Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread 14:12 - Nov 2 with 8687 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 22:23 - Nov 2 with 2676 viewssweetcorn

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 16:37 - Nov 2 by Dale23years

Cant see what Done brings to the team

Funny that, sounds a bit like you and what you bring to this messageboard..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 22:26 - Nov 2 with 2666 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 20:43 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

Morley was excellent again today and some of his exquisite passes should have lead to more than 1 goal - his age is immaterial.

Morley is our best set-piece taker too.....perhaps he should try a shot or two with that driven power?

Agree, he did well today.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 22:26 - Nov 2 with 2660 viewssweetcorn

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 20:28 - Nov 2 by blackdogblue

Sorry, do not understand why either of them were in the starting 11, MJ is useless & Morley is just a kid, we’re a League 1 Club for ffs... more like a youth club at the moment..

CBA going Wrexham, need to inject some new blood in January, get some play off ambition & as much as I heard “forward” repeatedly from the Sandy today, you know what, he’s right!!!

Really hissed off again this season

I’d say this sums up what you know about football.. Morley was excellent today, barely gave the ball away and always looking to receive it.

My thoughts on the game: McShane looks every bit a player who’s never played below the championship before coming to us. We’ll win more than we lose with him in the team.

We deserved at least a point on the balance of play, but 2 errors gave us nowt. Lets hope we get a reaction Tuesday

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 22:51 - Nov 2 with 2578 viewsfitzochris

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 22:26 - Nov 2 by sweetcorn

I’d say this sums up what you know about football.. Morley was excellent today, barely gave the ball away and always looking to receive it.

My thoughts on the game: McShane looks every bit a player who’s never played below the championship before coming to us. We’ll win more than we lose with him in the team.

We deserved at least a point on the balance of play, but 2 errors gave us nowt. Lets hope we get a reaction Tuesday

“We deserved at least a point” - we did, yet we didn’t get one. Again.

Let’s hope for a reaction against INSERT TEAM HERE - how many times have we said that?

That probably sums up where our deficiencies are, I would say. Some very good individuals in our team, creating great passages of play, but sadly resulting in very little.

Based on our average standard of play this season, where we are currently is where we deserve to be. A top-half finish requires action in January.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 22:53 - Nov 2 with 2572 viewsShun

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 20:28 - Nov 2 by blackdogblue

Sorry, do not understand why either of them were in the starting 11, MJ is useless & Morley is just a kid, we’re a League 1 Club for ffs... more like a youth club at the moment..

CBA going Wrexham, need to inject some new blood in January, get some play off ambition & as much as I heard “forward” repeatedly from the Sandy today, you know what, he’s right!!!

Really hissed off again this season

Didn’t go today so can’t comment specifically, but I’m with ddb that Morley’s age is immaterial. He’s deservedly in the starting XI due to his performances all season, which generally have been good.

Edit: Also YD is spot on when he says Morley is our best set piece taker.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 22:55]
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 23:00 - Nov 2 with 2550 viewsdingdangblue

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 22:53 - Nov 2 by Shun

Didn’t go today so can’t comment specifically, but I’m with ddb that Morley’s age is immaterial. He’s deservedly in the starting XI due to his performances all season, which generally have been good.

Edit: Also YD is spot on when he says Morley is our best set piece taker.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 22:55]

Not quite sure what game Bdb was watching but Ddb thought it was Morley's best performance of the season. He was certainly my man of the match. His passing really is sublime.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 23:04]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 23:25 - Nov 2 with 2483 viewsscarrow

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 23:00 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

Not quite sure what game Bdb was watching but Ddb thought it was Morley's best performance of the season. He was certainly my man of the match. His passing really is sublime.

Not sure I'd have had Morley has motm today but he gave a solid performance. He has a good repertoire of set pieces in his armoury which is good going forward. I'd prefer him playing in a more forward position though like at southend.

