Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accrington 10:58 - Oct 12 with 13283 viewsrochdaleriddler

So, do we think our new boy will start today, i fear for our goals against if it’s the same line up as last week

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Accrington on 18:34 - Oct 12 with 3946 viewstodmordendale

I agree that playing Wilbraham wide does not add to the balance of the team. It is unfair to expect him to lay it off from the wing and unfair to expect him to play winger. Surely he needs to be up top.
We seemed to have a bit more balance when Camps dropped back in the second half and Ryan went on walkabout.
I still feel that the early season pairing of Williams and Morley was exciting and looked good to set us up for the season. Their interchanging was good to watch and it allowed either to move forward.
The inclusion of Ryan has upset that movement and looses the impact of speedy forward play. However, all in all a good 3 points and we dug in well.
Accrington on 18:45 - Oct 12 with 3874 viewsDaley_Lama

Some things never change.

1. Coleman tried to direct the game from the touchline
2. Coleman’s team tried to direct the game from on the pitch
3. Coleman’s team feigned injury after injury from the opening moments to the end
4. Coleman’s team liked to dive, slightest or even no contact

Some things do change.

What a ref! Forget O’Connell and Hendo, only one man of the match for me!

Never fell for anything, never gave a quarter, actually booked their lad for the laughable penalty dive. Even clocked that Hendo had wandered away when being subbed and stopped his watch.

Would normally say ‘unlucky lads’ to a team who cut us apart time and time and time again. Not today Accy even though that is oh so true.

Poll: DF in or out

Accrington on 19:10 - Oct 12 with 3719 viewsNinco

I know Wilbraham has been struggling for a while, but the last couple of games, I've noticed him coming off to take in an energy drink part way through the half. If he can't do 45 minutes without extra glucose, I think it's time to go. To be honest, I was surprised that they extended his contract. IMHO Camps and Andrew are also not the players they once were.

McShane looked a good reader of the game. I thought Rathbone was MOM today.

Does anyone know who was in the director's box? Could see everyone looking up there in the second half.
Accrington on 19:23 - Oct 12 with 3644 viewsMancDale

Get RDN, Pyke, Dooley and Mclaughlin back and we'll have much more going forward.

As it was we ground out the win we needed and that's all that matters. It was similar to the wins at the end of season that kept us up. We didn't play great but you couldn't doubt the desire of the players to get the 3 points.
Accrington on 19:23 - Oct 12 with 3641 viewsdiver

Accrington on 19:10 - Oct 12 by Ninco

I know Wilbraham has been struggling for a while, but the last couple of games, I've noticed him coming off to take in an energy drink part way through the half. If he can't do 45 minutes without extra glucose, I think it's time to go. To be honest, I was surprised that they extended his contract. IMHO Camps and Andrew are also not the players they once were.

Does anyone know who was in the director's box? Could see everyone looking up there in the second half.

Santa with a sackful of cash!!
Accrington on 19:39 - Oct 12 with 3554 viewsMolly

Accrington on 19:10 - Oct 12 by Ninco

Hilly.
Accrington on 19:46 - Oct 12 with 3506 viewsSuddenLad

Keith Hill. He was in fine form.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Accrington on 20:28 - Oct 12 with 3333 viewsD_Dale

Accrington on 17:29 - Oct 12 by dawlishdale

Sorry to be a harbinger of doom, but I thought we were quite lucky to get anything from the game, and but for some excellent defending by O'Connell and a wonder save from Sanchez, we could easily have lost. Of course, a brace from Henderson helps as did the blunder from their keeper who really should be saving Ollie's weakish shot for our first.

Not convinced at all with the way we set up...it just exposes our lack of numbers . And not happy at all to see Keohane exposed for pace and position several times, whilst if Wilbraham has to play, he must play as a target man...not some sort of right sided midfield player.

Accy's goal (and Hendo's second) were top quality, but sometimes, you get what you deserve...and Accy fully deserved to lose due to the pathetic rantings of Jimmy Bell, who must have spent about half the game blasting the 4th official about every decision.

An important 3 points, but I left the ground feeling that the result papers over quite a few cracks. The Board really need to back the Manager in January, if not before by bringing in a decent striker to play alongside Hendo...and yes; I know it's not easy.

Yes, two quality goals.

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-accrington/410052
Login to get fewer ads

Accrington on 20:38 - Oct 12 with 3281 viewsEllDale

I’m not sure about Wilbraham’s fitness on the pitch but he was out of the ground quick enough.
He raced past us in the outside lane of the A627M at 5.30pm doing at least 90 mph!
Accrington on 21:01 - Oct 12 with 3196 viewsfitzochris

Accrington on 20:38 - Oct 12 by EllDale

I’m not sure about Wilbraham’s fitness on the pitch but he was out of the ground quick enough.
He raced past us in the outside lane of the A627M at 5.30pm doing at least 90 mph!

Birthday party at the Etihad to get to!

