Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matheson contract 11:59 - Sep 26 with 9865 viewsjonahwhereru

I am ignorant of these and many other things. Noticed he is nearly 17, which is when I think he can be offered a professional contract. I presume when that time comes he can just do a Hoti and say thank but no thanks. Then hawk himself to other clubs. Or he can sign and if his agent is smart he will tie the club to a low sell on price as the cost of getting the signature.
If he can walk to another club on a pro contract do we get any compensation?
Matheson contract on 12:13 - Sep 26 with 5786 viewsdingdangblue

He seems a very level headed lad and I'm sure he understands the hard work and efforts that Rochdale AFC have contributed to his development. He should sign his first pro contract with us and then take it from there in regards to him moving on in time. I can't see his head being turned before that. He knows we wont stand in his way should the expected Premier League teams come knocking.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 12:31]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matheson contract on 12:26 - Sep 26 with 5743 views49thseason

He might already have signed some sort of pre-contract agreement.
Matheson contract on 15:14 - Sep 26 with 5512 viewsjonahwhereru

Matheson contract on 12:26 - Sep 26 by 49thseason

He might already have signed some sort of pre-contract agreement.

I think that is what happened with Daniel Adshead. So hope that is true. Tbh I am already braced for the howls starting when he is sold on for a relatively small initial fee. However the club are trapped here if he can just walk into another club. The player holds all the cards if they are highly thought of. That is why I was relatively comfortable with the Adshead deal. The players can have their cake and eat it in these circumstances.
Matheson contract on 15:20 - Sep 26 with 5489 viewswatford_dale

Matheson contract on 15:14 - Sep 26 by jonahwhereru

I think that is what happened with Daniel Adshead. So hope that is true. Tbh I am already braced for the howls starting when he is sold on for a relatively small initial fee. However the club are trapped here if he can just walk into another club. The player holds all the cards if they are highly thought of. That is why I was relatively comfortable with the Adshead deal. The players can have their cake and eat it in these circumstances.

Wasn't Adshead part of the Academy and so went under the compensation rules that are in place? Which would be the same as if it would happen to Matheson, its a formula driven compensation amount and there is no holding out for a fee, unfortunately.
Matheson contract on 20:06 - Sep 26 with 5279 viewsseasidedale

Luke signed a 2 year scholar, yes or whatever they are called nowadays, we can offer full time pro at 17, so for the 2 years he is our and we get a fee for him. But I think it would come under the compensation scheme rather than what we want, I could be wrong on that last bit
Matheson contract on 20:16 - Sep 26 with 5241 viewsdingdangblue

Matheson contract on 15:20 - Sep 26 by watford_dale

Wasn't Adshead part of the Academy and so went under the compensation rules that are in place? Which would be the same as if it would happen to Matheson, its a formula driven compensation amount and there is no holding out for a fee, unfortunately.

Adshead had signed a pro contract as he'd turned 17 already. We didn't get compensation - we got an undisclosed transfer fee rumoured to be £300k + future add ons.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Matheson contract on 20:43 - Sep 26 with 5167 viewsjudd

Matheson contract on 20:16 - Sep 26 by dingdangblue

Adshead had signed a pro contract as he'd turned 17 already. We didn't get compensation - we got an undisclosed transfer fee rumoured to be £300k + future add ons.

The rumoured fee somewhat off the £1m being rumoured just a few months before he was given, erm.sold to Norwich academy.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Matheson contract on 07:54 - Sep 27 with 4904 viewsEllDale

I've been quite relaxed about our "undisclosed fee" policy in the past because I've trusted the CEO/board to make sure that the relevant add-ons were in place in any transfer.
I just hope that the lad is tied down to a contract next week. he seems happy at the COA but enough money can turn anyone's head.
I'd also blazing if we let Luke Matheson go for anything now less than seven figures.
I know that Wan-Bissaka has a fair few Premier League appearances under his belt, is older and obviously better physically developed but he cost £42 million.
Login to get fewer ads

Matheson contract on 08:20 - Sep 27 with 4876 viewspioneer

Matheson contract on 07:54 - Sep 27 by EllDale

I've been quite relaxed about our "undisclosed fee" policy in the past because I've trusted the CEO/board to make sure that the relevant add-ons were in place in any transfer.
I just hope that the lad is tied down to a contract next week. he seems happy at the COA but enough money can turn anyone's head.
I'd also blazing if we let Luke Matheson go for anything now less than seven figures.
I know that Wan-Bissaka has a fair few Premier League appearances under his belt, is older and obviously better physically developed but he cost £42 million.

