Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton A match thread 14:14 - Oct 19 with 17078 views442Dale

It’s about time someone came out and properly explained the Lillis situation. He’s at the club yet we recall a player from a loan spell who isn’t as good.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bolton A match thread on 17:01 - Oct 19 with 4273 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Bolton A match thread on 16:58 - Oct 19 by since58

Great win lads, cheats never prosper.Nice to see the cheats get that club record,
Hope it continues.

Great win. Was Keith greeted well by us and did he respond accordingly

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Bolton A match thread on 17:21 - Oct 19 with 3989 views442Dale

Good win. Excellent use of subs by BBM: Matheson on for Keohane who was struggling was an obvious one, but identifying how Bolton’s centre halves couldn’t cope with a ball played into the striker in the first half could be capitalised on by bringing Wilbraham on was the match-winning decision. Tavares bringing on some pace clinched it.

Don’t overlook the crucial block by O’Connell at 1—1 though, real turning point.

Bolton A match thread on 17:23 - Oct 19 with 3957 viewsSaxonDale

Wilbraham changed the game- showed today he clearly has a key part to play in this squad. Offered a much needed outlet.
Bolton A match thread on 17:27 - Oct 19 with 3905 viewsShun

Bolton A match thread on 17:01 - Oct 19 by Thacks_Rabbits

Great win. Was Keith greeted well by us and did he respond accordingly

There were a few ‘Keith, what’s the score’ chants but nothing malicious.

We actually didn’t start playing today till they scored, and at that point I couldn’t begrudge them being ahead. After that we were excellent though and had some great counterattacks.

Wilbraham made the difference, his best performance of the season by far. It’s also the first time he’s played centrally and we all know there’s no coincidence there. He’s a genuine asset to the team if he plays as a central striker. Highlight of the game was his 40-year-old legs outrunning Zouma and then drawing a foul from him.

Matheson also played well when he came on, although he lost the goalscorer for their goal because he was so offensively-minded. He’s still the best fit RB we have though and should be first choice.

Well done to Tavares too. He was absolutely anonymous until he received the ball and went on a great run and scored. He had a bit of luck with the ball bouncing back to him to score but it was pure joy on his face.
Bolton A match thread on 17:35 - Oct 19 with 3820 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Bolton A match thread on 17:27 - Oct 19 by Shun

There were a few ‘Keith, what’s the score’ chants but nothing malicious.

We actually didn’t start playing today till they scored, and at that point I couldn’t begrudge them being ahead. After that we were excellent though and had some great counterattacks.

Wilbraham made the difference, his best performance of the season by far. It’s also the first time he’s played centrally and we all know there’s no coincidence there. He’s a genuine asset to the team if he plays as a central striker. Highlight of the game was his 40-year-old legs outrunning Zouma and then drawing a foul from him.

Matheson also played well when he came on, although he lost the goalscorer for their goal because he was so offensively-minded. He’s still the best fit RB we have though and should be first choice.

Well done to Tavares too. He was absolutely anonymous until he received the ball and went on a great run and scored. He had a bit of luck with the ball bouncing back to him to score but it was pure joy on his face.

Cheers shun. I rate Alby as a big lump that will score goals and benefits the team as an out and out cf, even at 40. He is way better than Calvin even now. Mind you in fairness, I think holty would score more now than Calvin.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Bolton A match thread on 18:04 - Oct 19 with 3586 viewsJames1980

Is that twice now BBM has beaten KH?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Bolton A match thread on 18:06 - Oct 19 with 3571 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bolton A match thread on 18:04 - Oct 19 by James1980

Is that twice now BBM has beaten KH?

We just need to draw them in the Fa Cup on Monday and the saga goes on....
Bolton A match thread on 18:15 - Oct 19 with 3480 viewsJames1980

Bolton A match thread on 18:06 - Oct 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

We just need to draw them in the Fa Cup on Monday and the saga goes on....

