Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Lillis 10:38 - Oct 20 with 8591 viewsRAFCBLUE

Is the reason that Josh isn't playing financial, based on the last contract extension he signed under Hill in January 2018 which takes him through to Summer 2020?

In some contracts there is a trigger when you play so many games - if I look at Soccerbase, inculding the loan spells, (I know that might not be 100% accurate) the next appearance will be his 250th league start.

Surely it's not that or has he just vanished off the face of the earth has he?

From 3rd largest number of appearances in a Dale net to not even being 3rd choice; its very bizarre!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Josh Lillis on 10:43 - Oct 20 with 4968 viewsTVOS1907

I've wondered about that and am surprised it hadn't been raised before now.

He hasn't vanished off the face of the earth; I've recently seen him in Morrison's at Todmorden, although that could be classed as off the face of the earth, I suppose...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Josh Lillis on 10:57 - Oct 20 with 4911 viewstodmordendale

Less of the Todmorden bashing please.
I once threw him an Iceberg lettuce in the salad aisle and he caught it well, despite being low down near the potatoes.
I really do feel that the club should let the supporters know. It does not foster good relationships to hide information.
Josh Lillis on 11:06 - Oct 20 with 4878 viewsisitme

Maybe he was told that he doesn't feature in BBM's plans and that he was free to find another club but for whatever reason he is still here and quite rightly seeing out the terms of his contract. I suppose BBM won't want to be bad mouthing him so to quote a wise man... You say it best when you say nothing at all.
Josh Lillis on 11:45 - Oct 20 with 4746 viewsD_Alien

Josh Lillis on 11:06 - Oct 20 by isitme

Maybe he was told that he doesn't feature in BBM's plans and that he was free to find another club but for whatever reason he is still here and quite rightly seeing out the terms of his contract. I suppose BBM won't want to be bad mouthing him so to quote a wise man... You say it best when you say nothing at all.

Agree, this is one where it's best for all concerned that the less said the better. One would have to assume that's Lillis' opinion too, otherwise i'm sure there'd have been gossip across the frozen fish counter

Anything said by BBM in public might only decrease the chances of Lillis moving on

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Josh Lillis on 11:53 - Oct 20 with 4746 viewsrochdale_ranger

I don’t understand the interest to be honest. If he was as good as Sanchez or the other lad maybe. But he isn’t.
Josh Lillis on 11:55 - Oct 20 with 4737 viewsTVOS1907

Josh Lillis on 11:53 - Oct 20 by rochdale_ranger

I don’t understand the interest to be honest. If he was as good as Sanchez or the other lad maybe. But he isn’t.

That's not really the point.

Josh Lillis on 12:30 - Oct 20 with 4655 viewsTVOS1907

Josh Lillis on 11:45 - Oct 20 by D_Alien

Agree, this is one where it's best for all concerned that the less said the better. One would have to assume that's Lillis' opinion too, otherwise i'm sure there'd have been gossip across the frozen fish counter

Anything said by BBM in public might only decrease the chances of Lillis moving on

It was the delicatessen counter, actually.

Josh Lillis on 13:12 - Oct 20 with 4550 viewsD_Alien

Josh Lillis on 12:30 - Oct 20 by TVOS1907

It was the delicatessen counter, actually.

Obviously a delicate subject, being frozen out

Login to get fewer ads

Josh Lillis on 13:19 - Oct 20 with 4551 viewsboromat

Pretty sure BBM said in an interview that Lillis is out of contract next summer and with Lynch becoming available and Wade doing well that they wanted to plan for the future. Without it being said I think it's obvious that Lillis isn't the type of keeper that fits BBMs teams. Whether something else has happened to help BBM make the decision doesn't really matter.

Also I think Lillis has been here for so long he'll probably be on a contract that few clubs are willing to match or improve on.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Josh Lillis on 13:49 - Oct 20 with 4487 viewsnordenblue

Josh Lillis on 10:43 - Oct 20 by TVOS1907

I've wondered about that and am surprised it hadn't been raised before now.

He hasn't vanished off the face of the earth; I've recently seen him in Morrison's at Todmorden, although that could be classed as off the face of the earth, I suppose...

Why in God's name were you in either Tod or Morrisons,They are both as strange as each other
Josh Lillis on 13:55 - Oct 20 with 4473 viewsTVOS1907

Josh Lillis on 13:49 - Oct 20 by nordenblue

Why in God's name were you in either Tod or Morrisons,They are both as strange as each other

Because it's the most convenient supermarket on my journey home!

