Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe Match 16:16 - Sep 27 with 12597 viewsboromat

Well after Man U it's been one rest day and one day prep before our game on Saturday. Considering the effort that went into Wednesday night what team are we expecting or hoping for?

I'm hoping we have some good news on the injury front.

Sanchez
McLaughlin
O'Connell
McNulty
Norrington-Davies
MJ
Ryan
Morley
Done
Camps
Pyke

Think I'd freshen it up as much as possible. I wouldn't normally leave Hendo out but he's been off recently and could maybe needs a rest.

Well it's on. Baah the scholar from palace on the bench.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 14:08]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Wycombe Match on 17:53 - Sep 28 with 2113 viewsD_Alien

Wycombe Match on 17:45 - Sep 28 by 49thseason

Andrew couldnt get an assist in a care home. He is stealing 2 grand a week from the club . Big mistake re-signing Wilbraham and Done. Hendersons legs have gone . Ryan wouldnt get a game on Lenny Barn , no energy, no aggression, and doesnt seem to know what colour of shirt we wear. And where is Mclaughlin? Has he retired?
Murphy should have dragged 3 off at 0-2 and put 3 kids on just to teach some of them a lesson about committment, passion, aggression, professionalism and the basics of football.
The honeymoon is over , this team either starts to show some spirit and fight or needs clearing out in January and in some cases earlier if possible.

Harsh

there was no lack of effort or passion today, imo, and thought Calvin had a decent game if viewed with an unprejudiced eye

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wycombe Match on 17:54 - Sep 28 with 2108 viewsfitzochris

Wycombe Match on 17:31 - Sep 28 by D_Alien

After the superlative midweek game, this was kinda predictable. BBM went for Plan B with Alby & Calvin up front, but it coincided with Hendo having probably his most disappointing game for Dale. Maybe he was carrying the knock from Wednesday, but despite the three front men we didn't offer enough threat

I'm not disappointed with the team. Ollie had a fantastic second half, and at times we played pretty well but Wycombe, typically efficient as ever, just stuck the ball away when it mattered. We should just put this behind us and move on

Sorry D_Alien, but I disagree with you on this occasion. There was a lot wrong with this performance that cannot simply be written off as a bad day at the office. We have to move on, of course, but I am more worried after watching that than I was after watching the Peterborough game.

Are we really as skint as the CEO make out, or is there some wriggle room there to support BBM in January?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 23:43]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Wycombe Match on 17:59 - Sep 28 with 2065 viewsD_Alien

Wycombe Match on 17:54 - Sep 28 by fitzochris

Sorry D_Alien, but I disagree with you on this occasion. There was a lot wrong with this performance that cannot simply be written off as a bad day at the office. We have to move on, of course, but I am more worried after watching that than I was after watching the Peterborough game.

Are we really as skint as the CEO make out, or is there some wriggle room there to support BBM in January?

That's no problem, i respect your opinion, and there are issues

It's just that i think our season is a bit "up in the air" at the minute and we're only 10 games in. I think we'll have enough to survive, the spirit is good, we have more options now with Alby back and we are playing decent football but without that cutting edge

Wycombe have L1 sorted to a tee, and it showed today

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wycombe Match on 18:02 - Sep 28 with 2047 viewsrochdaleriddler

Wycombe Match on 17:54 - Sep 28 by fitzochris

There was some effort, but the first goal was a shocker, defender and keeper not on same wavelength . The second nearly as bad, coupled with Calvin on the wing and a very out of sorts Hendo, and an invisible wilbraham made for a grim spectacle, I was in the car before it finished. Hoping for a better day at Wimbledon next week

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Wycombe Match on 18:11 - Sep 28 with 1981 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Wycombe Match on 17:45 - Sep 28 by 49thseason

Andrew couldnt get an assist in a care home. He is stealing 2 grand a week from the club . Big mistake re-signing Wilbraham and Done. Hendersons legs have gone . Ryan wouldnt get a game on Lenny Barn , no energy, no aggression, and doesnt seem to know what colour of shirt we wear. And where is Mclaughlin? Has he retired?
Murphy should have dragged 3 off at 0-2 and put 3 kids on just to teach some of them a lesson about committment, passion, aggression, professionalism and the basics of football.
The honeymoon is over , this team either starts to show some spirit and fight or needs clearing out in January and in some cases earlier if possible.

Be fair 49th.

Calvin is only costing the equivalent of around 500 season tickets per season, it’s not like it’s a lot!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Wycombe Match on 18:14 - Sep 28 with 1958 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Wall to wall shite on show today.......absolute rubbish. Yes, conditions were poor (for both teams) and some of our lot had only a day or so rest but what a disaster. Two carthorses on the wings both can't run and were easily tracked but still we pump it up to them and it comes to nowt at all. Neither Alby or Calvin have any presence despite their size..I think Parkins Gimp was right all along. Soppy bollocks game from Dale.