Would that be a TV game? Definitely on Radio Manch...... Sorry Bolton.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton A match thread on 18:21 - Oct 19 with 3427 viewsD_Alien

After a shite first half, it took their goal to finally galvanise us and from that point on they just couldn't live with us. Yep, Matheson & Alby made such a difference, injecting purpose & energy and the ball started to stick up front

Back to back wins have put us in a much better place and we started to look confident enough to capitalise further - another three points on Tuesday please

My MoM: Rathbone, but a shout out for O'Connell too. Thought Lynch looked pretty secure (not sure why he was criticised earlier in the thread) and as for Tavares... having the confidence and determination to run at the defence and keep going until he forced the ball home through sheer willpower! Wonderful to see and the entire squad seemed to celebrate with him

A far from perfect performance (thought MJ, Morley & Done were poor) but if we're beating the teams around and below us in the table we can feel more confident of escaping an end-of-season struggle

[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 18:25]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bolton A match thread on 18:25 - Oct 19 with 3387 viewsSuddenLad

Delighted for Tavares. For him to score his first senior goal in front of 13,000 people must be a massive boost for him. The lad has bags of pace and I hope today is the first of many.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bolton A match thread on 18:40 - Oct 19 with 3253 viewsNigeriamark

Bolton A match thread on 18:21 - Oct 19 by D_Alien

After a shite first half, it took their goal to finally galvanise us and from that point on they just couldn't live with us. Yep, Matheson & Alby made such a difference, injecting purpose & energy and the ball started to stick up front

Back to back wins have put us in a much better place and we started to look confident enough to capitalise further - another three points on Tuesday please

My MoM: Rathbone, but a shout out for O'Connell too. Thought Lynch looked pretty secure (not sure why he was criticised earlier in the thread) and as for Tavares... having the confidence and determination to run at the defence and keep going until he forced the ball home through sheer willpower! Wonderful to see and the entire squad seemed to celebrate with him

A far from perfect performance (thought MJ, Morley & Done were poor) but if we're beating the teams around and below us in the table we can feel more confident of escaping an end-of-season struggle

[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 18:25]

The point that you and Shun make about not starting to play until we they scored was the mystifying bit for me. In an earlier post I said that they had only scored 2 goals all season and should be going for the win. However we didn't and seemed set on not losing, that drew them onto us. They then score which forces us to attack and we score 2 goals in a short period of time. We then went all defensive again and they could have scored. Tavares goal was against the run of play and took the pressure off. Just can't understand why we didn't go at them from the start because they really only have a handful of players who can operate at L1

However like last week it's more about the result than the performance so well pleased with today. A win on Tuesday and it will have been 9 points from 12 from teams in and around us
Bolton A match thread on 18:59 - Oct 19 with 3116 views1907

Bolton A match thread on 18:40 - Oct 19 by Nigeriamark

The point that you and Shun make about not starting to play until we they scored was the mystifying bit for me. In an earlier post I said that they had only scored 2 goals all season and should be going for the win. However we didn't and seemed set on not losing, that drew them onto us. They then score which forces us to attack and we score 2 goals in a short period of time. We then went all defensive again and they could have scored. Tavares goal was against the run of play and took the pressure off. Just can't understand why we didn't go at them from the start because they really only have a handful of players who can operate at L1

However like last week it's more about the result than the performance so well pleased with today. A win on Tuesday and it will have been 9 points from 12 from teams in and around us

Trying to unnecessarily play with 2 CDM is causing issues. As soon as Williams went off, we got an outlet up front - what a bloody difference.

Brian we want the No Fear approach we saw when we went behind. Please stop falling into the tepid Hill mode.
Bolton A match thread on 19:01 - Oct 19 with 3102 viewsleedsdale

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/11

Great tenacity from Tavares for the third. It’s a great run that deserved a goal.
Bolton A match thread on 19:01 - Oct 19 with 3100 viewsboromat

Bolton A match thread on 18:59 - Oct 19 by 1907

Trying to unnecessarily play with 2 CDM is causing issues. As soon as Williams went off, we got an outlet up front - what a bloody difference.

Brian we want the No Fear approach we saw when we went behind. Please stop falling into the tepid Hill mode.

Agree we looked unbalanced with 2 cdms and Morley and particularly MJ didn't play as well as they can. Morley to be fair played some great balls forward but he's better a bit further forward.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Bolton A match thread on 19:09 - Oct 19 with 3047 viewsjonahwhereru

Bolton A match thread on 18:40 - Oct 19 by Nigeriamark

Is a slow start becoming a Dale trait? It happened a both games I have seen at Southend and Wimbledon and watching the stats from some other games we have taken a while to get to grips with the game, but then go on to play well (we won the 2nd half at Wimbledon hands down). Where did that front foot at Tranmere go?
Good to see we have beaten four teams below us, which was diffent in the last season of KH. Also to have bagged 3 away wins at this stage.
I was thinking this week “it is written” as they say that KH and Bolton would get their first win against us. At 1 down I was resigned to it, so it Win from feeling like that is great. We are not a great team,but BMM can get enough out of what he has to see us ok.
UTD
Bolton A match thread on 19:36 - Oct 19 with 2844 views1907

The slow start is due to playing 2 CDM and lacking outlets up top. People may no agree but Pyke is a big loss out wide. Tall and has pace, tries to beat a man.
Bolton A match thread on 21:25 - Oct 19 with 2380 views442Dale

Having seen the goals on Quest, the Tavares one could be an own goal by Zouma. Have to really slow it down on the camera shot from behind the goal, it seems to be Zouma’s leg that puts it in after it comes back off the keeper.

