Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? 11:27 - Oct 26 with 4381 viewsNigeriamark

I know we won the whole thing in 2003 but what about today as a one off performance Never beaten NZ in the World Cup before yet completely dominated the team considered favourites. Not the greatest all blacks team ever but had won about 19 on the trot in world cups. Can’t wait for next week
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 11:28]
Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 11:32 - Oct 26 with 2709 viewsD_Alien

At least you can say you were in Yokohama (even if it wasn't for the semi!)

People mentioned discipline before the game, but lack of it is often the sign of a side under pressure and it was NZ's discipline that gave way. The margin of victory could've been higher but for some very marginal (but correct) decisions. The ref also missed several forward passes by NZ, but no matter

Eddie Jones started well when he arrived, then we seemed to go off the boil but if the secret of trophy-winning success is to come to the boil at the right time, he's got England playing at 100C. Final to come of course

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 11:37 - Oct 26 with 2707 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The 2nd "disallowed" try should have been given.....why did the French TMO tosspot get involved?

The Welsher Referee had already given it?

Great for England....the World's against us.
Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 11:58 - Oct 26 with 2659 viewspioneer

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 11:37 - Oct 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

The 2nd "disallowed" try should have been given.....why did the French TMO tosspot get involved?

I was lucky enough to be at the 2003 final, sat among a group of french fans, all cheering for the wallabies. They really hate the english (well at least a rugby).

There is a high probability the final will be refereed by...a frenchie. Put your money on wales if that is the case.
Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 12:44 - Oct 26 with 2584 viewsNigeriamark

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 11:58 - Oct 26 by pioneer

I was lucky enough to be at the 2003 final, sat among a group of french fans, all cheering for the wallabies. They really hate the english (well at least a rugby).

There is a high probability the final will be refereed by...a frenchie. Put your money on wales if that is the case.

Tomorrow looks like a cracker of a semi. Although South Africa seem to be favourites, I fancy Wales, although from an England perspective I would prefer SA in the final

If it ends up England v Wales in the final that will be one to watch given the rivalry there.
Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:02 - Oct 26 with 2555 viewsDaleiLama

Wasn't confident before kick off but that was a performance of breath-taking power, discipline, effort, intelligence and resilience. Really sets up a wonderful fixture next Saturday regardless of who wins tomorrow's semi (any connection with this and my post on the Steele-Bodger thread is entirely co-incidental)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:12 - Oct 26 with 2541 viewsDale23years

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:02 - Oct 26 by DaleiLama

Wasn't confident before kick off but that was a performance of breath-taking power, discipline, effort, intelligence and resilience. Really sets up a wonderful fixture next Saturday regardless of who wins tomorrow's semi (any connection with this and my post on the Steele-Bodger thread is entirely co-incidental)

Take it Mass Debater not England rugby union fan !!

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:19 - Oct 26 with 2512 viewsDaleiLama

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:12 - Oct 26 by Dale23years

I'm afraid I don't even know what you are talking about, let alone why you marked me down. Anyway, have at it. Normally used to your vitriol after the final whistle when Dale don't win - looks like you've started early today. Cheers.

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:20 - Oct 26 with 2511 viewsDale23years

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:19 - Oct 26 by DaleiLama

I'm afraid I don't even know what you are talking about, let alone why you marked me down. Anyway, have at it. Normally used to your vitriol after the final whistle when Dale don't win - looks like you've started early today. Cheers.

What you going about ???

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:22 - Oct 26 with 2492 viewsDaleiLama

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:20 - Oct 26 by Dale23years

What you going about ???

Apologies - Mass Debater marked my post down - wrong end of the stick on my part. As you say, he's obviously not a Union man. Or doesn't like England. Whatever floats his boat.

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:39 - Oct 26 with 2454 viewsD_Alien

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:22 - Oct 26 by DaleiLama

Apologies - Mass Debater marked my post down - wrong end of the stick on my part. As you say, he's obviously not a Union man. Or doesn't like England. Whatever floats his boat.

Possibly can't cope with semis?

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:55 - Oct 26 with 2432 viewsdawlishdale

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:39 - Oct 26 by D_Alien

Possibly can't cope with semis?

Doubt he's ever had one.
Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 17:22 - Oct 26 with 2287 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Immense performance by England. Going in to the game, the All Blacks were considered strong favourites by most but England tore them to shreds and were unlucky not to win by a much bigger margin.