Josh Lillis on 13:56 - Oct 20 with 4469 viewsisitme

Josh Lillis on 13:49 - Oct 20 by nordenblue

Why do most people go to Morrisons?

I also suspect it's quicker to get to the Tod one rather than the Rochdale one if you live in Littleborough.
Josh Lillis on 14:03 - Oct 20 with 4434 viewsTVOS1907

Josh Lillis on 13:56 - Oct 20 by isitme

I also suspect it's quicker to get to the Tod one rather than the Rochdale one if you live in Littleborough.

Or if you drive about half-a-mile from it, as I do every day.

This is like Supermarket Sweep!

Josh Lillis on 14:05 - Oct 20 with 4429 viewsnordenblue

Josh Lillis on 13:55 - Oct 20 by TVOS1907

Because it's the most convenient supermarket on my journey home!

Still no excuse tvos, I'd gladly drive well out of my way to keep clear of both of them
Josh Lillis on 14:06 - Oct 20 with 4426 viewsnordenblue

Josh Lillis on 13:56 - Oct 20 by isitme

I'm fooked if I know,using the options available there's possibly not a worse one to pick
Josh Lillis on 14:17 - Oct 20 with 4396 viewsTVOS1907

Josh Lillis on 14:05 - Oct 20 by nordenblue

Still no excuse tvos, I'd gladly drive well out of my way to keep clear of both of them

Think about the ozone layer, or summat.

Josh Lillis on 14:25 - Oct 20 with 4336 viewsD_Alien

Josh Lillis on 14:06 - Oct 20 by nordenblue

I'm fooked if I know,using the options available there's possibly not a worse one to pick

Strange one this

For decades, and for reasons not known even to myself (it may have been a gut instinct), i'd avoided Tesco like the plague

Then it came to pass that i came to pass it more frequently, so one day recently i popped in. It's now got a greater share of my business than my former love aisle(and), which shall remain nameless, except it asda the worst shelf-filling of all the major players, thus becoming a shelf-fulfilling profit-less-y

Now i'm just a supermarket whore. Any hole in a retail storm; god bless the holesalers

Josh Lillis on 14:30 - Oct 20 with 4342 viewssoulboy

Cant heat sainsburys imo, it's the only one I use. Wouldn't go in Asda if they were giving the stuff away!
Josh Lillis on 16:05 - Oct 20 with 4169 viewsFrog

I read on Facebook that Josh is suffering from depression, no idea in the truth of this and wish him well if that's the case.
Josh Lillis on 16:13 - Oct 20 with 4136 viewsNigeriamark

Josh Lillis on 16:05 - Oct 20 by Frog

I read on Facebook that Josh is suffering from depression, no idea in the truth of this and wish him well if that's the case.

Heard the same & he may not be someone who want it to be open. However may just be another rumour

Regarding supermarkets, no -one going to M&S ? Food great clothes poor except 3 white shirts for 27 GBP
Josh Lillis on 16:23 - Oct 20 with 4111 viewsfitzochris

Josh Lillis on 16:05 - Oct 20 by Frog

That’s what the gossip is and it’s a shame whether it’s true or it isn’t.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Josh Lillis on 17:30 - Oct 20 with 3950 viewsmingthemerciless

Josh Lillis on 16:13 - Oct 20 by Nigeriamark

Heard the same & he may not be someone who want it to be open. However may just be another rumour

Regarding supermarkets, no -one going to M&S ? Food great clothes poor except 3 white shirts for 27 GBP

Marks @ Sparks ? You got it in one. Food is really good and if you go in about 4-45 they're selling stuff off cheap. As for the clothes, they're not even stylish enough for me and I'm getting on a lot.
Josh Lillis on 17:46 - Oct 20 with 3904 viewsrochdale_ranger

Is he depressed about not getting picked or it it something in his personal life?
Josh Lillis on 17:49 - Oct 20 with 3865 viewsD_Alien

Josh Lillis on 17:46 - Oct 20 by rochdale_ranger

Is he depressed about not getting picked or it it something in his personal life?

Doesn't have to be either

Some people are prone to depressive illness without anything in particular in their lives being a trigger

But it's a fair point, not to assume he'd be depressed due to not playing

Josh Lillis on 18:03 - Oct 20 with 3846 viewsShun

Josh Lillis on 17:46 - Oct 20 by rochdale_ranger

As DA said, more often than not there is no reason for it. Depression is a disease caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain, sometime it’s borne from personal trauma but more often than not it isn’t, it’s just a disease that develops, like cancer for example.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024