Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton A match thread 14:14 - Oct 19 with 16980 views442Dale

It’s about time someone came out and properly explained the Lillis situation. He’s at the club yet we recall a player from a loan spell who isn’t as good.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bolton A match thread on 22:15 - Oct 19 with 2906 viewsmacro

Bolton A match thread on 22:07 - Oct 19 by 442Dale

Irrespective of the goal itself, to see him attacking a defence at pace was the major plus point. It’s the first time we’ve seen that in a long time and it offers great hope for the future if he continues to progress.

That directness is something we lack and to see the confidence he had in going for it at 2-1 up is a sign of a player who wants to hurt the opposition first and foremost.

That pace is what we have been lacking since NML left. In the substitutes appearances he has made it’s obvious his pace frightens the opposition and he’s got some trickery, fingers crossed he’ll progress and carry on scoring.
Bolton A match thread on 22:22 - Oct 19 with 2866 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Report: Bolton 1-3 Dale 19th Oct 2019 22:13
Dale recorded consecutive wins for the first time this season with a 3-1 away win over Keith Hill’s Bolton Wanderers. 0

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Bolton A match thread on 22:24 - Oct 19 with 2852 viewsfitzochris

Bolton A match thread on 22:07 - Oct 19 by 442Dale

Irrespective of the goal itself, to see him attacking a defence at pace was the major plus point. It’s the first time we’ve seen that in a long time and it offers great hope for the future if he continues to progress.

That directness is something we lack and to see the confidence he had in going for it at 2-1 up is a sign of a player who wants to hurt the opposition first and foremost.

Absolutely and our play in the first half was endemic of our season to date, compounded when they scored. The subs changed the game and gave us the game, so massive credit for that.

However, I’d be a hypocrite if I changed my tune about the numbers in the squad and the balance of certain positions. It’s an area that still needs action.

Picking up points against those around us, meanwhile, is no bad thing.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bolton A match thread on 22:28 - Oct 19 with 2825 viewspioneer

Odd how bolton struggle to score goals...except against us. 8 of the 11 games they have played against other team they were goaless, but have scored in all three games against us. Not thati it has affected the results fortunately.
Bolton A match thread on 22:34 - Oct 19 with 2801 viewstodmordendale

that is where Wilbraham needs to be. Up top in the middle.
Plaudits to Lynch with safe hands, good positional play and excellent kicking out. Can’t recall him kicking one out of play (unlike Roberto ) and most times he found his man.
I think today’s team is somewhere near the best we can put out.
Maybe, use only Morley as holding midfield and perhaps Jimmy moving forward to wide midfield.
Anyway, I still think it is looking good for a less stressful season.
Bolton A match thread on 22:41 - Oct 19 with 2777 viewsEllDale

Surprised that no-one has yet remarked that we could have been one up inside ten seconds if Morley’s shot had gone in!
The biggest conundrum is MJ Williams, so good until he had to revert to centre back and a shadow of that early form.
Bolton A match thread on 22:42 - Oct 19 with 2768 viewsdingdangblue

Great feature on Quest about the game today. Decent highlights and interviews.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bolton A match thread on 22:45 - Oct 19 with 2757 views442Dale

Bolton A match thread on 22:41 - Oct 19 by EllDale

Surprised that no-one has yet remarked that we could have been one up inside ten seconds if Morley’s shot had gone in!
The biggest conundrum is MJ Williams, so good until he had to revert to centre back and a shadow of that early form.

Good call! If that had gone in would it have been the quickest goal ever?!

The Bolton keeper was panicking.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton A match thread on 23:07 - Oct 19 with 2675 viewsD_Alien

Bolton A match thread on 22:45 - Oct 19 by 442Dale

Good call! If that had gone in would it have been the quickest goal ever?!

The Bolton keeper was panicking.

Quickest ever is, i believe, attributed to Jim Fryatt, an old school centre forward playing for Stockport?? but defo at Bradford Park Avenue

4 seconds

It's been disputed, since before official timing was introduced. Think Morley's effort would've been about 6 or 7 seconds

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bolton A match thread on 23:27 - Oct 19 with 2620 viewsdingdangblue

Bolton A match thread on 23:07 - Oct 19 by D_Alien

Quickest ever is, i believe, attributed to Jim Fryatt, an old school centre forward playing for Stockport?? but defo at Bradford Park Avenue

4 seconds

It's been disputed, since before official timing was introduced. Think Morley's effort would've been about 6 or 7 seconds