Seemed harsh/pernickety to disallow our try for a marginal forward pass in the maul. Thankfully, it didn't have any bearing on the result.
Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 18:11 - Oct 26 with 2225 viewsscarrow

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 13:12 - Oct 26 by Dale23years

Cant stand rugby either. Have avoided the egg chasing all tournament. Will not be watching the final.

Poll: Final position

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 18:55 - Oct 26 with 2205 viewssweetcorn

Unbelievable performance, England have the best forward line in world rugby and it showed today.

Some of the tackles put in by the English today were scary. Defended with tenacity and power and the all blacks just couldn’t live with it.

Not sure I agree with the commentary about it being one of the biggest shocks in World Cup history though. We’re talking about the 2 best teams in world rugby. There have been far bigger shocks.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 18:57 - Oct 26 with 2202 viewssweetcorn

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 18:11 - Oct 26 by scarrow

Cant stand rugby either. Have avoided the egg chasing all tournament. Will not be watching the final.

Well done pal. Shame you didn’t avoid this thread too..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 18:59 - Oct 26 with 2196 viewsfinberty

Interesting to observe the faces of the All Blacks as the game wore on. Unusual to see them looking so uncertain.
Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 19:30 - Oct 26 with 2155 viewsD_Alien

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 18:11 - Oct 26 by scarrow

You'll also be missing the real sportsmanship shown by both winners and losers then, far superior to anything you'll witness on a football field. After hammering six shades of shit out of each other, nothing but total respect at the end, plus no arguing with the ref

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 19:31 - Oct 26 with 2163 viewssince58

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 18:59 - Oct 26 by finberty

Interesting to observe the faces of the All Blacks as the game wore on. Unusual to see them looking so uncertain.

They never used to be so indecisive but now they're not so sure.
Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 19:34 - Oct 26 with 2148 viewsD_Alien

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 18:55 - Oct 26 by sweetcorn

Unbelievable performance, England have the best forward line in world rugby and it showed today.

Some of the tackles put in by the English today were scary. Defended with tenacity and power and the all blacks just couldn’t live with it.

Not sure I agree with the commentary about it being one of the biggest shocks in World Cup history though. We’re talking about the 2 best teams in world rugby. There have been far bigger shocks.

Speaking of which, i reckon the Japanese will be rooting for England in the final, due to the Eddie Jones factor

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 20:08 - Oct 26 with 2115 viewsdingdangblue

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 18:55 - Oct 26 by sweetcorn

What a wonderful game - dont think I've ever seen the all blacks looking so flustered and lost for ideas - we totally dominated them and it was brilliant to watch. England could have been so disheartened with the 2 disallowed try's but they just carried on regardless. The one after halftime was the wrong call - George doesn't lose contact with the ball at any point so it wasn't a pass forward.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 20:24 - Oct 26 with 2095 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Watching it again the TMO ref should have let Nigel Owens' decision stand. Not at all clear whether George lost contact with the ball and not enough to override Owens' decision.
Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 23:52 - Oct 26 with 2006 viewsHopwoodblue

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 11:37 - Oct 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

The TMO was a South African which is strange as they are in the other Semi Final,
Still he certainly got the second disallowed try wrong.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 00:27 - Oct 27 with 1989 viewsDiddyDave

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 23:52 - Oct 26 by Hopwoodblue

The TMO was a South African which is strange as they are in the other Semi Final,
Still he certainly got the second disallowed try wrong.

Currently on holiday in NZ and having lived here for 35 years knew what to expect at World Cup time. Hate the game,but very pleased that England have finally shut these Kiwis up and there’s bound to be doom and gloom when they all go back to work on Monday morning. The post-mortem will go on for months,how the mighty are fallen. Love it.
Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 07:57 - Oct 27 with 1891 viewsmingthemerciless

The first disallowed try was fair enough, you could argue it was obstruction. The second one was pretty harsh. Do they not give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team in rugby union ?

Great performance by England, almost error free which is what you need to beat the The Kiwi's.
Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 09:38 - Oct 27 with 1828 viewsscarrow

Rugby World Cup - best ever performance? on 18:57 - Oct 26 by sweetcorn

Well done pal. Shame you didn’t avoid this thread too..

Didn't realise I wasnt allowed an opinion. Silly me for daring to say that egg chasing is a shite sport
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 9:40]

Poll: Final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024