Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." 13:57 - Oct 9 with 18776 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/130638/rebel-rev

Poll: What is it to be then?

(No subject) on 20:26 - Oct 14 with 2262 viewsBigDaveMyCock

(No subject) on 18:46 - Oct 14 by rochdale_ranger

I was saying kids in Africa deserve to have the same benefits through industrialisation that we have in the West and be dammed to middle class climate protesters. I don’t see how that’s on a par with saying everything is Hitler.

The point I was making was that you can pretty much argue against any criticism of the way ‘things are’ by reduction to ‘you should be grateful you’re not a poor African child’.
I wasn’t saying everything was like Hitler was I? I said it was like an inverse Godwin’s Law where everything is compared to the poverty of African children. For example, you could argue that schools need to invest more in teaching IT. You could, however, counter that by saying no you should be grateful with what you’ve got as most kids in Africa don’t even go to school.
More broadly, it’s also not the case that Africa’s comparatively weaker development is a result of stifling environmental rules. It’s virtually a free for all there (environmentally speaking).
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 20:56]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

(No subject) on 20:36 - Oct 14 with 2254 viewsjudd

(No subject) on 20:26 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

The point I was making was that you can pretty much argue against any criticism of the way ‘things are’ by reduction to ‘you should be grateful you’re not a poor African child’.
I wasn’t saying everything was like Hitler was I? I said it was like an inverse Godwin’s Law where everything is compared to the poverty of African children. For example, you could argue that schools need to invest more in teaching IT. You could, however, counter that by saying no you should be grateful with what you’ve got as most kids in Africa don’t even go to school.
More broadly, it’s also not the case that Africa’s comparatively weaker development is a result of stifling environmental rules. It’s virtually a free for all there (environmentally speaking).

Prince Harry has just sorted Africa out. God bless the Royles.

Poll: What is it to be then?

(No subject) on 20:41 - Oct 14 with 2247 viewsBigDaveMyCock

(No subject) on 18:21 - Oct 14 by 49thseason

Perhaps you could provide a list of which treaties with the EEC that Thatcher signed that she might not have done had she been of any other mindset than the one I have described. She had no dealings with the European Union, she only dealt with the European Economic Community at a time when there was no focus on becoming a single state. Her only interest was economic, not a political construct.

49th. You want me to provide you with a “list of which treaties...Thatcher signed that she might not have done had she been of any other mindset than the one you described.”
Apologies but I genuinely have no fooking idea what you’re on about.

I can, however, categorically say that (mindset or otherwise) during her tenure the UK underwent significant economic and political European integration than that which existed prior to her first election.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 20:45]

(No subject) on 20:45 - Oct 14 with 2238 viewsBigDaveMyCock

(No subject) on 20:36 - Oct 14 by judd

Prince Harry has just sorted Africa out. God bless the Royles.

Wish he could sort my big daft thumbs out. Marked it down by accident.

(No subject) on 21:44 - Oct 14 with 2204 viewsrochdale_ranger

(No subject) on 20:26 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

That wasn’t my argument though. I was arguing that Africa and parts of Asia want the same comforts we have and will use their new found industrial base to get there. Much like China has. My argument wasn’t “Africa is a shithole so stop moaning and be happy with what you have got”
(No subject) on 22:03 - Oct 14 with 2178 viewsBigDaveMyCock

(No subject) on 21:44 - Oct 14 by rochdale_ranger

That wasn’t my argument though. I was arguing that Africa and parts of Asia want the same comforts we have and will use their new found industrial base to get there. Much like China has. My argument wasn’t “Africa is a shithole so stop moaning and be happy with what you have got”

18:39 11 October - you said, in relation to Greta Thunberg, ‘meanwhile kids in Africa can only dream of the life she has’.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 22:04]

(No subject) on 22:14 - Oct 14 with 2163 viewsrochdale_ranger

(No subject) on 22:03 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

18:39 11 October - you said, in relation to Greta Thunberg, ‘meanwhile kids in Africa can only dream of the life she has’.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 22:04]

And then I followed it up with a reply about how countries in Africa and parts of Asia will and are becoming industrialised and living standards are rising.
(No subject) on 22:26 - Oct 14 with 2149 viewsD_Alien

(No subject) on 14:16 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

God bless you DAlien. Footage of the rabble rousing ‘no,no,no’ speech. Come on, Maggie always used anti-EU rhetoric but always signed on the dotted line. Single European Act for example.

