Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." 13:57 - Oct 9 with 19123 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/130638/rebel-rev

Poll: What is it to be then?

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 12:08 - Oct 12 with 2186 viewsroccydaleian

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 11:15 - Oct 12 by BigDaveMyCock

Ranger. You’re 26 years old. Last night, a Friday night, you were desperately posting for someone to engage with you. Each post desperately trying to me more shocking than the last one.
As a comparison, at your age, I was living in Berlin. Believe me sunshine, I wasn’t doing what you do on a Friday night.
Do yourself a favour and go do something worthwhile.
If you actually go and achieve something you’ll find it no longer necessary to spout right wing politics of blame as an excuse for your own inadequacies.

Nice one. Telling people what they should be doing on a Friday night now. Well we all have one thing in common, the Dale. How’s about we all arrange a meet up before a game and have a reet good natter?
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 12:32 - Oct 12 with 2143 viewsrochdale_ranger

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 12:08 - Oct 12 by roccydaleian

Nice one. Telling people what they should be doing on a Friday night now. Well we all have one thing in common, the Dale. How’s about we all arrange a meet up before a game and have a reet good natter?

I don’t know why he’s feeling the need to be personal or brag about living in Berlin to be honest. I referred to him as bitter because that’s how he comes across on here when he’s swearing at people and droning on about Brexit he could be a lovely person in real life. He’s on an online anonymous forum I don’t know or wish to know about him or his past. Sad really.
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 14:07 - Oct 12 with 2048 viewskiwidale

https://principia-scientific.org/chemistry-expert-carbon-dioxide-cant-cause-glob […]

This is not the time for bickering.

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 21:52 - Oct 13 with 1906 viewskiwidale

If you needed further proof that climate activists are head in the sand idiots.

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 22:24 - Oct 13 with 1854 viewsrochdaleriddler

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 21:52 - Oct 13 by kiwidale

If you needed further proof that climate activists are head in the sand idiots.

Zzzzx

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 22:55 - Oct 13 with 1833 viewskiwidale

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 22:24 - Oct 13 by rochdaleriddler

Zzzzx

To be fair Riddler I've got you down as more of an head up you're arse'r

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 23:00 - Oct 13 with 1820 viewsrochdaleriddler

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 22:55 - Oct 13 by kiwidale

To be fair Riddler I've got you down as more of an head up you're arse'r

I’ve got you down as an arse tbf

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 23:07 - Oct 13 with 1811 viewsrochdale_ranger

Good old gap year Dave was right. I really should spend less time on here.
Login to get fewer ads

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 23:13 - Oct 13 with 1805 viewsrochdaleriddler

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 23:07 - Oct 13 by rochdale_ranger

Good old gap year Dave was right. I really should spend less time on here.

Bye bye

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 23:18 - Oct 13 with 1795 viewsrochdale_ranger

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 23:13 - Oct 13 by rochdaleriddler

Bye bye

Ta ra cocker
(No subject) on 05:22 - Oct 14 with 1733 viewskiwidale

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 23:00 - Oct 13 by rochdaleriddler

I’ve got you down as an arse tbf

Its amazing Riddler how you have suddenly become an authority on climate change however this is what the CV of somebody who knows what he is talking about looks like.

https://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2019/09/this-is-the-cv-of-just-one-of-500-scien

If you want to hear him debunking global warming listen here.

https://audioboom.com/posts/1504645-professor-richard-s-lindzen

Nancy said in reply...
Huh, just because he has a few letters after his name he thinks he knows more than a 16 year old school girl and Riddler... age unknown.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 5:52]

(No subject) on 07:47 - Oct 14 with 1673 viewsBigDaveMyCock

(No subject) on 10:47 - Oct 12 by R17ALE

I think I agree with you, and your post is the best yet (unintended I know) on why we should leave the EU for economic reasons alone.

Indeed, should I ever waver, I only need to re-read your post to remind me that the likes of Michael Foot and Tony Benn were right all along back in the day.