Ill have a fire extinguisher ready.
Matheson contract on 08:51 - Sep 27 with 4818 viewsjudd

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-scouted-r

Matheson contract on 09:20 - Sep 27 with 4756 viewsfrenzied

Matheson contract on 08:20 - Sep 27 by pioneer

Ill have a fire extinguisher ready.

Quite agree..he’s worth no where near a million quid..I think some Daley’s are getting over excited on the basis of a single goal against United..when he has 50 or 60 games under his belt then maybe..but for now it remains a flash in the pan
Matheson contract on 09:20 - Sep 27 with 4755 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Matheson contract on 08:51 - Sep 27 by judd

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-scouted-r

...and so it begins.
Matheson contract on 09:24 - Sep 27 with 4742 viewsfrenzied

Matheson contract on 09:20 - Sep 27 by Yorkshire_Dale

...and so it begins.

Along with 500 others they will also be scouting
Matheson contract on 10:14 - Sep 27 with 4631 viewsDaleiLama

Matheson contract on 09:20 - Sep 27 by frenzied

Quite agree..he’s worth no where near a million quid..I think some Daley’s are getting over excited on the basis of a single goal against United..when he has 50 or 60 games under his belt then maybe..but for now it remains a flash in the pan

I haven't seen every single game he's played in, but I've also never seen him have a bad game either! His goal was a flash in the pan (he is a FB) but his performances and the accolades he was getting from the coaching staff well before OT were not imo.

Putting a price tag on a 16 y.o. is crazy anyway, but that's the world we live in. Look how much Maguire went to Utd for compared to what Hull paid for him.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Matheson contract on 10:36 - Sep 27 with 4581 viewsdingdangblue

Matheson contract on 10:14 - Sep 27 by DaleiLama

I haven't seen every single game he's played in, but I've also never seen him have a bad game either! His goal was a flash in the pan (he is a FB) but his performances and the accolades he was getting from the coaching staff well before OT were not imo.

Putting a price tag on a 16 y.o. is crazy anyway, but that's the world we live in. Look how much Maguire went to Utd for compared to what Hull paid for him.

He's 16, he's playing regular in lge 1 now, he's played for England U17's, he's held his own against Premier League super star's, defended superbly and scored and not been one bit nervous or overawed by playing at Old Trafford infront of 58,000 fans and listening to him speak he's a very bright articulate young man. He's quite unique I'd say - and will have many admirers already waiting to flash their cheque book's. If he was at Peterborough they'd be talking about potentially a million pound player already - unfortunately we have no wealthy benefactor and we dont get big crowds so we are very much up against it when anyone comes in for any of our players as to what we can afford to turn down.

Matheson contract on 10:50 - Sep 27 with 4554 viewsjudd

Matheson contract on 10:36 - Sep 27 by dingdangblue

He's 16, he's playing regular in lge 1 now, he's played for England U17's, he's held his own against Premier League super star's, defended superbly and scored and not been one bit nervous or overawed by playing at Old Trafford infront of 58,000 fans and listening to him speak he's a very bright articulate young man. He's quite unique I'd say - and will have many admirers already waiting to flash their cheque book's. If he was at Peterborough they'd be talking about potentially a million pound player already - unfortunately we have no wealthy benefactor and we dont get big crowds so we are very much up against it when anyone comes in for any of our players as to what we can afford to turn down.

Teenage footballers are a potentially valuable asset. They almost certainly represent a risky investment. Forbes have done a list of the top 10 teenage footballer transfers and the fees. Its mind blowing.
With regards Luke, I doubt we will be limited to one interested club if he continues to develop as he has already so quickly so our fee expectations can be higher than Adshead, the impression I got here was we were in need of quick cash hence the heavily hedged add ons.

Matheson contract on 12:08 - Sep 27 with 4415 viewsdingdangblue

Matheson contract on 10:50 - Sep 27 by judd

Teenage footballers are a potentially valuable asset. They almost certainly represent a risky investment. Forbes have done a list of the top 10 teenage footballer transfers and the fees. Its mind blowing.
With regards Luke, I doubt we will be limited to one interested club if he continues to develop as he has already so quickly so our fee expectations can be higher than Adshead, the impression I got here was we were in need of quick cash hence the heavily hedged add ons.

Just watched the full Matheson interview on the Man Utd app and he's asked as he's a Manchester lad does he support one of the Manchester teams - his reply is
" I'm a yellow! I support Norwich as my dad's from Norwich".

