Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup 17:41 - Oct 14 with 5976 viewschalky_ncfc

Next Monday the first round proper of the FA Cup is drawn live on BBC2 at 7pm,obviously everybody wants a home draw but is there any club that you would like to be pulled out against?
I'm presuming that there will be blank ball in the bag in memory of absent friends to even up the club's drawn

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

FA Cup on 02:49 - Oct 15 with 1693 viewskiwidale

FA Cup on 00:39 - Oct 15 by chalky_ncfc

What is a dinner called in Rochdale,I thought that it was the same all over?

You can spot a foreigner like Chalky a mile off. It's breakfast dinner and tea, supper is a late tit bit just before bed but only for those that can afford it. To make it simple breakfast was before school or work dinner was at dinner time and tea was at tea time. Pudding was either a main course i.e. a rag pudding or an after main course pudding i.e. bread and butter pudding it could follow dinner or tea or both but never after breakfast or supper. Lunch is an informal dinner not to be confused with a proper dinner on a plate more suited to a lunch box taken to work. Cheese and crackers is not a pudding but can be a supper. Pudding is not a Dessert in the traditional sense it was unheard of in Rochdale in the 50s or 60's. Dessert is simply a french pollution of the English Language and it should be removed after Brexit.

as a footnote... tea time assortment biscuits are what it says on the packet and should be eaten accordingly if you fancy a biscuit for breakfast morning coffee biscuits are the answer, it's not hard.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 5:09]

This is not the time for bickering.

FA Cup on 05:33 - Oct 15 with 1659 viewspioneer

FA Cup on 02:49 - Oct 15 by kiwidale

You can spot a foreigner like Chalky a mile off. It's breakfast dinner and tea, supper is a late tit bit just before bed but only for those that can afford it. To make it simple breakfast was before school or work dinner was at dinner time and tea was at tea time. Pudding was either a main course i.e. a rag pudding or an after main course pudding i.e. bread and butter pudding it could follow dinner or tea or both but never after breakfast or supper. Lunch is an informal dinner not to be confused with a proper dinner on a plate more suited to a lunch box taken to work. Cheese and crackers is not a pudding but can be a supper. Pudding is not a Dessert in the traditional sense it was unheard of in Rochdale in the 50s or 60's. Dessert is simply a french pollution of the English Language and it should be removed after Brexit.

as a footnote... tea time assortment biscuits are what it says on the packet and should be eaten accordingly if you fancy a biscuit for breakfast morning coffee biscuits are the answer, it's not hard.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 5:09]

lunch? that was the mid morning snack (elevenses to posh folk)....and was called snap in some parts of the dark side of the pennines.
FA Cup on 08:27 - Oct 15 with 1573 viewsD_Alien

Just as an aside, does anyone still drink tea with their tea? It was ubiquitous when i was growing up (sorry, every bloody teatime!) but i almost never drink tea with a proper meal now. It's either red or white wine, or fruit juice on non-booze days. Apart from anything else, just too much faff brewing up at the same time as preparing a meal and usually tea'd up from earlier in the day

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FA Cup on 09:33 - Oct 15 with 1532 viewsDaleiLama

FA Cup on 08:27 - Oct 15 by D_Alien

Just as an aside, does anyone still drink tea with their tea? It was ubiquitous when i was growing up (sorry, every bloody teatime!) but i almost never drink tea with a proper meal now. It's either red or white wine, or fruit juice on non-booze days. Apart from anything else, just too much faff brewing up at the same time as preparing a meal and usually tea'd up from earlier in the day

Only with a chippy tea.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

FA Cup on 10:11 - Oct 15 with 1485 viewschalky_ncfc

I beg to differ,just because you lot was brought up wrong doesn't mean that you are right,nobody has a dinner at say 1pm except on a Sunday,you have lunch,you have your dinner at 5pm with a pudding as in "He expects his dinner on the table when he comes home from th' mill" and snap is what s in a lunch box to eat at 1pm when he's at work,I'm presuming that a rag pudding is called that because it looks similar to a steak and kidney pudding and steamed then?

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

FA Cup on 11:09 - Oct 15 with 1433 viewsSuddenLad

I only ever knew 'snap' to be what you took to work with you and ate out of the box in the canteen. As for tea (as a drink) I hate the stuff. Never drink it at all. Coffee for me.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

FA Cup on 11:59 - Oct 15 with 1384 viewsD_Alien

FA Cup on 09:33 - Oct 15 by DaleiLama

Only with a chippy tea.

Aye you're right, and no prep there!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FA Cup on 12:26 - Oct 15 with 1338 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Ah, supper, back in the day would’ve been a lukewarm 2am offering from the chip inn at the bottom of Drake st (peas like ball bearings) or a takeaway curry from a place next to the old Observer building.
Occasionally I even ate it!! 😬
Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup on 12:31 - Oct 15 with 1322 viewsjudd

We'd spot chalky easily enough. He'd have a cockatoo on his shoulder.

Poll: What is it to be then?

FA Cup on 17:48 - Oct 15 with 1203 viewsforeverhopefulDale

FA Cup on 00:39 - Oct 15 by chalky_ncfc

What is a dinner called in Rochdale,I thought that it was the same all over?

Dinner is the meal you have at about 1pm
Tea is the evening meal.
Supper is before bed time.
Breakfast, is breakfast, or the first meal one has after a heavy night on the piss, so could be at dinner, or even tea time.

However Sunday dinner could be any time between midday to evening time, usually about 3 pm.

Sorry only just spotted the other answers to Chalkie.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 18:25]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024