Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our prime minister 11:51 - Sep 24 with 20678 viewsrochdaleriddler

After the ruling of the Supreme Court surely he has to resign? I’m not wanting to start a brexit post here. His actions have been ruled unlawful by our most senior court, not been a great few days coming after the revelations of his dalliance with the American woman

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Our prime minister on 21:14 - Sep 29 with 937 viewsjudd

Our prime minister on 21:13 - Sep 29 by rochdaleriddler

I was referring to the no deal faction that kept voting against May’s deal. If they hadn’t we would have left. You know that !

Because her deal was akin to staying in.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Our prime minister on 21:14 - Sep 29 with 937 viewsoff2div1

Our prime minister on 20:50 - Sep 29 by joecooke

The trouble with government as it is, is that it doesn't represent the people. It controls them

John Lennon.

The Parliament
Our prime minister on 21:16 - Sep 29 with 929 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 21:13 - Sep 29 by rochdaleriddler

I was referring to the no deal faction that kept voting against May’s deal. If they hadn’t we would have left. You know that !

Because it wasn't Brexit, but a seriously watered down version which might've just been acceptable but for the Irish border issue, which would've left the whole UK subject to EU rules over which we had no say. I think a workaround will be found

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Our prime minister on 21:18 - Sep 29 with 922 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 21:10 - Sep 29 by judd

Because the establishment arrogantly thought the great plebiscite would result in a resounding remain.

Political judgement since leave won has been to not make it happen. It's appalling.

I am a remainer, by the way, but respect the result of the clearly worded referendum.

I am not suggesting the referendum was ambiguous, but i am not convinced everyone had made their minds up before any campaign. I made my mind up when I saw the type of chancers queuing up to support leave. If we leave we leave, just can’t envisage what is going to happen. Interesting times

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Our prime minister on 21:20 - Sep 29 with 916 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 21:16 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

Because it wasn't Brexit, but a seriously watered down version which might've just been acceptable but for the Irish border issue, which would've left the whole UK subject to EU rules over which we had no say. I think a workaround will be found

Yes it will be a slightly tweaked version of May if the tories are still in power, which is not a given. This week will be fun to watch

Our prime minister on 21:20 - Sep 29 with 910 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 20:42 - Sep 29 by judd

I believe the question posed on the referendum paper was summat like:

"Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?."

No caveat that I can see.

Absolutely, it was only after the referendum that people split as to what Brexit they actually wanted. Canada free-trade type deal (Boris’s original favourite), Norway plus, the withdrawal agreement, Boris’s potential new deal or no deal to name but a few. Saying you want to leave and bemoaning the fact we haven’t left yet is the easiest thing in the world. A lack of agreement as to how we should leave, however, is the reality. Each ‘faction’ claims that the referendum result represented their ‘Brexit’.
You’re right, the Brexit referendum question had no caveat. So, how shall we leave then?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Our prime minister on 21:22 - Sep 29 with 901 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 21:14 - Sep 29 by judd

Still brexit, she said so

Our prime minister on 21:22 - Sep 29 with 896 viewsBigDaveMyCock

No. Your faction of Brexit decided it wasn’t Brexit.

Login to get fewer ads

Our prime minister on 21:22 - Sep 29 with 896 viewstony_roch975

Our prime minister on 21:11 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

Because many of them are entrenched Establishment figures, whose self-interest is best served by being attached to the EU gravy train

But you know that

That sounds a bit of a dog-whistle response (like Remainers calling Leave voters 'racists'). I accept that most Leave voters genuinely believe the EU was undemocratically 'controlling' UK decisions and equally that most Remain voters believed the EU is the best defender of social liberalism. (I don't think economic arguments mattered that much to either side's voters which is just as well cos the rich will continue to get richer....etc whether we leave or stay). .

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Our prime minister on 21:25 - Sep 29 with 883 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Because Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and William Rees Mogg et al are not establishment are they?

Our prime minister on 21:26 - Sep 29 with 875 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 21:22 - Sep 29 by tony_roch975

That sounds a bit of a dog-whistle response (like Remainers calling Leave voters 'racists'). I accept that most Leave voters genuinely believe the EU was undemocratically 'controlling' UK decisions and equally that most Remain voters believed the EU is the best defender of social liberalism. (I don't think economic arguments mattered that much to either side's voters which is just as well cos the rich will continue to get richer....etc whether we leave or stay). .

I don't think its helpful using expressions like "dog whistle response". I was trying to condense a whole world of debate into something that would make sense on a messageboard whilst watching Dina Asher-Smith get 100m silver at the World Championships

But thanks anyway

Our prime minister on 21:27 - Sep 29 with 871 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 21:14 - Sep 29 by judd

When did no deal become the only true Brexit?

Our prime minister on 21:28 - Sep 29 with 858 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 21:27 - Sep 29 by BigDaveMyCock

When did no deal become the only true Brexit?

No deal will mean many many deals will have to be done, it’s a misnomer

Our prime minister on 21:31 - Sep 29 with 844 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 21:25 - Sep 29 by BigDaveMyCock

Because Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and William Rees Mogg et al are not establishment are they?

You know what, i couldn't care less what they may or may not represent - it's all self-interest, naturally - as long as the referendum result is respected. That's my self-interest, we all have it, don't we...

Our prime minister on 21:35 - Sep 29 with 824 viewsjudd

Our prime minister on 21:20 - Sep 29 by BigDaveMyCock

Absolutely, it was only after the referendum that people split as to what Brexit they actually wanted. Canada free-trade type deal (Boris’s original favourite), Norway plus, the withdrawal agreement, Boris’s potential new deal or no deal to name but a few. Saying you want to leave and bemoaning the fact we haven’t left yet is the easiest thing in the world. A lack of agreement as to how we should leave, however, is the reality. Each ‘faction’ claims that the referendum result represented their ‘Brexit’.
You’re right, the Brexit referendum question had no caveat. So, how shall we leave then?

