Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread 14:12 - Nov 2 with 8704 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 14:23 - Nov 2 with 4526 viewsNigeriamark

Happy with that line up. Hopefully Pyke will get a run out at some stage ( perhaps when we are 3 up!!)
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 14:29 - Nov 2 with 4493 viewsboromat

Yeah think if everyone's on their game that's the strongest lineup we could have put out. Rovers are no mugs though especially at the back.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 15:14 - Nov 2 with 4320 viewsNigeriamark

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 14:29 - Nov 2 by boromat

Yeah think if everyone's on their game that's the strongest lineup we could have put out. Rovers are no mugs though especially at the back.

2-0 down with both goals about a minute apart

1st goal very poor defending by MJW then a weak effort by Camps leading to a tap in

Then another attack with a cross whipped in from the left and unfortunately O'Connel places a perfect header into his own bottom corner

Tough one now
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 15:15 - Nov 2 with 4315 viewsnordenblue

Not the best of starts 0.2 after 11mins 👌
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 15:16 - Nov 2 with 4284 viewsDalenet

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 15:15 - Nov 2 by nordenblue

Not the best of starts 0.2 after 11mins 👌

Too casual. Not using he space on the right. Long afternoon ahead
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 15:46 - Nov 2 with 4109 viewsNigeriamark

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 15:16 - Nov 2 by Dalenet

Too casual. Not using he space on the right. Long afternoon ahead

1-2 Camps scores. Nice move knocked back to Camps who produces a nice finish. Crucial goal just before HT.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 15:56 - Nov 2 with 4057 viewsDalenet

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 15:46 - Nov 2 by Nigeriamark

1-2 Camps scores. Nice move knocked back to Camps who produces a nice finish. Crucial goal just before HT.

Yes good goal created by Matheson. Give him the ball and he gets it across. He has had to stand watching most of the half.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 16:00 - Nov 2 with 4015 viewsrich_dale

It's all a bit pedestrian and the tactics and formation aren't helping. No need to have two defensive CMs at home and MJ is slowing us down. Also Done in midfield with Camps up top feels odd. Get Pyke on and start pressuring them. We're at home ffs, we can get something out of this.
Login to get fewer ads

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 16:05 - Nov 2 with 3973 viewsboromat

I'm not seeing the advantage of Mj and Morley dropping to full back when we've got the ball. It leaves us with no one in the middle and everyone stood wide. (Exaggerating a bit)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 16:37 - Nov 2 with 3847 viewsDale23years

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 16:05 - Nov 2 by boromat

I'm not seeing the advantage of Mj and Morley dropping to full back when we've got the ball. It leaves us with no one in the middle and everyone stood wide. (Exaggerating a bit)

Cant see what Done brings to the team

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 17:05 - Nov 2 with 3708 viewsNigeriamark

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 16:37 - Nov 2 by Dale23years

Cant see what Done brings to the team

Lost 1-2. All dale from their second goal but unfortunately not good enough up front to get anything despite waves of attacking

That really is points lost because they did not look to be a good side at all. Our keeper had nothing to do at all & couldn't be blamed for the goals. They have ended up with 2 goals from 2 efforts on target !!

Possession
Home65%Away35%
Shots Home14Away9
Shots on Target Home8Away2
CornersHome6Away2

Tough game on Tuesday too
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 17:08 - Nov 2 with 3680 viewsfitzochris

Unlucky not to draw level at the end, but simply not good enough over the piece. Story of the season so far, on average.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 17:25 - Nov 2 with 3580 viewsDale23years

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 17:08 - Nov 2 by fitzochris

Unlucky not to draw level at the end, but simply not good enough over the piece. Story of the season so far, on average.

Do you think that down to the BBM tactics or the players he has available ? I think some of it got to do with the players he retained ( Done, Alby).

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 17:43 - Nov 2 with 3492 viewsDalenet

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 17:25 - Nov 2 by Dale23years

Do you think that down to the BBM tactics or the players he has available ? I think some of it got to do with the players he retained ( Done, Alby).

I think BBM selections today were wrong. Done was awful, Williams had a mare. Pyke was on the bench and we weren't using the right wing. And how long did it take to sub Rathbone when he was injured. We needed legs on the pitch and pace. He takes the blame today ....sorry
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 17:46 - Nov 2 with 3465 viewsrich_dale

Done is not a midfielder and he was playing pretty deep while Camps, a midfielder was playing up top. It didn't work, nor did having MJ and Morley doing the same job. No way to set up at home and it created the conditions for us to gift the game in the first 15 mins. More pertinently though, we start so many games slowly and only figure out an effective formation and approach in the 2nd half. At home especially we need to be on the front foot from the start and push the opposition back. First half was like a training session and we played way too deep.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 17:49 - Nov 2 with 3454 views49thseason