And god bless you, dear

It's called "acting in the national interest", and she signed on the dotted line after securing major concessions including the rebate after they'd been ripping us off since our original entry into the EEC (otherwise why would they have agreed to it?)

Going back even further though, i think General De Gaulle's "Non, Non, Non" was prescient in that he understood how having the UK within the European political fold would result in tensions which have taken 50 years to come to the boil. We're better off out of the political union; and they're better off without us, except financially of course

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 23:21 - Oct 14 with 2114 viewsBigDaveMyCock

(No subject) on 22:26 - Oct 14 by D_Alien

And god bless you, dear

It's called "acting in the national interest", and she signed on the dotted line after securing major concessions including the rebate after they'd been ripping us off since our original entry into the EEC (otherwise why would they have agreed to it?)

Going back even further though, i think General De Gaulle's "Non, Non, Non" was prescient in that he understood how having the UK within the European political fold would result in tensions which have taken 50 years to come to the boil. We're better off out of the political union; and they're better off without us, except financially of course

Your guts have gone again.

(No subject) on 23:23 - Oct 14 with 2108 viewsBigDaveMyCock

(No subject) on 22:14 - Oct 14 by rochdale_ranger

And then I followed it up with a reply about how countries in Africa and parts of Asia will and are becoming industrialised and living standards are rising.

Oh good that changes everything then.

(No subject) on 08:07 - Oct 15 with 2031 viewskiwidale

Inconvenient fact No 1 Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant its actually good for plants humans and the planet although it is akin to nuclear radiation to the doomsayers

This is not the time for bickering.

(No subject) on 08:48 - Oct 15 with 2009 viewsD_Alien

(No subject) on 23:21 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

Your guts have gone again.

Keep your nose out of my underpants

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

(No subject) on 18:19 - Oct 18 with 1874 viewsJumeirahDale

(No subject) on 18:39 - Oct 11 by rochdale_ranger

I’ve not heard her say anything other then how her childhood is being wrecked and then she began to spontaneously combust when the Donald arrived at the UN and upstaged her. Meanwhile kids in Africa could only dream of the lifestyle and comfort her life affords her from the trappings of capitalism and living in the west. Greta and the whole rebellion crowd really encapsulate what white Privilege really is.

Apologies for the late reply (mortgage-paying adult responsibilities, which it seems you have too). I won't repeat BDMC's point which covers the raging gap in your argument, but you didn't really answer my question. Is it her youth, gender, or Scandinavian-ness (Scandinavianicity?) that prevents you from taking her seriously?
(No subject) on 19:59 - Oct 18 with 1794 viewsJimmyRustler

(No subject) on 18:19 - Oct 18 by JumeirahDale

Apologies for the late reply (mortgage-paying adult responsibilities, which it seems you have too). I won't repeat BDMC's point which covers the raging gap in your argument, but you didn't really answer my question. Is it her youth, gender, or Scandinavian-ness (Scandinavianicity?) that prevents you from taking her seriously?

I just feel sorry for her really. She speaks about her childhood but hasn't that already been decimated when your best years are spent being coached and drilled into becoming a public mouthpiece?

"She first heard about climate change when she was 8 and could not understand why so little was being done about it."

Come on...
(No subject) on 20:08 - Oct 18 with 1788 viewsDale23years

It's the fact that she hasn't got a scooby doo what she's blabbering on about ,when she not reading from a script.

It's also the fact she cant answer the simple questions on climate change.

She should sick to being a member of a violent left wing group like her mum and dad
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 21:02]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

(No subject) on 20:28 - Oct 18 with 1775 viewsrochdale_ranger

The hypocrisy.
(No subject) on 22:46 - Oct 18 with 1710 viewsrochdaleriddler

(No subject) on 20:08 - Oct 18 by Dale23years

It's the fact that she hasn't got a scooby doo what she's blabbering on about ,when she not reading from a script.