Poll: Final position

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 00:20 - Nov 3 with 2395 viewsD_Alien

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 23:25 - Nov 2 by scarrow

Not sure I'd have had Morley has motm today but he gave a solid performance. He has a good repertoire of set pieces in his armoury which is good going forward. I'd prefer him playing in a more forward position though like at southend.

And given his ability to score from the edge of the box made it so much more frustrating to see him pushed back behind RND. It just smacked of the kind of nonsensical tinkering that became Hill's trademark towards the end and which BBM immediately banished when he took over to good effect

Just what is it with coaches? Do they think they have to come up with summat clever to prove they've been on courses? It's total bollocks, it completely unbalanced the team and if i'd paid cash through the turnstile today i wouldn't do so again until i was sure it'd stopped happening

[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 0:25]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 10:11 - Nov 3 with 2024 viewsblackdogblue

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 23:00 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

In the interests of clarity I didn’t say Morley had a bad game, more so in the second half when positions shuffled due to the subs.. starting a Young right footed future talent at left back isn’t going to bode well.

MJ was awful yesterday, many times giving the ball away. Luke was like RND the other week, in space & screaming for a pass but not getting one. When Pyke came on & started on the left, a few times him & RND were not on the same wavelength..

What I was trying to say is when you look at the team sheet, Luke, Fabio, Wade, Bradley don’t have an A Level between them yet, at half time when it was announced if there was a qualified Referee in the ground, surprised they didn’t ask if any of the flag bearers fancied a shirt...

McShane got MOM, probably a good choice, but back onto Morley, have a suspicion he is being played to put him in the window to sell like Dan Adshesd. When it was said we would have a smaller squad this season, fine but a core team of players with the occasional ex academy player, but not 30% of kids on the team sheet. Hendo was clean through at least 2-3 times & came to nothing. Bristol looked shell shocked at times in the second half and we didn’t take advantage.

When Ole got injured near the dug out, he walked / tried to run but looked like he was drunk, why he didn’t go down & stay down is a mystery...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 10:28 - Nov 3 with 1972 viewsboromat

Yesterday's formation with the ball is hard to picture well in text but hopefully this comes across to those that weren't there.

-----MJ O'Connell McShane Morley
--------nobody nobody nobody
Matheson nobody Rathbone nobody RND
------------Done--------Hendo------Camps

We'd win the ball pass it around and move into this formation which was great for creating space and getting MJ or Morley on the ball but they'd be in the full back position with a marked Matheson or RND in front of them and a midfield packed with only Rovers players. The only option was to go long.

The second half was much better and that was due to players dropping back into the middle to receive the ball. You had Done, Rathbone, Camps and Hendo all dropping at different times to receive the ball and then the next phase of play started to bring in RND and Matheson.

I'm not sure whether it was the tactics in the first half or the players not implementing them correctly. With the two early instances of falling asleep to gift goals it made that first half a pretty miserable watch apart from the goal we got back.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 10:53 - Nov 3 with 1930 viewsScunnydale

Yesterday was the first time I've managed to get over to Spotland this season.

The first 10 mins were where we lost the game. Some stupid decisions leading to two very easy goals, putting us very much on the back foot from the off. From then on we played some excellent football in patches and, on another day, could have won that 4-2. I thought there was at least one great shout for a penalty, and some great saves from their keeper.

Some thoughts on the players, for what it's worth:
McShane and O'Connell looked assured, and no fault can be applied to the latter for the OG (apart from the obvious).
I was right by Matheson in the first half and it was noticeable how much space he was in, but rarely got the ball. When he did...goal. Not a coincidence, surely?
MJW: I'm loathe to criticise Dale players but I have to agree with others how much he slowed down the play. Sadly, I was relieved when he came off.
Done: Played out of position, but he definitely tried. Not much came off for him, but I can't criticise his effort.
Morley: His passing was incredible. Get him central and we'll be a much better team. I was hoping he was going to shoot from one of the FKs.
Rathbone: Awesome workrate matched with ability. Hope his injury isn't too serious.
Camps and Hendo: Not much came off for them today but there were glimpses of class from both of them.
I thought Pyke had plenty to offer when he came on, and RND looked lively throughout.

