Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our prime minister 11:51 - Sep 24 with 20805 viewsrochdaleriddler

After the ruling of the Supreme Court surely he has to resign? I’m not wanting to start a brexit post here. His actions have been ruled unlawful by our most senior court, not been a great few days coming after the revelations of his dalliance with the American woman

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Our prime minister on 12:58 - Sep 30 with 1472 views49thseason

Our prime minister on 11:52 - Sep 30 by BigDaveMyCock

Ok then.
Article from the FT.
https://amp.ft.com/content/202a60c0-cfd8-11e5-831d-09f7778e7377

A few more of those awkward facts...

Our prime minister on 13:06 - Sep 30 with 1434 viewsD_Alien

To no-one in particular:

BDMC (18.40 7 Sep 19):

"... all the people I know who voted leave are numb as fook."

Everyone should take responsibility for one's own words

Everyone should respect the democratic referendum result of 2016, otherwise why should anyone respect any future referendum?

Responsibility and respect

[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 13:12]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Our prime minister on 13:14 - Sep 30 with 1405 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 12:56 - Sep 30 by rochdaleriddler

You don’t like other people defining your views and yet I’m paranoid! I left the board for a while, towards the end of last season and returned before this. I got fed up with the pointless arguing, some of which came from me. I certainly don’t think everything is right wing and racist, but I’m sure you are. Remember ‘white people make better managers than blacks’

You went on a self imposed exile because you got pissed and made a fool of yourself. It’s easy to characterise people you don’t agree with as racist or right wing, then you don’t have to contend with them. It’s the oldest and lamest trick in the book.
Our prime minister on 13:15 - Sep 30 with 1400 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 13:06 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

To no-one in particular:

BDMC (18.40 7 Sep 19):

"... all the people I know who voted leave are numb as fook."

Everyone should take responsibility for one's own words

Everyone should respect the democratic referendum result of 2016, otherwise why should anyone respect any future referendum?

Responsibility and respect

[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 13:12]

How do you know all the people I know who voted leave?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Our prime minister on 13:25 - Sep 30 with 1369 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 13:14 - Sep 30 by rochdale_ranger

You went on a self imposed exile because you got pissed and made a fool of yourself. It’s easy to characterise people you don’t agree with as racist or right wing, then you don’t have to contend with them. It’s the oldest and lamest trick in the book.

I know quite a few right wingers, I even go for a pint, or even a weekend away with them, not sure how that fits with not contending with them. I’d have a pint with most people. It’s good to hear opposing views

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Our prime minister on 13:31 - Sep 30 with 1349 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 12:58 - Sep 30 by 49thseason

A few more of those awkward facts...

Wow, and from that reliable and well known source ‘Change Britain’ as well.

Our prime minister on 13:34 - Sep 30 with 1342 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our prime minister on 13:31 - Sep 30 by BigDaveMyCock

“I only consume media that backs up my outlook and prejudices”
Our prime minister on 13:39 - Sep 30 with 1336 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 13:34 - Sep 30 by rochdale_ranger

“I only consume media that backs up my outlook and prejudices”

Who are you quoting?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 15:13]

Login to get fewer ads

Our prime minister on 13:44 - Sep 30 with 1320 viewsjudd

Our prime minister on 13:39 - Sep 30 by BigDaveMyCock

Who are you quoting?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 15:13]

This hubris gubbins you mentioned earlier.

Is it owt like couscous ?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Our prime minister on 15:07 - Sep 30 with 1252 viewsnordenblue

Our prime minister on 13:44 - Sep 30 by judd

Nice with a breadstick or 5 👌
Our prime minister on 15:11 - Sep 30 with 1248 viewsBigDaveMyCock

God no. Lazy bureaucratic surrender food? It’s like spam fritters.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 16:30]

Our prime minister on 16:34 - Sep 30 with 1174 viewsDaleiLama

Sounds like one of Andrew Nutters main courses!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Our prime minister on 16:36 - Sep 30 with 1171 views49thseason

Our prime minister on 13:31 - Sep 30 by BigDaveMyCock

It offers you the opportunity to use actual facts to defend your position, All you have to do is some actual research instead of just slagging off everyone you disagree with. Or, are you starting to realise that you have no real information and indeed you are the one that has swallowed the lies hook line and sinker?
Our prime minister on 18:15 - Sep 30 with 1103 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 16:36 - Sep 30 by 49thseason

It offers you the opportunity to use actual facts to defend your position, All you have to do is some actual research instead of just slagging off everyone you disagree with. Or, are you starting to realise that you have no real information and indeed you are the one that has swallowed the lies hook line and sinker?

