Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Look out James! Incoming! 11:57 - Oct 10 with 6391 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Is there a signing afoot?......Twitter suggests so.
Look out James! Incoming! on 12:05 - Oct 10 with 4765 viewsShun

Paul McShane. Defender with masses of Championship experience.
Look out James! Incoming! on 12:06 - Oct 10 with 4752 viewsJames1980

Look out James! Incoming! on 12:05 - Oct 10 by Shun

Paul McShane. Defender with masses of Championship experience.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/october/paulmcshanesigns/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Look out James! Incoming! on 12:13 - Oct 10 with 4695 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Get the EFL and FA clearances sorted TODAY and in the team for tomorrow please BBM?

Need this lad.
Look out James! Incoming! on 12:14 - Oct 10 with 4690 viewsSuddenLad

Hi-de-Hi Paul. Welcome to Spotland. 😄

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Look out James! Incoming! on 12:18 - Oct 10 with 4661 views442Dale

Look out James! Incoming! on 12:13 - Oct 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Get the EFL and FA clearances sorted TODAY and in the team for tomorrow please BBM?

Need this lad.

Or the team on Saturday.

Exactly the sort of signing we needed. Well done to all concerned in getting this done.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Look out James! Incoming! on 12:18 - Oct 10 with 4655 viewssweetcorn

Cracking signing on paper

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Look out James! Incoming! on 12:23 - Oct 10 with 4614 viewsoddjob007

Impressive signing if we can keep him fit!
Look out James! Incoming! on 12:32 - Oct 10 with 4562 viewsShun

Agree with others, he looks a great signing. Also made famous from Shun’s Football Manager 2005 Champions League winning squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Look out James! Incoming! on 12:34 - Oct 10 with 4552 viewsfitzochris

Circle. Message. Hand clap emoji. Send.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Look out James! Incoming! on 12:35 - Oct 10 with 4541 viewsdawlishdale

Pleased that we have moved to sign a defender. We can't expect him to be match fit so some caution required regards expectations for the short term....hasn't played any football so far this season and only 5 games all last season at Reading.

Welcome Paul...hope you do well here.
Look out James! Incoming! on 12:42 - Oct 10 with 4490 viewsTomRAFC

Could be a similar moment as to when we signed Keith Keane. Experienced and with good fighting spirit.

Get a few players fit again and perhaps some pace up top. Then we can see if the squad can dominate games the way they did earlier in the season.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Look out James! Incoming! on 13:01 - Oct 10 with 4396 viewsDaleiLama

Don't know if this is a spoof or not but Real didn't seem to think much of him? Chuckle.

Real Madrid later issued a press release which stated: “We have notified Sergio of the situation and he and his family are safe. We do not condone the action of Mr. McShane and hope to never see something like this happen again. We believe that he would not have been successful because do you honestly think a pale, ginger Irishman who plays like a horse on an exercise ball would have gone unnoticed?”

https://www.benchwarmers.ie/banter/paul-mcshane-breaks-into-a-spanish-villa-and-

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Look out James! Incoming! on 14:17 - Oct 10 with 4169 viewsregjenkins

Welcome Paul. Do your best to stop the leaks and whilst your at it a few goals in the opponants net would be appreciated.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Look out James! Incoming! on 14:38 - Oct 10 with 4105 viewsJimmyRustler

The fact that he's come to us would suggest he didn't have many offers further up the food chain. This worries me. Can we run a sweepstake on how many games he plays for us?
Look out James! Incoming! on 14:41 - Oct 10 with 4079 viewsShun

Look out James! Incoming! on 14:38 - Oct 10 by JimmyRustler

The fact that he's come to us would suggest he didn't have many offers further up the food chain. This worries me. Can we run a sweepstake on how many games he plays for us?

I would hope he plays on Saturday, if only because if he doesn’t we’ll have a hilarious back-line of Keohane, Williams, Andrew, and Gillam.
Look out James! Incoming! on 14:41 - Oct 10 with 4080 viewsfitzochris

Look out James! Incoming! on 14:38 - Oct 10 by JimmyRustler

Apparently he did, but is pretty much guaranteed a start with us. If he does well, he can move on in January, I'm sure. Unless he likes it so much here.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Look out James! Incoming! on 15:09 - Oct 10 with 3980 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Look out James! Incoming! on 12:23 - Oct 10 by oddjob007

Impressive signing if we can keep him fit!

another Macca in defence!
Look out James! Incoming! on 15:22 - Oct 10 with 3931 viewskiwidale

If he is match fit and can remain free from injuries he might be a sensational signing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_McShane_(footballer)

This is not the time for bickering.

