Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ref 17:08 - Oct 12 with 4454 viewsisitme

Refs often get a lot of stick but I thought he was excellent today. He was unfussy and tried to let the game flow. He also didn't fall for their 'Coleman' style gamesmanship.
The Ref on 17:11 - Oct 12 with 4439 views442Dale

Yep, excellent decisions throughout and let things go on both sides.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Ref on 17:19 - Oct 12 with 4403 viewsTomRAFC

Agreed, very good performance. It was nice to see a ref with the confidence to book someone for diving.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

The Ref on 17:31 - Oct 12 with 4340 viewsDalenet

Poor fourth official had to contend with constant abuse from colman and bell end. They objected to every decision.
The Ref on 17:31 - Oct 12 with 4339 viewsdawlishdale

The Ref on 17:19 - Oct 12 by TomRAFC

Agreed, very good performance. It was nice to see a ref with the confidence to book someone for diving.

Easiest decision of the day...but yes; the ref had a really good game.
The Ref on 17:31 - Oct 12 with 4335 viewsBigKindo

The Ref on 17:19 - Oct 12 by TomRAFC

What was embarrassing was the 95 minute ear bashing the 4th official got from Jimmy Bell every time Accie didn't get the decision.
The Ref on 17:32 - Oct 12 with 4326 viewsMancDale

You know exactly what you're going to get from a Coleman side. Pathetic attempts to get our players sent off. We'll done to the ref for not falling for it.
The Ref on 18:59 - Oct 12 with 4137 viewsKenBoon

I missed the game today but how do so many coaches get away with this? Players are angels compared to some of the disgraceful disobedience and tantrums that goes on pitch side.
The Ref on 19:15 - Oct 12 with 4087 viewsNinco

The Ref on 17:31 - Oct 12 by Dalenet

Poor fourth official had to contend with constant abuse from colman and bell end. They objected to every decision.

Thought Coleman was quite refined today and it was mostly Bell doing the moaning. I think towards the end of the first half, he said something to Bell which calmed him down a bit. At the end of the day though, the 4th official is there to do a job and not to deal with childish managers, so I would have just ignored him.
Login to get fewer ads

The Ref on 19:20 - Oct 12 with 4073 viewsBigKindo

The 4th official visibly aged during the game and by the end of the match was going grey. I'll wager that Bell isn't on his Christmas card list.
The Ref on 19:30 - Oct 12 with 4034 viewsMolly

Pity the 4th official who had to stand between Evans on 0ne side and Coleman/Bell on the other.. It would be enough to turn your back on football.
The Ref on 19:47 - Oct 12 with 3962 viewsKenBoon

The Ref on 19:30 - Oct 12 by Molly

Pity the 4th official who had to stand between Evans on 0ne side and Coleman/Bell on the other.. It would be enough to turn your back on football.

With Colin W@nker making a special guest appearance.
The Ref on 20:13 - Oct 12 with 3878 viewsoddjob007

The Ref on 19:47 - Oct 12 by KenBoon

With Colin W@nker making a special guest appearance.

Jimmy Bell is an embarrassment.

Constantly in the 4th officials ear.

He was worse than my Mrs!!

What does he think he’s going to gain from doing that?
The Ref on 21:07 - Oct 12 with 3785 viewsD_Dale

The Ref on 19:20 - Oct 12 by BigKindo

The 4th official visibly aged during the game and by the end of the match was going grey. I'll wager that Bell isn't on his Christmas card list.

Mention of Christmas reminds me of John Sheridan's rant, as Notts C. lost at home to Wycombe, about his kids not getting their presents because of the ref's decisions - surely more abusive than anything said today:

https://www.balls.ie/football/john-sheridan-357116

(I would have cut and pasted it, but feared upsetting the new moderators.)
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 13:07]
The Ref on 09:13 - Oct 13 with 3545 viewsDaleiLama

If I was associated with the Accy coaching staff I wouldn't show my face in public today. That was embarrassing.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The Ref on 09:28 - Oct 13 with 3514 viewsAncoats_Blue

The Ref on 09:13 - Oct 13 by DaleiLama

If I was associated with the Accy coaching staff I wouldn't show my face in public today. That was embarrassing.

