Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." 13:57 - Oct 9 with 18772 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/130638/rebel-rev

Poll: What is it to be then?

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 14:42 - Oct 9 with 7211 viewsEllDale

I respect his right to his opinions but isn't he risking his job and his pension here if he gets a criminal record as a result of this?
DBS checks and all that?
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 17:05 - Oct 9 with 6967 viewsrochdaleriddler

Top man, I think the number of arrests is over 700 now, wonder if Boris’s will be nicked, he was there

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 17:10 - Oct 9 with 6955 viewsrochdale_ranger

I think he should be more concerned with the amount of empty pews in his church of a Sunday morning rather then getting on board with the latest middle class activism fad. The new religion, totally bizarre.

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 17:35 - Oct 9 with 6908 viewsThacks_Rabbits

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 17:10 - Oct 9 by rochdale_ranger

I think he should be more concerned with the amount of empty pews in his church of a Sunday morning rather then getting on board with the latest middle class activism fad. The new religion, totally bizarre.

If everyone in the uk lived on lettuce, did not use electricity, had no cars, recycled everything and planted a tree a week randomly it would do sod all to help the environment in the greater scheme.

As the amazon burns and 3rd world countries in Asia and Africa do whatever they feel like to survive, nothing will change anyway, so these well meaning dickheads will achieve nothing but a bit of self importance, publicity and annoying the vast majority.

I bet the number of police in attendance and various journeys to various nicks has helped the environment no end, bloody yogurt knitting, swampy loving, rainbow wearing lefty turd monkeys!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 17:50 - Oct 9 with 6879 viewsrochdale_ranger

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 17:35 - Oct 9 by Thacks_Rabbits

If everyone in the uk lived on lettuce, did not use electricity, had no cars, recycled everything and planted a tree a week randomly it would do sod all to help the environment in the greater scheme.

As the amazon burns and 3rd world countries in Asia and Africa do whatever they feel like to survive, nothing will change anyway, so these well meaning dickheads will achieve nothing but a bit of self importance, publicity and annoying the vast majority.

I bet the number of police in attendance and various journeys to various nicks has helped the environment no end, bloody yogurt knitting, swampy loving, rainbow wearing lefty turd monkeys!

Whether or not I’m convinced that climate change is actually happening is another issue but there are so many public intellectuals that vouch for it. They could wheel out Noam Chomsky or a gang of scientists as their spokesmen. Instead they have a sixteen year d school girl with social interaction problems representing them and they are doing performance art on the bridges of London stopping people getting to their jobs.
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 17:54 - Oct 9 with 6870 viewsShun

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 17:50 - Oct 9 by rochdale_ranger

Whether or not I’m convinced that climate change is actually happening is another issue but there are so many public intellectuals that vouch for it. They could wheel out Noam Chomsky or a gang of scientists as their spokesmen. Instead they have a sixteen year d school girl with social interaction problems representing them and they are doing performance art on the bridges of London stopping people getting to their jobs.

You... aren’t convinced that climate change is real? Are you an anti-vaxxer too? A flat-Earther perhaps?
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 17:57 - Oct 9 with 6862 viewsrochdale_ranger

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 17:54 - Oct 9 by Shun

You... aren’t convinced that climate change is real? Are you an anti-vaxxer too? A flat-Earther perhaps?

Unlike most on here I don’t know everything and I don’t know enough about the subject to say yes or no. Wind your neck in.
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 19:04 - Oct 9 with 6766 viewsrochdaleriddler

I don’t know who ‘they’ are, but there are v few scientists that don’t agree it’s an issue.i don’t think Greta has been ‘wheeled out’ By anyone, according to her, her family try and stop her.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 19:06 - Oct 9 with 6758 viewsrochdaleriddler

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 17:35 - Oct 9 by Thacks_Rabbits

How v simplistic, lots of right wingers who aren’t in the pay of the oil companies think there is a climate crisis, including the PM’s Dad

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 19:35 - Oct 9 with 6706 viewsmoth5368

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 17:57 - Oct 9 by rochdale_ranger

Unlike most on here I don’t know everything and I don’t know enough about the subject to say yes or no. Wind your neck in.