Look out James! Incoming! on 16:53 - Oct 10 with 3691 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Look out James! Incoming! on 15:22 - Oct 10 by kiwidale

If he is match fit and can remain free from injuries he might be a sensational signing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_McShane_(footballer)

I honestly think this is one of the best signings we have potentially made for years, just what we needed, experience, solid, played at the top level and probably knows BBM.

334 games is not a lot for a guy his age but injuries and the fact he was in the premier for a fair bit of his career explain that. If he plays to the level he can, he is better than this level and will have opportunities to go elsewhere, unless he likes it here.

Very positive signing though so well done to the club. (Ps can we no have Robbie Keane here for some banter, sure he would love it)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Look out James! Incoming! on 17:48 - Oct 10 with 3551 viewsjonahwhereru

A necessary and sound signing. I doubt he will be up to speed, but if he doesn’t get injured before the weekend he needs to play. We need Jimmy for a fullback slot, probably right, with Gilliam on the left. Thinking him and Williams in the centre.
It is a very good paper signing, but I’m sure PG will be able to find a few reasons why we should calm down and realise what a poor signing this is.
Feel much more hopeful about the remainder of the month.
UTD
Look out James! Incoming! on 19:17 - Oct 10 with 3335 viewsTVOS1907

Look out James! Incoming! on 12:14 - Oct 10 by SuddenLad

Hi-de-Hi Paul. Welcome to Spotland. 😄

Shame we aren't sponsored by Bovis....

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Look out James! Incoming! on 19:45 - Oct 10 with 3268 viewsScunnydale

People have been asking whether we'd spend some of the Old Trafford cash on new signings.

Well, that's one for the money...
Look out James! Incoming! on 21:57 - Oct 10 with 3031 viewsdavidab2202

Hopefully this turns into a good signing for us. Just a thought in view of the fact that it is stated that talks have been ongoing with us "for a few weeks" whether the desperate plight we have found ourselves in as resulted in an increased offer to McShane
Look out James! Incoming! on 22:09 - Oct 10 with 2987 viewsjudd

Look out James! Incoming! on 19:45 - Oct 10 by Scunnydale

People have been asking whether we'd spend some of the Old Trafford cash on new signings.

Well, that's one for the money...

Did I read somewhere that we expected to make 2 or 3 months running costs (£350k per month = £700k/.£1.05m) from this tie, and then read the Ob saying we dragged £250k out of it?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Look out James! Incoming! on 08:59 - Oct 11 with 2647 viewsSuddenLad

Look out James! Incoming! on 22:09 - Oct 10 by judd

Did I read somewhere that we expected to make 2 or 3 months running costs (£350k per month = £700k/.£1.05m) from this tie, and then read the Ob saying we dragged £250k out of it?

You probably did read that. I wonder where they got those figures from and whether Diane Abbott had anything to do with calculating the share of the gate receipts. It doesn't seem to be realistic

There is a post somewhere giving a breakdown of the likely share, to each club, from a gate of 58,131, based on an average ticket price, after deductions for VAT, stewarding, policing, floodlighting and other necessary expenditures.

Based on a share of 45% per club (subject to above deductions) I seem to recall that the figure quoted as 'eventual share per club' was somewhere in the region of £500,000 to £525,000.

A TV pundit claimed that we'd 'make a million' from that fixture, which, just like the claim that we'd bank a quarter of a million, is probably just as inaccurate.

The actual amount will appear in the club accounts presumably, but that will be a long time away.

The rules for the Carabao Cup state:

20.1 The proceeds of all matches (including replayed matches and admittance to the Visiting Club’s home ground where a beam back is provided) after paying thereout the travelling expenses of the Visiting Club, the ground and other expenses of the match including Value Added Tax, floodlighting of the playing pitch and ancillary lighting (not to exceed £200), advertising, printing, postage, police charges, turnstile operators, stewards, contribution to first aid helpers, costs incurred pursuant to Rule 14.7 and clearing the ground of snow, provided in the case of the last mentioned item the Visiting Club is notified in advance of the match in question of the approximate cost (such net proceeds being hereinafter referred to as ‘the Net Cup Competition Gate’) shall save as set out below be divided as follows:

(a) the Clubs in The Premier League; and
(b) the Clubs in The League.
20.1.1 45 per cent to each Club taking part in such match.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024