It’s par for the course for those dingles
The Ref on 11:45 - Oct 13 with 3371 viewsTVOS1907

The Ref on 21:07 - Oct 12 by D_Dale

Mention of Christmas reminds me of John Sheridan's rant, as Notts C. lost at home to Wycombe, about his kids not getting their presents because of the ref's decisions - surely more abusive than anything said today:

https://www.balls.ie/football/john-sheridan-357116

(I would have cut and pasted it, but feared upsetting the new moderators.)
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 13:07]

Who are the new moderators and why would it upset them?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The Ref on 14:06 - Oct 13 with 3240 viewsD_Dale

The Ref on 11:45 - Oct 13 by TVOS1907

Who are the new moderators and why would it upset them?

Just gathered from the thread 'Moderators' dated 9 Oct., 18.47, that Cal Cav had stepped down, but don't know who the newbies are. Maybe one is AtThePeake who wrote a lively report of yesterday's match, with comments on each Dale player, and wider ratings (from 4 to 9) than those provided by the fans. If I knew them I'd like to ask why I see so many ads for Mediterranean holidays, fashionable footwear, vacuum cleaners and other gadgets, online gambling etc etc., and who gets the cash from them.

As for managers abusing match officials, I think most people would be upset by it (as some comments on this thread indicate). Additionally, the Moderators might have in mind more sensitive users being sickened by the following extract, in unmoderated form, from the referee's report:

Mr Sheridan then said to me “You’re a ******* disgrace, you’re ******* useless, you’ve not ******* got anything right today, you should be ******* ashamed, you’re ******* ****, my kids aren’t going to get any ******* Christmas presents because of ******* you”. In the 56th minute ... Mr Sheridan shouted directly into my face, “You’re a ******* ****. A ****”.On leaving the technical area, Mr Sheridan approached me again, shouting directly at me, “You really are a ****. I’m gonna knock you out you ****”.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 14:08]
The Ref on 14:10 - Oct 13 with 3225 viewsTVOS1907

The Ref on 14:06 - Oct 13 by D_Dale

Just gathered from the thread 'Moderators' dated 9 Oct., 18.47, that Cal Cav had stepped down, but don't know who the newbies are. Maybe one is AtThePeake who wrote a lively report of yesterday's match, with comments on each Dale player, and wider ratings (from 4 to 9) than those provided by the fans. If I knew them I'd like to ask why I see so many ads for Mediterranean holidays, fashionable footwear, vacuum cleaners and other gadgets, online gambling etc etc., and who gets the cash from them.

As for managers abusing match officials, I think most people would be upset by it (as some comments on this thread indicate). Additionally, the Moderators might have in mind more sensitive users being sickened by the following extract, in unmoderated form, from the referee's report:

Mr Sheridan then said to me “You’re a ******* disgrace, you’re ******* useless, you’ve not ******* got anything right today, you should be ******* ashamed, you’re ******* ****, my kids aren’t going to get any ******* Christmas presents because of ******* you”. In the 56th minute ... Mr Sheridan shouted directly into my face, “You’re a ******* ****. A ****”.On leaving the technical area, Mr Sheridan approached me again, shouting directly at me, “You really are a ****. I’m gonna knock you out you ****”.

You might need to update or enhance your internet security if you're getting so many ads of that nature.

Isitme is quite clued up on that sort of thing.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The Ref on 14:33 - Oct 13 with 3172 viewsisitme

The Ref on 14:06 - Oct 13 by D_Dale

Ads are the deal with the devil to get access to this site for free. FansNetwork have costs associated with providing us with this forum, which are paid for by advertising. Whilst typing this I can see two ads - one at the top for EMR trains and one for Lego Duplo from Amazon.