That’s funny, somebody with their head in the sand telling someone else to wind their neck in. Do you not go outside or watch the news?
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 19:37 - Oct 9 with 6702 viewsrochdale_ranger

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 19:06 - Oct 9 by rochdaleriddler

How v simplistic, lots of right wingers who aren’t in the pay of the oil companies think there is a climate crisis, including the PM’s Dad

The JC’s brother is a sceptic of the man made climate change theories.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/jeremy-corbyn-s-brothe
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 19:37 - Oct 9 with 6701 viewsrochdale_ranger

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 19:35 - Oct 9 by moth5368

That’s funny, somebody with their head in the sand telling someone else to wind their neck in. Do you not go outside or watch the news?

Had to defrost the car the other morning. Could of done with a big fat dose of global warming to be honest.
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 19:49 - Oct 9 with 6676 viewsroccydaleian

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 19:37 - Oct 9 by rochdale_ranger

The JC’s brother is a sceptic of the man made climate change theories.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/jeremy-corbyn-s-brothe

Andrew Neil has just torn an ER spokeswoman to bits on BBC2.
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 20:21 - Oct 9 with 6608 views49thseason

There are currently 415Parts per million of CO2 in the atmosphere. At 150 PPM, plants and everyone else dies. if we DOUBLE the amount of CO2 to 800PPM plants thrive, everyone eats and and temperatures rise by less than 1%

A must watch.... the difference between Sky News in the UK and Sky in Australia is stark.

Climate change is a hoax perpetrated by people who want to destroy capitalism.

For a longer read, try this which contains some actual science rather than incontinent screaming
http://co2coalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Primer-on-CO2-and-Climate-1.p
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 21:01 - Oct 9 with 6548 viewsrochdaleriddler

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 20:21 - Oct 9 by 49thseason

There are currently 415Parts per million of CO2 in the atmosphere. At 150 PPM, plants and everyone else dies. if we DOUBLE the amount of CO2 to 800PPM plants thrive, everyone eats and and temperatures rise by less than 1%

A must watch.... the difference between Sky News in the UK and Sky in Australia is stark.

For a longer read, try this which contains some actual science rather than incontinent screaming
http://co2coalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Primer-on-CO2-and-Climate-1.p

CO2 coalition is funded by right wing climate change deniers, with links to the oil industry. The Koch brothers and the right wing Mercer foundation. The guardian exposed scientists who were willing to write this tripe for money in 2015

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 21:24 - Oct 9 with 6517 viewskiwidale

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 17:54 - Oct 9 by Shun

That would be me.

This is not the time for bickering.

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 22:03 - Oct 9 with 6481 viewstony_roch975

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 20:21 - Oct 9 by 49thseason

.. does that mean stopping climate change will not only save the planet but destroy capitalism? Looking forward to your arguments against it.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 22:23 - Oct 9 with 6424 viewsrochdale_ranger

They will move on when they get a new fad to jump on in a few months time. A year or two ago they were marching against austerity measures claiming the “cuts were killing people” then that died down.

Then it was marches and protests against Brexit. Then they all went on the march against trump when he visited. Going back to my point that activism is becoming a religion in this country for some people. It’s defiantly true, the mere hint that I don’t buy into the climate change argument resulted in me being treat like a heretic by shun.

This is what happens when student politics infects everything. The country is turning into one big campus.
(No subject) on 23:47 - Oct 9 with 6323 viewskiwidale

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 22:03 - Oct 9 by tony_roch975

.. does that mean stopping climate change will not only save the planet but destroy capitalism? Looking forward to your arguments against it.

Did you listen to anything that one of the worlds foremost experts said on the climate change hoax? did you miss what he said about no rising sea levels or are you too indoctrinated to question. I guess you wont believe a word of this...

Of course Greta knows best after all she is 16 with a degree in look at me which she got from her mother another actress.

[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 0:00]

This is not the time for bickering.

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 23:54 - Oct 9 with 6320 viewsrochdale_ranger

(No subject) on 23:47 - Oct 9 by kiwidale

Did you listen to anything that one of the worlds foremost experts said on the climate change hoax? did you miss what he said about no rising sea levels or are you too indoctrinated to question. I guess you wont believe a word of this...

Of course Greta knows best after all she is 16 with a degree in look at me which she got from her mother another actress.