We should just fook off.

Our prime minister on 21:42 - Sep 29 with 799 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 21:31 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

You know what, i couldn't care less what they may or may not represent - it's all self-interest, naturally - as long as the referendum result is respected. That's my self-interest, we all have it, don't we...

No I fooking don’t actually. I care deeply about my daughter and wife’s futures. I care about those in society who need help. I care about those who are less fortunate than me. It goes way beyond self-interest.

Our prime minister on 21:46 - Sep 29 with 786 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 19:27 - Sep 29 by BigDaveMyCock

All seems very sensible. That sensible I’m surprised your previous post blamed Labour for the return of Parliament given that they did not bring the cases re prorogation nor did they decide that the prorogation of Parliament was unlawful. Whether you like them or not, and I’m undecided, it actually had fook all to do with them. In fact the most effective anti Brexit or no deal Brexit moves have been made by Conservatives. Quite how it’s a Labour own goal, fook knows.
You hate them that much that you’re willing to believe anything by their adversaries. It reminds me of New Labour. It’s believers hated the Tories that much that they were willing to swallow anything.
I’m sure a big tough right winger like yourself can handle the insult.
I thought we were supposed to be the snowflakes?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 19:41]

But the lib/lab/SNP argued that it was unlawful and the courts ruled in their favour. They also argued they wanted to get back to parliament to sort Brexit out and get on with the business of holding government to account. All they have done is shriek about Jo Cox (totally irrelevant) and argue about language.

And you do a very good job of informing me of who I hate and what side of the political spectrum I’m on. I’d actually consider myself in the centre. Not everyone is motivated by ill intentions or malevolence. You’d be a bit more of a nuanced debater if you came to that conclusion.
Our prime minister on 21:48 - Sep 29 with 782 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 21:42 - Sep 29 by BigDaveMyCock

No I fooking don’t actually. I care deeply about my daughter and wife’s futures. I care about those in society who need help. I care about those who are less fortunate than me. It goes way beyond self-interest.

Then why as a leftie (presuming you are of course) do you support the EU? Look at the fookups and all the debt it has imposed on Greece after it irresponsibly brought into the union.
Our prime minister on 21:52 - Sep 29 with 774 viewsrochdale_ranger

And this is the crux of every argument that you start on here. Your pro Eu and care about people and society and the future so anybody of a different persuasion doesn’t. It’s literally a battle of good versus evil in your mind.
Our prime minister on 21:56 - Sep 29 with 759 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 21:52 - Sep 29 by rochdale_ranger

And this is the crux of every argument that you start on here. Your pro Eu and care about people and society and the future so anybody of a different persuasion doesn’t. It’s literally a battle of good versus evil in your mind.

It was in response to a claim about self-interest. I have never previously referred to caring about people etc.

Our prime minister on 21:59 - Sep 29 with 750 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 21:46 - Sep 29 by rochdale_ranger

But the lib/lab/SNP argued that it was unlawful and the courts ruled in their favour. They also argued they wanted to get back to parliament to sort Brexit out and get on with the business of holding government to account. All they have done is shriek about Jo Cox (totally irrelevant) and argue about language.

And you do a very good job of informing me of who I hate and what side of the political spectrum I’m on. I’d actually consider myself in the centre. Not everyone is motivated by ill intentions or malevolence. You’d be a bit more of a nuanced debater if you came to that conclusion.

The cases were brought by Gina Miller, a businesswoman, and Joanna Cherry of the SNP. The lib/lab/SNP made no submissions in the case and the Court didn’t rule their favour.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 22:00]

Our prime minister on 22:02 - Sep 29 with 741 viewsjudd

Our prime minister on 21:56 - Sep 29 by BigDaveMyCock

It was in response to a claim about self-interest. I have never previously referred to caring about people etc.

I'm with you on the fear of the unknown and what future may hold for families in the UK.

But I think there is a bigger danger in the will of the people being overturned when it suits the powers that be.

I do hope that, whatever the outcome, we get a massive reform of the political organisations that purport to want to represent the population in a democracy.

I would love to see the breaking up of the Conservative and Labour parties, the unelected 2nd chamber and the abolition of the archaic monarchy. I'd like to see PR introduced and Eurovision scrapped.

Our prime minister on 22:06 - Sep 29 with 730 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 22:02 - Sep 29 by judd

I'm with you on the fear of the unknown and what future may hold for families in the UK.

But I think there is a bigger danger in the will of the people being overturned when it suits the powers that be.

I do hope that, whatever the outcome, we get a massive reform of the political organisations that purport to want to represent the population in a democracy.

I would love to see the breaking up of the Conservative and Labour parties, the unelected 2nd chamber and the abolition of the archaic monarchy. I'd like to see PR introduced and Eurovision scrapped.

Can we not just keep Eurovision?

Our prime minister on 22:08 - Sep 29 with 727 viewsjudd

Our prime minister on 22:06 - Sep 29 by BigDaveMyCock

Can we not just keep Eurovision?

That's what caused all this trouble in the first fookin place.

I see people are concerned about Turks and Romanians flooding every street of the UK if we remain, but those pricks running Eurovision are letting the vermin bastard Aussies in.

Our prime minister on 22:11 - Sep 29 with 724 viewskiwidale

That's very commendable of you BigDave pity you dont care about the 17 odd million who voted out many who voted without self interest.

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024