Only just seen this, been away.
So you’re suggesting that remaining in the EU will render us comparable with an African country? If so, that just basically isn’t the case is it?
I’m genuinely baffled at the mention of Tony Benn and Michael Foot. As you rightly state, they were leavers. It may have escaped your attention but I’m not. They shared the same position as you, not me!! My position is far more in common with the likes of Ken Clarke or Dominic Greave. However, that doesn’t caricature me as an extreme communist does it?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 7:51]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

(No subject) on 10:56 - Oct 14 with 1562 viewsR17ALE

(No subject) on 07:47 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

Only just seen this, been away.
So you’re suggesting that remaining in the EU will render us comparable with an African country? If so, that just basically isn’t the case is it?
I’m genuinely baffled at the mention of Tony Benn and Michael Foot. As you rightly state, they were leavers. It may have escaped your attention but I’m not. They shared the same position as you, not me!! My position is far more in common with the likes of Ken Clarke or Dominic Greave. However, that doesn’t caricature me as an extreme communist does it?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 7:51]

Blimey, you don’t half put words into people’s mouths!

I’ll take your points chronologically....

“So you’re suggesting that remaining in the EU will render us comparable with an African country?”
No. I didn’t say that, and no in any case.

“I’m genuinely baffled at the mention of Tony Benn and Michael Foot. As you rightly state, they were leavers.”
No. I didn’t state that, and technically they were never leavers. Learn your stuff.

“They shared the same position as you, not me!!”
No. They didn’t. I was in short pants/nappies back then.

“However, that doesn’t caricature me as an extreme communist does it?”
No. And I never insinuated that it does either.

I’m happy to engage but if you’re jumping to random conclusions based on what you think you’ve read, it’s difficult to engage seriously.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

(No subject) on 11:03 - Oct 14 with 1554 viewsBigDaveMyCock

(No subject) on 10:56 - Oct 14 by R17ALE

Blimey, you don’t half put words into people’s mouths!

I’ll take your points chronologically....

“So you’re suggesting that remaining in the EU will render us comparable with an African country?”
No. I didn’t say that, and no in any case.

“I’m genuinely baffled at the mention of Tony Benn and Michael Foot. As you rightly state, they were leavers.”
No. I didn’t state that, and technically they were never leavers. Learn your stuff.

“They shared the same position as you, not me!!”
No. They didn’t. I was in short pants/nappies back then.

“However, that doesn’t caricature me as an extreme communist does it?”
No. And I never insinuated that it does either.

I’m happy to engage but if you’re jumping to random conclusions based on what you think you’ve read, it’s difficult to engage seriously.

More than happy to engage seriously.
Please enlighten me as to why you thought my response to Ranger was the “best yet as to why we should leave the EU” and, furthermore, why you mentioned Benn and Foot?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 11:16]

(No subject) on 11:28 - Oct 14 with 1536 viewsR17ALE

(No subject) on 11:03 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

More than happy to engage seriously.
Please enlighten me as to why you thought my response to Ranger was the “best yet as to why we should leave the EU” and, furthermore, why you mentioned Benn and Foot?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 11:16]

More than happy to oblige! I have observed your previously stated desire that looking after the poorest in society is morally the right thing to do, and is important to you. I agree with you as well.

Back in the early 70s when the UK applied to join the EEC the euro-sceptics of that day were Benn and Foot (amongst others), and Euro-scepticism was generally the preserve of the left. The waters were muddied to a degree when Enoch Powell threw his weight against joining albeit for different reasons. Think Corbyn/Farage on the same platform today.

One of the reasons the left were against a European trading alliance, was that it would put tariffs on produce and goods from the poorest countries eg Africa and if they were to therefore sell less to Europe they would inevitably become poorer. Over time, they argued, this could lead to a jealousy of the West plus the possibility of economic migrants wanting to enter the West.

Also, bear in mind at this time, Europe was only 25 years or so fresh from WW2 and were engaged in the Cold War. Unity probably felt the safer option I imagine.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

(No subject) on 11:58 - Oct 14 with 1514 viewsBigDaveMyCock

(No subject) on 11:28 - Oct 14 by R17ALE

More than happy to oblige! I have observed your previously stated desire that looking after the poorest in society is morally the right thing to do, and is important to you. I agree with you as well.

