2016 referendum result to be honoured, and the sooner the better so we can all move on

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Our prime minister on 20:32 - Sep 29 with 964 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 20:25 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

This is all very interesting (or not, depending on your point of view) but what actually matters is the stench of democratic betrayal lingers over the country and there's only one way to clear it - for the 2016 referendum result to be honoured, and the sooner the better so we can all move on

If we get a deal then yes. If not then no deal needs to be put to the people.

Our prime minister on 20:42 - Sep 29 with 941 viewsjudd

I believe the question posed on the referendum paper was summat like:

"Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?."

No caveat that I can see.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Our prime minister on 20:50 - Sep 29 with 921 viewsjoecooke

The trouble with government as it is, is that it doesn't represent the people. It controls them

John Lennon.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Our prime minister on 20:52 - Sep 29 with 910 viewskiwidale

Our prime minister on 18:27 - Sep 29 by rochdale_ranger

I cant agree Ranger regarding an election it would only muddy the waters further if that is possible. In an election people will vote on party lines not on brexit and the referendum will be forgotten which is what both the major parties want.

This is not the time for bickering.

Our prime minister on 20:56 - Sep 29 with 896 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 20:42 - Sep 29 by judd

I believe the question posed on the referendum paper was summat like:

"Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?."

No caveat that I can see.

There wasn’t but weren’t we told it would be the easiest deal ever to negotiate a new arrangement ? Didn’t the leave campaign tell us about all the money that would be saved, possibly to help the NHS, didn’t farage tell us we were about to be swamped with a trillion Turks ? . Maybe, just maybe some dimwits believed all that, and if the leave campaign had said, listen we will get our shiny new foreign made blue passports, but essentially apart from a huge sense of pride in our isolationism, and the chance to be Trump’s bitch, the actual benefits of leaving are akin to Unicorn’s tears, I suggest leave may not have won

Our prime minister on 21:04 - Sep 29 with 877 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 20:56 - Sep 29 by rochdaleriddler

There wasn’t but weren’t we told it would be the easiest deal ever to negotiate a new arrangement ? Didn’t the leave campaign tell us about all the money that would be saved, possibly to help the NHS, didn’t farage tell us we were about to be swamped with a trillion Turks ? . Maybe, just maybe some dimwits believed all that, and if the leave campaign had said, listen we will get our shiny new foreign made blue passports, but essentially apart from a huge sense of pride in our isolationism, and the chance to be Trump’s bitch, the actual benefits of leaving are akin to Unicorn’s tears, I suggest leave may not have won

The same could just as easily be said of those who perhaps voted Remain due to Project Fear, which we know didn't happen. Remember it was what was said would happen in the immediate aftermath of a Leave vote

Tbh, it's all been sliced & diced; it has been for some time. All that's left is to Leave, on whatever terms or no terms; no ifs or buts. It's the only way forward, and a further "confirmatory" referendum will just deepen the divide and certainly won't be respected since the whole idea of a referendum will be dead
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 21:05]

Our prime minister on 21:04 - Sep 29 with 876 viewsjudd

Our prime minister on 20:56 - Sep 29 by rochdaleriddler

None of that was included on the paper.

None of that led Cameron to promise a referendum and deliver on the result.

People had clearly made up their minds way in advance of any campaigning.

The question is perfectly clear.

The result was perfectly clear.

Our prime minister on 21:06 - Sep 29 with 867 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 21:04 - Sep 29 by judd

None of that was included on the paper.

None of that led Cameron to promise a referendum and deliver on the result.

People had clearly made up their minds way in advance of any campaigning.

The question is perfectly clear.

The result was perfectly clear.

So why have the Tories not delivered it, they had a majority. It was a simple task on the face of it

Our prime minister on 21:08 - Sep 29 with 854 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 21:04 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

The same could just as easily be said of those who perhaps voted Remain due to Project Fear, which we know didn't happen. Remember it was what was said would happen in the immediate aftermath of a Leave vote

Tbh, it's all been sliced & diced; it has been for some time. All that's left is to Leave, on whatever terms or no terms; no ifs or buts. It's the only way forward, and a further "confirmatory" referendum will just deepen the divide and certainly won't be respected since the whole idea of a referendum will be dead
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 21:05]

We will have Mays deal or no brexit I reckon. But who knows what will happen?

Our prime minister on 21:10 - Sep 29 with 841 viewsjudd

Our prime minister on 21:06 - Sep 29 by rochdaleriddler

So why have the Tories not delivered it, they had a majority. It was a simple task on the face of it

Because the establishment arrogantly thought the great plebiscite would result in a resounding remain.

Political judgement since leave won has been to not make it happen. It's appalling.

I am a remainer, by the way, but respect the result of the clearly worded referendum.

Our prime minister on 21:11 - Sep 29 with 835 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 21:06 - Sep 29 by rochdaleriddler

Because many of them are entrenched Establishment figures, whose self-interest is best served by being attached to the EU gravy train

But you know that

Our prime minister on 21:13 - Sep 29 with 822 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 21:11 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

Because many of them are entrenched Establishment figures, whose self-interest is best served by being attached to the EU gravy train

But you know that

I was referring to the no deal faction that kept voting against May’s deal. If they hadn’t we would have left. You know that !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024