I agree with the confusion over the positioning of, particularly, RND and Morley.

Overall, a much better performance than I was expecting after 11 minutes and there are positive signs, but this was my first game of the season. I've not had to witness this for two months.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 11:13 - Nov 3 with 1879 viewsjpresto

Did anyone else think we had 2 clear shouts for a penalty in the second half? The first was a rugby tackle on McShane from a corner that was waved away and the second a shot blocked by a defender any goalkeeper would be proud of. Don 't seem to be getting the rub of the green with refs at the moment, not to mention some of their tackles for which Alby saw red last week for less.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 11:29 - Nov 3 with 1850 viewsdawlishdale

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 11:13 - Nov 3 by jpresto

Did anyone else think we had 2 clear shouts for a penalty in the second half? The first was a rugby tackle on McShane from a corner that was waved away and the second a shot blocked by a defender any goalkeeper would be proud of. Don 't seem to be getting the rub of the green with refs at the moment, not to mention some of their tackles for which Alby saw red last week for less.

The tackle on McShane could easily have been given as a penalty. The appeal for handball looked to hit their chap in the chest, and the ref was in a good position so I think he got that one correct.

Agree though that the referee was weak generally, allowing too much time wasting from their players.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 11:34 - Nov 3 with 1844 viewsEllDale

MJW is certainly an enigma.
He is undoubtedly skilful yet so timid for a big bloke.
As someone shouted from the Sandy yesterday he looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane.
The daft thing is that he could have scored yesterday with a bullet of a drive which was courageously blocked.
At least his selection keeps Ryan out of the team.
On another day we’d have scored four in that second half but the bottom line is that it’s more points dropped at home.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 11:55 - Nov 3 with 1802 viewstony_roch975

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 11:34 - Nov 3 by EllDale

MJW is certainly an enigma.
He is undoubtedly skilful yet so timid for a big bloke.
As someone shouted from the Sandy yesterday he looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane.
The daft thing is that he could have scored yesterday with a bullet of a drive which was courageously blocked.
At least his selection keeps Ryan out of the team.
On another day we’d have scored four in that second half but the bottom line is that it’s more points dropped at home.

Just to throw another thought in about MJW - is he better as part of a back 3? That would allow our FBs to play as wing backs which probably suits their strengths, Morley could play centrally, Camps & Rathbone ahead & Pyke & Hendo up top?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 12:03 - Nov 3 with 1782 viewsTVOS1907

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 10:11 - Nov 3 by blackdogblue

In the interests of clarity I didn’t say Morley had a bad game, more so in the second half when positions shuffled due to the subs.. starting a Young right footed future talent at left back isn’t going to bode well.

MJ was awful yesterday, many times giving the ball away. Luke was like RND the other week, in space & screaming for a pass but not getting one. When Pyke came on & started on the left, a few times him & RND were not on the same wavelength..

What I was trying to say is when you look at the team sheet, Luke, Fabio, Wade, Bradley don’t have an A Level between them yet, at half time when it was announced if there was a qualified Referee in the ground, surprised they didn’t ask if any of the flag bearers fancied a shirt...

McShane got MOM, probably a good choice, but back onto Morley, have a suspicion he is being played to put him in the window to sell like Dan Adshesd. When it was said we would have a smaller squad this season, fine but a core team of players with the occasional ex academy player, but not 30% of kids on the team sheet. Hendo was clean through at least 2-3 times & came to nothing. Bristol looked shell shocked at times in the second half and we didn’t take advantage.

When Ole got injured near the dug out, he walked / tried to run but looked like he was drunk, why he didn’t go down & stay down is a mystery...