Back in the early 70s when the UK applied to join the EEC the euro-sceptics of that day were Benn and Foot (amongst others), and Euro-scepticism was generally the preserve of the left. The waters were muddied to a degree when Enoch Powell threw his weight against joining albeit for different reasons. Think Corbyn/Farage on the same platform today.

One of the reasons the left were against a European trading alliance, was that it would put tariffs on produce and goods from the poorest countries eg Africa and if they were to therefore sell less to Europe they would inevitably become poorer. Over time, they argued, this could lead to a jealousy of the West plus the possibility of economic migrants wanting to enter the West.

Also, bear in mind at this time, Europe was only 25 years or so fresh from WW2 and were engaged in the Cold War. Unity probably felt the safer option I imagine.

My response to Ranger was that he was using poor kids in Africa as a tool with which to discredit Greta Thurnberg’s climate change arguments. I suggested that this approach was like an inverse Godwins Law where nothing can be critiqued because of a reduction down to the argument of poor children in Africa.
With regards to your point on the anti-EU left of the 1970s, the most prevalent argument forwarded was that it was, as Benn termed, a ‘capitalist club’ that sought to neo-liberalise Europe. Hence why people like Margaret Thatcher were very pro EU at the time.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 12:07]

(No subject) on 12:43 - Oct 14 with 1470 views49thseason

(No subject) on 11:58 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

My response to Ranger was that he was using poor kids in Africa as a tool with which to discredit Greta Thurnberg’s climate change arguments. I suggested that this approach was like an inverse Godwins Law where nothing can be critiqued because of a reduction down to the argument of poor children in Africa.
With regards to your point on the anti-EU left of the 1970s, the most prevalent argument forwarded was that it was, as Benn termed, a ‘capitalist club’ that sought to neo-liberalise Europe. Hence why people like Margaret Thatcher were very pro EU at the time.

Thatcher was pro EC not EU . As soon as they started to become some sort of superstate, she realised what was in store for the UK if we stayed in. The European Community was what we joined , the EU is something totally different.
(No subject) on 12:48 - Oct 14 with 1461 viewsBigDaveMyCock

(No subject) on 12:43 - Oct 14 by 49thseason

Thatcher was pro EC not EU . As soon as they started to become some sort of superstate, she realised what was in store for the UK if we stayed in. The European Community was what we joined , the EU is something totally different.

We were talking about the 1970s. I was referring to the EU in its form then, I kind of guessed people would understand that.
Can you please tell me which treaty Thatcher didn’t sign up to in her tenure?
Please, please, please don’t cut and paste some nonsense from your Facebook feed or from Youtube as that somehow winning the argument.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 12:52]

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 12:57 - Oct 14 with 1438 viewsBigDaveMyCock

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 12:08 - Oct 12 by roccydaleian

Happy to share a Cherry B with anyone.

(No subject) on 13:49 - Oct 14 with 1385 viewsD_Alien

(No subject) on 12:48 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

We were talking about the 1970s. I was referring to the EU in its form then, I kind of guessed people would understand that.
Please, please, please don’t cut and paste some nonsense from your Facebook feed or from Youtube as that somehow winning the argument.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

(No subject) on 14:16 - Oct 14 with 1355 viewsBigDaveMyCock

(No subject) on 13:49 - Oct 14 by D_Alien

God bless you DAlien. Footage of the rabble rousing ‘no,no,no’ speech. Come on, Maggie always used anti-EU rhetoric but always signed on the dotted line. Single European Act for example.

(No subject) on 15:00 - Oct 14 with 1328 views49thseason

(No subject) on 12:48 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

I dont do farcebook, and since you obviously dont want to be presented with actual facts that might put your version of historical or current affairs in doubt, it makes any kind of debate somewhat redundant doesnt it? Just for the record, I voted against joining the European Community in 1975,, and in favour of leaving it in 2016, during the intervening years, I accepted the democratic decision of my fellow countrymen and women without resorting to incontinent wailing and moaning. Of course, those of you with bags of McCains on each shoulder find the concept of democracy quite difficult when you arent winning and tend to resort to ad hominem attacks on those who offer an alternative and perfctly legitimate viewpoint.