Suggest to the same kind of people mass migration is getting a bit out of hand........ build on the green belt they say there is lots of room in England. They don’t Care about climate change it’s narcissism pure and simple. And what’s the point of arguing with someone who slags of the free market? Capitalism isn’t a prerequisite of a free society. It is however an essential ingredient.
(No subject) on 07:19 - Oct 10 with 6209 viewsrochdaleriddler

(No subject) on 23:47 - Oct 9 by kiwidale

I always look at who is paying for the research, this stops me from believing any old shit

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 07:26 - Oct 10 with 6198 viewsrochdaleriddler

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 22:23 - Oct 9 by rochdale_ranger

They will move on when they get a new fad to jump on in a few months time. A year or two ago they were marching against austerity measures claiming the “cuts were killing people” then that died down.

Then it was marches and protests against Brexit. Then they all went on the march against trump when he visited. Going back to my point that activism is becoming a religion in this country for some people. It’s defiantly true, the mere hint that I don’t buy into the climate change argument resulted in me being treat like a heretic by shun.

This is what happens when student politics infects everything. The country is turning into one big campus.

Or maybe it’s that some people care about the environment, care about their fellow human beings, detest racists, etc . Nothing ever changes without protest, we don’t have enough of it.

(No subject) on 07:51 - Oct 10 with 6170 viewsSwissdale

Jesus Christ this is a depressing paragraph, a real-life example of how a large proportion of society are no longer interested in facts, and will simply believe what makes them feel comfortable/ exonerate them of responsibility.

1 - Man-made climate change is absolutely real. You don’t have to be a climatologist to know this, you just have to listen to the overwhelming majority of expert opinion. Similarly if a series of doctors told you you had a disease, would you believe them? or because you didn’t like their diagnosis would you consult with a witch-doctor?

2- Nobody has “rolled out” Greta Thunberg as a spokesman. As a schoolgirl she started a global movement - a fairly impressive feat. The fact that middle-aged men want to comment on her social skills is absolutely laughable, she’s already achieved more in her life than most people ever will.

3 - ’They’ have “rolled out” a ”gang of scientists”, but some people, like yourself seems to have had enough of the experts. I’m not sure if you follow the news much (I.e not your Facebook feed, or crack-pot YouTube channels) but gangs of scientists have been releasing research papers on this for about 30 years.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 7:52]
"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 08:01 - Oct 10 with 6155 viewsBigDaveMyCock

"Rochdale boys, we are here..." on 22:23 - Oct 9 by rochdale_ranger

Let’s just hypothesize that we don’t get a deal and we avoid leaving on a no deal on the 31st and Brexiters take to the streets in protest. Would you support them?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

(No subject) on 08:53 - Oct 10 with 6110 viewsDaleiLama

(No subject) on 07:51 - Oct 10 by Swissdale

Jesus Christ this is a depressing paragraph, a real-life example of how a large proportion of society are no longer interested in facts, and will simply believe what makes them feel comfortable/ exonerate them of responsibility.

1 - Man-made climate change is absolutely real. You don’t have to be a climatologist to know this, you just have to listen to the overwhelming majority of expert opinion. Similarly if a series of doctors told you you had a disease, would you believe them? or because you didn’t like their diagnosis would you consult with a witch-doctor?

2- Nobody has “rolled out” Greta Thunberg as a spokesman. As a schoolgirl she started a global movement - a fairly impressive feat. The fact that middle-aged men want to comment on her social skills is absolutely laughable, she’s already achieved more in her life than most people ever will.

3 - ’They’ have “rolled out” a ”gang of scientists”, but some people, like yourself seems to have had enough of the experts. I’m not sure if you follow the news much (I.e not your Facebook feed, or crack-pot YouTube channels) but gangs of scientists have been releasing research papers on this for about 30 years.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 7:52]

Bravo.

I wasn't going to bother commenting on this thread (as a trained scientist) as it's been done before and entrenched views are rarely changed so I usually don't take the cheese or try to oppose the ostriches (if I can mix my metaphors). The really scary thing is if we approach trigger events which are irreversible and things then snowball. It's like when people get in their car, put their seat belt on and think they are invulnerable. Time is the only way to tell, but why gamble with the future?

What we as a race are doing to our planet is criminal - not just climate but wildlife habitats, waste, conspicuous consumption whilst illegal actions to make money to feed families is happening down the road. Greater personal responsibility is coming, but too little and way too late. Single use plastics don't cause problems in oceans, the tossers (literally) who dispose of them irresponsibly do. Selfishness + a live for the day attitude paint a bleak picture for the future.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024