Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Matheson 11:30 - Oct 26 with 14527 viewsBartRowou

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Luke Matheson on 12:34 - Oct 26 with 8298 viewsEllDale

Is there a way of reading this piece in full without subscribing?
He comes across as such a grounded, honest character.
My wife, who knows little about football, says that, "he's just the sort of lad you'd want your daughter to go out with!".
Luke Matheson on 13:11 - Oct 26 with 8237 viewsoddjob007

I’ve just read it and it genuinely brought a tear to my eye, wouldn’t read on a hangover!

Obviously I have a vested interest, being a Rochdale fan, but it’s certainly one of the best articles I’ve ever read.

I think you can subscribe for a trial period and obviously cancel before they charge you.
Luke Matheson on 14:18 - Oct 26 with 8066 viewsjacko_dale

Fantastic read. Makes his performances even more special now you see what's been going on behind the scenes.

Encouragingly, sounds like he'll be signing a contract next week too. Happy days.
Luke Matheson on 19:04 - Oct 26 with 7693 viewsKenBoon

It's a very good read and I hope the professional contract mention is accurate (and with us!). I'd highly recommend The Athletic as a good investment if you like reading longer articles and not being annoyed by clickbait and zillions of commercials.
Luke Matheson on 11:40 - Oct 27 with 7340 viewsJames1980

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-man-city-transfer-

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Luke Matheson on 12:32 - Oct 27 with 7240 viewsSaxonDale

Luke Matheson on 11:40 - Oct 27 by James1980

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-man-city-transfer-

£10 million?! £300,000 will do.
Luke Matheson on 13:09 - Oct 27 with 7172 viewsKenBoon

Luke Matheson on 12:32 - Oct 27 by SaxonDale

£10 million?! £300,000 will do.

Under EPPP, If we’re a category 3 academy then we’ll get around £50k. There’s additional fees to a maximum of £1.3m if a player makes 100 first team appearances for that club. I’m not sure of sell-on percentages, or if clubs can be forced to pay more if it becomes a ’bidding war’.
Luke Matheson on 13:24 - Oct 27 with 7131 viewsDale23years

Luke Matheson on 13:09 - Oct 27 by KenBoon

Under EPPP, If we’re a category 3 academy then we’ll get around £50k. There’s additional fees to a maximum of £1.3m if a player makes 100 first team appearances for that club. I’m not sure of sell-on percentages, or if clubs can be forced to pay more if it becomes a ’bidding war’.

If hes signed a contract then we demand what we want. £350k it is then

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Matheson on 13:47 - Oct 27 with 7054 viewsdingdangblue

Luke Matheson on 11:40 - Oct 27 by James1980

They obviously dont know Dale if they are quoting £10 million!
Like we would turn down even £1 million for him?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Luke Matheson on 14:14 - Oct 27 with 7006 views49thseason

Luke Matheson on 13:47 - Oct 27 by dingdangblue

They obviously dont know Dale if they are quoting £10 million!
Like we would turn down even £1 million for him?

It was rumoured that United paid £300k for the unnamed 14 year old we sold to them. Matheson has to be worth many multiples of that as a minimum. Which brings us to Morley......and bear in mind United paid £50m for ....Fred!
Still its better from United or City's perspective to invest in promising kids that to pay millions in corporation taxes.
Luke Matheson on 15:23 - Oct 27 with 6890 viewsShun

This £10m figure could actually help us out when it comes to bargaining. It allows us to set a far bigger asking price than the £300K you know our board would’ve settled for otherwise.
Luke Matheson on 16:21 - Oct 27 with 6792 viewsEllDale

No point in speculating because the fee will be “undisclosed “ anyway.
Luke Matheson on 20:05 - Oct 27 with 6533 viewsDale96

There's an interview with Matheson's dad here, which suggests Luke will be staying here at least for the short term:
https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/rochdale-defender-is-a-norwich-city-fan-1-63

Pasting the key parts here:
"If you can plan Luke's career then he'd stay two years at Rochdale, then - hindsight's a wonderful thing isn't it - then, yeah, you'd love him to play for Norwich in the Premier League.

"But it's whether it's the right move at the right time, you can't plan, and Rochdale fans obviously want him to stay here and they will want him to stay for the next 10 years because that's their club.