So you don't think Morley is in the team on merit?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 13:10 - Nov 3 with 1695 viewsNorthernDale

I thought that Fabio Tavares did well when he came on and may be a good prospect for the future.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 13:16 - Nov 3 with 1682 viewsblackdogblue

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 12:03 - Nov 3 by TVOS1907

So you don't think Morley is in the team on merit?

Not at Left back which was my point..

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 15:37 - Nov 3 with 1539 viewsTVOS1907

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 13:16 - Nov 3 by blackdogblue

Not at Left back which was my point..

Was it?

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 17:27 - Nov 3 with 1404 viewsboromat

On MJ he's played best this season when he's been the lone defensive midfielder and with the ball he's dropped back to be the centre of a three. Recently he's been one of two defensive midfielders and with the ball he's dropped into a full back position where he's expected to create. Unfortunately he's not that creative.

I know Ryan hasn't been great so far but I think he'd be better in the role currently being asked of MJ.

We're doing well still this season and I can only see us getting better at the moment.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 17:58 - Nov 3 with 1349 viewsblackdogblue

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 15:37 - Nov 3 by TVOS1907

Was it?

I don’t think he should be put into a gap on merit no.

Do I think he’s good enough for a regular League 1 start.. No. we should have a better depth of experience in the squad, that’s where his merit is coming from, desperation to name a squad & fill the bench.

Do I think he has potential, yes very much so, so do Luke & Fabio, they need another year or so in the reserves, Checkatrade trophy outings & maybe a few last 20 mins sub appearances with a team of professionals not half a youth team.

15/54 wins at home is not good enough, pretty soon people are going to stop going & loss of income from gate receipts will affect us more...

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 19:41 - Nov 3 with 1250 viewsTVOS1907

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 17:58 - Nov 3 by blackdogblue

I don’t think he should be put into a gap on merit no.

Do I think he’s good enough for a regular League 1 start.. No. we should have a better depth of experience in the squad, that’s where his merit is coming from, desperation to name a squad & fill the bench.

Do I think he has potential, yes very much so, so do Luke & Fabio, they need another year or so in the reserves, Checkatrade trophy outings & maybe a few last 20 mins sub appearances with a team of professionals not half a youth team.

15/54 wins at home is not good enough, pretty soon people are going to stop going & loss of income from gate receipts will affect us more...

He wasn't put into a gap. He dropped there whenever RND pushed forward. The merits of that are a different matter, however.

Morley has been in and around the first team squad for three years and has established himself this season, when he has made 19 appearances. It's quite clear he is more than good enough for a first team start.

Maybe we should have better depth of experience, but we don't have the finances for that, hence why we develop and produce our own players to supplement the others we bring in.

It only seems to be a problem when we lose a game.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 19:42]

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 21:07 - Nov 3 with 1137 viewsSaxonDale

We also used the tactic of Morley dropping in at left back against Bolton. I can see why BBM does it but I think it highlights our lack of pace in the final third, something which has to be sorted in January.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 22:10 - Nov 3 with 1056 viewsblackdogblue

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 19:41 - Nov 3 by TVOS1907

He wasn't put into a gap. He dropped there whenever RND pushed forward. The merits of that are a different matter, however.

Morley has been in and around the first team squad for three years and has established himself this season, when he has made 19 appearances. It's quite clear he is more than good enough for a first team start.

Maybe we should have better depth of experience, but we don't have the finances for that, hence why we develop and produce our own players to supplement the others we bring in.

It only seems to be a problem when we lose a game.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 19:42]

Based on 16 games played so far Won 5 & Lost 7 is more often than not ...

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 22:17 - Nov 3 with 1037 views442Dale

Morley’s been one of our better players this season. His range of passing is both superior to many of his colleagues, but also often wasted due to the lack of pace ahead of him, as others have mentioned.

He’s a proper footballer, sees things before most.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024