Just timed Morley's.
It would have been 4 secs.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bolton A match thread on 23:35 - Oct 19 with 2601 viewsEllDale

I played in the same school team as a lad called Johnny Walsh who also played for the Catholic Club and he regularly used to try and score direct from the kickoff in the same way.
I saw him actually do it at the Gravel Hole in Royton in one occasion.
Bolton A match thread on 04:39 - Oct 20 with 2387 viewsmikehunt

Was that our first ever win at Bolton? We can’t have been in the same division too often. And my memories of playing them away have always resulted in losses.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bolton A match thread on 04:42 - Oct 20 with 2385 viewsmikehunt

“It was Rochdale FFS”. Seems a popular comment on the Wanderers forum. Their natives are getting restless.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bolton A match thread on 07:16 - Oct 20 with 2315 viewsAncoats_Blue

Bolton A match thread on 04:42 - Oct 20 by mikehunt

“It was Rochdale FFS”. Seems a popular comment on the Wanderers forum. Their natives are getting restless.

Aye, that’d be the same Rochdale that have scored nearly 6x the number of league goals as them and picked up 4x the number of points. And that’s from a lower mid table side. They’re in for a really, really long season with an attitude like that.
Bolton A match thread on 08:07 - Oct 20 with 2235 viewsTVOS1907

Bolton A match thread on 04:39 - Oct 20 by mikehunt

Was that our first ever win at Bolton? We can’t have been in the same division too often. And my memories of playing them away have always resulted in losses.

It was and that was our ninth visit in league and cup, although we did win 1-0 there in the pre-season Lancashire Cup in 1991 thanks to a Mark Payne goal, but that doesn't count in the records, unless someone wants to denigrate current achievements.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Bolton A match thread on 08:10 - Oct 20 with 2221 viewsTVOS1907

Bolton A match thread on 21:34 - Oct 19 by D_Alien

Not sure the camera angle is conclusive, but the impetus behind the ball heading towards the net in real time this afternoon came from Tavares, and he won't be denied

First time i've watched Quest, it's a proper football programme, and the best thing is they just get on with it

Exactly, which is a drum I've been beating for a while, but some people (not necessarily on here) still kept hankering back to Manish (with his very limited knowledge of the Football League and an inability to ad lib!) Claridge (and his biro) and Leroy.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Bolton A match thread on 08:16 - Oct 20 with 2190 viewsAtThePeake

As soon as Bolton scored they did what we have tended to do after taking the lead at home this season - sat back and invited pressure on. As soon as Camps' shot was deflected in there was only one winner, but they are a very poor side and we really shouldn't have needed to rescue the game against them.

Slated Wilbraham last week but he won the game for us yesterday. It's clear that he is more effective when playing centrally. The issue with that is that it forces into moving our best player and most effective goalscorer into a deeper or wider position, further away from the goal. Need him to change a few more games in that way to justify the contract we offered him but a few more performances like that will make him a very useful option for the rest of the season.

Keohane and Done as mentioned previously were really poor but the substitutes did the job and BBM deserves credit for that. I'd be tempted to give MJ Williams a week or two out of the team to see if he can reset and rediscover that form he showed at the start of the season.

I mentioned on Twitter a few weeks ago that our style of play will see us earn points against poor sides but teams with more individual quality than us will pick us off. The only team in the bottom half to have beaten us so far is AFC Wimbledon - but all four of our wins have come against teams in the bottom six. Makes Tuesday's games versus MK Dons a huge one as our next four league opponents after that are all in the top seven currently.

Tangled up in blue.

Bolton A match thread on 08:21 - Oct 20 with 2174 viewsTVOS1907

Bolton A match thread on 08:16 - Oct 20 by AtThePeake

As soon as Bolton scored they did what we have tended to do after taking the lead at home this season - sat back and invited pressure on. As soon as Camps' shot was deflected in there was only one winner, but they are a very poor side and we really shouldn't have needed to rescue the game against them.

Slated Wilbraham last week but he won the game for us yesterday. It's clear that he is more effective when playing centrally. The issue with that is that it forces into moving our best player and most effective goalscorer into a deeper or wider position, further away from the goal. Need him to change a few more games in that way to justify the contract we offered him but a few more performances like that will make him a very useful option for the rest of the season.

Keohane and Done as mentioned previously were really poor but the substitutes did the job and BBM deserves credit for that. I'd be tempted to give MJ Williams a week or two out of the team to see if he can reset and rediscover that form he showed at the start of the season.

