Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton A match thread 14:14 - Oct 19 with 16984 views442Dale

It’s about time someone came out and properly explained the Lillis situation. He’s at the club yet we recall a player from a loan spell who isn’t as good.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bolton A match thread on 15:24 - Oct 20 with 3068 viewsShun

Bolton A match thread on 04:42 - Oct 20 by mikehunt

“It was Rochdale FFS”. Seems a popular comment on the Wanderers forum. Their natives are getting restless.

They’re the biggest laughing stock in the Football League. They can’t say ‘it’s ____ FFS’ about anyone anymore.
Bolton A match thread on 17:46 - Oct 20 with 2803 viewsblackdogblue

Was looking on our twitter feed about an old guy from Bolton who has dimencia bless him, found safe & well though, but this was on the thread.. anyone see any trouble?

But Jude, a lovely 16 year old lad from Sharples who goes to all home games with his grandad, is still in the Royal Bolton with a broken nose, beaten up outside the ground by Rochdale thugs.

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Bolton A match thread on 19:19 - Oct 20 with 2645 viewsfinberty

Bolton A match thread on 17:46 - Oct 20 by blackdogblue

Was looking on our twitter feed about an old guy from Bolton who has dimencia bless him, found safe & well though, but this was on the thread.. anyone see any trouble?

But Jude, a lovely 16 year old lad from Sharples who goes to all home games with his grandad, is still in the Royal Bolton with a broken nose, beaten up outside the ground by Rochdale thugs.

You sure they were Rochdale thugs and not from somewhere halfway between the two? After all, an upsurge in anti-social Dale stories has coincided with, hang on, with, with, what is it that's missing this season..?
Bolton A match thread on 19:21 - Oct 20 with 2636 viewsfinberty

Bolton A match thread on 23:07 - Oct 19 by D_Alien

Quickest ever is, i believe, attributed to Jim Fryatt, an old school centre forward playing for Stockport?? but defo at Bradford Park Avenue

4 seconds

It's been disputed, since before official timing was introduced. Think Morley's effort would've been about 6 or 7 seconds

According to two different articles, Fryatt was playing for Bradford PA against Tranmere. In my mind the old Guinness Book of Records used to say Southport. He lived in Norden for a while after that when playing for (I think) Latics.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 19:34]
Bolton A match thread on 19:28 - Oct 20 with 2600 viewsR17ALE

Bolton A match thread on 19:19 - Oct 20 by finberty

You sure they were Rochdale thugs and not from somewhere halfway between the two? After all, an upsurge in anti-social Dale stories has coincided with, hang on, with, with, what is it that's missing this season..?

Talking of which, there wasn't half a bad smell in the concourse area. Smelliest ground I've ever been in. Horse piss I think.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bolton A match thread on 20:14 - Oct 20 with 2492 viewsMolly

Bolton A match thread on 19:21 - Oct 20 by finberty

According to two different articles, Fryatt was playing for Bradford PA against Tranmere. In my mind the old Guinness Book of Records used to say Southport. He lived in Norden for a while after that when playing for (I think) Latics.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 19:34]

Correct. 25th April 1964 playing for Bradford PA against Tranmere. He did have 2 spells at my then home team Southport and the largest pair of "muttonchop" sideburns you've ever seen.
Bolton A match thread on 22:08 - Oct 20 with 2314 viewspioneer

Bolton A match thread on 20:14 - Oct 20 by Molly

Correct. 25th April 1964 playing for Bradford PA against Tranmere. He did have 2 spells at my then home team Southport and the largest pair of "muttonchop" sideburns you've ever seen.

He had a very successful 2 seasons at Oldham when they got promoted back to the then third division.
Bolton A match thread on 11:47 - Oct 21 with 1963 views1907

Bolton A match thread on 19:28 - Oct 20 by R17ALE

Talking of which, there wasn't half a bad smell in the concourse area. Smelliest ground I've ever been in. Horse piss I think.

The stench was absolutely disgusting. It smelled like the entire concourse hadn’t been washed in years.
Login to get fewer ads

Bolton A match thread on 12:14 - Oct 21 with 1916 viewsJames1980

Bolton A match thread on 19:28 - Oct 20 by R17ALE

Apropos of nothing, a friend from Burnley who has lived down south since the 70s. Refers to ale he doesn't like as pish or horse's piss

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Bolton A match thread on 13:57 - Oct 21 with 1744 viewsDaleiLama

Bolton A match thread on 12:14 - Oct 21 by James1980

Apropos of nothing, a friend from Burnley who has lived down south since the 70s. Refers to ale he doesn't like as pish or horse's piss

That'll be all ale down there then James?
Have they learned to pour a pint with a decent head on it that stays to the bottom of the glass yet?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bolton A match thread on 14:25 - Oct 21 with 1692 viewsD_Alien

Bolton A match thread on 13:57 - Oct 21 by DaleiLama

Have they learned to pour a pint with a decent head on it that stays to the bottom of the glass yet?

They should adopt the methods of Phoenix brewery - never had a bad pint yet and the Hopsack we had on Saturday was superb!

Their labelling could then include "brewed under the auspices of Phoenix Brewery"

(Sorry, i just had to get auspices in somewhere)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bolton A match thread on 14:48 - Oct 21 with 1644 viewsJames1980

The locals get perturbed if their ale has a 'vicar's collar'.

Bolton A match thread on 14:52 - Oct 21 with 1632 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bolton A match thread on 14:48 - Oct 21 by James1980

The locals get perturbed if their ale has a 'vicar's collar'.

Pre Wimbledon game, had a pint at the Glass House in New Malden. Nice IPA with good head, and again after at the pub outside Euston. No flat beer to be seen

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bolton A match thread on 15:06 - Oct 21 with 1604 viewsJames1980

Bolton A match thread on 14:52 - Oct 21 by rochdaleriddler

Pre Wimbledon game, had a pint at the Glass House in New Malden. Nice IPA with good head, and again after at the pub outside Euston. No flat beer to be seen

Good head available round Euston. Fnarr Fnarr

Bolton A match thread on 16:59 - Oct 21 with 1500 viewsDaleiLama

Bolton A match thread on 14:25 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

They should adopt the methods of Phoenix brewery - never had a bad pint yet and the Hopsack we had on Saturday was superb!

Their labelling could then include "brewed under the auspices of Phoenix Brewery"

(Sorry, i just had to get auspices in somewhere)

Never had a bad pint of Phoenix beer yet and the hopsack was indeed spot on as was the FT score. There's more "auspice" on this thread than there is on the gallops at Newmarket!!!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bolton A match thread on 17:44 - Oct 21 with 1433 viewsMolly

A friend of mine in Liverpool who was a member of CAMRA used to carry a supply of small stickers, On receiving a poor pint he would drink some and leave the rest with a sticker on the side of the glass which read;-

Vetinary analysis
This horse is unfit for work.
Bolton A match thread on 01:18 - Oct 22 with 1188 viewskiwidale

I'm all for a good head on a pint as much as an inch as long as its above the Glass.

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024