Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need the old Hendo back. 22:52 - Sep 28 with 2847 views_Windydale

Running out of position and making silly mistakes. We need Henderson back to his best to match his goal-fest of last season.

He may find his form, with quicker service, but needs the players to be spotting his runs as he does try to breach the defence, always looking for that through pass. But it seems, only the creativity of Morley, Rathbone or Matheson are the players, to possibly unlock a run through on goal.

Camps could help more. Great player on his day. Felt his demeanour appeared maybe a bit negative today. There were a few times he could have had a go at goal and didn't. Also passing it back instead of moving it forward putting pressure on their defence instead of finding a route through for Hendo.

It's not just Camps a few of the other players need to look up and read the game better and look round for more passing options. As we can do it on our day.

Although Hendo is Captain, I think Rathbone would deserve the responsibility in the future. He is a genuine Dale hero who deserves every penny of his wage, for the shift he puts in. Pissing Down or a Tuesday night borefest, he always turns up for a fight.

We need the old Hendo back. on 11:56 - Sep 29 with 2633 viewsEllDale

What worries me is that I thought I detected the odd sign of frustration from Henderson yesterday eg when he was forced off the ball before one their goals.
One flash of petulance and we could be going back to the old days where he saw red sincerely hope that doesn’t happen.
We need the old Hendo back. on 13:00 - Sep 29 with 2560 views49thseason

Henderson is a better player when he is a bit angry, making him captain has calmed him down too much. Good strikers need a streak of devilment, they get under the skin of defenders causing them to make mistakes, it has to be controlled but it has to be there. At the moment they are playing as though they know the squad is thin and bookings are to be avoided at all costs.
Whats the point of having 72% possession and ending up 3-0 down? The system isnt working, its crap to watch and isnt producing results and hasnt done for over 100 games. Playing two big lads out wide achieved nothing , the midfield hardly ever appears in the penalty area and if anyone puts a cross in there are never enough bodies in the box to force an advantage. Its time for a rethink and stop allowing teams to put 10 men behind the ball before we cross the half way line.
We need the old Hendo back. on 13:39 - Sep 29 with 2494 viewsrochdaleriddler

We need the old Hendo back. on 13:00 - Sep 29 by 49thseason

Henderson is a better player when he is a bit angry, making him captain has calmed him down too much. Good strikers need a streak of devilment, they get under the skin of defenders causing them to make mistakes, it has to be controlled but it has to be there. At the moment they are playing as though they know the squad is thin and bookings are to be avoided at all costs.
Whats the point of having 72% possession and ending up 3-0 down? The system isnt working, its crap to watch and isnt producing results and hasnt done for over 100 games. Playing two big lads out wide achieved nothing , the midfield hardly ever appears in the penalty area and if anyone puts a cross in there are never enough bodies in the box to force an advantage. Its time for a rethink and stop allowing teams to put 10 men behind the ball before we cross the half way line.

We regularly put 10 men back for corners , we did yesterday quite early on, very negative

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

We need the old Hendo back. on 13:47 - Sep 29 with 2482 viewsjonahwhereru

As I mostly attend away games it took me a while to appreciate Hendo. When he was quite he was really quite. He actually had more influence on the game when he started going looking for the ball. I have always said he is a very good footballer and the best Dale finisher I have seen. I know it erk’s many but I like to see him drop deep and try to change the momentum of the game.
He was captain last year and had more discipline but still scored plenty, so don’t think the armband hinders him. Although I agree he is not a natural leader and Jim would be a better choice now he is a more or less guaranteed starter.
Jim is one of several players who can spot a quick forward pass, but Hendo and even more so Done are not great at staying on side, which frustrates the hell out of me.
But he is still worth his place in every starting line up for me.
We need the old Hendo back. on 15:16 - Sep 29 with 2365 views49thseason

No one doubts Hendersons ability, but he is a better player when he make things happen rather than waits for something to happen. If he is a bit wound up, he puts in a little bit more aggression and the whole team picks up on it then things begin to click into place.
One of the problems with all this playing out from the back is thst the forwards dont anticipate that they will get the pass, they only move once the pass has been made, too often they are playing with their backs to their opponents goal instead of being on the half turn and its much easier for a defender to defend against a 180 turn rather than a 90 degree turn where the forward is already running on to the ball.
We need the old Hendo back. on 09:51 - Sep 30 with 2065 viewsblackdogblue

We need the old Hendo back. on 13:00 - Sep 29 by 49thseason

How much of the 72% was passed between McNulty & MJ? RND was steaming for passed & shaking his head most of the 2nd half...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

We need the old Hendo back. on 11:41 - Sep 30 with 1954 viewsDaleiLama

We need the old Hendo back. on 09:51 - Sep 30 by blackdogblue

How much of the 72% was passed between McNulty & MJ? RND was steaming for passed & shaking his head most of the 2nd half...

The lack of passes played to RND when he was wide open was nearly as criminal as the damage to the WW bus!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

We need the old Hendo back. on 11:54 - Sep 30 with 1928 viewsonedalefan

We need the old Hendo back. on 09:51 - Sep 30 by blackdogblue

It's as if McNulty can't look left. Been doing it every game. He has to look to play the long pass across the field every time and 99% of them don't come off!
Login to get fewer ads

We need the old Hendo back. on 16:03 - Oct 1 with 1545 viewsDaleiLama

We need the old Hendo back. on 11:54 - Sep 30 by onedalefan

It's as if McNulty can't look left. Been doing it every game. He has to look to play the long pass across the field every time and 99% of them don't come off!

In view of the recently referenced analysis on RND ( https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/rhys-norrington-davies-201920- can't help but wonder if our recent drop off in form is at least partly linked to RND being less well supplied. It's a real head scratcher why he isn't utilised more often.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024