She should sick to being a member of a violent left wing group like her mum and dad

She does say listen to the scientists, not her

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

(No subject) on 11:59 - Oct 19 with 1647 viewsShun

(No subject) on 20:08 - Oct 18 by Dale23years

You’re slating a girl who’s still in school for not being able to answer questions about climate change? It doesn’t take a genius to know that climate change is real (apart from to the tin foil hat, truth is out there brigade - DorsetDale, kiwidale et al.), but she isn’t there to get into the science of it or to find a solution for it. That’s for, well, the scientists.

She’s there to lobby world leaders and, crucially, to raise the conversation - which she’s been hugely successful in doing.

Some of the abuse she’s receiving is scandalous, but it says more about her abusers than her - the same kind of people (men) who are intimidated by any kind of woman with a modicum of intelligence, charisma or power.
(No subject) on 12:24 - Oct 19 with 1626 viewsDale23years

(No subject) on 11:59 - Oct 19 by Shun

You’re slating a girl who’s still in school for not being able to answer questions about climate change? It doesn’t take a genius to know that climate change is real (apart from to the tin foil hat, truth is out there brigade - DorsetDale, kiwidale et al.), but she isn’t there to get into the science of it or to find a solution for it. That’s for, well, the scientists.

She’s there to lobby world leaders and, crucially, to raise the conversation - which she’s been hugely successful in doing.

Some of the abuse she’s receiving is scandalous, but it says more about her abusers than her - the same kind of people (men) who are intimidated by any kind of woman with a modicum of intelligence, charisma or power.

If she's so passionate about climate change she would be able to answer the simple questions about it, but she cant, look at her videos.

I agree about the abuse she gets, it's totally out of order but if you put yourself in that environment regardless of your age ,you leave yourself open for criticism/abuse.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

(No subject) on 13:32 - Oct 19 with 1589 viewsrochdale_ranger

(No subject) on 13:36 - Oct 19 with 1587 viewsrochdale_ranger

Why is everything always motivated by misogyny or sexism or any other kind of ism with you people. If you make a kid with obvious mental health issues the spokesman for your global movement you’re going to get people taking the piss on social media.
(No subject) on 22:30 - Oct 19 with 1492 viewsDorsetDale

Shun, I have a modicum of respect for you simply because you post sensible football related opinions. But if you wish to debate other issues I'm more than capable of taking your inane uneducated bullshit apart. Instead of referring to me without any facts, how about showing us some errm truth

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

(No subject) on 00:42 - Oct 21 with 1359 viewsJumeirahDale

(No subject) on 13:36 - Oct 19 by rochdale_ranger

Why is everything always motivated by misogyny or sexism or any other kind of ism with you people. If you make a kid with obvious mental health issues the spokesman for your global movement you’re going to get people taking the piss on social media.

Because you said you couldn't take her seriously and you won't say why that is?

And I'm sorry for inconveniencing you, but can you expand on that last sentence? A spokesperson with Aspergers Syndrome should expect to have the piss taken on social media? Shouldn't you be asking yourself how f*cked up that is? Absolutely astounding.
(No subject) on 09:17 - Oct 21 with 1216 viewsJimmyRustler

(No subject) on 00:42 - Oct 21 by JumeirahDale

Because you said you couldn't take her seriously and you won't say why that is?

And I'm sorry for inconveniencing you, but can you expand on that last sentence? A spokesperson with Aspergers Syndrome should expect to have the piss taken on social media? Shouldn't you be asking yourself how f*cked up that is? Absolutely astounding.

It's equally as "f*cked up" that she was put in this position with her mental health history. Rightly or wrongly (mostly the latter), you open yourself up to all sorts of critcism when you get thrust into the public eye.

However, that isn't a consideration that was hers to make. The abuse she is receiving is unwarranted and should be directed towards those who did this to her
(No subject) on 10:41 - Oct 21 with 1160 viewstony_roch975

(No subject) on 13:36 - Oct 19 by rochdale_ranger

are you arguing that is a good thing - do you agree with taking the piss out of those who are seen as 'different' or 'weaker' than oneself or just that there are people with a very low bar in their moral compass although you don't agree with them?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024