Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread 14:12 - Nov 2 with 8700 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 22:56 - Nov 3 with 1434 viewsTVOS1907

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 22:10 - Nov 3 by blackdogblue

Based on 16 games played so far Won 5 & Lost 7 is more often than not ...

… a record that isn't down to Morley, who is clearly good enough for League One football and is in the side on merit.

Who should be in the side ahead of him?
[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 22:57]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 12:16 - Nov 4 with 1137 viewsscarrow

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 11:13 - Nov 3 by jpresto

Did anyone else think we had 2 clear shouts for a penalty in the second half? The first was a rugby tackle on McShane from a corner that was waved away and the second a shot blocked by a defender any goalkeeper would be proud of. Don 't seem to be getting the rub of the green with refs at the moment, not to mention some of their tackles for which Alby saw red last week for less.

Alby deservedly saw red. I agree though you could easily make a case for the challenge on RND being a red card.

Poll: Final position

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 12:29 - Nov 4 with 1115 viewsParkinsGimp

MJW should not be anywhere near that team. It has improved at the back since we got shot of Delaney and McNumpty. Now we need to get rid of MJW and Andrew, but they must be replaced.
Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 13:32 - Nov 4 with 1003 viewsD_Alien

There was mention of MJW being better as part of a back three earlier in the thread, thus releasing our wingbacks. If we were to go with that formation, and once Jim McNulty is fit again, i'd much rather it was a McNulty/McShane/O'Connell combo

Reasons? 1) McNulty was in his best form for Dale (imo) this season until he got injured, playing with real authority. 2) He's naturally left-footed whereas, if McShane has any disadvantage at all, it's that he can't easily play the ball down the line being right-footed but instead has to transfer the ball to the right when bringing it out - a minor disadvantage at our level, i'd agree 3) MJW's last-line defensive qualities - or lack of them - are there for all to see

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 15:35 - Nov 4 with 876 viewstony_roch975

Brizzle Rovers Match Thread on 13:32 - Nov 4 by D_Alien

There was mention of MJW being better as part of a back three earlier in the thread, thus releasing our wingbacks. If we were to go with that formation, and once Jim McNulty is fit again, i'd much rather it was a McNulty/McShane/O'Connell combo

Reasons? 1) McNulty was in his best form for Dale (imo) this season until he got injured, playing with real authority. 2) He's naturally left-footed whereas, if McShane has any disadvantage at all, it's that he can't easily play the ball down the line being right-footed but instead has to transfer the ball to the right when bringing it out - a minor disadvantage at our level, i'd agree 3) MJW's last-line defensive qualities - or lack of them - are there for all to see

Agree about McNulty's form but McShane is only a short term cover so not sure your trio will work after December. Also that trio lacks the one thing MJW brings which is his passing ability, especially long balls (cf the ball to Done against MK Dons) but agree it would be a balance of stronger defensive trio versus one with more creative potential.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024