Once again, we spent the fIrst half with no movement up front until bringing on Pyke and Tavares changed the picture considerably . There is little point in all the possession if the front runners stand still and if the first action of the midfield is to pass sideways or backwards because there is nothing going on in front of them. We deserved a goal and a point if only for the last half hours battering we gave them . But again overall poor at home. 15 wins in the last 54 home games.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 17:56 - Nov 2 with 3376 viewsD_Alien

Agree with much that's been said already. Basically, we gifted 3pts to a bang average side and whilst unlucky with their second we handed them the initiative from the kickoff with our formation

RND's pace was nullified since he was starting from too far upfield with Morley wasted filling in behind him (wtf?). I don't have BBM down as a tactical genius, more a keep it relatively straigtforward, but his approach to this game cost us dear

MJW was awful and should've been off much earlier than he was. I don't want to see him back in a home starting X! for some time and wouldn't be bothered if we got rid. Camps was back to his lackadaisical ways of last season, twice just handing possession to Rovers in dangerous positions through sheer carelessness. Done in a deep position didn't come off at all - until he came off

Rathbone had a great game but was just pipped for MoM by Matheson. A hugely deflating afternoon and an opportunity to make progress thrown away

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 18:50 - Nov 2 with 3135 viewsYorkshire_Dale

We do have this knack of starting off slowly and (badly) which is becoming a habit...we were all over the place for 20 mins and their 2 efforts on target got goals. We could n't find a team mate but continued to piss and pass around the back....only Luke seemed to have any urgency to get us going.When you are 2-0 down you must start playing further forward than your own penalty area.

But at least we got going 2nd half and how we did n't equalise is a travesty...the Ref gave us sweet fa.and they were canny in slowing us down and making us loose momentum,

The loss of Ollie did n't help......when Calvin appears it's game over.

Agree about Matt Done and MJ....being poor but who can we bring in?
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 19:03 - Nov 2 with 3070 viewstodmordendale

I did not understand Morley and Williams playing at full back and our full backs playing higher up as wingers. No one was in midfield. Bizarre tactics.
BBM must take responsibility for the loss.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 19:12 - Nov 2 with 3017 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Post match interview: the dreaded "individual errors" phrase is heard for the first time this season.

(Widely used last season by previous Manager). Only seen the short version...is there any reference to wrong formation today?
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 19:17 - Nov 2 with 2999 viewsJames1980

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 19:12 - Nov 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Post match interview: the dreaded "individual errors" phrase is heard for the first time this season.

(Widely used last season by previous Manager). Only seen the short version...is there any reference to wrong formation today?

Perhaps he was referring to himself

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 20:16 - Nov 2 with 2780 viewsswiggy

Funnily enough on the way out of the ground I said “what we’ll be hearing next is individual errors etc etc etc”. Unfortunately it’s true but what you have to do is minimise the chance of individual errors costing us, first goal, goal kick to us followed by 6 passes in our own half before we lost the ball and conceded, second goal MJ had ball but Instead of defending decided to play super football and lost the ball leading to a cross O’Connell unfortunately conceding. I love playing football but there is a time to play and a time to just to get rid. Brizzle aren’t pretty but there was none of the pissing about in their own area and putting themselves under pressure, we are a better team but need to realise you can’t football yourself out of every situation and sometimes safety first is best.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 20:28 - Nov 2 with 2741 viewsblackdogblue

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 19:03 - Nov 2 by todmordendale

I did not understand Morley and Williams playing at full back and our full backs playing higher up as wingers. No one was in midfield. Bizarre tactics.
BBM must take responsibility for the loss.

Sorry, do not understand why either of them were in the starting 11, MJ is useless & Morley is just a kid, we’re a League 1 Club for ffs... more like a youth club at the moment..

CBA going Wrexham, need to inject some new blood in January, get some play off ambition & as much as I heard “forward” repeatedly from the Sandy today, you know what, he’s right!!!

Really hissed off again this season

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 20:43 - Nov 2 with 2689 viewsdingdangblue

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 20:28 - Nov 2 by blackdogblue

Sorry, do not understand why either of them were in the starting 11, MJ is useless & Morley is just a kid, we’re a League 1 Club for ffs... more like a youth club at the moment..

CBA going Wrexham, need to inject some new blood in January, get some play off ambition & as much as I heard “forward” repeatedly from the Sandy today, you know what, he’s right!!!

Really hissed off again this season

Morley was excellent again today and some of his exquisite passes should have lead to more than 1 goal - his age is immaterial.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 20:50 - Nov 2 with 2666 viewsmilnrowblue

A winger or two wouldn’t go amiss in January. Very unlucky due to close chances and a couple of bad decisions from the officials, but even with that I couldn’t say we 100% deserved to win. We didn’t play football for the first half (barring 5 seconds of the goal).

I don’t think we’ll be in any trouble due to the clubs below us, but if we’re to move forward as a club we need to invest in the football that BBM is giving us, from the board to the fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024