I offered you a very good and balanced article from the Financial Times which you dismissed as Project Fear, despite the article having nothing to do with Project Fear, by citing something by ‘Change Britain’ - a pressure group set up by the Leave campaign.
You call that fooking research?
Do yourself a favour and actually read the article instead of believing everything that pops up on your feed on Facebook with a Union Jack on it and cutting and pasting it on to here as if you’ve just unearthed something akin to the fooking Watergate scandal.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 19:11]

Our prime minister on 19:33 - Sep 30 with 1023 views49thseason

Our prime minister on 18:15 - Sep 30 by BigDaveMyCock

I offered you a very good and balanced article from the Financial Times which you dismissed as Project Fear, despite the article having nothing to do with Project Fear, by citing something by ‘Change Britain’ - a pressure group set up by the Leave campaign.
You call that fooking research?
Do yourself a favour and actually read the article instead of believing everything that pops up on your feed on Facebook with a Union Jack on it and cutting and pasting it on to here as if you’ve just unearthed something akin to the fooking Watergate scandal.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 19:11]

I did read it, it was from March 2017 and I don't think there is anything in it which supports the view that the UK should not leave the EU, indeed, the majority of comments seem to say that whilst in the 70s and 90s our trade with the EU was a major element of the UK economy, the simple fact is that the rest of the world is growing more rapidly and the EU is shrinking in importance, essentially struggling because of the Euro and the inability of the Mediterranean nations to adjust their economies because of it. . As I mentioned in an earlier post, the German car manufacturers are now losing £50,000 a second and Germany is in recession with factory output falling rapidly.
I think that the underlying context of getting out of the EU has now changed substantially since 2017 when we all believed that Labour was a Leave party and that they respected the result of the Referendum. (As indeed did the illiberal Antidemocrats claim at the time).
So back to my original point, once again you have blustered and bluffed but seem unable to refute the facts about the UK economy beating every remoaner prediction as depicted by change UK so I must assume they are correct and you have nothing to add to this debate.
Our prime minister on 19:51 - Sep 30 with 999 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 19:33 - Sep 30 by 49thseason

I did read it, it was from March 2017 and I don't think there is anything in it which supports the view that the UK should not leave the EU, indeed, the majority of comments seem to say that whilst in the 70s and 90s our trade with the EU was a major element of the UK economy, the simple fact is that the rest of the world is growing more rapidly and the EU is shrinking in importance, essentially struggling because of the Euro and the inability of the Mediterranean nations to adjust their economies because of it. . As I mentioned in an earlier post, the German car manufacturers are now losing £50,000 a second and Germany is in recession with factory output falling rapidly.
I think that the underlying context of getting out of the EU has now changed substantially since 2017 when we all believed that Labour was a Leave party and that they respected the result of the Referendum. (As indeed did the illiberal Antidemocrats claim at the time).
So back to my original point, once again you have blustered and bluffed but seem unable to refute the facts about the UK economy beating every remoaner prediction as depicted by change UK so I must assume they are correct and you have nothing to add to this debate.

Really? What about the bit that confirms Britain has expanded its global trade significantly over the last forty years and that this is a direct result of being in the EU. We’ve benefited hugely by being in it.
We’ve heard repeated claims about the imminent collapse of the EU and how the German car industry won’t allow a no deal etc. Please don’t fall for it again.
As the negotiations have proved and are proving, writing off the EU is folly.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 20:05]

Our prime minister on 20:14 - Sep 30 with 950 viewsD_Alien

Our prime minister on 13:15 - Sep 30 by BigDaveMyCock

How do you know all the people I know who voted leave?

What makes you think i was speaking to you, eh?

I was calling out the typically asinine view that we've heard since the Remoaners lost the referendum that those who voted differently are intellectually challenged

I've read plenty of respectable views from the Remainer side - the main feature of them being just that - respectable

Yours aren't, as i've clarified for everyone, thanks to your very own words

Our prime minister on 20:18 - Sep 30 with 943 viewsdawlishdale

Our prime minister on 19:33 - Sep 30 by 49thseason

Germany isn't yet in recession, the economy having shrunk by 0.1% in the last quarter, following a growth the quarter before. True; it's likely to fall into recession soon, but seeing as the UK economy contracted by double the rate of the German economy, and is also set to fall into recession, I don't understand your point, as we are, according to Government data, doing twice as poorly as the Germans, despite the huge fall in the value of the £, which should have been a massive boost to exporters, but isn't.

The whole of Europe is seeing a negative effect from the protracted and totally humiliating Brexit negotiations, which are causing havoc for all of UK manufacturing industires.

Lord help us if we leave with no deal and have to rely on WTO terms. Prepare for a national outcry when people actually realise what they have done, and what they were never told . And that's without mentioning the N Ireland border mess, which could wreck the Good Friday agreement and bring a return to terrorist activities.

This is why the whole Brexit debate has no winners and losers... for every positive, there are negatives, and vice versa. It's a bloody mess, and one we should never have been taken into.
Our prime minister on 20:21 - Sep 30 with 937 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 20:14 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

What makes you think i was speaking to you, eh?