I mentioned on Twitter a few weeks ago that our style of play will see us earn points against poor sides but teams with more individual quality than us will pick us off. The only team in the bottom half to have beaten us so far is AFC Wimbledon - but all four of our wins have come against teams in the bottom six. Makes Tuesday's games versus MK Dons a huge one as our next four league opponents after that are all in the top seven currently.

We're due a win v MKD; we haven't beaten them in ten! (ignoring that pre-season friendly four years ago).

Bolton A match thread on 09:58 - Oct 20 with 1952 viewsD_Alien

The thing about starting in a central forward position is the amount of running you'd be expected to do, to pressure the keeper and defenders in possession and laterally as play moves from one side of the pitch to the other

Hendo is fit as a butcher's dog, but that's just not going to happen with Alby at 40. That's possibly why he's either going to be placed out wide (but not tracking back) if he starts, or becomes a key option off the bench

He's worth his contract, but we need to cut him some slack as his game time and game management are balanced. If yesterday is anything to go by, BBM seems to be working that out

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bolton A match thread on 10:50 - Oct 20 with 1815 viewstony_roch975

Bolton A match thread on 09:58 - Oct 20 by D_Alien

The thing about starting in a central forward position is the amount of running you'd be expected to do, to pressure the keeper and defenders in possession and laterally as play moves from one side of the pitch to the other

Hendo is fit as a butcher's dog, but that's just not going to happen with Alby at 40. That's possibly why he's either going to be placed out wide (but not tracking back) if he starts, or becomes a key option off the bench

He's worth his contract, but we need to cut him some slack as his game time and game management are balanced. If yesterday is anything to go by, BBM seems to be working that out

good point - difficult with all our injuries to see what BBM thinks are his best 2 formations but (injuries apart) if Alby features in either it has to be centrally.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Bolton A match thread on 10:59 - Oct 20 with 1780 viewsaleanddale

Great effort by Morley after 5 seconds from kick off the Bolton keeper thought he had been done I am sure.

The next 45 minutes were terrible with mis placed passes and seemingly no confidence.

Thank god Bolton scores as that sprung Dale into life!

Alby and young Luke introductions worked a treat both magnificent and instrumental in the turn around.

Well done Taveres with his first goal for the club his tenacity in getting the ball into the net via two one twos with Rick O Shea was a treat!

Bolton A match thread on 11:04 - Oct 20 with 1763 viewstony_roch975

Bolton A match thread on 08:16 - Oct 20 by AtThePeake

Agree with much of that - tho any full-back does need support from the wide player ahead & Done struggles with that role). Playing people out of position continues to be our dilemma - Rathbone/Dooley are more effective centrally but usually have to play wide left cos we have no natural wide midfielder able & willing to protect their full-back (Like Joe T). Morley & MJW can both make telling passes but seem to narrow the pitch when both play. Camps is one of our 2 best (offensive) footballers but in his current role can spend much of any game chasing defenders rather than building play.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Bolton A match thread on 12:29 - Oct 20 with 1608 viewsDaleiLama

Was an attendance/away following announced?

That was the ultimate game of two halves. Snorefest, followed by a must-watch. Was Alby responding to the setting or can he do that again?

For me, the cameos from Tavares to date have found him to be a little lightweight, but he played bigger than his build on that run and I was as delighted for him as the rest of the squad on that confidence booster. Let's hope he's the next diamond in the rough we can develop.

Great subs from BBM who is also learning and adapting. Less than a year on the job and hopefully with another window to work with we can make enough tweaks to the squad to have us enjoying scorelines like that more weeks than not.

How good can Matheson be? Please sign a contract Luke.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 12:32]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bolton A match thread on 12:30 - Oct 20 with 1605 viewsTVOS1907

Bolton A match thread on 12:29 - Oct 20 by DaleiLama

Was an attendance/away following announced?

That was the ultimate game of two halves. Snorefest, followed by a must-watch. Was Alby responding to the setting or can he do that again?

For me, the cameos from Tavares to date have found him to be a little lightweight, but he played bigger than his build on that run and I was as delighted for him as the rest of the squad on that confidence booster. Let's hope he's the next diamond in the rough we can develop.

Great subs from BBM who is also learning and adapting. Less than a year on the job and hopefully with another window to work with we can make enough tweaks to the squad to have us enjoying scorelines like that more weeks than not.

How good can Matheson be? Please sign a contract Luke.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 12:32]

13828/1271

Bolton A match thread on 12:32 - Oct 20 with 1600 viewsDaleiLama

Bolton A match thread on 12:30 - Oct 20 by TVOS1907

13828/1271

Ta

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024