"But that would be great if he turned out for Norwich, having never been there, but whether that's the right move one day then who knows? It's who else comes knocking isn't it - Real Madrid, Barcelona, you never know?!"
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 20:05]
Luke Matheson on 20:14 - Oct 27 with 6493 viewsdingdangblue

Luke Matheson on 16:21 - Oct 27 by EllDale

No point in speculating because the fee will be “undisclosed “ anyway.

Yes it will be undisclosed - but it's a tad harder to keep a fee secret when the likes of Utd or City may be involved - the newspaper's always find out the fee.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Luke Matheson on 21:35 - Oct 27 with 6381 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Luke Matheson on 20:05 - Oct 27 by Dale96

There's an interview with Matheson's dad here, which suggests Luke will be staying here at least for the short term:
https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/rochdale-defender-is-a-norwich-city-fan-1-63

Pasting the key parts here:
"If you can plan Luke's career then he'd stay two years at Rochdale, then - hindsight's a wonderful thing isn't it - then, yeah, you'd love him to play for Norwich in the Premier League.

"But it's whether it's the right move at the right time, you can't plan, and Rochdale fans obviously want him to stay here and they will want him to stay for the next 10 years because that's their club.

"But that would be great if he turned out for Norwich, having never been there, but whether that's the right move one day then who knows? It's who else comes knocking isn't it - Real Madrid, Barcelona, you never know?!"
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 20:05]

Maybe Dale or Norwich or Barcelona or Real Madrid?
Former Dale starlwart Connor Ronan is currently playing in Slovakia. Not in any way dissing that, to make a living out of the game is in itself an achievement, but there’s a hell of a long way to go yet for very young Luke.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Luke Matheson on 08:51 - Oct 28 with 6027 viewselectricblue

£10m more media bull shit if you ask me...
If Luke signs on the dotted line this week then that should increase his stock valve a bit...
I would say that going off Dales past transfer dealings the figure maybe £1m plus addons........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Luke Matheson on 08:59 - Oct 28 with 6008 viewsJames1980

Press said Dan was worth £1Million we got £300K apparently. Perhaps we will get £3Million for Luke on that basis. Yes I am extrapolating from a sample size of 1

Luke Matheson on 09:46 - Oct 28 with 5944 viewsoddjob007

We'll be lucky to get 7 figures.

Remember, he's not the finished article and there is every chance he might not yet make it (albeit, that seems highly unlikely given the type of lad he comes across as.)
Luke Matheson on 14:17 - Oct 28 with 5643 viewsfitzochris

A three-year deal with a minmum release clause shouldn't be beyond our current admin to get sorted with Luke.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 11:48]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Luke Matheson on 18:31 - Oct 28 with 5391 viewsShun

Luke Matheson on 14:17 - Oct 28 by fitzochris

A three-year deal with a minmum release clause shouldn't be beyond our current admin to get sorted with Luke.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 11:48]

As long as the minimum release fee isn’t £300K, I agree!

It’s absolutely vital that he signs a contract soon though. Until then he can be spirited away from us for virtually nothing.
Luke Matheson on 19:31 - Oct 28 with 5279 views49thseason

It would be the end of Bottomley if Matheson leaves without signing a contract.
Luke Matheson on 20:17 - Oct 28 with 5186 viewsJames1980

Luke Matheson on 19:31 - Oct 28 by 49thseason

Doesn't that depend on what we offer him compared to other deals his agent lines up?

Luke Matheson on 20:20 - Oct 28 with 5176 views56years

Why?
Luke Matheson on 20:21 - Oct 28 with 5172 viewsfinberty

Not sure it's that easy.

Just look t'other side of Heywood.
Luke Matheson on 20:41 - Oct 28 with 5114 views49thseason

Luke Matheson on 20:20 - Oct 28 by 56years

Why?

Because bringing through young players and selling them is what the whole club is predicated on. If Matheson does not have a pre contract or is going to leave without signing a professional contract with us, it means that B will have failed to deliver on the most vital part of the work he is paid to do. An inability to persuade players to sign professional contracts is not acceptable, it places the whole club in jeopardy. Adding a small charge to a ticket or attempting to organise a function is not why B gets paid, contracting players capable of securing the financial future of the club for years is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024