I was calling out the typically asinine view that we've heard since the Remoaners lost the referendum that those who voted differently are intellectually challenged

I've read plenty of respectable views from the Remainer side - the main feature of them being just that - respectable

Yours aren't, as i've clarified for everyone, thanks to your very own words

You’re flouncing again. Responsible?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 20:23]

Our prime minister on 20:22 - Sep 30 with 933 views49thseason

Our prime minister on 19:51 - Sep 30 by BigDaveMyCock

Really? What about the bit that confirms Britain has expanded its global trade significantly over the last forty years and that this is a direct result of being in the EU. We’ve benefited hugely by being in it.
We’ve heard repeated claims about the imminent collapse of the EU and how the German car industry won’t allow a no deal etc. Please don’t fall for it again.
As the negotiations have proved and are proving, writing off the EU is folly.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 20:05]

"Really? What about the bit that confirms Britain has expanded its global trade significantly over the last forty years and that this is a direct result of being in the EU. We’ve benefited hugely by being in it".
Well, thats OK then, so why do we still need to be part of a failing economic block which wants to become a superstate?? If we have expanded globally thanks to the EU why do we still need to be members when there are 35 or so countries queueing up to have trade agreements with us? It's not as though we will lose all our trade with EU countries even under WTO rules either, they have lots of people who's jobs rely on trade with the UK, according to the balance of trade figures, probably more than we do.

"We’ve heard repeated claims about the imminent collapse of the EU and how the German car industry won’t allow a no-deal etc. Please don’t fall for it again.
As the negotiations have proved and are proving, writing off the EU is folly."
The folly seems to me to be on their side of the fence and reflects their reliance on our cash. When we leave, the money lost to the EU is equivalent to 19 countries leaving the block, a body blow for sure and one that they may or may not pay heavily for, but the answer is simple, sign a free trade deal and carry on as trading partners and not as members of a superstate which probably only exists in the minds of the commissioners and the Verhofstadts of this world. Whats wrong with that?
Our prime minister on 20:25 - Sep 30 with 924 viewsD_Alien

To no-one in particular:

If i see the expression "you're flouncing" on this messageboard i take it as a sure sign of having not only lost the debate, but the means to debate. Most of can do better than that, so i'll debate with those people in mind

Our prime minister on 20:26 - Sep 30 with 923 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 20:22 - Sep 30 by 49thseason

"Really? What about the bit that confirms Britain has expanded its global trade significantly over the last forty years and that this is a direct result of being in the EU. We’ve benefited hugely by being in it".
Well, thats OK then, so why do we still need to be part of a failing economic block which wants to become a superstate?? If we have expanded globally thanks to the EU why do we still need to be members when there are 35 or so countries queueing up to have trade agreements with us? It's not as though we will lose all our trade with EU countries even under WTO rules either, they have lots of people who's jobs rely on trade with the UK, according to the balance of trade figures, probably more than we do.

"We’ve heard repeated claims about the imminent collapse of the EU and how the German car industry won’t allow a no-deal etc. Please don’t fall for it again.
As the negotiations have proved and are proving, writing off the EU is folly."
The folly seems to me to be on their side of the fence and reflects their reliance on our cash. When we leave, the money lost to the EU is equivalent to 19 countries leaving the block, a body blow for sure and one that they may or may not pay heavily for, but the answer is simple, sign a free trade deal and carry on as trading partners and not as members of a superstate which probably only exists in the minds of the commissioners and the Verhofstadts of this world. Whats wrong with that?

It’s untrue.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 20:31]

Our prime minister on 20:29 - Sep 30 with 909 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Our prime minister on 20:25 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

To no-one in particular:

If i see the expression "you're flouncing" on this messageboard i take it as a sure sign of having not only lost the debate, but the means to debate. Most of can do better than that, so i'll debate with those people in mind

All about self-interest, eh?

Our prime minister on 20:38 - Sep 30 with 882 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our prime minister on 20:18 - Sep 30 by dawlishdale

Germany isn't yet in recession, the economy having shrunk by 0.1% in the last quarter, following a growth the quarter before. True; it's likely to fall into recession soon, but seeing as the UK economy contracted by double the rate of the German economy, and is also set to fall into recession, I don't understand your point, as we are, according to Government data, doing twice as poorly as the Germans, despite the huge fall in the value of the £, which should have been a massive boost to exporters, but isn't.

The whole of Europe is seeing a negative effect from the protracted and totally humiliating Brexit negotiations, which are causing havoc for all of UK manufacturing industires.

Lord help us if we leave with no deal and have to rely on WTO terms. Prepare for a national outcry when people actually realise what they have done, and what they were never told . And that's without mentioning the N Ireland border mess, which could wreck the Good Friday agreement and bring a return to terrorist activities.

This is why the whole Brexit debate has no winners and losers... for every positive, there are negatives, and vice versa. It's a bloody mess, and one we should never have been taken into.

Our prime minister (n/t) on 20:44 - Sep 30 with 869 viewsD_Alien

[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 20:45]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024