Bolton A match thread on 21:34 - Oct 19 with 2322 viewsD_Alien

Bolton A match thread on 21:25 - Oct 19 by 442Dale

Having seen the goals on Quest, the Tavares one could be an own goal by Zouma. Have to really slow it down on the camera shot from behind the goal, it seems to be Zouma’s leg that puts it in after it comes back off the keeper.

Not sure the camera angle is conclusive, but the impetus behind the ball heading towards the net in real time this afternoon came from Tavares, and he won't be denied

First time i've watched Quest, it's a proper football programme, and the best thing is they just get on with it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bolton A match thread on 21:37 - Oct 19 with 2296 viewspnc4eva1

Today's summary from my point of view. First half, pretty poor. Bolton looked like a team who hadn't played together on a regular basis. Dale looked as though they were trying too hard. Rather than keeping it simple they tried for the killer pass too often.

Second half was Luke's introduction. Jimmy K had, as usual, done his job, but Luke started to cause concerns whilst being better as a right back. Then Bolton scored after we looked the better twam. Enter the person I slagged off (being honest) for mist of last season under Hill. All of a sudden we kept the ball up front. We scored three goals that we deserved unless you listened to the radio Mancholton. Without firing like we have this season we won. That is the sign of a good team

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Bolton A match thread on 21:51 - Oct 19 with 2187 viewsDaley_Lama

First half our final pass was abysmal. Attack after attack failed either due to an under/over hit pass, or no pass and an awful shot. Bolton looked there for the taking but Dale couldn’t deal any blows.

Second half and Bolton were much better, the lad who came on and provided a cracking cross for their goal was a handful for RNL.

Bit of deflection for the first, neat finish by OMR and a bit more luck/rick-o-shea for the third. When your down, you suffer this sort of stuff as Bolton did today.

Great 3 points but not a great performance for me.

Kudos to the 12K+ Bolton fans who are turning up despite their position.

Poll: DF in or out

Bolton A match thread on 21:57 - Oct 19 with 2148 views442Dale

Bolton A match thread on 21:34 - Oct 19 by D_Alien

Not sure the camera angle is conclusive, but the impetus behind the ball heading towards the net in real time this afternoon came from Tavares, and he won't be denied

First time i've watched Quest, it's a proper football programme, and the best thing is they just get on with it

He deserves it for persistence alone, though there’s more evidence when pausing each frame - looks an OG.

Quest is much more like the old Endsleigh Football League Extra that was shown at about 2am on Monday nights in the 90s. The BBC show became too much talking.

Bolton A match thread on 21:58 - Oct 19 with 2139 viewsfitzochris

Bolton A match thread on 21:25 - Oct 19 by 442Dale

I’d have to agree. It looked like it took a deflection at the time, now I’ve seen it again, I’m sure it did. Horrible to take the goal away from Tavares though, so I hope nobody bothers.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bolton A match thread on 22:03 - Oct 19 with 2094 viewsmacro

Bolton A match thread on 21:58 - Oct 19 by fitzochris

I’d have to agree. It looked like it took a deflection at the time, now I’ve seen it again, I’m sure it did. Horrible to take the goal away from Tavares though, so I hope nobody bothers.

Depends on the referees report I assume - hopefully it won’t be taken away.

As for the Lillis situation, I can’t really see why anyone at the club needs to clarify things.
Bolton A match thread on 22:06 - Oct 19 with 2067 viewsfitzochris

Bolton A match thread on 22:03 - Oct 19 by macro

Depends on the referees report I assume - hopefully it won’t be taken away.

As for the Lillis situation, I can’t really see why anyone at the club needs to clarify things.

With regards to Lillis, that’s your opinion and I have mine. Keeps the world interesting.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bolton A match thread on 22:07 - Oct 19 with 2064 views442Dale

Bolton A match thread on 21:58 - Oct 19 by fitzochris

Irrespective of the goal itself, to see him attacking a defence at pace was the major plus point. It’s the first time we’ve seen that in a long time and it offers great hope for the future if he continues to progress.

That directness is something we lack and to see the confidence he had in going for it at 2-1 up is a sign of a player who wants to hurt the opposition first and foremost.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024