Matheson contract on 14:35 - Sep 27 with 4178 viewsJames1980

Matheson contract on 12:08 - Sep 27 by dingdangblue

Just watched the full Matheson interview on the Man Utd app and he's asked as he's a Manchester lad does he support one of the Manchester teams - his reply is

Ollie comes across very well in his interview as well

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Matheson contract on 16:12 - Sep 27 with 3994 viewsSalegraham

Matheson contract on 14:35 - Sep 27 by James1980

Ollie comes across very well in his interview as well

On twitter James Maddison commented what a fantastic interview after the BBC tweet
Matheson contract on 16:17 - Sep 27 with 3978 viewsDaleiLama

Matheson contract on 12:08 - Sep 27 by dingdangblue

Listening to interviews from Luke and BBM and I don't see Luke jumping ship before he's finished his A Levels. His mates are here, education is a priority, he's happy at Dale and getting first team footy and has just had an experience of a lifetime. No doubt he is mature beyond his years, but he's also still 16. I suspect (and hope) he will be 18 before he makes the next step, but a sale and loan-back would also achieve that. Kids like him deserve everything that come to them. A great advert for the rewards that come from hard work.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 17:14]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Matheson contract on 19:18 - Sep 27 with 3787 viewsBartRowou

Appiah, the Forest lad we were rumoured to be getting in on loan, was sold for £8 million. He played 8 times for Forest (mainly as sub) and the various England youth teams that Matheson has started playing for. There is silly money out there if we're looking to sell him.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Matheson contract on 20:30 - Sep 27 with 3700 viewsdingdangblue

Matheson contract on 19:18 - Sep 27 by BartRowou

Appiah, the Forest lad we were rumoured to be getting in on loan, was sold for £8 million. He played 8 times for Forest (mainly as sub) and the various England youth teams that Matheson has started playing for. There is silly money out there if we're looking to sell him.

We are never getting £8 million bids for any player we have even if we uncovered the next Messi as a kid. At what point would we turn down even £1 million for any player? In fact I hope I live to see a £1 million Rochdale player transfer (I believe we've already had 2 with Hogan and Dawson who we should have received that amount + add ons).
Football transfers have gone through the stratosphere now for Premier league clubs with even the likes of Bournemouth and Burnley paying £10 - £15 million for players - our chairman cant bemoan the cost of paying staff/players in league 1 yet on the other hand accept £300k upfront for a current England youth player - that is not the going rate whatever future money we may receive.

Matheson contract on 20:37 - Sep 27 with 3682 viewsShun

Matheson contract on 09:20 - Sep 27 by frenzied

Nonsense. This isn’t someone in his mid-20s, he’s at the very inception of what will most likely be a very long career. He’s worth seven figures on potential alone. How many other 16-year-olds have played as many first team games as he has? I’m willing to bet none in the PL or EFL.

This isn’t a Bury style ‘play him for a few games so his name gets around’ - he’s playing regularly because he’s worthy of a League One starting spot. Just as he was worthy of a starting spot at Old Trafford. At sixteen. If he’s playing well at this level at this age then his potential alone should be worth at least a million.

Having said that, looking at the Adshead deal I’m not expecting anything more than a few toblerones.
Matheson contract on 20:39 - Sep 27 with 3670 views442Dale

Matheson contract on 20:37 - Sep 27 by Shun

Nonsense. This isn’t someone in his mid-20s, he’s at the very inception of what will most likely be a very long career. He’s worth seven figures on potential alone. How many other 16-year-olds have played as many first team games as he has? I’m willing to bet none in the PL or EFL.

This isn’t a Bury style ‘play him for a few games so his name gets around’ - he’s playing regularly because he’s worthy of a League One starting spot. Just as he was worthy of a starting spot at Old Trafford. At sixteen. If he’s playing well at this level at this age then his potential alone should be worth at least a million.

Having said that, looking at the Adshead deal I’m not expecting anything more than a few toblerones.

Will say this: he’s miles ahead of Adshead in terms of potential. Actually impacts games.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Matheson contract on 21:16 - Sep 27 with 3619 viewsfrenzied

Matheson contract on 20:37 - Sep 27 by Shun

Prem sides have no interest in bringing 16 or 17 yr old players into their teams..I doubt there’s as many as 10 in the entire league..they purchase ready made 19 yr old plus talent usually from overseas..
Luke’s making a decent start but nothing more..he can dine out on his United goal for a short time but I hope he’s astute enough to realise that next week or the week after there will be a “new kid” on the block
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024