Verbatim from her famous "Bruges Speech";
:
"We have not successfully rolled back the frontiers of the state in Britain, only to see them reimposed at a European level with a European superstate exercising a new dominance from Brussels."
This of course, was over 3 decades ago and still the EC, but even then she realised that the momentum was towards political solutions rather than economic ones and was taking The EC in a direction which she would rail against albeit from within the organisation. Her view was that Britain should reform from within but its difficult to imagine she would have queued up to sell British interests down the river on the scale that has happened since. Her biographers and reviewers are divided about Thatcher and the EU (formed in 1993 and incorporating the EEC) . But she was of course ousted in 1990 by a cabal of Tories many of whom are now identified as anti-democratic europhile troughers..... which makes one wonder about their ulterior motives with regard to the imminent formation of the EU. It is notable that a certain John Major a member of the plotters was to quickly sign the UK into the EU at Maastricht without reference to the electorate and that Thatcher said in a Lords speech that it was " A Treaty I could never have signed".
(No subject) on 15:22 - Oct 14 with 1306 viewsBigDaveMyCock

(No subject) on 15:00 - Oct 14 by 49thseason

I dont do farcebook, and since you obviously dont want to be presented with actual facts that might put your version of historical or current affairs in doubt, it makes any kind of debate somewhat redundant doesnt it? Just for the record, I voted against joining the European Community in 1975,, and in favour of leaving it in 2016, during the intervening years, I accepted the democratic decision of my fellow countrymen and women without resorting to incontinent wailing and moaning. Of course, those of you with bags of McCains on each shoulder find the concept of democracy quite difficult when you arent winning and tend to resort to ad hominem attacks on those who offer an alternative and perfctly legitimate viewpoint.

Verbatim from her famous "Bruges Speech";
:
"We have not successfully rolled back the frontiers of the state in Britain, only to see them reimposed at a European level with a European superstate exercising a new dominance from Brussels."
This of course, was over 3 decades ago and still the EC, but even then she realised that the momentum was towards political solutions rather than economic ones and was taking The EC in a direction which she would rail against albeit from within the organisation. Her view was that Britain should reform from within but its difficult to imagine she would have queued up to sell British interests down the river on the scale that has happened since. Her biographers and reviewers are divided about Thatcher and the EU (formed in 1993 and incorporating the EEC) . But she was of course ousted in 1990 by a cabal of Tories many of whom are now identified as anti-democratic europhile troughers..... which makes one wonder about their ulterior motives with regard to the imminent formation of the EU. It is notable that a certain John Major a member of the plotters was to quickly sign the UK into the EU at Maastricht without reference to the electorate and that Thatcher said in a Lords speech that it was " A Treaty I could never have signed".

49TH. We can find numerous anti-European speeches from Maggie. However, speeches are speeches and treaties are treaties. When it came to Europe there was often a massive disconnect between what she said and what she actually agreed to. Her record in power, chest thumping speeches aside, is overwhelmingly one of European integration. Brexiters love to claim her as their own. Speeches yes, her actual record no.

(No subject) on 18:21 - Oct 14 with 1208 views49thseason

(No subject) on 15:22 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

49TH. We can find numerous anti-European speeches from Maggie. However, speeches are speeches and treaties are treaties. When it came to Europe there was often a massive disconnect between what she said and what she actually agreed to. Her record in power, chest thumping speeches aside, is overwhelmingly one of European integration. Brexiters love to claim her as their own. Speeches yes, her actual record no.

Perhaps you could provide a list of which treaties with the EEC that Thatcher signed that she might not have done had she been of any other mindset than the one I have described. She had no dealings with the European Union, she only dealt with the European Economic Community at a time when there was no focus on becoming a single state. Her only interest was economic, not a political construct.
(No subject) on 18:46 - Oct 14 with 1168 viewsrochdale_ranger

(No subject) on 11:58 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

I was saying kids in Africa deserve to have the same benefits through industrialisation that we have in the West and be dammed to middle class climate protesters. I don’t see how that’s on a par with saying everything is Hitler.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024