These ads will be different depending on the user and is based on what you/others who use your device have been viewing. Some maybe relevant, so may not. For me I have added the Lego on my Amazon wishlist as I will buy my son some for Christmas, the train add I have no interest in. FansNetwork get paid for the number of views of each advert displayed, more if anyone clicks on a link and more if someone makes a purchase. The numbers are relatively small, although change depending on the negotiations between the website and advertisers. I would suspect that Google are in charge of the adverts on this site so act as an intemediatery. The web master (the person in charge of running this specific site within the FansNetwork collection off forums) may also receive payment depending on the number of views the forum generates. This is common across many sports related forums, although I am not sure whether this is the case here? Again I would not begrude them a small fee for looking after the forum.

Without the ads and the income they generate there would be no site, unless it went behind a pay wall. They are a number of ad blockers that can be downloaded and installed or options within web browsers activated, but without knowing what you use to access this site it is very difficult to give specific advice.

If you are getting pop up ads then that is probably down to your general web browsing, which can be affected by the use of illegal streaming sites etc.

Let me know if you would have any more questions.
The Ref on 18:19 - Oct 13 with 2971 viewsD_Dale

The Ref on 14:33 - Oct 13 by isitme

Ads are the deal with the devil to get access to this site for free. FansNetwork have costs associated with providing us with this forum, which are paid for by advertising. Whilst typing this I can see two ads - one at the top for EMR trains and one for Lego Duplo from Amazon.

These ads will be different depending on the user and is based on what you/others who use your device have been viewing. Some maybe relevant, so may not. For me I have added the Lego on my Amazon wishlist as I will buy my son some for Christmas, the train add I have no interest in. FansNetwork get paid for the number of views of each advert displayed, more if anyone clicks on a link and more if someone makes a purchase. The numbers are relatively small, although change depending on the negotiations between the website and advertisers. I would suspect that Google are in charge of the adverts on this site so act as an intemediatery. The web master (the person in charge of running this specific site within the FansNetwork collection off forums) may also receive payment depending on the number of views the forum generates. This is common across many sports related forums, although I am not sure whether this is the case here? Again I would not begrude them a small fee for looking after the forum.

Without the ads and the income they generate there would be no site, unless it went behind a pay wall. They are a number of ad blockers that can be downloaded and installed or options within web browsers activated, but without knowing what you use to access this site it is very difficult to give specific advice.

If you are getting pop up ads then that is probably down to your general web browsing, which can be affected by the use of illegal streaming sites etc.

Let me know if you would have any more questions.

Thanks for this full explanation, which is clear enough to be understood by a chronic technophobe like me. In the last few minutes there's been ads for Tesco, a retirement village, Specsavers, Man City hospitality packages, rail and hotel bookings.

I don't especially mind these, and when I wrote my earlier post I was wondering if there was a way to benefit the - presumably - keen Dale fans who moderate this particular site (not FansNetwork generally). A few more clicks on, say, the Man City ad might transfer cash to 'our' webmaster. But maybe not - and could, as soon as I click 'Add reply', a Google-controlled algorithm pick up on a threat to manipulate the system?!
The Ref on 19:21 - Oct 13 with 2892 viewsisitme

The Ref on 18:19 - Oct 13 by D_Dale

Thanks for this full explanation, which is clear enough to be understood by a chronic technophobe like me. In the last few minutes there's been ads for Tesco, a retirement village, Specsavers, Man City hospitality packages, rail and hotel bookings.

I don't especially mind these, and when I wrote my earlier post I was wondering if there was a way to benefit the - presumably - keen Dale fans who moderate this particular site (not FansNetwork generally). A few more clicks on, say, the Man City ad might transfer cash to 'our' webmaster. But maybe not - and could, as soon as I click 'Add reply', a Google-controlled algorithm pick up on a threat to manipulate the system?!

No problem. I think the only person who can answer the question about clicks benefitting our webmaster would be our webmaster, who quite rightly might not want to answer the question. Although as I mentioned earlier I'm not sure any one would begrudge then a few quid for administering this site.

The ad system is not quite that sophisticated! If it was you would only get relevant ads. Even more sophisticated recommendation engines such as Amazon cannot interpret the context of a search.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 19:22]
The Ref on 19:52 - Oct 13 with 2838 viewsShun

The Ref on 18:19 - Oct 13 by D_Dale

Have Google Chrome as your web browser, and activate the ad-free function.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024