Only positives....Rhys ND and young Rathboni who tried and tried and ran up all sorts of alleys!

What now BBM?
Wycombe Match on 18:15 - Sep 28 with 1952 viewsJames1980

On the subject of Hendo why was he subbed on Wednesday?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Wycombe Match on 18:22 - Sep 28 with 1894 viewsTVOS1907

Wycombe Match on 18:15 - Sep 28 by James1980

Hamstring injury

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe Match on 18:25 - Sep 28 with 1874 viewsJames1980

Wycombe Match on 18:22 - Sep 28 by TVOS1907

Hamstring injury

That was a quick recovery, good advert for his supplements.

Wycombe Match on 18:25 - Sep 28 with 1873 viewsFalingeParka

Wycombe Match on 18:15 - Sep 28 by James1980

Think it was just a touch of cramp or a dead leg from a kick on the calf or thigh. Nothing to stop him playing today.

ColonelHall

Wycombe Match on 18:31 - Sep 28 with 1825 viewsFalingeParka

Wycombe Match on 18:22 - Sep 28 by TVOS1907

Hamstring injury

You don't play three days after any type of hamstring problem.

ColonelHall

Wycombe Match on 18:35 - Sep 28 with 1797 viewsTVOS1907

Wycombe Match on 18:31 - Sep 28 by FalingeParka

I'm no doctor, but only passing on what I was told, FP.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Wycombe Match on 18:36 - Sep 28 with 1792 viewsJames1980

Wycombe Match on 18:31 - Sep 28 by FalingeParka

Highlights the squad being so thin?

Wycombe Match on 18:41 - Sep 28 with 1772 viewsKenBoon

Wycombe never had to leave second gear. The season is going the way folk feared before the great start. We're trying to play a style we don't have the players for. We're absolutely blunt up front. If we are broke with all our recent windfalls then we're absolutely f**ked when the cup runs and transfer fees dry up.
Wycombe Match on 18:49 - Sep 28 with 1734 viewsFalingeParka

Wycombe Match on 18:36 - Sep 28 by James1980

Highlights the squad being so thin?

It's SO thin James. Look at the bench.

Btw, not saying Hendo wasn't 'right' for today at all though. He's a pro through and through and wouldn't have backed himself to play if he had a hamstring problem.

I think we are (or must be) super skint as per. I fancy us to stay up mind, bit easier thanks to our dear departed. I like the cut of BBM's gib. He operates on the same old same old though. We are paupers/church mice and always have been.

ColonelHall

Wycombe Match on 18:52 - Sep 28 with 1722 viewstodmordendale

Poor team selection. By all means play with two wingers, but are Abraham and Andrews really wingers. Can’t see the logic of playing a couple of target men out wide.
It was like playing with nine men.
Agree with most of the comments about Ryan. There is a good skilful footballer in there if he knew how to play forwards. Morley should have been on from the start.
The early season passing and movement of the midfield of Morley, Williams, Dooley and Rathbonio has been lost.
Still, the league is not a sprint, as Fergie used to say.
Wycombe Match on 18:54 - Sep 28 with 1716 viewsFalingeParka

Wycombe Match on 18:41 - Sep 28 by KenBoon

Wycombe never had to leave second gear. The season is going the way folk feared before the great start. We're trying to play a style we don't have the players for. We're absolutely blunt up front. If we are broke with all our recent windfalls then we're absolutely f**ked when the cup runs and transfer fees dry up.

Well, I don't think they necessarily will dry up. But take your point. We've been hustling for all time for survival, and yet here we are (in League One).
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 18:59]

ColonelHall

Wycombe Match on 18:59 - Sep 28 with 1678 viewsJames1980

Wycombe Match on 18:49 - Sep 28 by FalingeParka

It's SO thin James. Look at the bench.

Btw, not saying Hendo wasn't 'right' for today at all though. He's a pro through and through and wouldn't have backed himself to play if he had a hamstring problem.

I think we are (or must be) super skint as per. I fancy us to stay up mind, bit easier thanks to our dear departed. I like the cut of BBM's gib. He operates on the same old same old though. We are paupers/church mice and always have been.

Not questioning the squad being thin, just saying it highlights that. Another poster alluded to Hendo not being at the races this arvo. Perhaps if the squad situation was different he would have been rested.
On the subject of finances well it could be worse. At least we played today.