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Accrington on 21:06 - Oct 12 with 3177 viewsEllDale

Anyone we know!?
I agree that we looked disjointed today. The one man we missed more than anyone was probably Dooley for his link-up play.
We showed lots of courage defensively; they had 28 shots!
Accrington on 09:23 - Oct 13 with 2722 viewsDaleiLama

Accrington on 17:40 - Oct 12 by Shun

And there’s absolutely no shame in being lucky. We’re down to the bare bones of the squad, remember. Especially at the back. Keohane and Done aren’t first-choice full-backs and both will probably miss out next week when Matheson and Norrington-Davies return.

When you’ve gone as long as we have without a win then games become all about the result rather than the performance.

Agree with that. How many times have we played well and come away with nowt? You don't always get what you deserve in life or football.

Some good performances yesterday. most notably from Sanchez (aerial command and shot stopping - couple of worldies - but kicked to touch more than a rugby player), Ollie (who made some great runs including the one leading to the first goal where at least he had the cahones to shoot), EOC (boy did we get "lucky" piching him up) and old faithful (#40 - where would we be without him. Big nod to the new signing, McShane. Calm, composed and classy - just what we needed at the back. Matty Done offers something going forward but caught too far out of position too many times against Clark. Need RND back pronto. Can we stop the Ryan experiment now? Morley has already showed he offers us so much more going forward and Ryan is too indecisive and too much of a liability.

If we can better Bolton next Saturday it will maybe give players chance to exhale a little more and when injuries start to clear, hopefully our fortunes can start to improve!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Accrington on 11:20 - Oct 13 with 2537 views49thseason

We wondered if Sanchez had picked up a knock yesterday, he looked to be flexing his left ankle during the second half and Jay Lynch was warming up for the whole of the half time. Might explain his somewhat under par kicking.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 16:15]
Accrington on 13:19 - Oct 13 with 2380 viewsjonahwhereru

Accrington on 09:23 - Oct 13 by DaleiLama

Agree with that. How many times have we played well and come away with nowt? You don't always get what you deserve in life or football.

Some good performances yesterday. most notably from Sanchez (aerial command and shot stopping - couple of worldies - but kicked to touch more than a rugby player), Ollie (who made some great runs including the one leading to the first goal where at least he had the cahones to shoot), EOC (boy did we get "lucky" piching him up) and old faithful (#40 - where would we be without him. Big nod to the new signing, McShane. Calm, composed and classy - just what we needed at the back. Matty Done offers something going forward but caught too far out of position too many times against Clark. Need RND back pronto. Can we stop the Ryan experiment now? Morley has already showed he offers us so much more going forward and Ryan is too indecisive and too much of a liability.

If we can better Bolton next Saturday it will maybe give players chance to exhale a little more and when injuries start to clear, hopefully our fortunes can start to improve!

Dalie the issue around Morley over Ryan is that while the former offers much more offensively, you cannot have a player who just doesn’t show up for a game. There has to be a manager reaction when that happens. I said in the match comments for the Wimbledon game that Morley was a passenger and lucky to come out for the second half. At the game without any prompt the Daley next to me summed it up succinctly when we said “Morley has done fcuk all today”. Although Ryan wasn’t a direct swap we were better for him being on the pitch.
Now the choice of playing to holders in midfield at home to a team in Accy’s position is suspect, but we couldn’t afford a second no show from Morley.
He will be a good player for us and I don’t know what was wrong for him last week, but a bollocking, was needed and maybe BMM didn’t fancy him against a team that would have been fed raw meat all week.
Accrington on 13:48 - Oct 13 with 2327 viewsDaleiLama

Accrington on 13:19 - Oct 13 by jonahwhereru

Dalie the issue around Morley over Ryan is that while the former offers much more offensively, you cannot have a player who just doesn’t show up for a game. There has to be a manager reaction when that happens. I said in the match comments for the Wimbledon game that Morley was a passenger and lucky to come out for the second half. At the game without any prompt the Daley next to me summed it up succinctly when we said “Morley has done fcuk all today”. Although Ryan wasn’t a direct swap we were better for him being on the pitch.
Now the choice of playing to holders in midfield at home to a team in Accy’s position is suspect, but we couldn’t afford a second no show from Morley.
He will be a good player for us and I don’t know what was wrong for him last week, but a bollocking, was needed and maybe BMM didn’t fancy him against a team that would have been fed raw meat all week.

Fair points - I just think Morleys upside is more than anything I've seen from Ryan so far. Ryan has got a bit better but seems to slow things down and doesnt fit the way we are trying to play. I of course defer to BBM, I just dont see it with Ryan (yet?!)
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 13:49]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Accrington on 19:47 - Oct 13 with 2001 viewsShun

Accrington on 13:19 - Oct 13 by jonahwhereru

Very harsh on an 18/19-year-old. Seemingly everyone apart from Henderson went missing at Wimbledon, no reason to single Morley out. He’s done far more this season than Ryan has. One is at the dawn of his career while the other is at the dusk, and the former will likely offer far more to Dale in future, whether that’s in appearances for the club or financial value from a sale.

