Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congrats to SA 11:12 - Nov 2 with 1376 viewsD_Alien

Just as we did a job on NZ last week, SA did a job on us today

They were too strong in key areas, particularly the scrum, which forced us out of our gameplan and into errors and penalties conceded. In the end, it wasn't even close

We possibly peaked too soon. Not sure why Ben Youngs wasn't taken off at half time, even for the late addition Spencer - Youngs was all over the place both with his passing and decision making

Overall though, credit where its due - they were just too good for us on the day, but "on the day" is all that matters

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Congrats to SA on 11:19 - Nov 2 with 1353 viewsDaleiLama

Losing Sinckler was big and our handling was as bad as all tourney but bang on with the neutralisation job. They deserved it for that alone. Sadly.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Congrats to SA on 11:33 - Nov 2 with 1322 viewsjonahwhereru

Agree, they executed their game plan and England didn’t.
Disappointed not only with the result but also the spectacle. Don’t enjoy watching forwards pummelling each other to get penalties. But the tournament did have some wonderful rugby, so a real success.
Congrats to SA on 11:38 - Nov 2 with 1300 viewsDaleiLama

Congrats to SA on 11:33 - Nov 2 by jonahwhereru

Disappointed not only with the result but also the spectacle. Don’t enjoy watching forwards pummelling each other to get penalties. But the tournament did have some wonderful rugby, so a real success.

Reminded me in footy terms of the old Italian sides winning the WC whilst Holland got knocked out. Not always the most entertaining teams that win but agree - some wonderful rugby on display in lots of games.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Congrats to SA on 12:43 - Nov 2 with 1249 viewsmingthemerciless

Congrats to SA on 11:33 - Nov 2 by jonahwhereru

Yeah it was a dull game. I'd have probably turned it off if England hadn't have been playing. It was a return to the old Scrum, line-out, kick style of Rugby Union that we used to call Rugby Yawnion. We just weren't able to deal with that sort of game and never got our own running game into play. Lot's of daft mistakes, lots of penalties. Anybody else think there were two little forward passes in their first try ? I thought the ref didn't give us much but no complaints really. we were never at it all game and the best team won.

Our final was last Saturday I'm afraid.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 12:45]
Congrats to SA on 14:05 - Nov 2 with 1187 viewsNigeriamark

Congrats to SA on 12:43 - Nov 2 by mingthemerciless

Yeah it was a dull game. I'd have probably turned it off if England hadn't have been playing. It was a return to the old Scrum, line-out, kick style of Rugby Union that we used to call Rugby Yawnion. We just weren't able to deal with that sort of game and never got our own running game into play. Lot's of daft mistakes, lots of penalties. Anybody else think there were two little forward passes in their first try ? I thought the ref didn't give us much but no complaints really. we were never at it all game and the best team won.

On Wednesday I made a last minute decision to go to New Zealand for the Englands cricket tour. As I was booking flights saw that I could go via Tokyo. Turned up last night, paid 2 and a half times face value for a ticket and went to the game (. fair to say after travelling for the abandoned game against France Yokohama won't go down as my favourite place for good memories)

Wonderful atmosphere from the England fans and yet after 10 minutes you could feel that it may not be our night. South Africa played their game and we just couldn't respond. If the try you mentioned was disallowed, I am still not sure we would have won as we just didn't look as if we would penetrate their defence. In a grind it out game SA are the masters. The most disappointing for me and most fans at the stadium was that there wasn't even a 10 minute spell where we looked like changing momentum.

Ah well there is always the cricket. Not sure if any Dale fans are going to be at any of the games but PM me if you fancy a beer. Haven't actually booked anything yet but will probably try to stay near the grounds. Will be there from the 3rd T/20 to the day after the second test

Anyway back at my hotel for the Dale game so hopefully something to cheer me up
Congrats to SA on 17:31 - Nov 2 with 1102 viewsdingdangblue

Congrats to SA on 14:05 - Nov 2 by Nigeriamark

On Wednesday I made a last minute decision to go to New Zealand for the Englands cricket tour. As I was booking flights saw that I could go via Tokyo. Turned up last night, paid 2 and a half times face value for a ticket and went to the game (. fair to say after travelling for the abandoned game against France Yokohama won't go down as my favourite place for good memories)

Wonderful atmosphere from the England fans and yet after 10 minutes you could feel that it may not be our night. South Africa played their game and we just couldn't respond. If the try you mentioned was disallowed, I am still not sure we would have won as we just didn't look as if we would penetrate their defence. In a grind it out game SA are the masters. The most disappointing for me and most fans at the stadium was that there wasn't even a 10 minute spell where we looked like changing momentum.

Ah well there is always the cricket. Not sure if any Dale fans are going to be at any of the games but PM me if you fancy a beer. Haven't actually booked anything yet but will probably try to stay near the grounds. Will be there from the 3rd T/20 to the day after the second test

Anyway back at my hotel for the Dale game so hopefully something to cheer me up

The big moment for me was when Farrell had the chance just after ht to make it 12-15 and he missed a fairly regulation kick. Next attack we gave away another penalty and it was 9-18.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Congrats to SA on 17:41 - Nov 2 with 1092 viewsmingthemerciless

Congrats to SA on 17:31 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

The big moment for me was when Farrell had the chance just after ht to make it 12-15 and he missed a fairly regulation kick. Next attack we gave away another penalty and it was 9-18.

I would have gone for a kick to touch then and get a line out near their line. We desperately needed to get some ball in their 22 metre zone.
Congrats to SA on 22:43 - Nov 2 with 980 viewswimborne_dale

Congrats to SA on 12:43 - Nov 2 by mingthemerciless

I thought they were forward too but it wouldn't have affected the outcome. It would have been emotionally easier had we lost to NZ by a score or less but to do so brilliantly against the mighty all blacks had us dreaming, believing. We have been flirted with and teased by that most cruel of hand maidens; hope. Now she has spat us out.

Edgar Allan's Crow

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024