Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Look out James! Incoming! 11:57 - Oct 10 with 6340 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Is there a signing afoot?......Twitter suggests so.
Look out James! Incoming! on 10:31 - Oct 11 with 1562 viewsRAFCBLUE

Look out James! Incoming! on 12:23 - Oct 10 by oddjob007

Impressive signing if we can keep him fit!

That's going to be the key.

According to Soccerbase he's only played in six competitive games since January 2018.

It's a marriage of convenience for both parties until January, as if he proves his fitness here he will get a better contract offer elsewhere, but he definitely ticks the experience box which will be of a great help to our younger players and the club as a whole.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Look out James! Incoming! on 13:07 - Oct 11 with 1407 viewsupthedale

Look out James! Incoming! on 14:41 - Oct 10 by fitzochris

Apparently he did, but is pretty much guaranteed a start with us. If he does well, he can move on in January, I'm sure. Unless he likes it so much here.

Weird that he's only signing for a club in October if he's had offers though.
Look out James! Incoming! on 14:54 - Oct 11 with 1295 viewsfitzochris

Look out James! Incoming! on 13:07 - Oct 11 by upthedale

Weird that he's only signing for a club in October if he's had offers though.

He's been on a programme over the summer and up until now to get himself up to match fitness.

He's been in talks with several clubs, including us, over an unspecified period.

Ta.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Look out James! Incoming! on 15:49 - Oct 11 with 1186 viewsSuddenLad

Look out James! Incoming! on 14:54 - Oct 11 by fitzochris

He's been on a programme over the summer and up until now to get himself up to match fitness.

He's been in talks with several clubs, including us, over an unspecified period.

Ta.

Why would anyone 'mark down' a post that is informative and relevant ?? Weird.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Look out James! Incoming! on 16:02 - Oct 11 with 1158 viewsShun

From BBM’s interview about him:

‘I think I owed it to the squad to bring someone like Paul in, allied to the backing from the Board, who have allowed me to do this which has been greatly appreciated.’

Am I wrong to find this a little concerning? How often do you see a manager thanking the board for allowing him to bring a player in? A manager shouldn’t have to feel grateful that they were ‘allowed’ to bring a player in, least of all a free transfer. I wouldn’t thank my boss for providing me with the tools I need to do my job.

Maybe I’m looking into it too deeply, but to me it just adds weight to the concerning stories we’ve heard about lack of funds and BBM for one reason or other not landing the players he wants.
Look out James! Incoming! on 16:27 - Oct 11 with 1107 viewsdawlishdale

Look out James! Incoming! on 16:02 - Oct 11 by Shun

From BBM’s interview about him:

‘I think I owed it to the squad to bring someone like Paul in, allied to the backing from the Board, who have allowed me to do this which has been greatly appreciated.’

Am I wrong to find this a little concerning? How often do you see a manager thanking the board for allowing him to bring a player in? A manager shouldn’t have to feel grateful that they were ‘allowed’ to bring a player in, least of all a free transfer. I wouldn’t thank my boss for providing me with the tools I need to do my job.

Maybe I’m looking into it too deeply, but to me it just adds weight to the concerning stories we’ve heard about lack of funds and BBM for one reason or other not landing the players he wants.

It reads to me that we are operating at our maximum budget, but this has been "allowed" as a one off. Worrying if true.
Look out James! Incoming! on 16:30 - Oct 11 with 1102 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Maybe it’s just me but I can’t help but feel that, as usual, the board’s absolute refusal to part with any money in the summer is coming back to bite the club on the arse. Glad we got the lad but it’ll take 2-3 weeks for him to get real time match fitness & get used to the players/system. Personally I don’t buy the official line that BBM was “happy” with the squad size, as a rookie manager I suspect he was told to like it or lump it.
The transfer/Utd money in v Hill compo out debate has been done to death on here. I’m certainly won’t advocate spending recklessly but I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again that I think it’d be disastrous if, having worked hard to stay in lg1 we go out this time round (especially as it’s now 3 down). Tomorrow already has the feel of a must win game.
Look out James! Incoming! on 16:31 - Oct 11 with 1098 viewsjudd

Look out James! Incoming! on 16:27 - Oct 11 by dawlishdale

It reads to me that we are operating at our maximum budget, but this has been "allowed" as a one off. Worrying if true.

It reflects to me the new style of senior management, minions forelock tugging, self abasement and ladies curtseying.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Look out James! Incoming! on 16:38 - Oct 11 with 1073 viewsSuddenLad

Look out James! Incoming! on 16:31 - Oct 11 by judd

It reflects to me the new style of senior management, minions forelock tugging, self abasement and ladies curtseying.

And people with a disproportionate sense of importance. Thinks Downton but lives in Coronation Street.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Look out James! Incoming! on 16:40 - Oct 11 with 1067 viewsjudd

Look out James! Incoming! on 16:38 - Oct 11 by SuddenLad

And people with a disproportionate sense of importance. Thinks Downton but lives in Coronation Street.

Right on!

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024