Taking all those points on board, there’s one clear winner about who of the two of them should be playing.
Accrington on 20:24 - Oct 13 with 1961 viewsEllDale

It’s a shame based on early season form but to my mind, going off yesterday’s game, if anyone had to make way for Morley it should be MJ Williams rather than Ryan.
Accrington on 21:07 - Oct 13 with 1885 viewsD_Alien

Accrington on 20:24 - Oct 13 by EllDale

It’s a shame based on early season form but to my mind, going off yesterday’s game, if anyone had to make way for Morley it should be MJ Williams rather than Ryan.

Agree with that. Thought MJ was very disappointing yesterday but it may have been down to some confusion about what his role was. He offers more physicality than Ryan but less mobility. We're desperately short of pace ahead of the back four

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Accrington on 21:13 - Oct 13 with 1870 viewsShun

Accrington on 21:06 - Oct 12 by EllDale

Anyone we know!?
I agree that we looked disjointed today. The one man we missed more than anyone was probably Dooley for his link-up play.
We showed lots of courage defensively; they had 28 shots!

His own according to Henderson. His fortieth (40th)!
Accrington on 16:43 - Oct 14 with 1500 viewsParkinsGimp

MJ Williams is just not up to scratch, never rated him. If Hendo gets injured we are snookered especially if he plays Wilbrahim out wide. Just hoping we dont keep seeing Andrew on the pitch he brings absolutely nothing to our game. He must be off loaded asap, I know though that its hard to shift crap players but Donnelly actually went for money so there is always hope.
Accrington on 22:49 - Oct 14 with 1302 viewsjonahwhereru

Accrington on 19:47 - Oct 13 by Shun

Very harsh on an 18/19-year-old. Seemingly everyone apart from Henderson went missing at Wimbledon, no reason to single Morley out. He’s done far more this season than Ryan has. One is at the dawn of his career while the other is at the dusk, and the former will likely offer far more to Dale in future, whether that’s in appearances for the club or financial value from a sale.

Taking all those points on board, there’s one clear winner about who of the two of them should be playing.

Have a lot of time for your views Shun, so really surprised by your comments. There was a reason Morley’s player rating was low at Wimbledon. Just a it was high at Southend. Both Camps and Rathbone put in a real shift at Wimbledon, which could be a reason why Morley appeared so below par.
Your are a good judge of a game but can’t have it that the whole team were a no show at Wimbledon. But we all have a different view of games sometimes and Wimbledon must have been one of those for me and you.

(Note to self: do not post more than once on a football related thread)
Accrington on 09:35 - Oct 15 with 1165 viewsJames1980

On the subject of our players. Some don't like being reminded of this fact, we can't afford league 1 Galaticos. The key is the coaching staff and manager making the team greater than the sum of their parts.

This post was brought to you by, stating the bloomin obvious inc

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Accrington on 09:57 - Oct 15 with 1130 viewsfitzochris

Accrington on 09:35 - Oct 15 by James1980

On the subject of our players. Some don't like being reminded of this fact, we can't afford league 1 Galaticos. The key is the coaching staff and manager making the team greater than the sum of their parts.

This post was brought to you by, stating the bloomin obvious inc

Yes, it really was.

The majority of our supporters recognise this, James, especially as it has been ever so.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Accrington on 10:11 - Oct 15 with 1102 viewstony_roch975

Accrington on 21:07 - Oct 13 by D_Alien

Agree with that. Thought MJ was very disappointing yesterday but it may have been down to some confusion about what his role was. He offers more physicality than Ryan but less mobility. We're desperately short of pace ahead of the back four

as someone posted on another thread, any player, when given space rather than being pressed or turned to face his own goal, looks better - the lower down the food chain the more that's true. MJ given space & time to drop in to a back 3 can spray effective long passes and has added some physicality to his performances this season. Pace is in short supply but if our players had that to add to their workrate, passing & movement they'd be playing at a higher level.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Accrington on 10:28 - Oct 15 with 1078 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Accrington on 19:23 - Oct 12 by MancDale

Get RDN, Pyke, Dooley and Mclaughlin back and we'll have much more going forward.

As it was we ground out the win we needed and that's all that matters. It was similar to the wins at the end of season that kept us up. We didn't play great but you couldn't doubt the desire of the players to get the 3 points.

I very much doubt we`ll see McLaughlin in a Dale shirt again. At every club he`s signed for he has been excellent for a few games and then has disappeared because of alleged injuries. This has been noted and backed up by Oldham, Aberdeen and Blackpool fans. I hope its wrong, but we seem to be becoming that club again where footballers come to die. Surely we have someone better than a 40 y/o foward playing on the wing and looking terrified of bodily contact.
Pyke isn`t the answer, as he is another that never gets "stuck in". Dooley on his day is good but he doesn`t have enough good days but RDN has been brilliant for us and has been badly missed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024