Wycombe Match on 19:08 - Sep 28 with 1612 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Wycombe Match on 18:52 - Sep 28 by todmordendale

Poor team selection. By all means play with two wingers, but are Abraham and Andrews really wingers. Can’t see the logic of playing a couple of target men out wide.
Agree with most of the comments about Ryan. There is a good skilful footballer in there if he knew how to play forwards. Morley should have been on from the start.
The early season passing and movement of the midfield of Morley, Williams, Dooley and Rathbonio has been lost.

It’s ok playing a target man wide, if he holds the ball up, lays it back to an attacking wing back, and has the pace to get into the box to provide an end product, Peter V did this to great effect.

The problem is alby can get there in 3 seconds for the cross and Calvin is about as much of a threat as the Green Party’s nuclear policy. Playing 1 lump as a wide target can work, but 2 is crazy!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Wycombe Match on 19:09 - Sep 28 with 1612 viewsFalingeParka

Wycombe Match on 18:59 - Sep 28 by James1980

Not questioning the squad being thin, just saying it highlights that. Another poster alluded to Hendo not being at the races this arvo. Perhaps if the squad situation was different he would have been rested.
On the subject of finances well it could be worse. At least we played today.

Exactly spot on James. Bingo, we are still here and still at it. Best club in the EFL.

ColonelHall

Wycombe Match on 19:28 - Sep 28 with 1503 viewsboromat

Wycombe Match on 18:52 - Sep 28 by todmordendale

I can see why he freshened it up after Wednesday and rested players. I can also see why we went with a more experienced and physical line up. Unfortunately it still didn't work.

I would like to know where Pyke and Done are though!?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Wycombe Match on 19:32 - Sep 28 with 1476 viewsSuddenLad

Wycombe Match on 19:28 - Sep 28 by boromat

I can see why he freshened it up after Wednesday and rested players. I can also see why we went with a more experienced and physical line up. Unfortunately it still didn't work.

Both injured.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Wycombe Match on 19:33 - Sep 28 with 1465 views49thseason

Wycombe Match on 17:59 - Sep 28 by D_Alien

That's no problem, i respect your opinion, and there are issues

It's just that i think our season is a bit "up in the air" at the minute and we're only 10 games in. I think we'll have enough to survive, the spirit is good, we have more options now with Alby back and we are playing decent football but without that cutting edge

Wycombe have L1 sorted to a tee, and it showed today

So you are putting your faith in a 40 year old and a so-called forward who coudnt hit a barn if he was inside it much less a barn door? 5 home games , 3 goals scored and 7 conceded, 3 points from a possible 15. Players are now back to receiving passes with their backs to the opposition goals, passing behind each other rather than in front. Camps is continually trying little flicks that rarely work The forwards are playing like statues, little movement no pace, and devoid of ideas. Be honest, this was like watching a very slow motion car crash.
Wycombe Match on 19:43 - Sep 28 with 1421 viewsBoss_Hog

Wycombe Match on 19:28 - Sep 28 by boromat

WOW! I was expecting a comedown after Wednesday, which BBM warned us all about, however not one as dramatic as that!

Our wafer-thin squad came to the fore today, with frankly baffling selections included in the mix. As soon as I saw Wilbraham and Calvin playing out wide, I said to those around me that we wouldn't score today and that prediction was never in doubt. If somebody can tell me what either brings to our squad, I would be appreciate it.

I have read comments that Calvin had a good game today. I have to say that astounds me, he is in the side to bring offensive qualities, he brought none of those today and every time he attempted something positive, he lost possession. He won a few headers, but so what from right-wing. I am sorry to say but he and Wilbraham offer precisely zero to our side, regardless of what position they play.

The only positives today were RND and Ollie Rathbone. RND never gave up and looked our most dangerous player going forward, which speaks volumes given he played left-back! Ollie Rathbone equally gave his all, and showed more desire than any other player in a blue shirt.

I fear for a long season ahead unless as a club we choose to spend some of the Old Trafford money on the squad. I don't recall such a slow and unskillful squad, which over a season will catch up with us. Do we have a single player capable of beating an opponent one on one with either skill or pace?
Wycombe Match on 19:55 - Sep 28 with 1364 viewssoulboy

There doesn't appear to be any urgency in the side. 1 0 down and it was the same slow build up from the back as it was from the kick off which, if anything, went even slower in the second half. Three forwards on at the start but apart from Hendos shot straight at the keeper and JMs effort of the bar it was like watching paint dry. I'm baffled, as others have said, why there weren't a couple of changes at half time to try and liven things up a bit. Tavares must have been on 20 mins before he even got a kick, i'm afraid the lad is nowhere near ready for the first team yet. The sooner O Connell is back the better, JM and MJW are not a good combination at the back. At least a point next week is paramount as we go into a run of homes games where we should be picking points up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024